PDA

View Full Version : The seven horcruxes of Harry Potter

abunaidesu
25th July 2010, 11:10 PM
via comic-con.

http://www.ugo.com/movies/comic-con-2010-harry-potter-deathly-hallows-horcruxes?cmpid=0201

i still think the movie is going to be terrible.

Katie
25th July 2010, 11:58 PM
I will probably go into it bitching, come out of it bitching, but I have such a huge nerdboner for this stupid series I will still go to the midnight release and watch it every. single. time. it comes on ABCFamily's HP weekends.

Oh my dear Harry <3

Drago
27th July 2010, 12:15 AM
i still think the movie is going to be terrible.
movie(s)? I thought they were splitting the Hallows into two films? Or has that been debunked? All I know, is I don't think I could sit through two more movies of Bonnie Wright. Ugh.

Deadwood_Zen
27th July 2010, 12:27 AM
I will probably go into it bitching, come out of it bitching, but I have such a huge nerdboner for this stupid series I will still go to the midnight release and watch it every. single. time. it comes on ABCFamily's HP weekends.
A. Men.

Zak
27th July 2010, 04:27 AM
The move (part one) comes out right on my birthday this time, so I'm probably gonna see it at midnight anyway. I've never gone to those before for HP, but my friends are probably gonna drag me there... after all, in the past they've all come out either in July, or a day or two apart from my birthday.

abunaidesu
27th July 2010, 01:37 PM
THE PRINCE'S TALE

Crystal Mew
27th July 2010, 03:40 PM
I haven't read the last book yet...I still got a few months

Zak
27th July 2010, 04:47 PM
THE PRINCE'S TALE

Think you'll have to wait until July for that. ;)

What I don't understand is, if they're going all out with the Horcruxes, why didn't they introduce a few of them in the previous movie like the book did?

abunaidesu
27th July 2010, 05:09 PM
Because the movies had terrible directors.

I didn't like the seventh book, although The Prince's Tale is one of my favorite HP chapters ever.

Austrian ViceMaster Alex
28th July 2010, 02:16 PM
I like the Cup, I'd put that on my mantle piece ... if I had one.

abunaidesu
28th July 2010, 04:01 PM
I just realized that those goons (aka WB) changed the final horcrux of Nagini to the Time Turner. What the fuck!

Heald
28th July 2010, 06:23 PM
It clearly says 'Time Turner - used by Hermione Granger in Prisoner of Azkaban' or something. Nothing has been changed. And even if it has, so what? The previous 6 movies have had some error in them anyway and have been terrible adaptations of the books. Why should the final book (inexplicably stretched out over two films, probably to squeeze as much blood out of the stone as possible before it runs out) be any different?

abunaidesu
28th July 2010, 06:34 PM
The time turner isn't a horcrux, WB modified the story as though it were. The TT was in Prisoner of Azkaban but it is not a horcrux in the series, so what do you mean nothing has changed? :rolleyes:

Telume
28th July 2010, 08:15 PM
This is why you should never watch movies based on book series kids, THEY ALWAYS SUCK AND ARE HORRIBLY INACCURATE.

:rolleyes:

Deadwood_Zen
28th July 2010, 08:57 PM
Watchmen and V for Vendetta weren't too bad.

...Well, V was AH-MAY-ZING to say the least.

Pichu Luver
28th July 2010, 09:50 PM
*blink* To defy the hate bandwagon, I like all the films and love first and the third one. I'll probably get squawked at for saying so, but the whole reason I checked the books out in the first place was 'cause I went, saw and loved the first movie. Lol. There are problems with the series, no doubt, but it could have been at lot worse.

As for the article, it's not a Horcrux. It's just on display as part of the Comic-Con Harry Potter stuff. There was a lot more there then just those seven items. Here (http://www.the-leaky-cauldron.org/2010/7/22/photos-of-horcruxes-and-hallows-props-from-deathly-hallows-featured-at-san-diego-comic-con). As Heald said, if you get a closer look (http://mimg.ugo.com/201007/51875/horcurx-5.jpg) at the picture it says "Used by Hermione Granger (Emma Watson) to control time. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban."

The time turner isn't a horcrux, WB modified the story as though it were.

