PDA

View Full Version : Darthy's 16 and 8-Quadruple Double Tag Team Extravaganza!

Darth CookieMonster
26th July 2010, 03:48 PM
You Have Been Invited To:
Darth Cookiemonster's 16 and 8-Quadruple Double Tag Team!

This Is hopefully going to be a smash. Basically you duke it out with everyone. Its quite fun.

Rulers Are:
-Every Partiparticipant chooses 8 pokemon from their Team.
-Then, you pick a partner to have by your side as you duke it out with all the other pairs.
-The way it goes is, there are 4 PAIRS battling at a time. Each with two pokemon out.

Example:
Elf and Blade
VS
Darthy and Darkly
VS
MeLo and Charles
VS
Mew Master and Oslo

(completely random, so no comments please.. *cough* blade *cough* :D )

Elf and Blade:
Elf- Wildfire and Seraph
Blade- Thunderhand and Dorrie

Darthy and Darkly:
Darthy: Two of mine
Darkly: Two of his

etc.

understand? good.

now mind you battlers, there are 16 pokemon out on the field right now. so you have to be very careful. Ref has to be very commited. VERY commited. I would like it if the person reffing it would be not a potential battler because we need poeple.

Summary:
4 pairs
8 pokemon per person
Two out at a time
Can switch between pokemon (this takes to "attacks." one for the returning of one pokemon and the second for the bringing forth of the next pokemon)
No Dam Cap
No Banned Moves
DQ: 4 Days

Arena:
This 16 and 8-Quadruple Double Tag Team Battles Theme is.... *Drumroll*

Spear Pillar
Its pretty much spear pillar. A bunch of broken pillars, and cracked ground. moss and vines growing everywhere, and a little creek around the front where the big stone stairs are.

Oh it is also required that every partnership must have a Super Awesome Brawlerific Name. Duh

PARTICIPANTS:
Myself
RL
Rossymore
Greyfox
Ayeun
Papabopp

Pair One:

Pair Two:

Pair Three:

Pair Four:

NO RUSH. IF YOU ARE FULL ON BATTLES RIGHT NOW AND WANT TO PARTICIPATE, THEN WAIT TILL YOU ARE DONE WITH ONE AND THEN SIGN UP HERE.

NEED TWO MORE

DarkestLight
26th July 2010, 03:55 PM
Every pokemon that does not have natural gills breathes using a aqua lung kind of thing. Every non water pokemon is -2 automatically, and Water moves are boosted, x1.5. Fire moves dont work, niether does weather moves. Anything else is okay. Electric Moves are x1.5 as well.

-2 what?

Mew Master
26th July 2010, 04:37 PM
My comment mirrors DL's.

DarkestLight
26th July 2010, 06:52 PM
- 2 LEGS!! OH NO!!!

Darth CookieMonster
26th July 2010, 07:21 PM
-2 speed. sorry about the confusion guys :(

its logic when you think about it. can YOU swim as fast as an aquatic creature? didnt think so. so i think its smart to say that -2 speed for any not water pokemon :)

Mew Master
26th July 2010, 09:16 PM
But can some fish walk as fast as ppl? Do we give them -5 speed on land then :D?!

Rossymore
27th July 2010, 06:15 AM
Since I'm in no battles whatsoever (cos I suck at that), I think I shall re- nah, even I'm not THAT mad. I shall, however, participate.
I shall use Ottern, my male Floatzel, with Swift Swim (useless!) and Hakuryu, my female Dragonair with Shed Skin.

Does Dragonair have to have a speed loss?

DarkestLight
27th July 2010, 06:27 AM
Yeah, there we go. Dragonair/Dratini aren't fish but they can swim :O.

RaZoR LeAf
27th July 2010, 07:42 AM
Wouldn't it just be easier to ban 'fish' that can't realistically survive on land, or us the anime's way of having them floating magically in the air, rather than an aqua lung and masses of stat changes that's going to confuse the ref more than necessary in an already intense match?

Also since I've free slots, I'll take part with Ewango (m) Girafarig with Early Bird, and Vesuvius (m) Magmar with Flame Body

And my super Brawlerific name will be RaMpAgInG RaZoR LeAf!

