PDA

View Full Version : El Challengo de Openo (hyuck hyuck)

Icy
15th April 2003, 09:32 PM
Uno vs. Uno!!!
:o! My mad spanish skillz
1 on 1
I send first
You attack
Arena: A very elaborate complex, DIRT FIELD! !!!! Yeah, it's dirt, wow.
Ref: That person over there

*sends out Geodude*

pokemasterfrank
15th April 2003, 09:51 PM
I'll take your challenge.

I'll send out my male Haunter.

Haunter: :o me again?

Frank: You should be used to it by now -_-

Haunter: True

Alright Haunter, start off with a Double Team! Then, if he tries to Sandstorm, do a Mean Look, scare him silly! If not, pull him over with a Psychic! Then, Hypnosis him when he gets close :D. And Earthquakes, don't worry about em, cause since you float, they wont hit you :D.

And I think Amy (Nala98) will be reffing. :D

Wolfsong
15th April 2003, 09:57 PM
I've seem to have been talked into reffing this. Though for th record, I normally don't try reffing more than one battle at a time. This makes two.

Ayla: Wow you can count.

Ayla, quiet.

Ayla: No. :P

Icy
16th April 2003, 10:51 PM
Err yes, let's see your amazingly fast Haunter pull off two attacks before I get one...

Set up a Sandstorm to damage it + get rid of it's clones. If he tries to Mean Look now, the sand will probably cloud any clear view of him, so just give 'em a Slap of Mud. If it tries to use Psychic just Dig into the ground, getting control of yer mind will be hard if it doesn't know where you are. Then don't get close *so it doesn't attack* and long-range Fire Blast it. :D, BAD WORD CHOICE

Sandstorm~Dig/Mud Slap~Fire Blast

Wolfsong
18th April 2003, 10:35 PM
I apologize in advance for the wait. But since it is the holidays, my parents wont me to spend time with them. If i am lucky i'll have the reffing up tomorrow afternoon, otherwise it will be Sunday night when i'm back at Martin. But i will get it done. I just had to sit through the Horse Whisperer. X_X and i'm sneaking on right now.

Wolfsong
20th April 2003, 08:24 PM
What is Geodude's gender?

Also, it was storming while i worked on this so if there are any typos please bear with me.

Icy (Icy) VS. Pokemasterfrank (PMF)

Geodude VS. Haunter

Geodude: 100%

Haunter: 100%

A ref arrives at a dirt covered field. Immediately upon arrival, she begins to sneeze. "Why am I here?" Because you were talked into reffing this battle," her vaporeon replies. The ref nodds and watches at the two trainers shake hands before releasing their pokemon. Our of the first pokeball appears a huge rock with arms, Geodude. The second trainer releases his trusted male haunter Haunter.

The attacks are issued.

PMF: "Alright Haunter, start off with a Double Team! Then, if he tries to Sandstorm, do a Mean Look, scare him silly! If not, pull him over with a Psychic! Then, Hypnosis him when he gets close :D. And Earthquakes, don't worry about em, cause since you float, they wont hit you."

Icy: "Set up a Sandstorm to damage it + get rid of it's clones. If he tries to Mean Look now, the sand will probably cloud any clear view of him, so just give 'em a Slap of Mud. If it tries to use Psychic just Dig into the ground, getting control of yer mind will be hard if it doesn't know where you are. Then don't get close *so it doesn't attack* and long-range Fire Blast it. , BAD WORD CHOICE"

The two pokemon nod as they hear their attacks. They wait until the ref drops the white flag signaling the beginning of the round. Once the flag is dropped, both pokemon set to work. Haunter begins by glowing a faint yellow. Seconds later he splits into three. Geodude eyes the three haunters before smirking. It has the perfect plan to deal with the tricky opponent. Geodude pounds the ground and the dirt beginst to swirl around getting more and more powerful until there is a full blown sandstorm raging about. Haunter sighs as he watches his clones disappear one by one. Meanwhile, while Haunter is being pelted by the sandstorm, Geodude digs into the earth. Haunter searches about through the storm of dirt for his foe but is unable to see him. There fore he just floats higher into the air. When geodude thinks it is safe, he pops out of the ground. Since Haunter is floating, he isn't hit by Geodude's attack. Geodud isn't bothered at all by the storm. If anything, it does make it harder to see. After peering through the storm for what seems like ages, Geodud sees a purple blur floating around. Geodude grins and inhales deeply, before sending a huge star shaped blast of flame. Haunter searches for his opponent waiting on it to get close so he can put it too sleep. The only thing he sees is the flame heading his way. Haunter tries to eveade it, but its too late.

Geodude: 100%, confident, sandstorm active 4 more rounds

Haunter: 86%, no clones, getting pummeled by the sandstorm, grumbling to himself

Icy attacks first

Then its PMF's turn to attack

Icy
21st April 2003, 08:00 AM
It's okay, I just got back from a 4-day trip, so I didn't even notice it. Right now I'm on my aunt's computer, so I can't post attacks. I'm flying home tonight though, so tomorrow I'll be able to post attacks.

Icy
22nd April 2003, 10:50 AM
Geodude = Rocky = Male

I'm too lazy to think of a real strategy for now...

Substitute to block all incoming status effects, then use Swagger to piss it off, finally Mud-Slap if you're Substitute is gone, Fire Punch if it's still up.

