PDA

View Full Version : [T] Blademaster VS. Knight of Time (Vietnam 2-on-2) - Reffed by Oslo

Blademaster
12th July 2010, 12:27 PM
Alright, Kyle. You've been waiting for this. So have I. Now let's get it started.

We're fighting in Nam, and you know what? I LOVE the smell of napalm in the morning!

I choose Kinglava, the Magmortar(M), and Tim Speedle, the Ninetales(M)! Their Abilities are (respectively) Flame Body and Flash Fire.

Now let's go!

Knight of Time
12th July 2010, 01:13 PM
Oh, so you decided against using Rawk Hawk, and decided to use Kinglava against me instead?

...okay, well, in that case, I choose Noe, Green Lanturn's male Lickilicky, and Inverted Duckbot, Greyfox's Porygon-Z. They have Own Tempo and Download respectively.

Okay guys, we need to start strong since we're facing tough opponents, so let's make sure they both get a taste of your attacks, the more often we can hit both of them with one move, the faster they'll go down.

Noe, start with Substitute, then immediately shake this field up by using a strong Earthquake on your opponents, finally, give them both a strong Muddy Water.

Inverted Duckbot, we don't have any moves at your disposal that are supereffective on Fire types, so use Substitute first as well, then stay out of the range of Noe's Earthquake and use Psychic on Kinglava to crush him against the ground, finally give both of your opponents a painful shock with a Discharge aimed at them both.

If either of them use Double Team, Noe, be ready to widen the range of your attacks.

Or, if either of them try to blind either of you, close your eyes before you continue with your moves so that the blinding move doesn't get to lower accuracy for either of you.

DarkestLight
12th July 2010, 08:26 PM
Err what? Who the hell said I was reffing this? Any ref can claim it :O I was actually waiting on Asi vs Elf :o...

Oslo
12th July 2010, 08:37 PM
I can ref this one, then, if neither battler objects.

Blademaster
12th July 2010, 08:43 PM
To put it simply, Kyle, pure Fire Pokemon have the fewest weaknesses since all existing hybrids either add a x4 weakness (Fire/Flying to Rock, Fire/Rock and Fire/Ground to Water, and Fire/Steel to Ground), they add an additional 2 weaknesses that Normal types can easily exploit (Fire/Fighting gains Flying and Psychic weaknesses, which Porygon-Z can EASILY make into a colossal problem.), or they simply offer me no real benefit (Fire/Dark gives me no offensive advantage and adds a Fighting weakness I can't afford.). Add to that how well Magmortar and Ninetales complement one another, and... Well, you'll see soon enough.

Tim, use Imprison to stop their Substitutes. Then hit Duckbot with Toxic. Finally, get close to your partner and Protect against their double attacks.

Kinglava, use Focus Punch on Noe. Then, Protect against that Earthquake and Duckbot's Psychic. Finally, use Dynamicpunch on Duckbot.

EDIT: Sorry, Darkly. I thought you were reffing the whole tournament... I mean, you cover pretty much everything else anyway...

OK, ref needed. Can be Oslo or whoever gets here first.

DarkestLight
12th July 2010, 09:05 PM
No offense taken, Blade :D

Oslo
12th July 2010, 10:08 PM
TEAM BLADEMASTER
versus
TEAM KNIGHT OF TIME

Rules: Reversal moves, non-damaging healing moves are banned and Toxic are banned; no DC
Abilities: Active
DQ Time: 5 Days

‡ Pre-Round ‡

TEAM BLADEMASTER
:rankball::rankball:
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/plmfa/467.png
Kinglava

Flame Body

100 HP: ◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊
100 EP: ◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊
No status

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/plmfa/38.png
Tim Speedle

Flash Fire

No status

Focus Punch (No)
Protect
DynamicPunch (In)

Imprison
Toxic (In)
Protect

TEAM KNIGHT OF TIME
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/plmfa/463.png
Noe

Own Tempo

No status
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/plmfa/474.png
Inverted Duckbot

Download

No status

Substitute
Earthquake
Muddy Water

Substitute
Psychic (Ki)
Discharge

‡ Round 1 ‡

*ahem* :)

Goooooooooooood morning, Vietnam!

