PDA

View Full Version : Some New Pokemon (Update: More!)

Starry Might
9th July 2010, 12:05 PM
Hey guys, just thought I'd give you a heads-up on some new Pokemon that have been revealed:

http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Movie_13,_Bandai_possibly_reveal_new_Pok%C3%A9mon
The one Pokemon figure on the left at the bottom has been essentially confirmed (albeit with different coloring).

http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Oha_Suta_confirms_another_Pok%C3%A9mon_from_anime_ leak
To get an idea of what Koromori looks like from the front, look here (you'll also see evolutions of Tsutaja and Mijumaru and the one confirmed Pokemon depicted in the figurine above):
http://pokebeach.com/2010/07/preview-of-black-and-white-anime-new-pokemon-revealed

http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Official_art_of_new_Pok%C3%A9mon_revealed
This basically officially confirms the one Pokemon figurine in the first link.

http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/More_new_Pok%C3%A9mon_seen_during_demo
Hatoopoo is most likely Mamepoto's evolution. I dunno why the second one is being censored, though.

EDIT (7-12-10): Looks like there's more new ones (plus new human characters, too)!
http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/More_new_Pok%C3%A9mon_appear

:cool:

Jeff
25th July 2010, 09:37 AM
Another new Legenday has been revealed!

According to Bulbanews (http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_Sunday_reveals_new_legendary_Pok%C3%A 9mon) it's called "Victini" and to get it you need to download a Liberety Ticket.

One interesting thing is that there are two islands in Isshu that correspond to real-life Liberty Island and Ellis Island. If this little guy is on the one that corresponds to Liberty Island, I wonder what's on the other island. Could be another event legendary, or they could pull a Cresellia/Darkrai on us, and it would end up being a legendary, but not event-exclusive.

Blademaster
25th July 2010, 03:53 PM
Huh, cute critter... I wonder what type it is?

DarkestLight
25th July 2010, 05:49 PM
-.- It looks like annoying ass type >o I dun want a cute legend reveal. Gimme something I can sink my teeth into.

Starry Might
26th July 2010, 11:40 AM
I've just read about Victini earlier. :)

As long as I'm here, I may as well link to an older news article about another new Pokemon, who appears to be an evolution of Luvdisc:
http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Oha_Suta_reveals_new_Pok%C3%A9mon
It also confirms the (Japanese, of course) name of a previously revealed Pokemon, so check it out.

Oh, and to cite yet another Bulbapedia news thing, according to the official Japanese "Black & White" site (which updated a while back), Gochiruzeru (the Goth doll Pokemon) is exclusive to "Black" and Rankurusu (the green blob-enrobed Pokemon) is exclusive to "White".

Oh, and guys, feel free to update this topic with info about new Pokemon if you wish, just like you just did with Victini. :D

Blademaster
26th July 2010, 05:25 PM
Wait a second... Look at Victini's tail.

It looks like a wing...

Could this be our pure Flying-type Pokemon, at long last...?

papabopp
28th July 2010, 12:44 AM
naah thats not the nintendo we know

Starry Might
30th July 2010, 11:58 AM
Wait a second... Look at Victini's tail.

It looks like a wing...

Could this be our pure Flying-type Pokemon, at long last...?
*LOOKS*

Hmmm, interesting. Unless it's supposed to just be a wings of victory (right?) kinda thing.

Anyway, I learned about three new Pokemon (among other new details) on the Internets...Miruhoggu, who may be Minezumi's evolution; Shikijika, a cute little deer Pokemon; and an unidentified stork/swan-like Pokemon. I first saw them on Serebii.

Anyhow, I'm about ready to watch a "Black/White" promo video, so see ya! :D

DarkestLight
3rd August 2010, 02:08 PM
Just saw some new pics-source art.

That rat thing is Psychic/Fire. Boo. New Weedle wrapped in leaf looking thing too.

Starry Might
9th August 2010, 12:07 PM
Just saw some new pics-source art.

That rat thing is Psychic/Fire. Boo. New Weedle wrapped in leaf looking thing too.
I was actually kinda excited to see Victini being that typing, 'cause two of my Fakemon I made up back in Gen II were Fire/Psychic. That's just me, though.

Anyhow, more new Pokemon have been revealed/identified since I last posted:

"Emonga", an Electric/Flying flying squirrel.

The swan-like Pokemon is "Swana", and it's a Water/Flying-type.

The "new Weedle wrapped in leaf looking thing" is "Kurumiru".

"Darumakka", an odd-looking Pokemon who may be Hihidaruma's (a.k.a. the angry fire ape's) pre-evolution.

An unidentified owl/plant Pokemon. EDIT: Fake, according to Serebii. :mad:

"Basurao", some sort of fish Pokemon.