Substitute~Swagger~Mud Slap/Fire Punch

pokemasterfrank
23rd April 2003, 08:55 PM
I guess the Mist didn't turn the Sandstorm to mud :/

Ok, now that you know where that Geodude is (The Fire Blast :o), quickly fire a Confuse Ray in that direction. Stop the working Substitute! Then, if the confusion gets the best of the Geodude and can't make the Swagger move, then Giga Drain that rock :o. If he can Swagger, then plug your ears :o. If its trying to Mud Slap you, then use Transmorph! Turn into a grain(s) of dirt :o. If he's charging at you for a Fire Punch, then Hypnosis him when he gets close enough. If he's too confused to do anything, then Giga Drain :D.

Confuse Ray-Giga Drain/Plug your Ears-Transmorph/Hypnosis/Giga Drain

Haunter (M)
Transmorph
Once per round, Haunter may create an illusion and trick the opponent into thinking he is an object on the field (if there are rocks, Haunter looks like a rock) and usually is the most common object on the field. Haunter may attack the opponent, but Haunter is able to be seen if he does. This last only two round and can be used only twice per battle

Type: Ghost | Accuracy: N/A | Damage: 0% | Effects: The opponent cannot attack Gastly with focused attacks (attacks that hit only the target), but are able hit Gastly with open attacks (attacks that hit a wide range, not just the target).

Icy
24th April 2003, 11:45 AM
*laughs* See? You base your strategy on too much. Right now you're going to assume, every single time, that a CONFUSED geodude won't be able to make a substitute (you're also assuming it's going to be confused, which, it may not if the 'dude goes first). NOW, being confused means you don't know what's going on, the trainer's commands you still know, which is pretty much why they may backfire *like go hit a wall, yourself, the ground under you, you may try to swagger a tree*, but in most cases *I mean, Substitute and say a Psychic + Seismic Toss combo are totally different things*, they'll do them. Meaning... Geodude still gets his uberly wonderful substitute! :o!!!!!

I hope. Lol, he may still fail to do his substitute, but if he's NOT confused for swagger and you plug your ears... Swagger involves gestures as well, :D. If substitute does work, then I guess Giga Drain will suck the life outta that lifeless thing. :o, Transmorph... x.X It's dirt, not sand, you'll transform into a clump of dirt, the only thing on the field... I thought I made that clear.

ITS DIRT I SAY!!!

EDIT: I would like to note that confusion = works like the ref says it works. If the ref wants confusion to mean you hit yourself with ketchup, then fine by me. :o!

Icy
4th May 2003, 11:25 AM
I realize nala is busy, but I'd like to request a sub-ref for a little while. Yepyep.

Mudkip14
4th May 2003, 12:59 PM
I can subref

Icy
4th May 2003, 02:36 PM
fine by me...

pmf?

pokemasterfrank
4th May 2003, 09:59 PM
*nod* ref mudkip

Mudkip14
5th May 2003, 04:27 PM
Well heres the reffing I hope you like my style.

PRE-BATTLE

Stats
Haunter: 86%(HP) 90%(Energy) Getting Pummled by Sandstorm/ No Clones
Rocky100%(HP) 90%(Energy) Fresh

I make my way to a dirt field after getting a phone call from Icy asking me to subref his match because Nala has come down with some illness and needs to rest. I make it just in time to see an Ambulance drive away with Nala in it , wow, I didn't know it was that serious. The trainers look worried that their requested ref will not be reffing for a bit but give me the attacks anyway.

ICY: Substitute to block any incoming status effects, then use swagger to piss it off, finally Mud-Slap if you substitute is gone, Fire Punch if it isn't.

PMF:Quickly Fire a Confuse Ray at Geodude. Stop the working Substitute! Then, if confusion gets the best of Geodude, and he can't make the Swgger move, then Giga Drain that rock. If he can Swagger then plug your ears. If it's trying to Mud-Slap you then use Transmorph, turn inti grains of dirt. If he's charging at you for Fire Punch, then Hypnosis him when he gets close enough. If he's to confused to do anything then use Giga Drain.

After hearing both trainers attacks (which takes a looooooooong time because they have to keep spitting the dirt out of their mouthes) I wave my flags and signal the begining of round 2.

BEGIN ROUND 2

The Snadstorm continues to batter the poor Haunter causing some serious damage to him as time weras on. Haunter tries his hardest to focus in the area where his trainer told him to look but the storm keeps pushing him around and by the time he gets around and releases his pink colored wave of confusion he knew that nothing had happened. Geodude on the other hand was completely unaffected by all of this seeing as how he loves sandstorms the swirling storm of dirt does nothing to impair his movement. He begins to pull matter out of an unknown void. The energy pouring out of Geodude and out of the sky behind him and for a brief second there are 2 Geodudes but that quickly becomes one.

Stats
Haunter: 82%(HP) 85%(Energy) Still being Pummled by the sandstorm
Rocky: 100%(HP) 82%(Energy) Fresh/ 25% sub active

Haunter Continues to remain getting pummled by the flying dirt while trying to search for his opponent to no avail. Rocky on the other hand was given better orders although he can't see his opponent he can still yell out some rude and nasty things. Haunter hers these rude things and tries to use the sound to locate his opponent. He gets right next to where Rock stands but doesn't see him and he can't see his sub because Rocky cleverly ran away from it so Haunter just waited and wondered what was going on.

