PDA

View Full Version : TPM Fantasy Football 2010... Four teams, at least?

Drago
14th July 2010, 02:00 AM
EDIT: FOR REGISTRATION, HEAD HERE - http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/register/tos?league_id=167569&password=ragingbull

Sup witches in britches? As the NFL season be fast approachin' once again, I thought I might as well open the floor to the reintroduction of TPM's fantasy football, apparently soon to enter its fifth season.

Soo I haven't opened up the new league yet, but I thought I'd hear opinions. Stay with Yahoo? Change up the format? Is Brian alive this year to reclaim his role as the commish? And... Who in the hell is left to actually play? Discus. (It's a game where you throw a disc.)

kainashi
16th July 2010, 11:31 AM
i'm in if we can get enough people. i've only ever played on yahoo so i don't know how the other ones work really. :(

Drago
17th July 2010, 03:23 PM
Aww kainashi. Always loyal to the cause. I guess my major concern at this point is a lack of numbers; Brian and Bear have been largely MIA, and that's like half the league there. Do we open it to outsiders, or does that defeat the purpose of it being a TPM league?

kainashi
18th July 2010, 06:55 PM
if we have to, i don't mind bringing in outsiders.

Deadwood_Zen
18th July 2010, 07:59 PM
I'll do it, though I can't promise I'll be any good, and I can't legally bet any money.

Drago
18th July 2010, 08:36 PM
Alright, continuing on as Yahoo league until further notice, that way if we get something else going, whoever's registered can just slot over there, but if nothing else formulates, we've at least got this happening. Wouldn't want to see a lockout or somesuch.

URL is here - http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/register/tos?league_id=167569&password=ragingbull. All you need is a Yahoo ID, and they're free, so it's OK.

Any request for changes in rules, formats or draft date/time will be quite welcome, because we're always up for a shake-up. I for one wouldn't mind seeing individual defensive players selected as opposed to entire defence/special teams, but that might just be me. Once you've registered, same as always, just post in this thread with your team name, and we'll have a magical listing and the fun will start anew. Again.

Ultimate Charizard
19th July 2010, 12:20 PM
YEAH GIT SOME, GIT SOME! FOOSBALL!

Might want to check that link though. It wont let me signup. Says i cant see the page cos im not in this league or something.

Deadwood_Zen
19th July 2010, 10:23 PM
http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/register/joinprivateleague_league_select?.scrumb=

Ty this. We just need the League ID *looks at DK*

Clark
23rd July 2010, 08:26 PM
for clarification, my team is "capo"

i won't mind outside people, as long as they get all the injured players

Drago
24th July 2010, 12:12 AM
Ah, damnation. Alright, sorry guys - The URL is HERE - http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/register/tos?league_id=167569&password=ragingbull

That fixes that little issue. Sorry. Anyhow, I've messaged all of the former league players, so all going well we should be able to field enough teams to go on. It probably won't hit the robust 10 of year 2, but we'll see.

If you know anyone who might be interested, let them know! After all, if we can't have an all-TPM league, we ought to at least be able to keep it to people we know.

kainashi
24th July 2010, 01:27 PM
just less teams for me to dominate. :cool2:

Deadwood_Zen
25th July 2010, 10:56 PM
I could ask some of my friends on Rondak's Portal. We're planning on doing a league to, but there's little interest so far... T^T

Deadwood_Zen
26th July 2010, 01:08 PM
Okay, my friends on RP are running a league on NFL.com, and we needs 8 more players. Don't know if moving the whole league is a good idea, but it's up to you guys. If you have enough free time, we could do like a box for box, but two leagues might be too much to handle. Don't know, though.

Mr.E
27th July 2010, 03:01 AM
As I said last year, I don't want to keep this going if we can't at least get back to eight people. A six-man league is just terrible nonsense.

Bear
2nd August 2010, 01:33 PM
I joined today :D :D :D :D

Bear
19th August 2010, 08:30 PM
Can we move the draft time to earlier in the evening? I'm usually in bed by 11 EDT. I can do any time between 6 and 10.