(Ugh, I apologize. What a way to start.)

Okay, mulligan. Uh, good day, ladies and gents of this Vietnamese jungle! Today, our little tournament continues with both Blademaster and Knight of Time progressing to the semi-finals. They’ve both fought a couple of tight matches to earn their place here, but, of course, only one can progress. Let’s have a fair fight, mmkay, boys?

The combatants make their selections. With a glaring flash of crimson, four Pokemon take to the muggy, war-torn battlefield. Blade opens strong with a Magmortar and a Ninetails, two tempered battlers, while KoT opts for a Lickilicky and a Porygon-Z. The battlers stare each other down and, as I wave my flag, things get underway! Ahhh, excitement!

Blade’s super-speedy Ninetails is the first to tango. Its tails start flicking about like a guttering flame as its eyes take on a blinding glow. Suddenly, though they can’t explain it, Noe and Duckbot feel somehow… less in control of their game. Is this just in their heads or has Tim gone and done something funny? Their answer is soon given as they both try to make Substitute out of stray rocks on the field, but can’t seem to perform the bit of hocus pocus required to make it work. Hrm. As they contemplate this curious turn of events, Kinglava swoops in and delivers Noe one hell of a Focus Punch right to the kisser. Ouchies.

Kinglava: <-8 EP>
Tim Speedle: <-8 EP>

Noe: <-16 HP; Imprisoned>
Inverted Duckbot: <Imprisoned>

Okay, well, that was just plain weird. Tim takes advantage of the lingering confusion and starts hacking up a… heeey, you wouldn’t happen to be trying for a Toxic, would you? I give my handy-dandy reffing whistle a sharp blow and Tim looks at me with a guilty look on his face. He refrains from using the Toxic. Good little fox.

Duckbot lets out a chipper digital squeak and starts emitting a bevy of funky Psychic waves that undulate toward Kinglava. The Magmortar looks pretty unimpressed, however, and throws up a glistering orange Protection. Noe opts for an Earthquake that leaves Duckbot and Tim scrambling for cover. The Porygon-Z tries to beeline it out of the move’s range while Tim attempts to dive behind his ally’s shield, but neither fighter is successful. They both suffer the brute force of the quaking earth.

Kinglava: <-12 EP>
Tim Speedle: <-12 HP>

Noe: <-7 EP>
Inverted Duckbot: <-8 HP; -9 EP>

Suddenly, Duckbot begins crackling with electricity and discharges a battery-scented onslaught of yellow streaks at his foes. Tim, not wanting his foe to experience the pain he himself suffered just moments prior, dives in front of Kinglava and throws up a white energy shield of his own. Aww, that’s devotion. Of course, the sparks manage to strike Noe, who seems none too pleased. Just then, Noe raises his arms into the air as if to say, “Hey, gods of random flying waterfalls of gross, muddy water! Give me a hand!” The deities are listening, apparently, as a brownish deluge comes soaring out of the jungle and comes crashing down on the Fire-type duo. The cascade strains Tim’s Protection, but it holds strong. Finally, as the barrier fades, Kinglava marches up and sucker-punches Duckbot. The digital duckie stumbles, looking none too thrilled. Confused, methinks? Yeah, definitely Confused.

Kinglava: <-4 EP>
Tim Speedle: <-12 EP>

Noe: <-5 HP; -8 EP>
Inverted Duckbot: <-9 HP; -4 EP; Confused>

‡ Post-Round ‡

TEAM BLADEMASTER
Kinglava

Flame Body

76 EP: ◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊
No status

Tim Speedle

Flash Fire

88 HP: ◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊
80 EP: ◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊
No status

TEAM KNIGHT OF TIME
Noe

Own Tempo

79 HP: ◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊
85 EP: ◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊
No status

Inverted Duckbot

Download

83 HP: ◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊
87 EP: ◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊
Con

Notes:

> Funny how I have to blow up the international intersex symbol to size 4 so that it's as large as the male/female symbols. :rolleyes: Way to be PC, Unicode.
> TEAM BLADEMASTER to command next

Blademaster
13th July 2010, 01:12 PM
Ach... I forgot that Toxic was banned. Knew I should have gone with Will-O-Wisp...