Stats
Haunter: 78%(HP) 85%(Energy) Sandstorm begining to bruise him
Rocky: 100%(HP) 79%(Energy) Fresh/ 25% Sub Active

Haunter stays there hoping that maybe this is all just a clever trick but the rude comments made by Rocky sit in his mind slowly driving him crazy. Rocky realizes now is the perfect time to strike. His right arm suddenly begins to flame up with frie and he smashes his fist into Haunter before he sees the red next to him. Now haunter knows for sure that Rocky is there but can't understand why he can't see him.

END ROUND 2

End of Round Stats
Haunter: 70%(HP) 85%(Energy) Bruised
Rocky: 100%(HP) 75%(Energy) Fresh/ 25% Sub Active

Arena: Sandstorm for 3 more Rounds

Edit: I changed the Sandstorm Damage it did roughly 4% each round and the reason why Haunter didn't close his ears was becuase he didn't exactly know what it was Rocky was performing. For all he knew he could have been yelling insults out of confusion and you stated for him to only close his ears if he knew that Rocky was Swaggering aand that meant Confuse Ray didn't work so he had no idea but as stated it had no effect on him it's just slowly confusing him as to what exactly he was doing.

Icy
5th May 2003, 06:21 PM
Good job Rocky, although I believe the damage given to Haunter was a little harsh. :D, please re-think that a little. Sandstorms don't do quite that much.

Otherwise good job.

pokemasterfrank
5th May 2003, 10:24 PM
Yeah, 10% from a Sandstorm in two actions is a little extreme O_O.

Well, one thing. I ordered Haunter to plug his ears when the Swaggers began. I'm just wondering why that wasn't in effect.

Icy
5th May 2003, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by pokemasterfrank
Yeah, 10% from a Sandstorm in two actions is a little extreme O_O.

Well, one thing. I ordered Haunter to plug his ears when the Swaggers began. I'm just wondering why that wasn't in effect.

I was about to mention that too, but then I realized that Swagger didn't have any effect anyway. Now hurry up and post attacks. lol

pokemasterfrank
5th May 2003, 11:00 PM
Hmm...

Phase into the ground! You'll avoid the Sandstorm and the any Physical Attacks that way! Also, keep moving about in the ground while phasing!

Phase into the ground~Move around in Phase Mode x2

Mudkip14
6th May 2003, 11:45 AM
I edited that round. If you want to know what changes were made I stated them at the end of the reffing so go check there.

Icy
6th May 2003, 05:24 PM
Thanks, now I have two questions:

1) Do Haunters need to breathe? (AKA, are they living things?)

2) Does phasing protect Haunter from seismic waves?

pokemasterfrank
6th May 2003, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by Icy
Thanks, now I have two questions:

1) Do Haunters need to breathe? (AKA, are they living things?)[

2) Does phasing protect Haunter from seismic waves?

I don't know about the Haunter thing :/

And DRWS said it protects from all physical attacks. I guess its Mudkip's interpretation for physical attacks, cause Seismic waves can be argued to be Physical or Special :o. But I would assume that since Phasing makes Haunter transparent, like go through, and Seismic waves must have something to pass through to work, it wouldn't. The Seismic waves must rely on the dirt ground as a medium for the waves to be transfered, but the dirt can't affect something it cannot touch, as Haunter is when in phase mode.

Icy
6th May 2003, 08:31 PM
it needs dirt to transfer the waves, that doesn't mean it needs dirt to do damage. We'll wait for Mudkip14 to give his interpretation.

Icy
10th May 2003, 06:26 PM
Mudkip14? I'm betting you didn't see the question, but could you please answer it so I can post attacks?

Mudkip14
11th May 2003, 10:42 AM
Sorry for the wait I forgot about this match.

Yes Haunter does breathe (at least in my opinion). He may be a ghost be he is still somewhat living so he must be running off of something to keep him alive so let's just say he breaths.

the earthquke won't affect while he is phased. However, he does have to phase back in eventually and if he phases into an uprooted porion of earth it will cause pain. So no definite damage will be done it just depends on what Haunter does.

Icy
11th May 2003, 11:59 AM
Well, we got the answers we were looking for. Assuming Haunter has to breathe, it'll probably have a hard time staying underground phased for so long... it's coming up eventually.

Rocky, first use a nice Harden to get ready for what's coming next, then proceed to use two Defense Curls. If at anytime Haunter comes up for air use a nice Fire Blast the second he comes up...

Harden/Fire Blast~Defense Curl/Fire Blast (x2)

pokemasterfrank
13th May 2003, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by Mudkip14
Sorry for the wait I forgot about this match.

Yes Haunter does breathe (at least in my opinion). He may be a ghost be he is still somewhat living so he must be running off of something to keep him alive so let's just say he breaths.

Actually, I think I remember an epi of Pokemon that disproves this. In the Orange Island series, there was an epi with a sunken ship with an old Orange League Trophy and two Pokeballs with a Gastly and Haunter in them. There was a segment where a team of scientist/diving people took the trophy and then the two ghosts popped out of there pokeballs and I think they cried out Gastly/Haunter without the sound being hindered. So they were down there, said stuff, and didn't look like they had to hold their breath or anything, and they didn't look like they were struggling to breath/hold breath, so I think they don't have to breath. But anyway, we'll need confirmation on this epi, cause its been a while since I saw any Orange Island epis. :/

Icy
13th May 2003, 09:51 PM
If that's the case, then what's the disadvantage to phasing? I see none. One could order to have their Haunter phase forever & never get hurt. They could be down 30% and still never get touched. As I see it, you'd have to burn a LOT of fatigue to overcome this. And when I say a lot I mean like 4x the amount of fatigue used to burn Protect.

pokemasterfrank
13th May 2003, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by Icy
If that's the case, then what's the disadvantage to phasing? I see none. One could order to have their Haunter phase forever & never get hurt. They could be down 30% and still never get touched. As I see it, you'd have to burn a LOT of fatigue to overcome this. And when I say a lot I mean like 4x the amount of fatigue used to burn Protect.

