View Full Version : 1 v 1 Dr.Coke vs Oslo Ref: Dogfish44

Dr.Coke
26th June 2010, 10:37 PM
No Toxic no Rest
You send out first, I attack first
Arena is in a parking lot full of broken glass and lead pipes

Oslo
26th June 2010, 10:47 PM
Hi, Dr.Coke. :) I would love to take you on.

I'll lead off with my newest Pokester. I'm going with Traef, my shiny male Hoppip with the ability Leaf Guard (if we're playing with abilities, that is).

Never done a one on one before! Excitement. ;)

Dr.Coke
26th June 2010, 11:09 PM
Ok I send out my shiny male Machop with the ability guts.
http://veekun.com/dex/media/heartgold-soulsilver/shiny/66.png

My moves will be Double Team, Fire Punch, and Fling with one of the lead pipes.

Oslo
26th June 2010, 11:15 PM
Okay, Traef, let's do this. Wait until he Double Teams and then use Aerial Ace. Then, go for a Leech Seed followed by a Confusion.

Dogfish44
27th June 2010, 02:48 AM
And I'll ref if that is OK. 1 v 1 I can do ^_^

Oslo
27th June 2010, 08:03 AM
Thanks, DF! :)

Dogfish44
27th June 2010, 08:23 AM
Yay ^_^.
Did this earlier so... :-)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dr.Coke VS Oslo!
And the crowd goes wild...

ARENA - Parking Lot
DQ TIME - 5 day standard.
BANNED MOVES - Toxic ; Rest
http://pokemondb.net/images/sprites/diamond-pearl/shiny/machop.pngVShttp://pokemondb.net/images/sprites/diamond-pearl/shiny/hoppip.png
100 100|||100 100
Double Team ~ Fire Punch ~ Fling ||| Aerial Ace ~ Leech Seed ~ Confusion

AND THE BATTLE BEGINS!
And my nice friendly compass points me towards a nice Parking lot..... which looks like someone dropped a bomb in. I'm gonna stay flying on my Gligar with a first aid kit ready for what seems to be a 1 vs 1. We have Oslo, an experienced battler against Dr.Coke, who already has set in stone his preference for Fighting type pokemon. Oslo releases Traef, a shiny male hoppip, which sends sparkles around this bleak little parking lot. Dr.Coke also sends out a shiny pokemon and more sparkles appear, this time from a Machop. Enough of the intro, let us watch the battle unfold!

Machop starts by splitting into several clones, surrronding Traef. Not liking that, Traef mows them all down with an aerial ace, knocking the real Machop into a silver Ford KA. The alarm goes off, and Machop is annoyed, but at least he wasn't knocked into glass. Because that would hurt.

Machop -8 HP / -8 EN ||| Traef -0 HP / -4 EN

Machop regains composure, and utilises Fists of Fire, which smack into Traef for incredible damage. Hoppip's leaves burst into flames, and he spends a couple of seconds flailing around like a chicken. As he flails, he spits a leech seed at Machop, who was laughing at this scene. Just because Traef is now burnt doesn't mean you can go laughing at it apparently...

Machop -0 HP / -6 EN ||| Traef -14 HP / -1 EN

Traef ignores the burn momentarily, and focuses on Machop using mental powers. Machop gets flung backwords into a Mini Cooper, and yet again the cacophony starts. Machop feels disorientated, and the sound doesn't help. He picks up a black object, and flings it at something. It was actually the shiny Traef, but the hit wasn't at its full power. The piping hits another vehicle, and the alarm goes of AGAIN. However, this snaps Machop back into focus, luckily.

Machop -12 HP / -4 EN ||| Traef -2 HP / -3 EN

And Burn chips away at Traef, who promptly steals that health back via leech seed. Traef +2/-2 , Machop -2

http://pokemondb.net/images/sprites/diamond-pearl/shiny/machop.pngVShttp://pokemondb.net/images/sprites/diamond-pearl/shiny/hoppip.png
80 82|||84 92

- Traef has a burn for 1 HP damage for each move, meaning this round it lost 2 HP (Moves 2 & 3). On most rounds, this is a 3 HP loss.
- Leech Seed drains 1 HP for each move, meaning this round Machop lost 2 HP (Moves 2 & 3) and Traef gained 2 HP. On most rounds this is a 3HP Gain/Loss (Sound Familiar?)
- Confusion did confuse momentarily, but the sound of that alarm snapped Machop back out of it. In confusion like that, Machop's aim wasn't perfect, weakening the throw.