Drago
19th August 2010, 08:44 PM
Yeah, sorry about the lack of info, guys. I just set the draft slot as a placeholder, and I will move it to a more appropriate timeslot once I have access to a computer.

Personally, I'd like to push it back to September, so we have the longest possible time for late registration - Brian returned to TPM about two days after last year's draft.

Mr.E
21st August 2010, 10:08 PM
We already have our eight this time, so we'd someone else to go with any single new arrival.

Any time is fine with me but I'd prefer if it was 8pm-ish or later (or before 6pm heh), just to ensure I don't get dragged out to eat for dinner and miss part of the draft.

Bear
27th August 2010, 03:56 PM
CHAAAAANGE THEEEEEEEE TIIIIIIIIIMMMEEEEE!!!!!

prease?

Drago
29th August 2010, 05:24 AM
Alright, time has been changed. By my calculations (since I'm on the other side of the planet), it should be somewhere in the afternoon for you guys. 3:30 on the west coast, 6:30 on the east coast.

I don't know which coast you guys are on. Bear is in Virginia, which is east coast. That's about all I got. Anyway, even if it's just another placeholder, it's a more appropriate placeholder. Check the times for yourselves, and if anyone wants later/earlier, let me know - keep in mind that Yahoo is a bit temperamental, and if we want it to be later, it jumps ahead to about three hours later.

ALSO, I've pushed the date back to the 7th of September (6th for you guys), in case someone gets injured in the last game of the preseason and screws over whoever drafts them. Anyway, check if it's ok. If there's no complaints, we'll say it's as good as confirmed.

Bear
29th August 2010, 09:55 PM
yeah 6:30 pm is perfect for me. I'm actually in New Jersey now but it's still east coast. Thanks so much for changing it!

Deadwood_Zen
29th August 2010, 10:04 PM
I'm in school at 3:30 DX

Mr.E
30th August 2010, 08:05 AM
Would prefer it was later, kinda like what I said before, but I suppose I can accomodate. Don't usually go out to eat on Monday anyway.

Bah, was looking forward to the draft today.

Ultimate Charizard
30th August 2010, 11:31 AM
Somethings gone wrong, i tried signing in, it made me re-register and i now have a second team.

Bear
30th August 2010, 05:33 PM
What happens when you play with yourself?

Drago
30th August 2010, 11:12 PM
Alright, so I set a time that was already established as not very good for everyone, which is needless to say, mildly silly.

Unfortunately, yahoo won't let me push the draft later on that day, so I have one final allotment, and we'll see if it works.

The time and date has been changed again! It should now be 5pm west coast, 9 east coast, on sunday. I don't particularly like it, but by my calculations, it still suits everyone.

Also UC, you should be able to delete a team, but if not, which one do you want to use?

Bear
31st August 2010, 12:55 PM
So you're having a Sunday draft on Labor Day weekend?

Needless to say I can't make the Sunday one. Guess I'll be autodrafting O.O

Ultimate Charizard
31st August 2010, 03:41 PM
Alright, so I set a time that was already established as not very good for everyone, which is needless to say, mildly silly.

Unfortunately, yahoo won't let me push the draft later on that day, so I have one final allotment, and we'll see if it works.

The time and date has been changed again! It should now be 5pm west coast, 9 east coast, on sunday. I don't particularly like it, but by my calculations, it still suits everyone.

Also UC, you should be able to delete a team, but if not, which one do you want to use?

Id prefer to keep the old one since it has history records.

kainashi
31st August 2010, 04:16 PM
never going to draft at this rate. :rolleyes:

Drago
31st August 2010, 09:08 PM
Alright, here's the skinny. What I'll need is solid dates and times of availabilities. Not rough estimates - exact ones. From there, I'll be able to work out the least damage. As aforementioned, Yahoo won't let me draft later on the Monday than I had previously, so that period is out. It's a little tricky here, so basically what I'll need is exactitude. Even if I have to bring the draft even earlier.