Thats extreme :/. 4x the amount to burn Protect? Thats like auto-KO! I think doesn't take much. There is no defined amount of Fatigue for phasing. Most reffings, phasing doesnt' drain much fatigue :/. True, the phasing is only for a short period of time, but draining that much is insane.

Besides, I see one great downside to phasing. You aren't able to attack or do complex movements. When phasing, I would assume you would have to concentrate on phasing, so attacks can't be used, sigs can't be used, and a simple charge at your opponent and hit him...your transparent, it doesn't work! So the only real thing you can do when in phase mode is go through objects and/or stand around :/ I mean, I don't think you can Shadow Ball or Psychic while in phase mode.

Also, I said I wasn't sure about the epi. I could be totally off on the episode thing.

Icy
13th May 2003, 11:45 PM
:o, I was exaggerating. Obviously that got by some of us.

Anyways... if you're down by 30% you can stall your opponent out. Wait until he forfeits. Make a battle extremely painful for a ref. Blah blah blah, PHASE! Blah blah blah!

:o, You don't need to attack, just sit there.

edit: it's like having a protect that never fails, put it that way.

pokemasterfrank
13th May 2003, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by Icy
:o, I was exaggerating. Obviously that got by some of us.

Anyways... if you're down by 30% you can stall your opponent out. Wait until he forfeits. Make a battle extremely painful for a ref. Blah blah blah, PHASE! Blah blah blah!

:o, You don't need to attack, just sit there.

edit: it's like having a protect that never fails, put it that way.

Phasing only stops physical attacks. Just use an elemental. With the introduction of the Move Tutor in Crystal, almost every Pokemon is guarenteed to have a Special Attack, and many sigs can qualify for being Special Attacks.

Icy
14th May 2003, 06:48 PM
No, no. Phasing through the GROUND is like an all-time protect and the accuracy never fails. Yepyep.

Besides, it makes no sense that phasing wouldn't stop a flamethrower if it stops a rock slide.

pokemasterfrank
14th May 2003, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by Icy
No, no. Phasing through the GROUND is like an all-time protect and the accuracy never fails. Yepyep.

Besides, it makes no sense that phasing wouldn't stop a flamethrower if it stops a rock slide.

Well, I came up with a way to severly screw up this all-time protect last night. But if I told you it, I'd be an idiot for giving you the weakness to this plan XD. Still, I'll be an idiot :D. Its not like you can edit anyway >_>;;. Ok, so you have you Sandstorm up, use a dig attack to free the sand into the storm. Then, every turn, just use Sandstorm once, to increase the power/keep it going. Then, keep digging until all to most of the dirt is in the storm itself. Then Flamethrower/Ice Beam/Thunderbolt etc. Its a little farfetched, but its possible...especially when your opponent can't attack with out being pelted by a continually strengthening Sandstorm...not to mention not being able to see in the sand...and that pesky sub :/.

And the Flamethrower thing...I'm just repeating what DRWS told me about Phasing. It stops Physical Attacks. :/ I would assume that Special Attacks would still work. If Special Attacks didn't work...then I would agree, Phasing would be way too powerful for its own good :/. But Phasing only affects Physical Attacks.

Mudkip14
15th May 2003, 11:04 AM
I can confirm that for you PF. You are correct that in the episode just before Ash won his own Orange League cup they did a thing about one of the previous champs and there was a Haunter and a Gastly doing just fine underwater. I don't want to delay this any further but I'm going to have to ask a higher ranked ref to post his or her opinion. I'll pm Charizard04621 and maybe post the question in the reffing tower. This might take a while but once we get this all sorted out we will have solved this problem for future cases:D.

Icy
23rd May 2003, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by Mudkip14
I can confirm that for you PF. You are correct that in the episode just before Ash won his own Orange League cup they did a thing about one of the previous champs and there was a Haunter and a Gastly doing just fine underwater. I don't want to delay this any further but I'm going to have to ask a higher ranked ref to post his or her opinion. I'll pm Charizard04621 and maybe post the question in the reffing tower. This might take a while but once we get this all sorted out we will have solved this problem for future cases:D.

I realize that you're asking c04621, but it's been over a week. Could we PLEASE hurry up? I mean, I assume you can figure stuff out for yourself. A ref is a ref, people interpret things differently, get an independent mind.

pokemasterfrank
31st May 2003, 02:44 PM
Well, I talked to Karin over IM, and she said that all Ghost pokemon must breath.

Icy
7th June 2003, 01:44 PM
On Wednesday it'll have been a month since the last ref...

PLEASE! REF THIS SOMEBODY! ANYBODY! ARGH!

Icy
15th June 2003, 06:26 PM
Sorry for double posting, but pmf, is it okay if I declare this battle dead? We've been going for over a month without a reffing and it's just wasting a battle space for me. :\ If it's okay with you lets kill the battle.

pokemasterfrank
15th June 2003, 11:26 PM
Sure, I guess :/ We could find a new ref, but if you want to kill the battle, its fine with me.

Icy
15th June 2003, 11:36 PM
I like this battle, it's interesting. If we can find a new ref by Wednesday, I'll give it life!!!!!!

