PDA

View Full Version : Elemental Challenge, apply within...

Dark Dragonite
15th April 2003, 11:48 PM
Acceptable types: (Pokemon used must be one of the following, may be a dual type with one of the listed types)
Electric
Fire
Water
Ice
Grass
Ground
Rock
Flying
1-1
You release Poke first
I attack first this round
Ref: Active, and preferably a fatigue % user
Arena: An open field with green grass, a few tall, strong trees, and a lake, sizeable enough for water attacks such as surf to be useable.
No Rest

Ok, now, please applyso I may accept you or not, lol, hence why this was not called an "Open Challenge".

EDIT: I hope noone will waste my time with any possible spelling or Grammatical errors, I honestly don't care, and at times make them on purpose, besides, this isn't English Class, this is ASB, Let's Battle!!

100FangCroconaw
16th April 2003, 06:03 AM
I'll battle.Go, Woolly!*male flaaffy appears*

Dark Dragonite
17th April 2003, 10:54 AM
Well, the decisions of who to choose now...

Lorna: How about me for once??

Sorry lorna, I'd love to give you this shot, but your a Female, and I can't risk it right now

Lorna: I understand

Armadeus: You could choose me, since I never got the chance to finish off Ryandude317's Electabuzz

You may be a possible choice, in fact, you are my choice, show that sheep how you deal with your foes!!

Armadeus, Male Sandshrew is my choice!!

Armadeus, start out with a Safeguard to protect from those nasty status effects, then, follow up with a double team then end with a Toxic!!

Subs:
~If your foe uses Rain Dance or Double team, after you safeguard, use Sandstorm

100FangCroconaw
17th April 2003, 05:38 PM
A ground-type.:rolleyes: Well lets just show him that a sheep can beat a shrew.

Safeguard~Swift~Dynamic Punch

Jarreddo
18th April 2003, 01:28 AM
I would like to offer my abilities as referee, however, I do not currently use a fatigue percentage counter. Due to this and the fact that I am about to go to bed, I am merely posting an offer to see if you would accept my refereeing this battle.

Of course, I can't tell if anyone has accepted the position already(possibly even writing a reffing as I post this), so sorry if this is the case.

And by the way, I object to your abuse of capitalization in the topic post, specifically the phrase "Let's Battle". XP

Dark Dragonite
19th April 2003, 06:15 PM
Thanks Jarreddo, It'd Be Great If You Would Ref For This Match, i Believe My Opponent Agrees To You Reffing As Well.

By The Way, Do You Like This Capitalization Better??

Jarreddo
19th April 2003, 06:25 PM
Sorry I'm late...

---~=Dark Dragonite vs 100FangCroconaw-Begin Part I Round I=~---

--~=Open Field-Fine=~--

--~=Woolly-M Flaaffy-100%-Fine=~--
-~=Safeguard-Swift-Dynamic Punch=~-

--~=Armadeus-M Sandshrew-100%-Fine=~--
-~=Safeguard-Double Team-Toxic=~-

A serene view is the backdrop of today's production, the large shady oaks rustling in the breeze. That same wind ripples across the surface of the lake lightly, then passes on in to the deep blue sky. Wildlife currently out of sight make various calls, carried faintly to the ears over a distance. It is truly a soothing sight.

But then that fades from attention as the actual battle comes to attention. Blinding bursts of light fade quickly, revealing two creatures alien to this environment. At once the tranquility is disturbed, trainers barking their orders and bringing about the sound of paws striking the ground from the wild Pokemon that know what is coming. And then the two battlers burst in to movement.

But they don't trade blows just yet. Instead, they both concentrate and wave their hands around, invoking a mysterious power their bloodlines acquired somewhere down the line. Small star-shaped shields of concentrated energy form and circle them, protecting their bodies from lasting forms of harm.

And then the actual fight begins. Armadeus closes his eyes again, focusing energy in to the space on either side of him. Within seconds, he has created perfect illusionary copies of himself. But Woolly just grins, sweeping his arms around. Small energy projectiles formed in to tiny five-pointed shapes launch from his hands, flying straight in to each of the Sandshrew. They fly straight through all but the one on the far right, putting holes through the deceptions which spread until nothing is left. The last one feels them jab in to his skin, but the few that strike the real rodent do very little.

As soon as the barrage is finished, the larger mammal charges forwards. Dashing quickly, the sheep raises a fist and tenses his arm muscles, preparing for the strongest punch he can manage. Seeing the oncoming strike, the shrew begins to panic and lunges out of the way. However, he still manages to lash out weakly with a clawed paw, putting small cuts on Woolly's side. The scratches begin festering with a horrible poison, but the small barrier of stars from before concentrates on to that point and the infection is gone. Meanwhile, the unfortunate sheep struggles against his own momentum, but cannot stop on time and runs in to the small body of water. Losing his footage on the wet rocks, he falls face-first in to the water, but quickly gets back up and glares at the small rodent on the shore.

