PDA

View Full Version : NFL 2010: Lions, Bengals and Bears. Oh my!

Drago
29th July 2010, 10:18 AM
Current trending topic: TO is a Bengal. The reason I see him slipping to third on the depth chart is because Antonio Bryant has more in the tank at this point. I see TO finding himself looking similar to Donte Stallworth when he moved to the Patriots; largely forgotten.

By year two, TO might even be out, allowing Bryant to reclaim 81.

Mr.E
2nd August 2010, 04:31 PM
You say that as if Donte Stallworth was ever "remembered" before he was on the Patriots, lol. TO is a BAMF.

Bear
2nd August 2010, 06:13 PM
I think TO has plenty left in the tank, but Palmer doesn't. If TO doesn't make an impact it will be because of Carson, not himself. Here's an interesting idea: TO as a Steeler? Not that it would ever happen, just sayin.

Master Rudy
3rd August 2010, 11:20 PM
I think TO has plenty left in the tank, but Palmer doesn't. If TO doesn't make an impact it will be because of Carson, not himself. Here's an interesting idea: TO as a Steeler? Not that it would ever happen, just sayin.

You should be ashamed over that comment James :P

Master Rudy
4th August 2010, 02:28 AM
Well I wouldn't call it official just yet. However the Minneapolis Star Tribune is reporting that Brett Favre is indeed retiring. Apparently the ankle injury hs suffered in the NFC Championship game this past year is requiring surgery that he has not had.

This being Brett I'd take it with a grain of salt. However if he's elected to not have that surgery then I guess it's safe to say that he's finally calling it quits. If this is the case what do you guys think is next for him? Broadcasting or coaching?

Deadwood_Zen
5th August 2010, 12:16 AM
Eagles got rid of McNabb and Vick, so I'm happy and proud to be an Eagles fan again :]

Drago
5th August 2010, 02:50 AM
Eagles fans continue to earn their reputation as the league's worst. Donovan McNabb was one of, if not the, best QBs in Eagles history. He took the Eagles to more NFC championship games than I can remember, and fought so hard in the Super Bowl he was vomiting between plays. He's a smart guy, a classy guy, and a guy who worked his ass off for the city of Philadelphia.

I hope the Redskins win the Super Bowl, I hope Kevin Kolb struggles mightily (sorry To throw Kolb under the bus), I hope that little weasel DeSean Jackson begs for McNabb back and I hope Philly are buried in the division for years to come. No gratitude for one of the great players of this generation.

MToolen
5th August 2010, 07:42 AM
I care more about college football than the NFL, so whatever good the Rams happen to accomplish this season will impress me enough.

BAHAHAHAHAHA

Alright, couldn't say that with a straight face. But can you blame me?

Mr.E
7th August 2010, 08:44 PM
I'd care more about college football too if I was a Rams fan.

Deadwood_Zen
7th August 2010, 08:55 PM
Eagles fans continue to earn their reputation as the league's worst. Donovan McNabb was one of, if not the, best QBs in Eagles history. He took the Eagles to more NFC championship games than I can remember, and fought so hard in the Super Bowl he was vomiting between plays. He's a smart guy, a classy guy, and a guy who worked his ass off for the city of Philadelphia.

I hope the Redskins win the Super Bowl, I hope Kevin Kolb struggles mightily (sorry To throw Kolb under the bus), I hope that little weasel DeSean Jackson begs for McNabb back and I hope Philly are buried in the division for years to come. No gratitude for one of the great players of this generation.
He was just another stuck-up, over-payed player. Maybe if he was a little more humble, and actually played during the last few seasons, I wouldn't hate him so much.

kainashi
8th August 2010, 11:52 PM
he only missed 4 games the past 3 seasons ?_?

Master Rudy
9th August 2010, 01:19 AM
he only missed 4 games the past 3 seasons ?_?

Yep.....which is why I'm going to say typical Philly fan. These are the people who booed at Santa Claus after all :-/

Deadwood_Zen
9th August 2010, 02:32 AM
I was raised by a Philly fan. By birth and hometown(ish), I'm Oakland and Portland.