DarkPrincess
17th June 2003, 07:24 PM
Icy asked me to ref this in a chatroom so I guess I'll do it. If you both agree, I'll edit this post with the reffing.

pokemasterfrank
17th June 2003, 11:55 PM
I'm ok with it. (Doesn't seem right posting one line posts o_o;;)

DarkPrincess
18th June 2003, 05:05 PM
Haunter: 70%(HP) 85%(Energy) Bruised
Rocky: 100%(HP) 75%(Energy) Fresh/ 25% Sub Active

Arena: Sandstorm for 3 more Rounds

Round Three
Icy vs Frank (do I mind if I just say Frank? o.O)
Rocky vs Haunter

Phase into the ground~Move around in Phase Mode x2

Harden/Fire Blast~Defense Curl/Fire Blast (x2)

Arena: Sandstorm [3 rounds]

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The third round of this ramble slowly moves on. Two trainers, Icy and Frank lay there desperate for a new ref until a light of golden hope arrives in the form of Rachel, the princess of darkness. (Yes, I'm a light of golden hope! >P) Her loyal Meowth sat besides her and watched the battle curiously. Icy's Geodude seemed to be doing quite well while the Haunter wasn't doing as well. Who will be the winner? Who shall be the loser? Who can defeat the other? Why am I asking you all these questions? When will I ever shut up? Frank's Haunter was a bit bruised and tired but he wouldn't let that get the better of him. His ghostly form slowly phased itself into the ground. His sinister laughter echoed throughout this complex and gorgeous dirt arena. Rocky simple sat there making his rocky skin all shiny. His defence went up. (I can't think of a better way to describe that!) Haunter simple moved around while keeping his phased form in the ground. Rocky peered around at the ground but found that he couldn't find the Haunter so he rolled into a ball and let his defence grow even more. The Haunter laughed evilly, thinking he finally had an edge over Rocky. He continued to change places in the ground in the phase mode. Rocky once again used a Defense Curl and his defence went farther! The sandstorm ripped across the dirt arena. It scrapped against Rocky's skin. However, Haunter was still phased under the ground so it didn't do anything to him. This was an exciting round but at least it was easy XD

Haunter: 70% Health, 85% Energy [Bruised]
Rocky: 100% Health, 75% Energy [Enchanced Defence]

Sorry for a crappy reffing but there was two reasons why it sucks:

1. Was kinda mad at someone while writing it so I was only thinking about how much I hate the person
2. ... not a lot you could really say for the attacks that were used

If it was bad, I could reref it.. just ask me through AIM or PM me. Thanks, bye.

Icy
18th June 2003, 10:37 PM
Fire Blast the little bugger as soon as it comes above the ground. use sandstorm if the sandstorm ever goes away, and other wise, use defense curl.

Fire Blast/Sandstorm/Defense Curl (x3)

pokemasterfrank
18th June 2003, 11:24 PM
Alright, shoot out of the ground. Don't stop for french fries, hamburgers or at go. Just shoot up into the air. Even if a giant object of fire is thrown at you, don't look at it! Just keep going up. Then, lets try the Unheared Death when you get far up in the sky. Plug your ears..or whatever you hear with. Then, use Perish Song, but make sure none of that music leaks into your ears.

Shoot out of the Ground And Quickly into the air~Unheard Death (Plug Your Ears~Perish Song)

DarkPrincess
20th June 2003, 02:55 PM
]Round Four
Icy versus Frank
Rock versus Haunter

Shoot out of the ground and quickly into the air~Unheard Death (plug your ears~perish song)

Fire Blast~Defence Curlx2

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"Ha ha!" laughed my Meowth. "You got in trouble!"

"Don't make fun of me," I sighed.

"It's priceless though," giggled Lirima.

"Whatever.." I sighed again.

The Meowth continued to roll around on the ground, laughing as hard as she could. The forth round of this battle begins. Everyone cannot deny the fact that the round before was not very interesting but this round promises to be better. As pokemasterfrank's Haunter continues to be phased underground while Rocky's defence is high and cannot be broken easily. Frank shouts his orders to the Haunter. Right away, the ghostly figure shoots out from the ground. He hurled himself into the air as massive speed. Rocky's master ordered a Fire Blast the minute he escapes from the ground. However, the Haunter is moving at amazing speed. When the Geodude unleashes the roaring flames, it hits the very tip of the Haunter. He squealed in slight pain but continued up until he was high above Rocky. Rocky stares up curiously at the Haunter but didn't care. He curled himself into a ball and the rock skin became even stronger. Meanwhile, the Haunter was plotting unheard death and torture for the unforcently Geodude. He plugged his ears (Do Haunter even have ears?) and sang a depressing and horrifying perish song. A sudden shiver ran down Rocky's spine. He shuddered wildly. (sounds like what happens when people see me o.O ) However, the same chilling pain also ran down Haunter's body. Both of them knew what was going to bestowed upon them. In three short rounds, the Geodude and Haunter will perish this battle for good.

"If I am going down soon, I'm taking you with me" snapped Haunter.

Rocky glared up at the Haunter again. He simply curled himself in a ball and cried. Meanwhile, his defence grew higher as the Geodude sobbed. Soon, he recovered and glared at the Haunter. They stared at each other and awaited for the next round.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Haunter: 60% Health: Feeling evil. Perish song count is 3
Rocky: 98% Health: Feeling sad yet angry, wants to crush Haunter. Perish song count is 3.
Arena: Sandstorm [1 round]
Frank, Icy and ASHarris: Want to kill/fire Rachel
Rachel: Embarassed. Feels like an idiot.