OK, Tim. Use Hypnosis on Noe. Then use Will-O-Wisp on Duckbot. Then fire off a Will-O-Wisp at Noe. If either of them use a status move on you, bounce it back with Magic Coat.

Kinglava, smash Noe with Brick Break. Then hit him with a Low Kick. Finally, fire off a Focus Blast at Duckbot. If either of them use another move that will hurt you both, jump in front of Tim and Protect the both of you.

Knight of Time
13th July 2010, 02:08 PM
Alright guys, let's get some fun in.

Noe, close your eyes tight and use Belly Drum to max out your attack power. Then, this move may be a risky one, but if it works, at least one of your opponents will be in for a world of hurt, so use Fissure near Tim and Kinglava, then use Knock Off and try to make Tim land in the grinding rock!

Inverted Duckbot, do your best to try and shake off your confusion as you use Psych Up to copy Noe's attack boost, then use Psychic twice to get each opponent into the grinding rock, but if Tim is already in (or about to go in), use your first Psychic with a Zap Cannon to throw Kinglava in, hopefully with the addition of paralysis.

Oslo, if you're wondering, Lickitung can learn Fissure in RBY, and since Pokemon from the second/third/fourth generation that evolve from a first generation Pokemon (e.g. Electabuzz and Electivire, Lickitung and Lickilicky) can learn the RBY TMs their pre-evolution(s) can learn, Lickilicky can use Fissure.

Oslo
13th July 2010, 02:54 PM
TEAM BLADEMASTER
versus
TEAM KNIGHT OF TIME

Rules: Reversal moves, non-damaging healing moves are banned and Toxic are banned; no DC

‡ Pre-Round ‡

TEAM BLADEMASTER
Kinglava

Flame Body

76 EP: ◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊
No status

Tim Speedle

Flash Fire

88 HP: ◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊
80 EP: ◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊
No status

Brick Break (No)
Low Kick (No)
Focus Blast (Du)

Hypnosis (No)
Will-O-Wisp (Du)
Will-O-Wisp (No)

TEAM KNIGHT OF TIME
Noe

Own Tempo

79 HP: ◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊
85 EP: ◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊
No status

Inverted Duckbot

Download

83 HP: ◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊
87 EP: ◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊
Con

Belly Drum
Fissure
Knock Off (Ti)

Psych Up
Psychic
Psychic

‡ Round 2 ‡

As the next round begins, Tim suavely approaches Noe and locks eyes with his foe. However, Noe isn’t about to let no stinkin’ fox put him to sleep and closes his eyes. Just then, Kinglava trudges forth and smashes his hand-cannon into Noe’s face, but the Lickilicky seems not to mind too much. Suddenly, Noe starts hammering on his chest like a lunatic and enters some kind of primal fury. Calm your business there, bud. Despite being Confused, Duckbot seems taken by his ally’s new power and forges a mental link with Noe. The bristling strength pumping through Noe’s body gets passed to Duckbot, who now shares his ally’s might.

Kinglava: <-4 EP>
Tim Speedle: <-3 EP>

Noe: <-9 HP; -4 EP; +6 Att>
Inverted Duckbot: <-3 EP; +6 Att>

A sly little grin curves across Noe’s face as it becomes clear that the Lickilicky has a plan. Oblivious to this detail, Tim looses a single fluttering flame that wafts over toward Duckbot, inflicting a Burn. The Confused Duckbot doesn’t seem to know where it is at the moment and is scooting around looking for a rock to smash its face into. Huh. Well, whatever. Kinglava marches forth and boots Noe in the shin, though, once again, the Lickilicky doesn’t seem to be paying this any mind. What’s he playing at?