Bear
31st August 2010, 09:42 PM
My availability (Starting tomorrow):

Wednesday, September 1st - 5:15pm-11pm EST
Thursday, September 2nd - 5:15pm-11pm EST
Friday, September 3rd - 5:15pm-11pm EST
Saturday-Sunday-Monday Sept 4-6 - UNAVAILABLE
Tuesday, September 7th - 5:15pm-11pm EST
Wednesday, September 8th - 5:15pm-11pm EST

THE SHORTENED VERSION:

Sept 1, 2, 3, 7, 8 - AVAILABLE 5:15pm-11pm EST
Sept 4, 5, 6 - UNAVAILABLE

Have at it.

Drago
2nd September 2010, 04:42 PM
Any takers for drafting tomorrow, roughly in that 8pm/10pm timeslot? If I have enough fans for it, I'll put it there and be done with it.

Also UC, which one is the original? Cas or Castleford?

Bear
2nd September 2010, 06:47 PM
8pm EST tomorrow should work for me. Earlier would be better but I'll take 8 or 10. Gotta give up valuable gf time to do it too

Deadwood_Zen
2nd September 2010, 06:59 PM
I'm cool for 8/10 tomorrow.

Drago
3rd September 2010, 06:17 AM
Time and date is set and final. Sorry to everyone who it doesn't work out for, I hope you can find a way around it. Enjoy the draft.

Bear
3rd September 2010, 07:15 AM
Lol I'll start sucking up to my fiance now then.

Drago
3rd September 2010, 09:13 AM
Haha, sorry dude.

kainashi
3rd September 2010, 12:08 PM
football season is coming. tell her to get used to it!

Bear
3rd September 2010, 12:20 PM
Already did. It's ok I'll cook her dinner or something it'll all be gravy. Looks like everyone will have teams of superstars again this year!

Ultimate Charizard
3rd September 2010, 12:21 PM
Any takers for drafting tomorrow, roughly in that 8pm/10pm timeslot? If I have enough fans for it, I'll put it there and be done with it.

Also UC, which one is the original? Cas or Castleford?

Original is Cas.

And 8ES ....that would be 1am....ok, good job im not up Sunday Morning lol

Drago
3rd September 2010, 06:33 PM
Oh wow UC, I'm sorry bro. That's lame on my part. Personally, I'll be at work, so I myself won't be attending. :lol:
Maybe I can draft Kurt Warner late in the draft again? He's still likely to throw more TDs than Leinart... :heh:

Mr.E
3rd September 2010, 07:24 PM
Sheesh, I check up and suddenly we're drafting in two hours... Except we're not because we have nine teams ?????????? hey someone better fix this shit

I'm gonna assume someone went to work after posting and we're not going to draft at all because of this unresolved issue. Excellent work.

kainashi
3rd September 2010, 08:17 PM
WELP. looks like we're not drafting.

Bear
3rd September 2010, 08:28 PM
Where did that team come from?
I'm gonna make a BYE team just in case.

EDIT - Just made a bye team. Hopefully I set up his autodraft correctly to get the worst players.

Mr.E
3rd September 2010, 09:08 PM
Excellent work doing something even dumber to cover up Drago's retardedness.

I'd resign right now but we'd only have nine teams... :rolleyes:

Bear
3rd September 2010, 09:43 PM
As I STILL wait for the window to load...

Bear
3rd September 2010, 10:14 PM
Blah, sorry. I tried the whole time to get the window to load but it never would, just sat on the "Now Loading" screen endlessly. Anyone know what's causing this? It's loaded for me before...

kainashi
3rd September 2010, 10:16 PM
clear your cache and try.

Drago
4th September 2010, 05:47 AM
Well that sounded like fun. My favourite part was Mr.E's rage. Sorry about the mess back there. So what happened while I was gone? Did the draft go through in the end?

Bear
4th September 2010, 07:01 AM
Yes the draft did go through, and I'm kind of still wondering why he got so pissed off. How did me creating a BYE team to save the league "ruin" the draft?