EDIT: Reref done. Sorry that I suck =/ If I messed up again, then could you guys just AIM me instead of posting it out here to make me look like an idiot >.>

pokemasterfrank
23rd June 2003, 01:02 AM
o_o Seems like its my turn to post.

Ok, keep your distance. Make sure that Geodude doesn't come too close. If it tries to get up here...somehow o_o;; use Shadow Balls to knock that rock out of the sky. Otherwise, chill out up there...and don't come down yet :o.

Chill out in the sky x3/Shadow Ball to knock Geodude down from the sky x3

Icy
24th June 2003, 04:35 PM
I wouldn't worry too much. If at any point the sandstorm stops, strengthen it with another Sandstorm. Don't go up to it, just pelt it with Fire Blasts

DarkPrincess
26th June 2003, 12:22 PM
Round Five
Icy versus Frank
Rocky versus Haunter

*~*~*~*~*

Chill out in the sky x3/Shadow Ball to knock Geodude down from the sky x3

I wouldn't worry too much. If at any point the sandstorm stops, strengthen it with another Sandstorm. Don't go up to it, just pelt it with Fire Blasts

*~*~*~*~*

This next round begins with Frank telling his Haunter to "chill" in the sky for awhile. The Haunter crackles and waves at the Geodude from below. Rocky stares up at Haunter. He exhales a stream of roaring flames. The inferno slams into the Haunter at full speed. He growls evily in the fierce pain. Rocky grinned evily up at the Haunter. Meanwhile, the Haunter wasn't happy. He continued to loom his ghostly figure in the sky above. Rocky once again exhales that fiercesome stream of flames at the Haunter. AGain, the Haunter was meant with great pain and agony. The Haunter tried to adjust his place in the sky so he wouldn't get pelted with another inferno. Rocky once again exhaled his storm of fire at the Haunter. It barely managed to miss him but did hit his rear. (... at the tip of a Haunter.. xD) He glared at Rocky who grinned at the Haunter, innocently.

*~*~*~*~*
Haunter: 53% Health, 78% Energy: Angry. Hating Rocky. Hating Fire. Hating EVERYTHING.
Rocky: 98% Health, 60% Energy: Confident.. perhaps too confident

Icy
26th June 2003, 11:48 PM
:o.. two fire blasts (perfect hits mind you) and a sandstorm do only 12% damage? WTF? HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO KILL THE THING IN THREE ROUNDS! That makes it impossible. :\, since Fire Blast is the most powerful move I can possibly use... it makes it very tough.

Fire Blast it otherwise use Sandstorm if the Sandstorm fades.

:\, not much else I can do. However, don't attack it if your accuracy will be impaired by something temporarily (like one action), hence it psyching you to knock you off balance, or a shadow ball blasting in your face. :\ We can take damage right now.

pokemasterfrank
27th June 2003, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by Icy
:o.. two fire blasts (perfect hits mind you) and a sandstorm do only 12% damage? WTF? HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO KILL THE THING IN THREE ROUNDS! That makes it impossible. :\, since Fire Blast is the most powerful move I can possibly use... it makes it very tough.

Fire Blast it otherwise use Sandstorm if the Sandstorm fades.

:\, not much else I can do. However, don't attack it if your accuracy will be impaired by something temporarily (like one action), hence it psyching you to knock you off balance, or a shadow ball blasting in your face. :\ We can take damage right now.

I would assume Haunter is high above the sandstorm.

Alrighty. Lets start off with your sig move, Transmorph :o. That should stop the Fire Blasts dead in its tracks. Then, just chill out. If the Fire Blasts do come into your direction for some bizzare reason, use a Psychic to throw it back. I'm sure its possible :o.

Transmorph-Chill Out/Psychic to toss Fire Blast back

Haunter (M)
Transmorph
Once per round, Haunter may create an illusion and trick the opponent into thinking he is an object on the field (if there are rocks, Haunter looks like a rock) and usually is the most common object on the field. Haunter may attack the opponent, but Haunter is able to be seen if he does. This last only two round and can be used only twice per battle.

Type: Ghost | Accuracy: N/A | Damage: 0% | Effects: The opponent cannot attack Gastly with focused attacks (attacks that hit only the target), but are able hit Gastly with open attacks (attacks that hit a wide range, not just the target).

DarkPrincess
3rd July 2003, 12:20 PM
Sorry it took so long. My computer was broken for a few days but my dad just fixed it so here I go.. sorry for the bad reffing but my head really hurts x.o

Round ?
Icy versus Frank
Rocky versus Haunter

*~*~*~*

Haunter begins by summoning an illusian that fills Rocky's attention. He glares over at the nearest rock and blasts it with a Fire Blast. Rocky beams happily at the direct hit but notices Haunter isn't moving. He stares at it oddly. The sandstorm slowly subsides.

The Haunter meanwhile, takes out a pair of sunglasses and relaxes in the sky. Rocky notices the sandstorm is gone so he summons the great sands of time and the massive Sandstorm continues again.

Haunter takes out one of those hawaiian drinks with the little umbrellas in it and takes a sip of it. Rocky meanwhile attempts to destroy the illusian with another Fire Blast. Soon, he realizes that that isn't Haunter. He is now VERY mad because the bloody thing tricked him.