-Damage Cap = 40
-On 0 EN, you are forced to idle for 2 turns, then regain 20 EN. If you reach 0 EN again, the energy regain goes to 10. On the third time, you are KO'ed.
-Should Toxic be used (This is just a note in the rare event that toxic poisoning works through a move other than toxic :O), damage starts on 2 HP then increases by 50% (Rounded up) each round. (2,3,5,8,12,18,27,41)
-Oslo, you're up! (Opinions on the style?)

Don't quote this, it's messy as anything...
And be glad i didn't make a cluedo joke at the end

Oslo
27th June 2010, 07:57 PM
I like it, DF! Your writing is amusing like always. I admit that I'm personally no fan of Comic Sans, but that's more of an individual bias than a serious aesthetic concern. ;) However, I will say that the part written in Impact is a little tricky to read, but that's just me being nitpicky.

Mmkay, Traef, you're doing alright so far. Let's begin that with a Swords Dance followed by two Aerial Aces. If he tries to use an elemental punch, Bounce into the air. You're faster, so that shouldn't be a problem for you. :)

Dr.Coke
27th June 2010, 08:56 PM
Ok first use Encore on his Swords Dance so he can't use bounce ;) Then Ice Punch x2

Dr.Coke
27th June 2010, 09:21 PM
Just testing my signature.

Dr.Coke
30th June 2010, 12:35 PM
2nd page bump

Oslo
4th July 2010, 09:23 PM
Are you still interested in this one, DF?

Dogfish44
6th July 2010, 10:06 AM
Ref is a slowpoke. Anyone to sign a petition forcing refs to a deadline?

------------------------------------------------

Dr.Coke VS Oslo!

ARENA - Parking Lot
80 82|||84 92
Swords Dance*2 ~ Bounce ||| Encore ~ Ice Punch*2

AND THE BATTLE CONTINUES!
Ectabat is in a bad mood I called her a Gligar beforehand.....

ANYWAY! Now that Ectabat has dropped me on a nice piece of glass, we can see Traef do a Dance, wielding a small, dagger shaped piece of glass. The glass snines in the light as Traef feels stronger, and Machop gives Traef an encore. Traef keeps dancing...

Machop -0 HP / -4 EN ||| Traef -0 HP / -5 EN

...And dancing, picking up another glass piece. Again, Traef feels stronger, but this time a fist of ice comes from Machop, who is all of a sudden not impressed. Oh dear, that was cruel. And cold, oh so very cold for the near fully frozen Traef.
At least the leaves are still not frozen. At least...

Machop -0 HP / -7 EN ||| Traef -28 HP / -5 EN

Traef now snaps back to it's senses, and detects another ice punch coming up. He flaps his wings, and have you ever seen a flying ice cube, complete with wings!? Guess what, I haven't either! A second ice punch is dealt, causing slightly less damage than before though, seeing as most of Traef has been turned into an ice rink for the worms. The ice already there cracks a bit, thankfully for Traef.

Machop -0 HP / -7 EN ||| Traef -12* HP / -0 EN (Capped Damage, Actual damage should be 24)

Not all bad news for Traef though.

The Burn chips away at Traef, who promptly steals that health back via leech seed. Traef +3/-3 , Machop -3

77 64|||44 82

- Traef has a burn for 1 HP damage for each move.
- Leech Seed drains 1 HP for each move.(Sound Familiar?)
- Traef can currently only use moves which rely on it's leaves. Whilst frozen, Traef is harder to hit for the same level of damage with physical attacks.

- All Pokemon have common sense, and once Traef realised bouce was impossible, he stopped doing anything, losing but gaining no energy.

-Damage Cap = 40
-On 0 EN, you are forced to idle for 2 turns, then regain 20 EN. If you reach 0 EN again, the energy regain goes to 10. On the third time, you are KO'ed.
-Should Toxic be used (This is just a note in the rare event that toxic poisoning works through a move other than toxic :O), damage starts on 2 HP then increases by me multiplying the damage by 1.5 (Rounded up) each round. (2,3,5,8,12,18,27,41)
-Dr. Coke, you're up! (Good move choices by the way)

Dogfish44
6th July 2010, 11:11 AM
:kick:
Feel free to PM me with your artistic impression of me being stabbed by you to remind me to ref, I react faster to that.