Drago
4th September 2010, 07:37 AM
Worked in year one. Anyhow, I'm sorry again for screwing everyone around. The mysterious ninth team is a friend of mine. Him and another friend were going to create teams, but the other dude never did, so we were left with nine. I do understand Mr.E's discontent though. It was a poorly organised draft right from the get-go. I'm sorry everyone. I tried to flesh the league out a little bit, and it nearly cost us the draft. Thanks and major props to Bear on the BYE team save. Screw Yahoo for not drafting on odd numbers.

It's a moot point, though. History dictates it'll just be Mr.E vs. kainashi in the finals anyway. Kainashi's fantasy football badassery is a mystical sight to behold.

Bear
4th September 2010, 08:17 AM
I will, once again, be the bane of MrE's existence :)

Mr.E
4th September 2010, 09:11 AM
At least you set the BYE to autodraft "properly"...

kainashi
4th September 2010, 11:16 AM
It's a moot point, though. History dictates it'll just be Mr.E vs. kainashi in the finals anyway. Kainashi's fantasy football badassery is a mystical sight to behold.i dunno. my running backs are weak this year compared to last. :(

got my boy rivers though. :cool2:

Bear
9th September 2010, 10:14 AM
ARE
YOU
READY
FOR
SOME
FOOTBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALL!

kainashi
12th September 2010, 03:03 PM
arian foster = 41.80 points http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k163/kainashi2/1iZMw.gif

Bear
13th September 2010, 08:48 AM
I wouldn't expect him to repeat that any time soon. People are gonna way overvalue him for the next few weeks while he slips back into normalcy.

Also fuck Schaub for only throwing for 107 yds :(

kainashi
13th September 2010, 04:36 PM
i know that. lol colts run defense. looks like i'll still lose even with foster scoring 41.80. :(

Mr.E
14th September 2010, 12:26 AM
Not with a combined 32+ from Rivers/NYJ compared to his... 6.4 from Matthews and Greene. ;/

<--- Still high-scoring team of the week, wasted on BYE. :mad: your Rebel Alliance is no match for my Empire!

Drago
14th September 2010, 01:00 AM
High-scoring could still determine playoff seeding, if last year was any indication.

kainashi
14th September 2010, 03:30 AM
<--- Still high-scoring team of the week, wasted on BYE. :mad: your Rebel Alliance is no match for my Empire!just barely. :cool2:

Bear
14th September 2010, 07:50 AM
Perhaps if I hadn't benched Best and Ward...stupid Browns should have run Harrison more.

Bear
16th September 2010, 12:32 PM
mystery I proposed a trade to you, mind taking a look?

Mr.E
29th September 2010, 05:31 PM
BATTLE OF UNDEFEATEDS

Drago
29th September 2010, 11:18 PM
That week 2 loss was BS. Damned Packer fail.

kainashi
30th September 2010, 10:32 AM
who shits the bed this week on my team? :mad:

kainashi
5th October 2010, 01:14 PM
mr. e and i are cursed. nothing but bums on our squads. :mad2:

Ultimate Charizard
5th October 2010, 05:16 PM
The Brit beating the Yanks at their own game?

NOW WHAT??!!!

Mr.E
5th October 2010, 05:40 PM
Trufax, what the fuck are Colston and Rice doing? :mad:

kainashi
6th October 2010, 06:44 PM
need favre to start slinging bombs to moss now. :hellyeah:

Ultimate Charizard
6th October 2010, 09:08 PM
But its Favre. Hes just gonna throw it all over.

Im pretty sure theyve brought in Moss cos hes the perfect type of receiver for Favre when he's on a 'Go long and ill throw it as hard as i can' session.

Mr.E
11th October 2010, 11:26 PM
http://actualplay.roleplayingpublicradio.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/fffuuu.jpg

kainashi
11th October 2010, 11:51 PM
OUCH.

Drago
12th October 2010, 12:50 AM
Down by 13 with only Percy Harvin left to play, he grabs me 28.7 points. Gotta be honest, that's bullshit. But it's my bullshit, which makes it ok.