*~*~*~*
Haunter: 53% Relaxed. Calmed down a bit and is wearing sunglasses :o
Rocky: 98% Wants Haunter to die. Hates rocks. :o

Erm.. whee? :o *flees*

Icy
3rd July 2003, 01:26 PM
Well with damage caps, my ability to do only 6% damage off my strongest attack and one round left.

I can't win.

Bye. Frank wins. :\, even though he did all of 2% damage to me the whole match

pokemasterfrank
3rd July 2003, 03:21 PM
:/ Sorry. I guess that combo was a bit cheap :/

Anyway, I guess I'll evolve my Charmeleon for this match :/

Yumemiru
3rd July 2003, 05:08 PM
That combo wasn't just cheap, it shouldn't have worked. The battle isn't over. It will be suspended until I or another mod makes a ruling on it. So pokemasterfrank, you can't claim the win just yet.

Yumemiru
3rd July 2003, 05:20 PM
Double-post. Sorry. Didn't take as long as I thought it would.

There are two ways it could've happened: 1. Haunter still heard his own song, regardless of whether or not he covered his ears, so he was still affected by it, or 2. Covering his ears prohibited his concentration on carrying out the move, so Perish Song failed completely. Ref's choice between the two possibilities.

DarkPrincess, it would behoove you to look at the short Perish Song discussion that was had here. (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2456&perpage=15&pagenumber=5) I think it started on the previous page. Perhaps it can help you come up with your own view of the move. Regardless, my ruling is that the combo should not have worked under any circumstances. Any variation of Perish Song would not allow that. So rereffing is in order, starting with Round 4. Reref that round, then the battle can restart itself from there.

Also... I also think an explanation is in order for why two successful Fire Blasts (well, one only partially successful) only amounted to 12% damage. To say nothing of the Sandstorm... If Haunter was phased, the Sandstorm wouldn't hurt, but the Fire Blasts would hurt even more. If he wasn't, it should've all hurt. Why was the damage so little? Fire Blast isn't exactly a weak move.

pokemasterfrank
3rd July 2003, 05:37 PM
*nod* Sounds good to me. The combo was really really cheap anyway :/

Icy
6th July 2003, 09:59 PM
okay frank, rachel edited the thing... :o go!

pokemasterfrank
7th July 2003, 09:19 PM
As we float in the air, lets use a Transmorph :o You'll probably look like a cloud or something :O. Then, lets just rain down upon Geodude with some Shadow Balls.

Transmorph~Shadow Ball x2

Icy
7th July 2003, 10:46 PM
:o oh nos! Again, just keep the Sandstorm going and get as far away from the sky as possible. (Frank, it's a sandstorm.. i'd find it impossible to escape by going up... :\)

:o Sandstorm thrice to make it gain power.

pokemasterfrank
8th July 2003, 01:41 AM
Whee...there was an epi with sandstorm....

...it was a gym battle, I believe...

...versus Jasmine...

...Steelix used Sandstorm...

...it was a giant funnel.

:o

Icy
8th July 2003, 04:33 PM
Sandstorm x 4...

Four times power, bigger size...

Haunter needs to breathe.

Lack of oxygen...

Haunter has trouble breathing...

:o End.

DarkPrincess
8th July 2003, 04:46 PM
Round Five
Icy versus Frank
Rocky versus Haunter

*~*~*~*

Haunter begins the next round by creating an illusian of himself for Rocky. That rock suddenly looks just like Haunter. He glances at the rock oddly but is ordered to preform a Sandstorm. The arena is now engulfed by harsh Sandstorm that rips through the air, destroying everything in it's path to go one with its helly figure.. okay.. that might be going too far but who cares.. It rips through Haunter's ghostly form harshly.

Haunter is now mad. He creates a sphere of dark energy and power and sends it hurling at Rocky. When it made contact with Rocky, it made a small explosion, leaving a dark aura around him. Rocky shook it off and preformed another Sandstorm which engulfed the arena more..

Haunter tries its best to look through the endless sea of roaring sand. Finally, it can make out Rocky and fires another Shadow Ball down at Rocky. Rocky once again added more power to the sands. Pain.. ow.. a loud ding sounds. Perish Count is now 2..

*~*~*~*
Haunter: 50% Perish Count is 2. Haven't a hard time seeing through the Sandstorm.. hates sand..
Rocky: 80% Perish Count is 2
Everyone: Tired of Sandstorm
Arena: Sandstorm lasts 4 more rounds..

Icy
8th July 2003, 04:55 PM
If he attacks you blast him with a Fire Blast (:o so I can actually hit him while he's non-cloud-like)...

and uhh... if not, simply stay low to the ground and make the Sand FLY.. Make sure you're constantly moving around though, just stay low.

pokemasterfrank
8th July 2003, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by DarkPrincess
Round Five
Icy versus Frank
Rocky versus Haunter

*~*~*~*

Haunter begins the next round by creating an illusian of himself for Rocky. That rock suddenly looks just like Haunter. He glances at the rock oddly but is ordered to preform a Sandstorm. The arena is now engulfed by harsh Sandstorm that rips through the air, destroying everything in it's path to go one with its helly figure.. okay.. that might be going too far but who cares.. It rips through Haunter's ghostly form harshly.

Haunter is now mad. He creates a sphere of dark energy and power and sends it hurling at Rocky. When it made contact with Rocky, it made a small explosion, leaving a dark aura around him. Rocky shook it off and preformed another Sandstorm which engulfed the arena more..