Suddenly, he extends his tongue from his mouth and, with a shout, brings it slamming down into the earth. At once, the earth begins tossing about as though Armageddon is upon us. The point of impact where Noe’s tongue still remains glows white as a powerful Fissure smashes through the earth, opening a deep chasm filled with grinding, tumbling rocks to open forth. Tim and Kinglava have no problem evading the attack, and peer down into the gaping hole. Hellooooo down there!

While the foes are distracted, Duckbot chirps. Ooh, lookie, opportunity! It commands Psychic powers and gently shoves Kinglava into the hole. The Magmortar tumbles in and lets out one hell of a scream as the rocks press and grind against his body, nearly tearing flesh and snapping bones. Brain still addled, Duckbot figures, hey, why should Magmortar have all the fun? It decides to hop in the chasm too. Um, bad call. The digital duckie lets out a deafening wail of its own.

After a few moments, the rocks stop grinding. All in the Fissure is still.

Kinglava: <-67 HP; -6 EP>
Tim Speedle: <-3 EP>

Noe: <-13 HP; -40 EP>
Inverted Duckbot: <-52 HP; Burned>

Well, that was certainly something. Uh, time to get things back going, then, I guess? Glad that it wasn't him to take the fall, Tim turns on Noe and lets out a second Will-O-Wisp, Burning the big pink hunk of blubber. Down in the pit, Kinglava and Duckbot pull themselves up onto aching legs. (Or whatever the Porygon-Z equivalent of legs are.) Kinglava, meanwhile, peers at his fellow Fissure victim and aims his hand-cannon. Uh-oh. Duckie goes boom.

Noe, gleeful about how things seem to be going, marches over to Tim and shoves the Ninetails into the pit! How merciless! The jagged rocks batter Tim up pretty good, but since the rocks are quiet, the fox doesn’t receive nearly as much damage as his ally did. Duckbot, now in its right mind, shakes things up further by badgering Tim with some Psychic waves to really irk the fox.

Kinglava: <-10 EP>
Tim Speedle: <-28 HP; -3 EP>

Noe: <-3 EP; Burned>
Inverted Duckbot: <-16 HP; -9 EP>

Burn does what it does best on both Noe <-3 HP> and Inverted Duckbot <-3 HP>.

‡ Post-Round ‡

TEAM BLADEMASTER
Kinglava

Flame Body

33 HP: ◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊
56 EP: ◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊
No status

Tim Speedle

Flash Fire

60 HP: ◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊
71 EP: ◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊
No status

TEAM KNIGHT OF TIME
Noe

Own Tempo

54 HP: ◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊
38 EP: ◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊
+6 Att; Brn

Inverted Duckbot

Download

12 HP: ◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊
+6 Att; Brn

Notes:

> Mmkay, so I conferred with another ref about anything and everything to do with Fissure. Our chat covered everything from super-effective damage to Noe's +6 Att to Inverted Duckbot's little swan-dive. If there's anything that confuses you about the reffing, ask, and I will gladly provide an explanation. The most important thing to note, I think, is the fact that Fissure is really only so frighteningly powerful for the action during which it occurs, which is what prevented Tim Speedle from getting devastated.
> Because of Belly Drum, Noe will not be able to use defensive moves such as Protect for the remainder of the match
> TEAM KNIGHT OF TIME to command next

Now, if I never have to ref another OHKO move in my life, I will die a happy Oslo. :)

Knight of Time
13th July 2010, 02:59 PM
Uh, Oslo, I told Noe to use Belly Drum with his eyes closed (closing his eyes before using Belly Drum).

Oh, I'm starting to think more and more that the big pot of points is not going to be mine...

Oslo
13th July 2010, 03:04 PM
Shit, so you did. :)

Well, in that case, disregard the post. I will edit it tonight. Sorry about that.

Knight of Time
13th July 2010, 03:06 PM
Oslo...that's the second time you overlooked something specific I mentioned...but no matter, we'll see who gets the last laugh, Blademaster.