Hail to the king, baby. :cool2:

Bear
12th October 2010, 06:40 AM
Um, why the fuck did they take points away from NO defense? They only allowed 9 points not 16, that's bullshit. Can the commish fix this? I just got jewed hard

kainashi
12th October 2010, 11:59 AM
yahoo will fix it if a mistake was made.

Bear
12th October 2010, 03:43 PM
http://actualplay.roleplayingpublicradio.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/fffuuu.jpg

it sucks being the second highest scorer in the league and being 2-3 because every team seems to blow up on you -_-

Mr.E
12th October 2010, 05:46 PM
Yes, that image macro pretty much applies to whichever one of us gets saddled with the loss. :( But it doesn't matter if the points are defensive for fantasy purposes, not last I knew anyway. NO gave up 30 points. that's that.

Drago, I was up by 30-something with Holmes/Jets against Favre/Harvin in another league. I was actually losing after those late 4th quarter scores... until Favre threw the pick-6 on the next drive and put me back up.

Bear
12th October 2010, 07:06 PM
I figured out what it was. The one fumble recovery TD by Levi Brown counted against the NO defense because it was Arizona's offense who fumbled in the first place, then picked up their own funble and ran it in. Still, it's always annoying to come so close and come up short. Why couldn't they give AP a couple more redzone carries?

Of course, you didn't know they had done this, so when AP caught that 20 yard dump you were probably shitting yourself

kainashi
12th October 2010, 08:12 PM
I was actually losing after those late 4th quarter scores... until Favre threw the pick-6 on the next drive and put me back up.thank you brett favre for padding my score. :patriot:

Bear
14th October 2010, 10:20 AM
Yall need to pay more attention to your teams. I offered a trade like a week ago and still haven't heard anything. Who is Anonymously Named?

kainashi
14th October 2010, 12:07 PM
one of drago's friends i think.

Bear
14th October 2010, 01:27 PM
Drago tell your friend to accept my trade before I GET ALL UP IN HIS GRILL AND FUCK UP HIS SHIT (please?)

Mr.E
16th October 2010, 02:28 AM
Drago tell your friend to not accept his trade because it SUX

edit: SUX like COLSTON

Drago
16th October 2010, 05:07 PM
Anonymously Named is Zen. Zen, who you might recall, is MIA. Might want to find a different trade partner, bro.

Bear
17th October 2010, 06:20 PM
EDIT: </whine>

kainashi
17th October 2010, 06:42 PM
hey fuck you too buddy!

Mr.E
17th October 2010, 07:02 PM
Fuck fantasy football? Because that just happens sometimes, broski.

Bear
17th October 2010, 09:59 PM
EDIT: </whine>

kainashi
17th October 2010, 10:56 PM
look at my game last week. you'll see you don't have things so bad. ;)

Bear
18th October 2010, 08:14 AM
look at my game last week. you'll see you don't have things so bad. ;)

I think you mean two weeks ago, and yeah I remember commenting on that. You have to admit that part of that was your fault though, not paying attention to your own byes and the In/Out updates. Sims-Walker is your version of Kevin Walter though :D. Oh well, with a team as solid as mine I am bound to bounce back!

Bear
27th October 2010, 06:38 PM
Someone please tell me why Drew Brees for Calvin Johnson is a bad trade?

kainashi
28th October 2010, 12:28 PM
don't know. megatron could explode against the redskins with stafford back healthy now. :D

Bear
29th October 2010, 10:48 AM
Yes but when the person has Brett Favre and Kevin Kolb as his QBs, I'd say giving up Megatron to acquire Drew Brees would be a Godsend. But that's just me.

kainashi
31st October 2010, 11:19 PM
my team is back to normal. :hellyeah:

Bear
2nd November 2010, 08:00 AM
don't know. megatron could explode against the redskins with stafford back healthy now. :D

^

kainashi
2nd November 2010, 08:59 AM
yeah i called it. :cool2:

Bear
2nd November 2010, 12:30 PM
Which is annoying because now he won't want to trade me right after Megatron sploded. But Brees is the top scoring QB too so it's still a good trade imo!