Haunter tries its best to look through the endless sea of roaring sand. Finally, it can make out Rocky and fires another Shadow Ball down at Rocky. Rocky once again added more power to the sands. Pain.. ow.. a loud ding sounds. Perish Count is now 2..

*~*~*~*
Haunter: 50% Perish Count is 2. Haven't a hard time seeing through the Sandstorm.. hates sand..
Everyone: Tired of Sandstorm
Arena: Sandstorm lasts 4 more rounds..

eh? Haunter is in the air o_o Not on the ground. He can't be a rock in the air o_o High in the air, I'm pretty sure above the Sandstorm o_o

Icy
10th July 2003, 01:10 PM
eh? Haunter is in the air o_o Not on the ground. He can't be a rock in the air o_o High in the air, I'm pretty sure above the Sandstorm o_o

:\ Rachel obviously is reffing sandstorm differently than you'd like. :\ Okay? There. And the rock/cloud thing really doesn't matter. :\

pokemasterfrank
10th July 2003, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by Icy
:\ Rachel obviously is reffing sandstorm differently than you'd like. :\ Okay? There. And the rock/cloud thing really doesn't matter. :\

I understand the sandstorm part. But the rock/cloud thing does Matter :o. If I turned into a rock, then it would mean I'm in the sky. Also, if I was a rock in the sky, what kind of idiot wouldn't attack the rock? If it was a cloud, then it would mean I'm in the air. I didn't ask for Haunter to come back down :/

Icy
10th July 2003, 06:49 PM
I understand the sandstorm part. But the rock/cloud thing does Matter :o. If I turned into a rock, then it would mean I'm in the sky. Also, if I was a rock in the sky, what kind of idiot wouldn't attack the rock? If it was a cloud, then it would mean I'm in the air. I didn't ask for Haunter to come back down :/

:o Well...

I thought Haunter makes the opponent think Haunter is whatever the most common item on the field is, making my Geodude think Haunter is a random rock on the field...

:\ I could be misinterpreting your sig tho.

pokemasterfrank
11th July 2003, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by Icy
:o Well...

I thought Haunter makes the opponent think Haunter is whatever the most common item on the field is, making my Geodude think Haunter is a random rock on the field...

:\ I could be misinterpreting your sig tho.

o_O that could be a way of interpreting it. I dunno...its too vague...

anyway...Lets just stay high up :O and chill :o

DarkPrincess
13th July 2003, 12:31 PM
Round Six
pokemasterfrank versus Icy
Haunter versus Rocky

*~*~*
Icy:

If he attacks you blast him with a Fire Blast ( so I can actually hit him while he's non-cloud-like)...

and uhh... if not, simply stay low to the ground and make the Sand FLY.. Make sure you're constantly moving around though, just stay low.

pokemasterfrank:

anyway...Lets just stay high up :O and chill :o

*~*~*

The next round begins in this .. interesting battle.. The sand rips and tears throughout the land. Everyone is getting sand in their eyes and it really hurts x.o Haunter begins by just.. chilling up there.. and letting the sand get him.. He takes out a pair of sunglasses and a tropical island beverage with a little umbrella in it. He takes a sip of his drink then continues to relax. (Yes, that's why I have them do when they're chilling...) Rocky, just sits down there since Haunter didn't even bother to attack him. He too, takes out sunglasses and a tropical island beverage and relaxes. Haunter sips on his drink happily.

"Mmm... Mango.." he says happily.

Haunter resumes to chill around in the sky, not paying attention to the sand. Rocky sips his beverage and has a look of disgust.

"Eww! Pineapple!" he screeched then tossed the drink away.

Haunter chuckled at what he heard but didn't really bother with it. Rocky too just sat there, relaxing. Neither of them realized the danger approaching.. the Perish Song was ready to take them both.. the sand ripped through the sky and clouds and ripped through Haunter. This surprised him and he dropped his drink.

"No! My mango juice!" he sobbed.

*~*~*
Haunter: 45% Perish Song count is 1. Sad because he dropped his drink.
Rocky: 80% Perish Song count is 1. Mad because he got a crappy pineapple juice beverage.
Arena: Sandstorm.. ugh..
Ref: Tired of lazy pokes x.o

EDIT: Erm.. typo with Rocky's damage o.o

Icy
13th July 2003, 04:35 PM
...wtf? PINEAPPLE JUICE TOOK 20% of my life away!

Lol... :P

pokemasterfrank
15th July 2003, 01:48 AM
Whee...

Use Protect, then Rest, then Sleep Talk :o

Icy
15th July 2003, 06:37 PM
:D Before I post my attack, Rachel, how do you ref Rest?

Icy
16th July 2003, 02:50 PM
I hate to double post, but the whole you can't edit thing...

Ummm... while he's protecting just Sandstorm. After he falls asleep use a Fire Blast as close as possible. Then run away and Rest yourself...

Sandstorm~Fire Blast~Rest

Icy
29th July 2003, 01:29 PM
It's been about 2 weeks since I posted my attacks.... :\ Reffing por favor?

Mindprobe
29th July 2003, 01:50 PM
Just to let you know, DarkPrincess is away and you need a sub-ref ^^;;

pokemasterfrank
22nd August 2003, 08:49 PM
Hey Icy, me thinks we should just declare this match a draw :/. Right now, its just taking up a battle slot and we already know whats going to happen, right?

Icy
23rd August 2003, 02:17 PM
Agreed. :\ forgot about it anyway/