'will post attacks once the reffing is fixed'

And yeah, I do have a habit of doing a small, minor move (e.g. closing the eyes) while doing certain moves at times, just to be either extra defensive or defensive and offensive at the same time.

Oslo
13th July 2010, 03:41 PM
Oslo...that's the second time you overlooked something specific I mentioned...

When was the first time? o_O When you commanded your Pokemon to stay out of the range of Earthquake? That wasn't a feasible command.

Knight of Time
13th July 2010, 03:44 PM
When was the first time? o_O When you commanded your Pokemon to stay out of the range of Earthquake? That wasn't a feasible command.

The first time was my battle with DarkestLight near the end...not here.

Edit: Oslo, now that I think of it, being as a Porygon2's legs become more wing-like when it evolves into Porygon-Z, wouldn't that make it easier for them to hover in the air, as if they had a powered down Levitate? That's an issue that I find a little baffling, especially with the fact that besides the banned episode Electric Soldier Porygon, that Porygon and its evolutions have never been seen in the anime (and probably never will be, unless Nintendo finds a way to make the Porygon line much safer for the eyes, just so that they can never cause a seizure in the anime again if that risk was ever taken).

DarkestLight
13th July 2010, 04:48 PM
Like Magnemite with Magnet Pull whom still gets rocked by E-quake? The EMF they generate naturally isn't enough to evade earth movements since they are using said earthly fields to navigate. So if the earth shifts, it screws up their systems and they get rocked, IMO.

Blademaster
13th July 2010, 10:47 PM
I'll stay neutral to all this. Quite frankly, I'm just grateful as Hell that I avoided a Fissure of all things...

Oslo
13th July 2010, 11:44 PM
The reffing has been revised. If you have any questions, ask.

On the subject of the whole Porygon-Z/Earthquake thing, I agree with DL.

Knight of Time
14th July 2010, 12:34 PM
Alright guys, that strategy partially backfired due to Inverted Duckbot being heavily damaged by the Fissure (not as much as my Kinglava, I might add, even though I'm battling against him), but, we still have a glimmer of hope to win this battle.

Noe, with everybody else down in the hole the Fissure created last round, this is the perfect moment to shake things up again, so keep use Earthquake as many times as you can to try and bring down your opponents (Inverted Duckbot will probably go down too, but I have a plan for him), but if for some reason you cannot use Earthquake, switch to Magnitude instead, and try to make them strong.

Inverted Duckbot, we don't have much left for you since you accidentally stumbled into your partner's Fissure (probably the biggest ASB blunder I made in my life), so use Protect + Pain Split on Tim Speedle, then if you have anything left, use a fast Giga Impact on the Ninetales.

Blademaster
14th July 2010, 02:15 PM
Hmph... Guess I spoke too soon.

Tim, you can learn Pain Split too. So Imprison Duckbot. Then, use Hypnosis on Noe. Then, use Power Swap on Noe if he's Asleep. If he isn't, use Hypnosis again.

Kinglava, Protect yourself and Tim from that first Earthquake. Then blow Duckbot away with Focus Blast once his Protective shield is gone. Finish as follows:

If Noe is Asleep and Duckbot isn't down yet, crush Duckbot with Brick Break.
If Noe is Asleep and Duckbot is KO'ed, use Ember on TIM so Flash Fire kicks in.
If Noe is awake, Protect yourself and your partner, and PRAY we make it through this round...

Knight of Time
14th July 2010, 02:22 PM
It makes me wonder if being stuck on spikes in such a battle would still have a painful impact on the Pokemon in the hole...I guess it's all up to Oslo.

Blademaster
14th July 2010, 02:42 PM
Jagged rocks and spikes are different things, Kyle. I'm sure Ninetales' small paws and Magmortar's rock-melting body heat - not to mention Porygon-Z's levitation - can handle a few rough stones considering all that they've been through so far.