Rossymore
27th July 2010, 07:47 AM
Oh yeah, brawl name for me will be RAWRsymore! Geddit?

Kurosakura
27th July 2010, 07:50 AM
This is-- What the-- OMG MY BATTLE SLOTS.

~__~ I think I'll have to pass. Curses.

On a related note, I think that any Pokemon that can learn Surf shouldn't be allowed to take a speed loss. :D

Greyfox
27th July 2010, 08:13 AM
But that means rhydon won't have a speed loss, and that's just weird. =/

Aaaanyway, can I play too? I can be the Rawrbiter. I'll use my blastoise, Levi, and my dragonair, Konig. Both male.

Mew Master
27th July 2010, 11:55 AM
I think that the names for the teams are what he was talking about guys. You guys are on two tag-team matches with another trainer, and what your combined team name is.

Like if me an Blade joined up it would be :Team RaNdOmNeZz

Darth CookieMonster
27th July 2010, 12:22 PM
Alright, there is alot of confusion.
I understand. Let me just clear it up.

Mew Master: This entire thing is completely underwater. no land, so no -5 on land or anything.

And yes, you are correct on the Team Name idea. You and whoever you partner is SHARE a team name.

RaZoR: I get ur point. There is alot of confusing stuff.

DL: Dont worry about it, im fixing the main post.

The Arena is now Spear Pillar. So no more confusion about the stat changes. Just all out battling.

FEEL FREE TO CHANGE YOUR POKEMON SELESCTIONS

papabopp
28th July 2010, 12:37 AM
1. i want in this shit
2. reading this thread confused the shit outa me because it said the arena was gonna be spear pillar and then there was all that wata talk
3.we choose 2 of our pokemon? is there any chance we can get our teammate before we choose our pokes so we dont end up having an awful type combination cuz thatd be shitty
4.i keep sayin shit an idk why...
5. shit

Ayeun
28th July 2010, 01:43 AM
Well I'm sold. I have an open slot too... So

I will be in, la Bella & Buzzer.

Also, I call shotgun on Oslo as my partner, if he joins. If he doesn't, I will take whoever chooses me!

Rossymore
28th July 2010, 04:22 AM
If he doesn't, I will take whoever chooses me!
Giggity?

I mean, erm, I shall withdraw my Dragonair and instead send out Bakphoon, my Typhlosion with Blaze.

Darth CookieMonster
28th July 2010, 08:19 AM
Alright, Thanks for joining papa and Ayeun. :D

Papa, you choose to pokemon now, but you have to have 8 to battle.

Ayeun, you cant choose partners until we have enough people.

Mew Master, did you join? Im not sure...

TWO MORE!

papabopp
28th July 2010, 02:27 PM
*cough* misspelled my name* *cough participants list *cough*coughy coughy KOFFING
ok dats cool ill go with sandstorm(trapinch) male hyper cutter and Elektro(elektrike) male static

Mew Master
28th July 2010, 03:13 PM
Can't join, in too many battles already that aren't going to end soon.

Darth CookieMonster
28th July 2010, 05:01 PM
*cough* misspelled my name* *cough participants list *cough*coughy coughy KOFFING

Edited papabopP...

Also I am Starting with Lina, my female Lucario, and Leviath my male Gyarados.

Darth CookieMonster
29th July 2010, 09:08 PM
Sorry four Double Post everyone...

But if we dont get Two more people, we are just going to start this as a 14 and 8-Triple Double Tag Team Extravaganza

papabopp
1st August 2010, 11:30 PM
im good with that

Darth CookieMonster
2nd August 2010, 03:12 PM
I really want two more though

Dogfish44
10th August 2010, 11:56 AM
Bumping myself into this ^^

I'll be in with Sir Ohm Jr. my Voltorb (Soundproof IIRC) and Homer J.Simpson, my male Swalot (Sticky Hold).

However, I might be a bit slow on the first couple of weeks, so feel free to ignore me.
And Oslo wants in as well IIRC, so that will make 8. Yay!

Oslo
10th August 2010, 12:05 PM
If someone wants to come along and take my spot, though, by all means, go ahead. I'm full up on battles right now with the exception of one available slot I'm keeping empty for the All-Comers Challenge. Since I can't say when any of my battles will end, someone can absolutely nab the eighth spot.

