PDA

View Full Version : One Manga shutting down early next week

Master Rudy
24th July 2010, 06:01 AM
Well if you haven't pointed your internet broswer over towards their website lately then you'll be in for a shock:

"There is an end to everything, to good things as well."

It pains me to announce that this is the last week of manga reading on One Manga (!!). Manga publishers have recently changed their stance on manga scanlations and made it clear that they no longer approve of it. We have decided to abide by their wishes, and remove all manga content (regardless of licensing status) from the site. The removal of content will happen gradually (so you can at least finish some of the outstanding reading you have), but we expect all content to be gone by early next week (RIP OM July 2010).

So what next? We're not really sure at this point, but we have some ideas we would like to try out. Until then, the One Manga forums will remain active and we encourage all of you to continue using them. OMF has developed into a great community and it would be a shame to see that disappear.

You can also show us some love in this moment of sadness by 'liking' our brand new Facebook page. It would be nice to see just how many of you came to enjoy our 'better than peanut butter and jelly' invention.

Regardless of whether you stay with us or not, on behalf of the One Manga team, I would like to thank you all for your unwavering support over the years. Through the ups and downs you have stuck with us, and that is what kept us going.

As a certain Porky was fond of saying... That's all folks!

Time for me to go lay down and let this all sink in.

- Zabi

So yeah.....in short one of the biggest websites for manga translations is going the way of the dodo bird. Now may be a good time to go page by page and save the translations to series you may enjoy :-/

Seriously this really blows. Granted under copyright law set forth by the Berne Convention this is an illegal pratice. Even so there's a good number of series featured on their website that is not commercially avalible/translated outside of Japan. Plus I'd have to imagine a good number of the people that do this sure as hell don't do this for a living or make money off of this.

Thoughts on the matter?

chaos_redefined
25th July 2010, 01:50 AM
I'm gonna have to go find some other place to find my mangas. Mangafox sucks, but it appears to be my best bet...

Neo
25th July 2010, 01:56 PM
NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
reborn
bleach
others i never started :(:(:(

chaos_redefined
25th July 2010, 07:44 PM
At the very least, bleach will still be up on mangafox, mangavolume, stoptazmo, etc... Don't know about reborn, since I haven't ever done anything with it. Unfortunately, my list of manga is a lot less common, so far, mangafox is the only place that has them.

Neo
25th July 2010, 11:30 PM
At the very least, bleach will still be up on mangafox, mangavolume, stoptazmo, etc... Don't know about reborn, since I haven't ever done anything with it. Unfortunately, my list of manga is a lot less common, so far, mangafox is the only place that has them.

lol cools, thanks :1

Deadwood_Zen
25th July 2010, 11:33 PM
Ugh... MangaStream here it goes :/

OneManga will always be the shit.

Lady Vulpix
26th July 2010, 08:42 AM
Thanks for the heads up! I'll switch to MangaShare for Naruto and finish readig (or at least downloading) KotAL before they close.

chaos_redefined
26th July 2010, 10:58 PM
Mangafox is the most comprehensive place I know, which is it's own drawback: The most recent list is full of shit you don't care about.

A lot of other places don't have the range of series that onemanga has.

Rossymore
27th July 2010, 07:09 AM
Ah, biscuits. I used that place to read the Pokemon Manga. I got up to the G/S Arc (VS Skarmory, I do believe). It's a shame that it's going, as I quite liked the Pokemanga. ;_;

chaos_redefined
29th July 2010, 01:39 AM
Here you go, rossy. It's a late pressie from the fake xmas tree: http://somemanga.com/manga/Pokemon_Special/

Mr. Brightside
3rd August 2010, 05:11 AM
Bloody Shoopufs! I was on vacation and now i find out this! I was reading Tegami Bachi and Pokemon there! FUCK VIZ MEDIA! It takes them 6 months to release the next Tegami Bachi volume! We're on second while there are ten in Japan! And i was just about to start the fourth!

I'm so pissed!

chaos_redefined
4th August 2010, 06:03 PM
I repeat...

www.somemanga.com
www.mangafox.com

You should be able to find your manga at one of those 2.

classy_cat18
4th August 2010, 10:03 PM
Manga Fox doesn't do licensed manga anymore. I should know; I couldn't find Bleach or Skip Beat on there anymore. *sighs*

chaos_redefined
6th August 2010, 03:12 AM
http://somemanga.com/manga/Pokemon_Special/
http://somemanga.com/manga/Tegami_Bachi/
http://somemanga.com/manga/Bleach/
http://somemanga.com/manga/Skip_Beat/

Any other requests?

firepokemon
6th August 2010, 04:04 AM
Online manga aggregators are the pits anyway.

chaos_redefined
6th August 2010, 05:27 AM
Pfft. Makes it so I can read some of the manga I read.