Master Rudy
10th August 2010, 08:34 AM
Figured this video slideshow I made would get everyone in the mood for some football :P

4CjzIMMr33k

Drago
9th September 2010, 04:49 PM
I'm makin' my calls!
wfyQm7zGckk

Bear
9th September 2010, 07:13 PM
Lol, Dave Matthews Band sounded SO BAD. Oh well, football time!

Drago
9th September 2010, 07:52 PM
By year two, TO might even be out, allowing Bryant to reclaim 81.
LOL. Stupid gimpy Bryant ankle.

Bear
9th September 2010, 10:05 PM
"maybe he needs more pressure"

lol poor hartley :(

Master Rudy
9th September 2010, 10:22 PM
Silly Drago.....Jets are winning the Super Bowl this year bro.
Oh and the first bit of major off the field news: Tom Brady was involved in a car wreck. While he wasn't injured he is fully expected to blame the wreck like the little bitch he is if his first few games are bad :P

kainashi
10th September 2010, 09:02 PM
some people around here think the lions might sneak into the playoffs this year. :(

Drago
11th September 2010, 05:13 AM
They need to find a defense first. Suh + KVB is good, but they need more.

Mr.E
12th September 2010, 10:47 AM
Real football now, not just one game... !

kainashi
12th September 2010, 11:56 AM
gogo lions!

RedStarWarrior
12th September 2010, 02:20 PM
...and I'm so proud to have him in Washington.

kainashi
12th September 2010, 02:47 PM
WELP. if stafford is out for any amount of time, it'll be hard to best last year's 2 wins.

RedStarWarrior
12th September 2010, 02:59 PM
some people around here think the lions might sneak into the playoffs this year. :(
Sneak being the operative word...

Drago
12th September 2010, 07:28 PM
Titans looking supah schweeeeeet against the Raiders, who I appear to have overestimated once again. Ho-hum. Anyhow! My Monday night picks... Ludicrous stuff.

7-Q2T-lLBd8

w-fqk9xCyCA

Master Rudy
12th September 2010, 10:01 PM
Drago I think you made a mistake there in the Ravens/Jets match. You did mean to say that the score was going to be 14-0 NYJ right? :O

Drago
13th September 2010, 02:34 AM
Sorry bruz, I feel like the Ravens have more on offer right now. Will be interested to see how Santonio Holmes and Braylon Edwards go together, though. Besides, I think my picking the Chiefs is a stupider decision than Baltimore. :heh:

Bear
13th September 2010, 08:47 AM
I like the Chefs over SD.

Also Jets are overrated and aren't even going to make the playoffs, let alone the Super Bowl.

But I still kinda need them to beat the Ravens so the Steelers can be the only AFC North team to win their first game :D

Jeff
13th September 2010, 07:33 PM
The analysts before the game: "This game will be decided by turnovers" and "Joe Flacco does not throw interceptions".

*headdesk headdesk headdesk*

The_Missing_Link
13th September 2010, 09:35 PM
That was an ugly, ugly game. The Ravens have an amazing defense and the Jets's offense sucks

Master Rudy
13th September 2010, 09:35 PM
Ugh.....that game was just ugly all over. However I am taking into consideration that it was the Ravens they were playing against. At only 0-1 I'm not worried......yet......

Jeff
13th September 2010, 10:19 PM
Whew. There was definitely some ugly on both sides in that game. Two possessions = two turnovers for the Ravens at the very beginning, along with that interception all putting the Ravens behind that 6-point deficit, but the Jets certainly had the short end of the stick in that game. Sure the Ravens defense was what was keeping them from converting all those 3rd downs, but then there were all those penalties and one big WTF moment at the end with that failed 4th down conversion that cost the Jets the game.

All in all, a really messy start, but it's still early and I'm sure both teams will come around, and I'm exited about what I'm seeing from the Ravens.

Drago
14th September 2010, 12:58 AM
2-0 in my predictions.
Titans win.
1-0 in TPM fantasy ball.
2nd overall in other fantasy league.

...I can't remember the last time I started a season so well. :D

EDIT: + Week 2 prediction: Saints @ Niners
5_tkY9ynYcw

Drago
3rd November 2010, 06:25 PM
HOLY FUCKING SHIT TWO MONTH TOPIC NECRO FOR RANDY MOSS IS A TITAN.