---~=Dark Dragonite vs 100FangCroconaw-End Part I Round I=~---

--~=Open Field-Fine-Wild animals going in to hiding=~--

--~=Woolly-M Flaaffy-95%-Minisculely tired, most of a Safeguard barrier, in the water=~--

--~=Armadeus-M Sandshrew-92%-Minisculely tired, full Safeguard barrier=~--

EDIT: Forgot about some of the Safeguard.

100FangCroconaw
19th April 2003, 07:24 PM
Jarreddo, I have no problem with you reffing, but what about Woollys safeguard?

Dark Dragonite
20th April 2003, 11:50 PM
I'm just posting to let my opponent know Jarreddo edited the safeguard you were wondering about in, so you may post your attacks freely!!:D

Dark Dragonite
27th April 2003, 10:12 AM
Just bumping, DQ is 1 week, since it wasn't posted before, but I'm not calling it, seeing as my opponent hasn't been on since the 19th, just hope you can post attacks soon 100fc!!

100FangCroconaw
30th April 2003, 08:10 PM
I'm sorry but I've been busy for the last few days, now i'll post.

Rain Dance~Body Slam~Dynamicpunch

Dark Dragonite
30th April 2003, 11:33 PM
Armadeus, it's time to show your foe why a shrew will bleat a sheep anytime!!(I had to)

Now, start off by using the rain to our advantage, Mud-Slap to it's eyes!! Next, Earthquake to bring on the pain, and I would like you to finish with a Dig to avoid the attack, and bring more hurting to the poor electric type!!

Jarreddo
1st May 2003, 01:34 AM
Now, now, not very good use of the environment, you two. XP

---~=100FangCroconaw vs Dark Dragonite - Begin Round 2=~---

--~=Open Field-Wild animals going in to hiding=~--

--~=Woolly-M Flaaffy-95%-Minisculely tired, most of a Safeguard barrier, in the water=~--
-~=Rain Dance-Body Slam-Dynamic Punch=~-

--~=Armadeus-M Sandshrew-92%-Minisculely tired, full Safeguard barrier=~--
-~=Mud Slap-Earthquake-Dig=~-

Bending over, Armadeus grabs as big a handful of dirt and grass as he can... Raising it over his head momentarily, he flings it as hard as his little arms possibly could. However, on the recieving end, Woolly has other plans. Diving(literally) to one side, the sheep resurfaces somewhere he can actually get a foothold as the projectile sinks in to the deeps uselessly. Enacting some childish dance, the larger mammal begins waving his arms around in long sweeping motions, summoning the clouds to him. And they come. The tranquil blue skies are blocked out by rolling columns of grey, and then the last small barrage of sunlight is replaced by a torrent of biting rain. And the Sandshrew certainly feels this, shivering and suffering.

His indirect assault complete, Woolly begins wading towards the shore and his small target. However, angry at the abysmal weather he hates oh so much, Armadeus has other plans. Crouching down and coiling all four limbs, he jumps up in to the air and pounds in to the ground, literally sending ripples through the earth. The sheep stops moving as he watches the assault shoot towards him, which turns out to be a mistake... The tremors reach the water and transfer some of their force to the body of liquid, bringing up the greatest churning the small lake has ever seen. And the poor hoofed creature is stuck in this, for though he was near the edge at the beginning, a swift wave knocks him back in to the deeper areas. He is tossed around in the clashing currents like a rag doll, until finally he realizes he is not gyrating wildly any more. Still, disoriented and shaken as he is, it takes him several moments to get his feet on a surface... And as it turns out, the lake is now missing a bit of its water. Still, his progress is slow as he seeks solid ground, and the one who has caused this cataclysm. After all, a soggy, dizzy woolen creature does not an Olympic swimmer make.

As it turns out, the small rodent is nowhere to be found. Immediately after the earth settled down, Armadeus took to the ground, burrowing with uncanny speed dwarfed only by a Diglett family's. Seeking out the vibrations in the dirt, he prepares for his greatest assault of fury... That abysmal wannabe french poodle will pay. However, it seems he has forgotten exactly where his prey was... Coming up at the feet of his target, he is surprised to find himself underwater. And he is very displeased. Crying out, kicking and flailing, he hardly manages to do anything but kick up some mud and slightly scratch Woolly. Spinning around, the sheep does not waste any time before raising his fist and letting loose the strongest punch he can muster. Yelping at the impact of a powerful fist to his side, the shrew regains his senses and gets a nice grip on the ground. Dashing as quickly as he can to the relative dryness of a nearby tree, the rodent tries to shake the evil water off his hide, but in a rainstorm, that can be very difficult.