Oslo
14th July 2010, 08:51 PM
At worst, the pit of rocks would be mildly irritating for the Pokemon. They did live in the wild once upon a time, after all, which would probably temper them for all sorts of terrain that would give humans grief. (Porygon-Z being the obvious exception to this, but yeah, EMF FTW.)

Will have this up tomorrow.

Knight of Time
15th July 2010, 01:19 PM
At worst, the pit of rocks would be mildly irritating for the Pokemon. They did live in the wild once upon a time, after all, which would probably temper them for all sorts of terrain that would give humans grief. (Porygon-Z being the obvious exception to this, but yeah, EMF FTW.)

Will have this up tomorrow.

Mildly irritating?

Does that mean that they'd do a little bit of damage per action the Pokemon were battling on the jagged rocks?

I mean, with both of Blademaster's Pokemon in the hole, it makes me wonder just how deep it really is.

Blademaster
15th July 2010, 06:02 PM
Magmortar's Ability is Flame Body. A few sharp rocks would be about as annoying to it as a field of crushed ice in July.

Oslo
15th July 2010, 09:27 PM
Mildly irritating?

Does that mean that they'd do a little bit of damage per action the Pokemon were battling on the jagged rocks?

I mean, with both of Blademaster's Pokemon in the hole, it makes me wonder just how deep it really is.

No. The best analogy I can give is if you or I were standing barefoot on a bed of moist pine needles. Yeah, you'd probably wish you were standing somewhere else, but your overall fortitude isn't compromised. And this analogy really only applies to Tim, anyway, because Duckbot and Kinglava are better equipped for surroundings such as these for reasons already discussed.

The Fissure is maybe fifteen feet deep.

Now, onward. :)

TEAM BLADEMASTER
versus
TEAM KNIGHT OF TIME

‡ Pre-Round ‡

TEAM BLADEMASTER
Kinglava

Flame Body

56 EP: ◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊
No status

Tim Speedle

Flash Fire

60 HP: ◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊
No status

Protect
Focus Blast (Du)
Ember (Ti)

Imprison
Hypnosis (No)
Power Swap (No)

TEAM KNIGHT OF TIME
Noe

Own Tempo

54 HP: ◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊
38 EP: ◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊
+6 Att; Brn

Inverted Duckbot

Download

+6 Att; Brn

Earthquake
Earthquake
Earthquake

Protect
+ Pain Split (Ti)
Giga Impact (Ti)

‡ Round 3 ‡

As the next round begins, Tim begins by showing us a familiar trick. His tails move around spastically as his eyes shine with a mysterious glow and, suddenly, the same sense of limitation falls over Noe and Duckbot, though the former to a lesser degree since he cannot actually use the move in quesiton. Duckbot throws up a Protection, but can’t seem to accomplish anything else. Just then, Noe slams his tongue into the ground once more, but Kinglava is on the ready and erects a red-orange shield of his own. As such, Tim is the only one who suffers the force of the quaking earth. He crouches low to avoid being tossed, but the strain on his body is potent nonetheless.

Kinglava: <-12 EP>
Tim Speedle: <-24 HP; -8 EP>

Noe: <-7 EP; Imprisoned>
Inverted Duckbot: <-12 EP; Imprisoned>

Poor Tim. Irked that he had to take a hit, he peers up to the rim of the hole where Noe is crouched over peeking in. The two Pokemon lock eyes and, though Noe tries to retract his gaze, it’s too late. The deed is done. The Lickilicky begins to feel awfully drowsy and soon slumps over, snoring vociferously. Out like a light. Upon realizing the state of its ally, Duckbot lets out a panicked chirp and realizes it’s time to kick some butt. A blinding light consumes its digital frame and, with a scream, it throws its weight into Tim. Frig! Ow!

Oh, no you didn’t. Smirking, Kinglava points his hand-cannon at Duckbot and exacts vengeance. The powerful burst of energy collides and, in the fallout, the Porygon-Z sways a bit dramatically before collapsing on a bed of rock. Ladies and gents, we have our first casualty of war.