Where does WB say that it is now a Horcrux? It's just a confused reporter commenting on a photo.

Heald
29th July 2010, 05:46 AM
The time turner isn't a horcrux, WB modified the story as though it were. The TT was in Prisoner of Azkaban but it is not a horcrux in the series, so what do you mean nothing has changed? :rolleyes:

Where does WB say that it is now a Horcrux? It's just a confused reporter commenting on a photo.
:wizard:

Katie
29th July 2010, 11:34 AM
Nagini better stay a horcrux, I want Neville to have his awesomely metal moment in film format.

Zak
29th July 2010, 01:55 PM
Wait a minute... never mind the Timeturner/Nagini conflict, what about Harry? Is he not a Horcrux?

That would leave... the thin pointy thing in the bottom middle, what the heck is that? The ones I remember from the books are, the other five things we see (minus the Timeturner and the bottom-middle thing) plus Nagini and Harry.

Am I missing something?

Also it's been a while since I've seen any of the movies, but did any of them even introduce Nagini? I know they left out the part about Dumbledore theorizing what the horcruxes are, and don't even remember if they specified the ring and diary as them. Did Nagini appear at the beginning of GoF?

EDIT: Oh, so it's the Elder Wand. But still, that was definitely not a horcrux either iirc. It was one of the "Deathly Hallows". I hope WB doesn't modify the story to make it one as well!

DivineAll
29th July 2010, 02:01 PM
According to the image photos, that's the Elder Wand, the plot point of the Deathly Hallows, as well as one of said titular objects. Looks more like a fancy walking stick than a wand to me.

Heald
29th July 2010, 02:34 PM
The thread title is incredibly misleading. It is a collection of 7 pictures from some PR thing that WB have done and the person reporting on it has mistakenly called them the 7 Horcruxes. Not that I'm defending WB here, but at least get pissy with them over mistakes/changes they have actually made, instead of what some moron on some website has done.

Telume
29th July 2010, 02:36 PM
Wait a minute... never mind the Timeturner/Nagini conflict, what about Harry? Is he not a Horcrux?

That would leave... the thin pointy thing in the bottom middle, what the heck is that? The ones I remember from the books are, the other five things we see (minus the Timeturner and the bottom-middle thing) plus Nagini and Harry.

Am I missing something?

Also it's been a while since I've seen any of the movies, but did any of them even introduce Nagini? I know they left out the part about Dumbledore theorizing what the horcruxes are, and don't even remember if they specified the ring and diary as them. Did Nagini appear at the beginning of GoF?

EDIT: Oh, so it's the Elder Wand. But still, that was definitely not a horcrux either iirc. It was one of the "Deathly Hallows". I hope WB doesn't modify the story to make it one as well!

The 4th one introduced Nagini, slithering past the house keeper at the beginning.

Heald
29th July 2010, 02:39 PM
Also, I'm loving the outrage of HP nerds on that website with the photos. One person is screaming about how the Deathly Hallows weren't Horcruxes, when the Resurrection Stone actually was one.

Andrew
29th July 2010, 04:16 PM
What? The Resurrection Stone is a horacrux?

I thought it was:

The Diary
Harry's Scar
The Ring
The Cup
The Diadiem
The Snake
The Locket

Then the hallows were - The Elder Wand which I still don't understand how Draco Malfoy was the 'owner' of it before Harry took it.
The Ressurection Stone which was in the old Snitch which Harry opened when he was going to see Voldemort to get killed.
The Invisibility Cloak which his father had.

Heald
29th July 2010, 04:30 PM
The stone was in the ring, but Voldemort didn't know it was a Hallow when he made it a Horcrux.

Also, Malfoy was the person who disarmed Dumbledore, who was the previous owner of the Elder Wand, therefore transferring ownership. Then the first person to disarm Malfoy was Harry, despite the fact Malfoy wasn't using the Elder Wand, through magical means (i.e. bullshit) the Elder Wand recognised Harry Potter.

Magmar
1st August 2010, 08:12 AM
I'm pretty sure the "mystery thin thing" is the Basilisk fang Harry used to destroy the Diary.

Drago
1st August 2010, 12:36 PM
...I never realised how many TPMers actually read the Potter books. Seems like more than in the last HP thread. Fancy that!