Darth CookieMonster
10th August 2010, 12:49 PM
So Do you want me to start this up?

Oslo
10th August 2010, 12:59 PM
Well, like I said, I'm full up on slots with the exception of the one I'm keeping empty for Blade's challenge. You'll either have to find someone else or wait until a battle of mine ends before you can start anything, right?

Dogfish44
10th August 2010, 01:06 PM
I only see Ayeun and ccw, add in blade's match (Gym match don't count according to DL last time I read) and this is #4.

EDIT - Missed DL *gets shot*.

Oslo
10th August 2010, 01:08 PM
I'm battling Darkly, too.

EDIT: Har har har. :P

Darth CookieMonster
10th August 2010, 04:33 PM
Alright... now the fun part. PARTNERS.

Our Contenders

Darth Cookiemonster
RL
Rossymore
Greyfox
Ayeun
Papabopp
DogFish
Oslo

Both people have to agree on a partnership, and no fighting over poeploe. Do this maturely :D

Me and RaZoR talked already, and we will be the first Partnered set. so we are out of the picking.

Ready.... PICK!

*cuts the red ribbon*

Dogfish44
10th August 2010, 05:27 PM
Oslo isn't in yet, although I suspect he will have a slot soon (I only said I thought he was in because Ayeun and himself wanted to team up.... Pineapple fans ^_^;; )
Anyway, whoever wants to go with me, I'm available.

papabopp
11th August 2010, 03:39 AM
im available to anyone though preferably someone who has sent out pokemon that pair favorably with mine Elektro(Elektrike m static) sandstorm(Trapinch m hyper cutter)

Darth CookieMonster
11th August 2010, 03:11 PM
Dogfish and Papabopp, you wanna be partners?

justy trying to move it along

Dogfish44
11th August 2010, 04:25 PM
OK, fine by me.

papabopp
11th August 2010, 11:34 PM
ya itd be ok with me...as long as DFs pokes dont try any thing weird with mine. Yeah thats right, ive seen your previous sigs. lol
do we have a ref(s) for this yet?
an how are we deciding wich pair fights wich pair 1st?

Darth CookieMonster
12th August 2010, 03:42 PM
alright papa... to answer your questions... i already took care of the ref thing.. DL is pretty sure he is up for it.

and ALL the teams are ALL fighting at the same time. Thats why it is challenging, you have to be aware of four other teams on the field. In total there is gonna be 16 pokemon on the field.

papabopp
12th August 2010, 07:09 PM
...holy shit... i...didnt realize that...ok then...DF wanna come up with some sort of strategy/plan idea thing?

Darth CookieMonster
12th August 2010, 07:18 PM
thats expected

DarkestLight
12th August 2010, 08:43 PM
This is alive? Ha. Well seeing as I have hardly any other reffings going on, I'm sure I can drive myself batcrap crazy....

papabopp
13th August 2010, 01:47 PM
we gonna get the other pairs together?

Darth CookieMonster
13th August 2010, 02:39 PM
well of course they have to pick their partners

Ayeun
15th August 2010, 06:17 PM
I already called OSLO as my partner, assuming he wants to team with me.

We will be team PINEAPPLE DUCKS ARE AWESOME, or PDAA!

Oslo
15th August 2010, 06:36 PM
Accepted! :D

Still waiting on an open slot, though.

papabopp
20th August 2010, 10:28 PM
...im slighlty aggravated now...umm i dont know ifits just me and my AMAZING POWERS OF DEDUCTION or your all just ...um...stupid? BUT believe it or not we have all the pairs together
DCM and RL
oslo and ayeun
DF and i
and Greyfox and Rossymore are together through process of elimination
sorry but its annoying haven a battle slot taken up if its a battle thats not really happening
lets do this?

Oslo
20th August 2010, 10:34 PM
Nobody's stupid, Papabopp.

I'm sensing general disinterest among the participants. We might want to declare this battle dead and move on.

Darth CookieMonster
21st August 2010, 06:33 PM
Please forgive me of my abscence, ill be back in week...

papabopp
29th August 2010, 07:58 PM
this suck its dead. if its still gonna happen im in but...