PDA

View Full Version : Audiosurf

Roy Karrde
26th June 2010, 08:29 PM
http://quaedam.files.wordpress.com/2008/02/audiosurf1small1.jpg

So I decided to try this game on a whim, having seen it for 75% off on Steam, and I was wondering if anyone else has tried it before? Essentially its a racer combined with rock band, you pilot this space craft down a track, and are supposed to hit color blocks that appear on the three rows. There is several different games to play including one where you are dodging gray blocks, to one where you play a almost tetris like version where you collect similar colored blocks.

Yet the most amazing part is that the entire game is designed based on what ever MP3 or Itunes song you upload to it. The game takes the song, separates the vocals and instruments, and basically creates a track and block placement on what ever song you put in there. So if you are playing a song that has a slow part in it, the actual race track will have a long stretch, if the song is about to build up to something big, you travel up a hill, and then have a wild wide down it as the music kicks into full gear.

So I was wondering if anyone else has tried it yet?

PNT510
27th June 2010, 12:55 AM
I bought this game a year or two ago when it was 75% on Steam. It's a lot of fun to just play for 15 minutes here or there. Tons of variety with all the different ships which is just expanded upon by being able to use your entire music library.