Honest to god, the single biggest signing by the Titans in my time as a Titans fan. Like, amazing. You just don't think of the Titans as going after the big-name guys; before this, the biggest name was like Alge Crumpler. This is incredible. So exciting.

kainashi
3rd November 2010, 09:32 PM
hopefully he decides to actually show up. my fantasy team could use him again!

Master Rudy
4th November 2010, 12:56 AM
HOLY FUCKING SHIT TWO MONTH TOPIC NECRO FOR RANDY MOSS IS A TITAN.

Honest to god, the single biggest signing by the Titans in my time as a Titans fan. Like, amazing. You just don't think of the Titans as going after the big-name guys; before this, the biggest name was like Alge Crumpler. This is incredible. So exciting.

Hopefully he won't make an ass of himself like he did when he was with the Vikings. Just pray that the team doesn't do catering in the locker room and you'll be fine :P

Bear
4th November 2010, 09:28 AM
Young doesn't throw enough passes to satisfy Moss. He'll be lucky to last the remainder of the season without throwing a tantrum.

kainashi
7th November 2010, 03:28 PM
so close, lions. :(

Drago
7th November 2010, 10:30 PM
How could your emergency kicker ever be Ndamukong Suh?? Surely the logical option would be the punter? Surely? SURELY??!!!

Mr.E
7th November 2010, 11:27 PM
cowboys

:(

Bear
8th November 2010, 12:04 PM
How could your emergency kicker ever be Ndamukong Suh?? Surely the logical option would be the punter? Surely? SURELY??!!!

The laces were in! THEY WERE IN!!!!!!

Mr.E
8th November 2010, 02:22 PM
low point in Dallas history (http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/news/story?id=5780262)

:(

kainashi
8th November 2010, 04:33 PM
about time.

woz
8th November 2010, 05:12 PM
pointyball

Drago
9th November 2010, 06:00 AM
Would you hire Wade Phillips? He's had moderate success through his career, I think he could be a short-term solution for a team. I mean, he's better than Norv Turner. I can't stand Turner. He took Schottenheimer's competitive Chargers and turned them into a group of underachieving clowns.

MToolen
9th November 2010, 06:38 AM
Wait, the Rams are doing better than the Cowboys? Woohoo!

I mean, sorry for your loss. (http://www.theonion.com/articles/nation-taking-no-joy-in-cowboys-pathetic-collapse,18405/)

Bear
9th November 2010, 04:20 PM
brilliant article. A+

Ghost
26th November 2010, 12:50 AM
Giants are 6-4, Jets are 9-2. Life is good.

Unless the Giants lose... again .

:/

Master Rudy
28th November 2010, 08:09 PM
And what did we learn on Sunday? Cortland Finnegan is a little bitch......

llfxS1a4gD8

On the bright side the Jets are 9-2. All we have to do now is beat New England and that overated Justin Beiber lookalike since no one else want to do it for us :P

Bear
28th November 2010, 08:29 PM
Andre f'ed him up. Finnegan is lucky everyone stepped in because if that had continued he would have been bleeding.

Master Rudy
29th November 2010, 02:05 AM
Andre f'ed him up. Finnegan is lucky everyone stepped in because if that had continued he would have been bleeding.

From my understanding and what I've heard Andre isn't the sort of guy that would start a fistfight. If you're a tiny punk like Finn is then you best not get someone as big as Johnson angry enough to toss a punch. Andre may have thrown the first punch (upon rewatching it wasn't first but still) but just watch Finn and how rough/dirty he plays in general. Add to the fact he did this to Johnson all day Sunday AND in a game in 2009 and I guess we should be more surprised that he wasn't torn in half sooner.

Drago
29th November 2010, 02:15 AM
Y'all say Johnson is a BAMF because he's hitting Finny in the back of the head?
Umm, yeah... Whatever. Finny throws shots to the face, not in the back of someone's head like a Texan pussy.