Ultimate Charizard
2nd November 2010, 06:59 PM
So who wants to bet i DOMINATE the regular season then get blasted first week of the playoffs lol.

kainashi
2nd November 2010, 07:49 PM
Which is annoying because now he won't want to trade me right after Megatron sploded. But Brees is the top scoring QB too so it's still a good trade imo!i'll trade you moss for brees straight up. get back to me. :cool2:

Bear
2nd November 2010, 09:53 PM
kain you never cease to entertain me. That was about as funny as MrE offering me Colston for Brees (the irony being that I traded Colston to him in the first place XD)

kainashi
3rd November 2010, 01:44 AM
you'll regret turning it down when moss explodes the second half of the season to earn a sweet pay day.

Bear
3rd November 2010, 03:08 PM
Until a team even signs him, he's not too valuable to me. Maybe we'll rethink if he gets signed by, say, the Chargers or Clots (which he won't)

kainashi
7th November 2010, 08:48 PM
can't wait to lose another. :hellyeah:

Mr.E
7th November 2010, 11:29 PM
*yawn* My team decided to take the week off since we were playing the non-Bye Bye.

kainashi
8th November 2010, 12:04 AM
at least you won. will be surprised if i even make the playoffs now.

Bear
8th November 2010, 12:02 PM
I get biggest non-bye blowout :D and I even still have one player left! Imagine if I had played Hillis over McCoy XD

kainashi
8th November 2010, 12:29 PM
i quit. WHO WANTS MY GUYS?

Mr.E
8th November 2010, 02:24 PM
One game out? Man up, son.

kainashi
8th November 2010, 04:32 PM
i'll be a few games below .500 by season's end the way this season is going.

Bear
8th November 2010, 06:54 PM
I'll trade you Seattle defense for AJ80 :D :D :D :D

kainashi
8th November 2010, 09:57 PM
you wish!

Drago
14th November 2010, 07:22 PM
What a load of horse shit. Random fucking rewards. Trust the Texans and Jags to screw me over, on a day where my Titans have probably fucked themselves out of the playoffs, and the BC Lions get eliminated by fucking Saskatchewan. FUCKING SASKATCHEWAN. The only team I hate in the CFL.

What in the motherfuck is up with sports today?

(Six fucks in one post. New for me)

DarkestLight
14th November 2010, 08:40 PM
I don't play fantasy football cause I can't understand the shit---but from reading this thread, this shit sounds hilarious and nervewracking at the same time.

Bear
15th November 2010, 07:43 AM
lol Cas and I both had terrible weeks. Our matchup is like the special olympics of FF

kainashi
15th November 2010, 11:54 AM
looks like i should be able to win this week then get dominated next week. :hellyeah:

Bear
23rd November 2010, 06:34 AM

I mean really, 4 TDs!?! 2nd highest PF, 6th place out of 9. fml.

kainashi
23rd November 2010, 01:09 PM
my boy philip rivers. :cool2:

Bear
23rd November 2010, 07:55 PM
kainashi has always been the bane of my existence =/

Drago
23rd November 2010, 09:21 PM
Finally, I've been able to clear out the rash of injuries that have decimated both of my fantasy teams this season. Unfortunately, it's at the cost of Hakeem Nicks, who has been beyond pimpmaster at receiver, but for the first time in my fantasy history, I'm loaded at WR, to the point where in Nicks' place, I just activated Larry Fitzgerald from the bench. Wow.

Hopefully my running backs can hold up, so I can minimise the damage from that bonehead trade for Matt Forte. Seriously, the only reason I survive in fantasy is because of the great big flashing pictures on NFL.com that suggests for me to grab a particular guy. Worked for Tolbert and Green-Ellis this year, and worked for Kurt Warner a few years back...

Also, annoying fact: Most points allowed has been by the BYE team. Which just shows how many points are being wasted on an automatic win when we can't seem to get the points we need in crucial weeks... Bleh.

Drago
30th November 2010, 12:10 AM
Karma's a bitch, Myst. (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81c85bff/article/source-gore-done-for-season-with-hip-injury?module=breaking_news)

Bear
30th November 2010, 10:24 AM
My goal is to have the highest PF in the league and still miss the playoffs :D

Bear
2nd December 2010, 04:39 PM
Ugh, and that might come true considering I face the #3 and #1 people in the final two weeks...what else could go wrong this season?