---~=100FangCroconaw vs Dark Dragonite - End Round 2=~---

--~=Open Field-Raining, wild animals fleeing the tremors, everything shaken up a bit=~--

--~=Armadeus-M Sandshrew-60%-Moderately tired, full Safeguard barrier, completely soaked, in an awful mood=~--

--~=Woolly-M Flaaffy-68%-Moderately tired, most of a Safeguard barrier, in the water, completely soaked, in an awful mood=~--

Dark Dragonite
5th May 2003, 12:23 PM
Time to make you less miserable in the rain Armadeus!!
Start off with Armadillo Steel to lessen your anguish, then go for another Mud-Slap, finish the round with an Earthquake!!

Subs:
~If Sunny day is brought out, use Double team, only after your sig has been used

Sig: Armadillo Steel
Desc: Armadeus focuses, his whole back covering with a blue aura, as his already tough scales turn to steel, lessening his water/ice weaknesses, but making him twice as weak to Fire type moves(Ex: X2 instead of X1) If hit in the stomach, will be normal weaknesses and resistances for Sandshrew. Type: Steel |Accuracy: 90% |Damage: 0% |Effects: See Above

Jarreddo
10th May 2003, 12:20 AM
Err, bumping this... 100FC, post attacks? Please? I REALLY don't want to end another battle...

Dark Dragonite
12th May 2003, 12:47 PM
Well, according to 100FC's profile, last post was 5-2-03, so I would feel bad DQing right now, if 100FC doesn't post, or get on by Friday, 5-16-03, it will have been 2 weeks, and I will ask for a DQ then

100FangCroconaw
12th May 2003, 07:22 PM
I'm sorry, been awfully busy with Fourth Grade Tests....

Woolly, use Screech, dodge, Get out of water

Jarreddo
13th May 2003, 02:49 PM
---~=100FangCroconaw vs Dark Dragonite - Begin Round 3=~---

--~=Open Field-Raining, wild animals fleeing the tremors, everything shaken up a bit=~--

--~=Armadeus-M Sandshrew-60%-Moderately tired, full Safeguard barrier, completely soaked, in an awful mood=~--
-~=Armadillo Steel, Mud Slap, Earthquake=~-

--~=Woolly-M Flaaffy-68%-Moderately tired, most of a Safeguard barrier, in the water, completely soaked, in an awful mood=~--
-~=Screech, Dodge, Exit Water=~-

Once he is sufficiently dry(stillnot nearly as dry as he'd prefer), Armadeus brings his attention back to the battle. Making sure his opponent isn't nearby, he concentrates mental power and invokes more supernatural powers... Covered in a cold blue radiance, he emerges with a metallic coating formed directly in to his skin. Now fine in the rain, but still not exactly happy with it, he glances around to locate his opponent... And then falls to the ground, wincing. A high-pitched noise, almost above the levels of human hearing, assaults his ears for a few moments and ends as he is curled in a fetal position on the wet grass.

After several moments, the shrew climbs back to his feet, his ears still ringing. There don't appear to be any physical effects, but he can't quite concentrate... Still, he knows that he must attack now. And there's his target... The sheep, still soaked, wades towards the edge of the water. Running out from under the tree, the ground Pokemon finds a spot of grass that's especially wet and curls up in to a ball. Utilizing an effect of friction that often aggravates car owners, he spins in the near-puddle, launching up a large stream of mud that flies through the air. However, Woolly was more ready than he seemed... Diving down in to the water next to him, he sits submerged as the slippery projectile collides with the surface of the water and is rendered useless.

Surfacing again and seeing the shrew preoccupied for the moment, the electric Pokemon sees his chance and makes a mad dash through the muck, heading for dry(er) land. Sloshing through the water for several moments, he finally reaches the shore and tries to shake at least a little water out of his fleece for a few moments. However, Woolly's attention snaps away from personal hygeine as a "boom" sound rocks the area. Spinning around to face his small opponent, he sees what the shrew was doing... Another ripple in the earth fills his vision as the invoked ground attack rushes over him and throws him in to the air. Landing in the upturned, muddy dirt, the sheep slowly climbs to his feet, coated in earth. Feeling altogether miserable with the combination of water and dirt, Woolly glares at the little rodent with fire in his eyes.

---~=100FangCroconaw vs Dark Dragonite - End Round 3=~---

--~=Armadeus-M Sandshrew-58%-Rather tired, steel skin, full Safeguard barrier, completely soaked=~--

--~=Woolly-M Flaaffy-48%-Pretty tired, most of a Safeguard barrier, completely soaked, covered in mud, very grumpy=~--

Dark Dragonite
21st May 2003, 11:47 AM
*sigh* Bumping from page 3 in hopes that 100FC will be back before 2 weeks again, I hope this ends soon.

Dark Dragonite
25th May 2003, 12:49 PM
Well, if things go as they have the past 2 times, 100FC should be back in the next 2 days, so I'm just bumping from page 3 again!!

Dark Dragonite
27th May 2003, 09:16 AM
Hmmm, it's been 2 weeks, which is passed DQ, and our ref is no longer in ASB, I don't need any more signs that this match is over, thank you for smiting me once again God.

I guess I get 2¥ and that Male Hoot Hoot over there!!