Bear
29th November 2010, 12:49 PM
Y'all say Johnson is a BAMF because he's hitting Finny in the back of the head?
Umm, yeah... Whatever. Finny throws shots to the face, not in the back of someone's head like a Texan pussy.

Andre punched him in the back of the head because Finnegan was crouched over. You try punching someone in the face when they are bent over like that. Andre caught him with an uppercut as well when Finnegan stood up, so it's not like he was solely aiming at the back of his head. He was aiming at whatever part of his head he could reach at the time. And lol, I would love to see you call him a Texan pussy to his face. I sure as shit wouldn't. I'm not saying Finnegan is a pansy (he's an NFL player therefore he must be in good shape), I'm just saying Andre would have won that fight if it had continued. Either way both guys got ejected (which is what they deserved) and Johnson will likely get suspended (which he also deserves).

Drago
29th November 2010, 03:32 PM
I'd never call Andre a Texan pussy to his face... Fucker's been too useful in fantasy over the years. :lol:

Master Rudy
15th December 2010, 07:48 AM
Kinda surprised this topic keeps dipping down this year :-/

Anyway Favre's streak ends at 297.....Peyton Manning becomes the active leader at 205 games. He'll need to play without missing a game for 5.75 more years to beat the all time record (or just five if the NFL approves the proposal for an 18 game season)

In other news my Jets got their asses handed to them by two division rivals. The good news is that they clinch a playoff spot in the event that they win the upcoming game against the Steelers when combined with losses from the Chargers, Colts and Dolphins. On the flipside however a Pats win with a Jets loss will clinch the AFC East for them :-/

I'm just hoping that the Jets aren't going to take a third straight loss.

Bear
15th December 2010, 07:52 AM
I wouldn't count on the Jets clinching this week, but beating the Steelers is a very real possibility. If the Jets can generate enough offense they could outduel the Steelers, since their offense hasn't exactly been productive. If they can keep the Steelers' defense from running all over them, they have a good shot at it. I wouldn't count on the Clots, Chargers, and Dolphins all losing this week though, especially with who they are playing.

Master Rudy
15th December 2010, 08:00 AM
Hey I never said it was probable but it's not impossible!

In fact screw a simple clinch! If the Jets win out the rest of the season and the Pats lose out then WE'RE the AFC East champs! :D
Granted that's even more improbable but it'll be awesome if it happens! :lol:

Bear
15th December 2010, 09:04 AM
As long as it keeps snowing the Pats will never lose lol

Ghost
19th December 2010, 09:08 PM
/watched Giants game

/going to kill self

Bear
20th December 2010, 06:42 AM
/watched Giants game

/going to kill self

I felt like that for about 20 minutes after the Steelers lost. Then I realized that Karma will eventually catch up to the Jets. Steelers still clinched so I'm not worried.

Drago
20th December 2010, 06:54 AM
What a weird feeling with the Titans win. It's like: wins. I remember those. I like those. But this late in the game, is it much more than draft position dicking?

Jeff
4th January 2011, 04:13 PM
It's that time of the year again...

p3-eavMSBnk

The NFL Playoffs!

So, remember when mr_pikachu posted his playoff predictions and afterwards we all got to laugh at how far off they were? Yeah, good times, so I thought this year, I'd do the honors. So, here goes:

Wildcard Round:

Indianapolis vs. NY Jets
I'll give this one to the Jets, the Colts have been slipping this year.

Baltimore vs. Kansas City
Ravens over Chiefs for this one. Fairly safe call IMO.

Green Bay vs. Philadelphia
Both teams hold the same record, but I'll give this one to the Eagles, who beat the Packers in the regular season.

New Orleans vs. Seattle
This is a tough one to call. It's going to be a long evenly-matched struggle between the reigning Super Bowl champs and the 7-9 Seattle Seahawks... OK, enough of that... yeah, Saints.

Divisional Round:

Baltimore vs. Pittsburgh
These are two of the most evenly matched teams in the league, so this really is a tough one to call. However, the Ravens, unlike the Steelers lost by less than a touchdown in all four losses. So, I see their ability to keep the game close paying off for them in this matchup of rivals, much like it did in the first Ravens-Steelers game this season. That and I'm a Ravens fan, so I kinda have to call a close game for them.:P

New England vs. NY Jets
The Pats enter, and the Jets exit. Yeah, the Jets were able to beat the Patriots once this season, but then got their rear ends thoroughly handed to them by the same. The Patriots are on a hot streak that shows no signs of ending anytime soon.