Kinglava: <-10 EP>
Tim Speedle: <-24 HP; -3 EP>

Noe: <Asleep>
Inverted Duckbot: <-12 HP; -12 EP>

With one fighter defeated and the other far away in dreamland, things are looking tight for Team Knight of Time. As Noe rolls over in his sleep, Kinglava and Noe hatch a little plan. The Ninetails closes his eyes and commits a bit of thievery on the sleeping blob, stealing the health increase for himself. Kinglava, meanwhile, spits a few small wisps of flame at his ally, which do no damage. Instead, they unlock a heated power deep within Tim. This fox is ready to pounce.

Kinglava: <-3 EP>
Tim Speedle: <-3 EP; +6 Att>

Noe: <Zzz; -6 Att>

The Burn continues to lick away at Noe <-3 HP>.

‡ Post-Round ‡

TEAM BLADEMASTER
Kinglava

Flame Body

31 EP: ◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊
No status

Tim Speedle

Flash Fire

57 EP: ◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊
+6 Att

TEAM KNIGHT OF TIME
Noe

Own Tempo

51 HP: ◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊
Brn; Slp

Inverted Duckbot

Download

0 HP: ◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊
47 EP: ◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊
+6 Att; Brn

Notes:

> TEAM BLADEMASTER to command next

Blademaster
16th July 2010, 12:35 PM
Time to finish this.

Tim, use Pain Split on Noe. Then use Flare Blitz.

Kinglava, make a small Substitute. Then, when Tim is ready to strike, charge up there with him and slam Noe with Focus Punch.

If he's still standing, both of you team up and bring him down with a double Fire Blast!

If Noe wakes up and starts spamming Earthquake or Magnitude or Fissure or whatever shake-everything-apart attack again, switch to Protect. He'll exhaust himself before you guys do.

Knight of Time
16th July 2010, 01:34 PM
Oh, I am so out of this tournament now. No matter, Blademaster, you may win this one...but it'll be payback time when I come around for the All-Corners Challenge.

Noe, it looks like we may be done in by one of my own Pokemon, but we have to do our best to stay in this, they look like they will win, though.

Use Sleep Talk x3, if you manage to wake up, use Muddy Water as much as you can, on both opponents.

Blademaster
16th July 2010, 08:50 PM
Don't bet on it, Kyle. If you manage to win against Rawk, I'll have a new challenge ready for you.

Oslo
16th July 2010, 08:56 PM
Lololol @ "All-Corners Challenge".

No corner will go unchallenged! >O

Will have this up tonight or tomorrow. :)

Blademaster
16th July 2010, 09:43 PM
Thanks Oslo. You're now my favorite Scandinavian capital.

GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE, COPENHAGEN!

Oslo
16th July 2010, 11:26 PM
TEAM BLADEMASTER
versus
TEAM KNIGHT OF TIME

‡ Pre-Round ‡

TEAM BLADEMASTER
Kinglava

Flame Body

No status

Tim Speedle

Flash Fire

57 EP: ◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊
+6 Att

Substitute
Focus Blast
Fire Blast

Pain Split
Flare Blitz
Fire Blast

TEAM KNIGHT OF TIME
×:rankball:
Noe

Own Tempo

51 HP: ◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊
Brn; Slp

Sleep Talk
Sleep Talk
Muddy Water

‡ Round 4 ‡

As the new round begins, Noe seems to be leading the fiery duo on health, but only time will tell if anything will come from this lead. Though Noe lies outside of Tim’s sightlines, the Ninetails can still sense the sleeping Lickilicky and forges a mental link. A transaction of hit points occurs as Tim makes a sizeable withdrawal from the Bank of Noe. Robbed dry, Noe murmurs something in his sleep before hopping up in a peculiar trance. He then hops down into the Fissure, bouncing from rock to rock toward the twosome, and approaches Tim. Once there, he gives the Ninetails a swift kick in the face. Ow! Noe then flops down and resumes his slumbers. Finally, Kinglava finishes things by finding a rather fun-looking rock (zomg, it’s shaped like Wyoming! :O) and decides that this will make a fitting Substitute.