I learned that stuff on Serebii. Should I link to Serebii's New Pokemon page so you can see most of them (along with previously revealed ones)? :)

DarkestLight
9th August 2010, 05:42 PM
Rocky!!! Flying Squirrel! Finally! He deserves goggles!!! Also First non Legend Ele/Fly. Took 4 gens

The Fire ape prevo looks hilarious. I like the seasonal concept being every month a new season comes into play. Average time I play is 4 months diligently, so I''ll be looking forward to that. Though that deer still looks lame.

Blademaster
9th August 2010, 07:04 PM
Fire/Psychic?

+ for a new type combination.

- for STILL not having a pure Flying type.

DarkestLight
9th August 2010, 07:11 PM
Yeah wtf .o. But would it just be a feather? I mean hell, we got gears. Why not? OOH maybe a FRISBEE!! I DEMAND A DISC-MON!

And and it could be flung in game by its teammates! And it could be like a cool new attack where as its flung it unleashes some badass flying move that's like 100 power :D and that attack could be called ULTIMAAAAAAAAAATE!

....Sorry. Really love Ultimate Frisbee.

Poryhedron
9th August 2010, 09:22 PM
It seems clear to me that Nintendo (or Game Freak) has ruled that Flying is an invalid choice for Type1. There is no other explanation for the vast number of NRM/FLY-types in existence. Meaning, there will never be a Pure Flying-type, in much the same way there will never be a Grass/Fire/Water/Poison/Psychic-type.

DarkestLight
9th August 2010, 10:53 PM
Say what now? Never be a Grass/Fire..Fire/Water..Water/Poison (Tenta is sad at you) Poison/Psychic types, or did you mean all 5 at once.

Blademaster
10th August 2010, 05:05 AM
He obviously meant all five at once, or else he would have spaced them apart.

Charles Legend
11th August 2010, 10:30 AM
actally I think they could poll off a pure fling type you guys ever herd of Fūjin? it's the the Japanese god of the wind and one of the eldest Shinto gods.He is said to have been present at the creation of the world and when he first let the winds out of his bag, they cleared the morning mists and filled the Gate between heaven and earth so the sun shone.

He is portrayed as a terrifying dark demon, resembling a red headed black humanoid wearing a leopard skin, carrying a large bag of winds on his shoulders.

just something to think about.

~Charles Legend

Poryhedron
11th August 2010, 11:39 AM
A "terrifying dark demon" with control over the winds would probably end up Dark/Flying.

Starry Might
11th August 2010, 12:01 PM
Rocky!!! Flying Squirrel! Finally! He deserves goggles!!! Also First non Legend Ele/Fly. Took 4 gens
Yeah, I thought of Rocky, too!

How about having Stantler as Bullwinkle, James or Meowth (who would be better?) as Boris, Jessie as Natasha, and Giovanni as the Fearless Leader? :D (LOL)

Anyhoo, getting back on topic, I've seen a new Pokemon called Tabunne in a screenshot at Serebii. It's cute, but they're not sure if the pic is real yet, so take that for what you will.

papabopp
12th August 2010, 12:53 AM
Yeah wtf .o. But would it just be a feather? I mean hell, we got gears. Why not? OOH maybe a FRISBEE!! I DEMAND A DISC-MON!

And and it could be flung in game by its teammates! And it could be like a cool new attack where as its flung it unleashes some badass flying move that's like 100 power :D and that attack could be called ULTIMAAAAAAAAAATE!

....Sorry. Really love Ultimate Frisbee.

i played frisbee today for the first time in quite a while. was awesome

Starry Might
13th August 2010, 11:59 AM
Hey guys, I should have said this sooner, but the plant owl that I mentioned awhile back is actually a fake (along with another one called "Wakoishi", that had been reported on, but I deliberately didn't mention because it was suspect), as I learned on Serebii the other day when I was showing my Dad the then-latest news. :notfunny:

Ah well, next month's "CoroCoro" is supposed to have more new Pokemon, and of course, the Japanese versions of the games will be out then, too...and you know what that means. :D

Jeff
13th August 2010, 12:04 PM
I knew something seemed off about them. They even, dare I say it, looked like Digimon.:P

Starry Might
18th August 2010, 11:45 AM
Hey guys, I was just looking at sites earlier, and Serebii has a couple of pics from the Japanese "B/W" demos from a video taken by a blog there.

First of all, Tabunne is legit! :D

Second, there are two other Pokemon that may have never been seen before. Unfortunately, they're dressed in Pokemon Musical accessories and the pics are rather blurry. (The left-most Pokemon in the first pic there looks like an octopus to me.)

Go check it out, if you like. :)

papabopp
20th August 2010, 07:17 PM
i think that most of the new ones are pretty damn lame

Link
20th August 2010, 10:32 PM
Damn, this generation is getting weirder with each day that something new is revealed. I still like the ideas in the 5th generation, though.