Chicago vs. Philadelphia
This is another tough call to make, so I'll just go off of the teams' records, as close as they are, and call it for da Bears.

Atlanta vs. New Orleans
Another one I'm going to call based on good old fashioned wins. Falcons over Saints.

Conference Championships:

Baltimore vs. New England
The Ravens took the Patriots into overtime in the regular season, but I don't see that happening this time around. New England has been steamrolling over opponents lately so as much as I hate to say it, this should be an easy win for them.

Atlanta vs. Chicago
Falcons over Bears for this one. The Falcons had a good season, not only finishing with the second best record in the league, but also getting wins over teams like the Saints and Ravens, so I see them as the NFC champions.

-~- Super Bowl LXV -~-

Atlanta vs. New England
And I predict that, once again, the New England Patriots will take home the Lombardi Trophy. A team that only lost to the Jets, and for some reason the Browns, but went on to get a very commanding victory over the former later in the season.

Wild Card Divisonal Conference Super Bowl NFL Champions

Indianapolis---|
|--NY Jets-------|
NY Jets--------| |--New England--|
New England---| |
Baltimore------| |--New England--|
|--Baltimore-----| | |
Kansas City----| |--Baltimore----| |
Pittsburgh----| |
|
|--New England
Green Bay------| |
|--Philadelphia--| |
Philadelphia---| |--Chicago------| |
Chicago-------| | |
New Orleans----| |--Atlanta------|
|--New Orleans---| |
Seattle--------| |--Atlanta------|
Atlanta-------|

So, anyone else have any predictions?

Bear
4th January 2011, 09:14 PM
Wild Card Round
Saints > Seahawks
Packers > Eagles
Ravens > Chefs
Colts > Jets

Divisional Round
Packers > Falcons
Saints > Bears
Steelers > Colts
Patriots > Ravens

Championships
Packers > Saints
Patriots > Steelers ( :( )

SUPER BOWL
Packers > Patriots

Master Rudy
6th January 2011, 08:41 PM
Come on guys! Everyone knows the Super Bowl is going to be the Jets/Eagles with New York absolutely slaughtering Philly ^_~

Bear
6th January 2011, 09:19 PM
Come on guys! Everyone knows the Super Bowl is going to be the Jets/Eagles with New York absolutely slaughtering Philly ^_~

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f6/wulftk/lold.jpg

Master Rudy
16th January 2011, 11:53 PM
And the Jets have done the "impossible" (:lol:) and managed to beat New England. Next stop victim: the Steelers! :D

Jeff
17th January 2011, 08:19 AM
Next stop victim: the Steelers! :D

You think that Rudy, but you'll be watching the game, your Jets will be up by a couple touchdowns at the half and you'll feel like they're invincible. Then, all of the sudden, they'll decide to give the game away to the Steelers in the second half. That's just how it goes...

:( :mad: :cry:

Oh wait, who are we talking about? Oh yeah, the Jets, yeah... the Jets.

Bear
17th January 2011, 09:34 AM
Lol Jeff, Ravens fan are we? It's ok, as far as I'm concerned the Ravens-Steelers game WAS the AFC championship. We'll see how the Jets do this time around now that Polamalu is back and they don't get away with Pass Interference in the end zone to save the game. My guess is they used all their mojo on the Patriots.

Neoleonightz
17th January 2011, 12:10 PM
And the Jets have done the "impossible" (:lol:) and managed to beat New England. Next stop victim: the Steelers! :D

It was a sad sight to watch. My home team(Patriots) losing to the Jets! Horrible!

Master Rudy
17th January 2011, 08:57 PM
Lol Jeff, Ravens fan are we? It's ok, as far as I'm concerned the Ravens-Steelers game WAS the AFC championship. We'll see how the Jets do this time around now that Polamalu is back and they don't get away with Pass Interference in the end zone to save the game. My guess is they used all their mojo on the Patriots.