Kinglava: <-10 HP; -4 EP; Sub: 10 HP>
Tim Speedle: <-5 HP; -8 EP; +19 HP>

Noe: <-20 HP; -4 EP; Zzz>

With the Substitute there to take damage for him, Kinglava closes his eyes and tries to hone his focus. Meanwhile, Tim throws caution to the wind and lunges at Noe with an all-out physical assault, combining fiery heat with various scratches and gnashes as he comes very close to bringing an end to Noe right then and there. Meanwhile, Noe starts babbling in his sleep again and begins glowing wide. All of a sudden, the Burn marks fade away to nothing. Yay! Mhm, okay, so are we all done here?

Not quite! Focus achieved, Kinglava opens his eyes wide as he takes two long strides toward Noe and bashes the Lickilicky with one powerful burst of strength. Then and there, Noe succumbs. Down and out.

Kinglava: <-12 EP; Sub: 10 HP>
Tim Speedle: <-10 EP>

Noe: <-31 HP; -3 EP; Cured of Burn; Zzz>

‡ Post-Round ‡

TEAM BLADEMASTER
Kinglava

Flame Body

23 HP: ◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊
15 EP: ◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊
No status

Tim Speedle

Flash Fire

26 HP: ◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊
39 EP: ◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊
+6 Att

TEAM KNIGHT OF TIME
××
Noe

Own Tempo

0 HP: ◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊
24 EP: ◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊
Slp

Aaaand that's all she wrote. :) After three consecutive victories, Blade progresses to the finals of the monotype tournament. An excellent job to you both and I really mean that. KoT, you've reached the end of the road, but you should be endlessly proud for what you've accomplished. (Ugh, am I starting to sound like you're an American Idol contestant getting the boot or is it just me?) Nice work.

I thank you guys for being so patient with my reffing. Blade and I get two points while KoT gets one. Again, good work.

Good luck in your last match, Blade!

*poof*

DarkestLight
17th July 2010, 09:52 AM
Well I'll be :D Blade's in the finals. Hot damn. Now you get a massive wait as we try to get the left side going XD.

Blademaster
17th July 2010, 03:10 PM
It was loooooong trip...

That was a tough fucking fight, Kyle. Good work.

Knight of Time
17th July 2010, 03:55 PM
Man, I thought I had you when I used the Fissure/Psychic combination...if Inverted Duckbot hadn't slipped in, this could have ended very differently.

Nonetheless, I guess you derailed me, Blademaster. But watch out when it's my turn in the All-Corners Challenge...I'm going to go so hard on you and Rawk Hawk, making sure he is pushed to his absolute limits.

Blademaster
18th July 2010, 04:44 PM
In other words, you're gonna do what everyone else has done in the history of ASB and send out your most type-effective Pokemon to fight him? My money is on either Milotic, Sableye, Gengar, Blastoise, or Feraligatr.

DarkestLight
18th July 2010, 05:44 PM
In other words, you're gonna do what everyone else has done in the history of ASB and send out your most type-effective Pokemon to fight him? My money is on either Milotic, Sableye, Gengar, Blastoise, or Feraligatr.

>> Cept Ayeun :o? I'm jus' saying-execptions are abound..

MeLoVeGhOsTs
19th July 2010, 01:40 AM
Well actually I send out Medicham because I wanted two fighters facing eachother. Yes, she's psychic, but it was the only Fighting pokemon I had.

Knight of Time
23rd July 2010, 06:44 PM
I'm going to do what nobody else has done yet in the All-Corners Challenge...just as long as Charles Legend (or nobody else who has battled there yet) doesn't plan on copying my idea, as the final challenger, I hold the right to give Rawk Hawk a run for his money unlike no other. :D

I'm trying to make sure nobody does what I do.

Blademaster
24th July 2010, 02:33 AM
Well... Now I'm curious.