Drago
3rd December 2010, 03:30 AM
Oh those Houston Texans. Week after week, they find a way to screw me over. This week, to the tune of allowing 53.88 across two players.

Ah, this could be the end for me. At least I'm falling in spectacular fashion... My hopes hinge on how futile the Detroit Lions play vs. the Bears, methinks. Forte + Chitown defence can really even the score, but if the Lions show up, it's game, Hendrix, with no easier game ahead in the final week...

Tension!

Bear
5th December 2010, 10:54 PM
Ugh I really needed that game. Unfortunately I play MrE next week and Drago plays Titan, so I could still very easily miss the playoffs with the highest PF. Oh well, I suppose I can be proud of that right?

kainashi
5th December 2010, 11:53 PM
sidney rice :patriot:

Mr.E
7th December 2010, 01:17 AM
hey guys what's up :peek:

Maybe someone will stop me winning my third straight championship. Maybe.

kainashi
7th December 2010, 03:37 AM
i'll end your season in the first round if i stay in 4th place. :cool2:

edit: nevermind, looks like it'll have to wait maybe. :(

Bear
7th December 2010, 09:47 AM
Mystery is hoping I don't make the playoffs with my unrealistic QB and RB depths and my ELITE KICKER. I was the bane of his existence last year, and I intend to be again this year....

if I can just beat him this week and make the playoffs...

Drago
7th December 2010, 04:07 PM
Really looks like our league mirrors the NFL for something this year: parity! Firebirds, Steelers, Cougars and Titans: all quality teams, but only two will make it through!

I have to say, kainashi kinda snuck up on me; I thought it would be me and Bear, but lo and behold, Detroit holds the 3-seed...

Bear
7th December 2010, 04:51 PM
Really looks like our league mirrors the NFL for something this year: parity! Firebirds, Steelers, Cougars and Titans: all quality teams, but only two will make it through!

I have to say, kainashi kinda snuck up on me; I thought it would be me and Bear, but lo and behold, Detroit holds the 3-seed...

You can thank AFK VAGINA for that =P

kainashi
7th December 2010, 09:48 PM
You can thank AFK VAGINA for that =Pand my boy sidney rice picking up where he left off last year. :cool2:

Drago
15th December 2010, 05:43 PM
Vince Lombardi once described the Bert Bell Benefit Bowl as this...
"the 'Shit Bowl', ...a losers' bowl for losers." ... "a rinky-dink football game, held in a rinky-dink town, played by rinky-dink players. That's all second place is—rinky dink."

And as far as I'm concerned, that's what the bullshit consolation tournament to award fifth place is. Rinky-dink. As such, I will not be adjusting my rosters from here on, or indeed paying any mind to the results of my games. kainashi once said 'If you ain't first, you're last', and this holds true in my mind. My season is OVER.

Bear
15th December 2010, 07:52 PM
Not that I don't sympathize Drago, but I'm pretty sure I deserved that last playoff spot a little more than you did :D

kainashi
17th December 2010, 01:44 PM
i need to pay more attention. :arse:

kainashi
20th December 2010, 12:06 PM
if cedric benson had been consistent all year, i would've started him but NOPE.

Bear
20th December 2010, 03:37 PM
ultimately it's not gonna matter because I am going to beat whoever faces me next week :D :D :D

kainashi
21st December 2010, 12:07 PM
a quality opponent awaits me in the battle for... 3rd place. :hellyeah:

Bear
21st December 2010, 03:32 PM
memories of last year came back to haunt mystery. At least I didn't beat him all 3 times this year. Good ruck Castleford!

Mr.E
21st December 2010, 04:01 PM
just fyi: :mad:

kainashi
21st December 2010, 04:07 PM
just fyi: :mad:yeah fuck this year

Bear
21st December 2010, 05:58 PM
hey, I almost missed the playoffs with the highest PF, I don't want to hear it!