Funny.....I seem to remember you being the guy who even said your own favorite team would fall to the Pats. Yet look at what happened.....the team that was suppose to beat the Steelers lost to the Jets. Logic would dictate that this means the Jets WILL beat the Squealers since they beat the Pats and you seemed to think that the Pats would beat your team :P

Anyway the way I see it right now I'm predicting a Jets/Packers match for the Super Bowl. And I'll be honest.....while I'm hoping the Jets will win that one the Packers were one of the few teams I was actually worried about going into the playoffs. Guess we'll have to see what happens if that turns out to be the match :-/

Pokemaster Ash
18th January 2011, 12:17 AM
Heh heh heh... It sure has been an interesting post season, hasn't it? And now the biggest match of the set turns out to not be the Super Bowl, but the NFC Championship. Bears against the Packers at the other frozen tundra of Soldier Field. Heh heh... This will be so much fun, trashing those cheeseheads in front of the home crowd.

I'm think it'll be Bears and Steelers in the Super Bowl. Do you really need to ask who I think will win? *grin* Go get 'em Bears. Something special seems to be in the air this year...

Bear
18th January 2011, 09:00 AM
Eh, the reason I didn't think the Steelers could beat the Pats is because they have our number big time. For one reason or another, that team just has the right recipe for beating the Steelers. The Jets, on the other hand, have a different style and skillset, which the Steelers match up well against. Just because they beat the Pats doesn't mean they will beat the Steelers again, because that's not how the NFL works. They beat the Pats because they had the right recipe that day, not because they are a better team (which they aren't, sorry).

Drago
20th January 2011, 04:33 AM
In the biggest news in the NFL, the Titans have recently doubled their Pro Bowl numbers with CJ1.3K and Griffin getting the nod in the face of injuries. Tragically though, coach Washburn is headed to Philly, leaving the d-line in a possible state of disarray.

...Wait, what are you guys talkin 'bout?

p3-eavMSBnk

Drago
24th January 2011, 05:48 AM
So who looked more devastated on the sideline? Rex Ryan or Jay Cutler?

Bear
24th January 2011, 12:58 PM
Rex. He definitely threw his headset (I was hoping he would stomp on it too but alas :( ).

Also HERE WE GO STEELERS!

Jeff
25th January 2011, 03:57 PM
EHtttx6P7kg

Bear
25th January 2011, 06:04 PM
I like how the camera panned to him right at that moment

Drago
25th January 2011, 06:14 PM
I just realised something! Look at Bear's signature... So that's why Rex Ryan never keeps his mouth shut!!

Mr.E
26th January 2011, 05:31 PM
steelers :(

packers :(

"Fuck."

Ghost
26th January 2011, 11:10 PM
Jets lost :(

/killing myself
//waiting for next year
///realizes Eli will suck again and Sanchez will more than likely regress
////killing self again

Drago
27th January 2011, 03:47 AM
steelers :(

packers :(

"Fuck."
How can you hate on the Pack? How can you hate on Donald Driver potentially earning the ring he's fought for for eleven years?

Drago
6th February 2011, 09:59 PM
http://i.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2011/SPORT/02/06/super.bowl.packers.steelers/t1larg.rodgers.jpg

Thoughts?

The_Missing_Link
6th February 2011, 10:03 PM
It's not the Ravens but it's the next best thing

DarkestLight
6th February 2011, 10:09 PM
My status on Facebook still stands

"WAIT? They lowered Usher down on the Halftime show on a chain during Black History Month?

Jeff
7th February 2011, 05:15 AM
It's not the Ravens but it's the next best thing

This.

A thousand times this.

Mr.E
7th February 2011, 06:21 PM
How can you hate on the Pack? How can you hate on Donald Driver potentially earning the ring he's fought for for eleven years?

Driver's a pretty cool guy. (eh catches passes and doesnt afraid of anything) The media slobbering all over Aaron Rodgers is not.

Unfortunately, Rodgers MVP anyway but at least the Steelers didn't win. :rolleyes:

RedStarWarrior
7th February 2011, 08:00 PM
Fudge Packers.