Dr.Coke
6th July 2010, 02:24 PM
Dynamic Punch - Double Team - Protect (Switch Protect with Counter if he uses a physical move)

Oslo
7th July 2010, 10:02 AM
Okay, Traef, I want you to wait until he comes in close so you can nail him with a Sleep Powder before he can Dynamic Punch you. Then, use Sunny Day to melt that ridiculous ice all over you. Finally, Aerial Ace.

Sub: If he wakes up in time to use that Protect, go with Synthesis instead of Aerial Ace.

Dogfish44
14th July 2010, 02:12 PM
Dr.Coke VS Oslo!

ARENA - Parking Lot

77 64|||44 82

Dynamic Punch ~ Double Team ~ Counter||| Sleep Powder ~ Sunny Day ~ Aerial Ace

AND THE BATTLE CONTINUES!

We start of with Machop launching himself at Traef, a fist ready to explode. Traef tries to fire out sleep powder before it hits, but it takes a couple more seconds longer than expected, and although Machop now sleeps, Traef did take damage, and looks dazed. Oh dear... at least the ice is near fully destroyed.

Machop -0 HP / -6 EN ||| Traef -3 HP / -5 EN *cfn*

Confusion or not, Traef sees machop sleeping and calls upon the sun. the remainder of the ice melts, and Traef finds leaf guard has activated a smidgen too late.

Machop -0 HP / -0 EN ||| Traef -0 HP / -7 EN *Leaf Guarded*

Machop still sleeps... awwwwwwww! Traef meanwhile has a slight issue with confusion, and Confusious for that matter. So instead enjoys hitting a vehicle. Cue the siren, which stings everybodies ears. And you damaged MY Audi ;-;. Still confused, and HEY! THAT COST MONEY YOU KNOW!

*Ectabat removes Traef from my boot. Need to get a new lock for that thing*

Machop -0 HP / -0 EN ||| Traef -0 HP / -4 EN

The Burn chips away at Traef, who promptly steals that health back via leech seed. Traef +3/-3 , Machop -3

74 58|||41 66

- Traef has a burn for 1 HP damage for each move.
- Leech Seed drains 1 HP for each move.(Sound Familiar?)
-Cfn is a bitch, giving about 40% to attack, 22.5% ignore, 17.5% different move, 17.5% wrong target, 2.5% Hit's self (Heals confusion)

-Damage Cap = 40
-Should Toxic be used (This is just a note in the rare event that toxic poisoning works through a move other than toxic :O), damage starts on 2 HP then increases by me multiplying the damage by 1.5 (Rounded up) each round. (2,3,5,8,12,18,27,41)
-Oslo, the ball is in your court (And my Audi apparently)

-Again, images of me being stabbed work very well. Humor = Fast reffing, yeah?

Oslo
14th July 2010, 08:41 PM
Okay, Traef, begin with Aromatherapy to overcome that Confusion. Then, put your +4 Att to good use with two Aerial Aces!

If it seems like tries Counter, switch Aerial Ace to Confusion. If he tries an Ice Punch, use Aerial Ace to maneuver around the Ice Punch and strike.

Dr.Coke
15th July 2010, 02:00 PM
So am I still asleep???

Dogfish44
15th July 2010, 02:04 PM
Yes.

Dr.Coke
17th July 2010, 12:44 PM
Family vacation for a week, sorry for the inconvenience. Please dont dq.

Dr.Coke
25th July 2010, 11:09 AM
Ok first use snore, then if Machop wakes up use revenge x2 (If not use sleep talk for each time its still asleep)

Oslo
25th July 2010, 11:16 AM
Okay, so DF gave us the thumbs-up to get a subref since he'll be away for the next few weeks... so if any ref would be so kind as to oversee the remainder of this battle, that would rock. ;) Thanks!

Psst... Dr. Coke... to aid in our quest for a subref, would you mind editing the title of the first post with "SUBREF PLEASE" instead of Dogfish's name?

Oslo
28th July 2010, 11:22 PM
Hrm... I'm short a ref and my opponent hasn't signed on in the past few days to change the thread title so we can get a subref. Right, so I think I'm just going to forfeit. I was really looking forward to making a comeback, and I really believe that everything was in place for me to do so, but my patience is finite and I really want an empty slot so I can nab the last spot of Blade's challenge. So I'm out.

Two points to Dr.Coke, one to me. I don't know how many points DF gets since he stepped down as ref, but I'm sure he can figure it out himself.