PDA

View Full Version : Enigma Stone Wi-Fi Event (NA/PAL)

Starry Might
30th July 2010, 11:51 AM
PAL, North American Enigma Stone distribution announced

Event to occur July 31 through August 27

[INSERT REGIGIGAS PIC HERE]
This article was made late.
Some of its contents may be outdated.

TPCi has announced the next Wi-Fi event. The Enigma Stone will be distributed between July 31 and August 27 to PAL regions (Europe, Australia, etc.) and North America. This event will allow players of Pokémon HeartGold to catch Latios and players of Pokémon SoulSilver to catch Latias.

To download the Enigma Stone, players need to have obtained the National Pokédex and have two or fewer Wonder Cards in their possession.
Original Link (http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/PAL,_North_American_Enigma_Stone_distribution_anno unced)

I dunno what the "made late" disclaimer is about...time zones? :confused:

Anyhow, I'll do this in the near future. :)

EDIT: According to Knight of Time, you CAN get the Enigma Stone BEFORE you get the National Pokedex! (But as DarkestLight pointed out, you'd have to wait until you get to Pewter City to do anything with it.) Thanks for the heads-up, guys! :D

Darth CookieMonster
30th July 2010, 11:58 AM
I unfortunately dont have the national dex due to recent restart so... ill have to get those badges :)

Jeff
30th July 2010, 01:01 PM
Awesome, I'll finally get a Latias!

DarkestLight
30th July 2010, 07:35 PM
Yeah this is good. "Made late" is because this should have been announced a week and a half ago, and it wasn't.

Link
30th July 2010, 09:32 PM
Cool. Does this mean you can get two latios's/latias's or only one? Cuz I already see latios in kanto in my game.

Darth CookieMonster
30th July 2010, 09:41 PM
You can get 1 latios if youy have heartgold and you can get 1 latias if you have sou silver.

DarkestLight
31st July 2010, 01:27 AM
Got the Enigma Stone. Logic dictated I run to Pewter. Did so, rest of event folds out.

Fighting the blue one. SOB has refresh. Why does it have Refresh, I dun know. 12 Thunderwaves later, it sticks.

22 minutes fight.... ends with it Struggling and killing itself. -.- I dun care if I can't catch it-anything that stays out of dusk balls at 1 am is complete shenanigans and deserves to be free.

Jeff
31st July 2010, 10:14 AM
Trying to catch Latiass. Yeah, not going so well.

I mean come on, love balls are supposed to be 8x effective and it pushes them away like they're nothing.:angry:

Link
31st July 2010, 01:30 PM
You can get 1 latios if youy have heartgold and you can get 1 latias if you have sou silver.

Ok, thanks for clarifying.

Knight of Time
31st July 2010, 01:45 PM
I unfortunately dont have the national dex due to recent restart so... ill have to get those badges :)

You don't have to worry about requiring the National Dex, Darth CookieMonster, I just found out you can get the Enigma Stone even if you don't have the National Dex yet, on my SoulSilver game, I only got 1 badge in it so far due to me playing it much less than HeartGold, but I got the Enigma Stone in both games, despite having to delete a Wonder Card for each game corresponding to a gift I already got.

DarkestLight
31st July 2010, 02:16 PM
You just cant access the event til you reach Pewter City, lol.

Knight of Time
1st August 2010, 07:01 AM
You just cant access the event til you reach Pewter City, lol.

Right.

Starry Might, just a heads up, but you might want to edit the first post to reflect the conditions of getting the Enigma Stone.

Rossymore
2nd August 2010, 04:13 AM
God_damn_it_Nappa!

Well, it's alright, since I don't have Wi-Fi, I can't get it, but I didn't want a Latios either...
Fudge.

Starry Might
2nd August 2010, 11:39 AM
Starry Might, just a heads up, but you might want to edit the first post to reflect the conditions of getting the Enigma Stone.
I just did it after seeing your post. Thanks! That means I can do it for my Dad, too!

I've got a question, though...what level is Latias/Latios at?

Rossymore
2nd August 2010, 12:04 PM
It's at Level 40. A Pokemon I will never get.

Darth CookieMonster
2nd August 2010, 03:36 PM
It sounds like a pain in the ass to me... catching it of course.

EDIT: I finally did the event today.. just have to get the national dex and go to pewter city noiw

Rossymore
3rd August 2010, 06:00 AM
I would just use Magnezone, Thunder Wave it, then Surf it with Slowbro. Then catch it with Dusk Balls when it's low enough in health.

So yeah, wait until night to catch it.

DarkestLight
3rd August 2010, 10:04 AM
Got it. Bout 15 min ago. Daytime, Ultra Ball # 6 :o.

Darth CookieMonster
3rd August 2010, 12:01 PM
Sweet! 6 Ultras? Hmmmm

Blademaster
3rd August 2010, 04:57 PM
Sometimes you just get lucky like that. After several resets I caught Ho-Oh on like the fourth Dusk Ball. *shrug*

Link
3rd August 2010, 06:54 PM
After trying in HG/SS many times to get Rayquaza, I just had caught it on my 1st heavy ball and got lucky enough to catch it.

Ayeun
3rd August 2010, 07:54 PM
Hmm... Stone - Check...

Oh, This one gets a MB. Woot!

Darth CookieMonster
3rd August 2010, 10:57 PM
I havent been playing at all since thursday... so ill get there eventually

Sir Relyt
4th August 2010, 06:31 PM
I had to sneak out last night at midnight so that I could run down the street to steal a neighbor's wifi.
I got it, and fought latias.
Cool thing you could try if none of your pokemon have False Swipe.
I used a level 100 Rotom against it.
I put focus sash on it, and used trick.
Used t-bolt, and Latias had 1hp left.
Then I used t-wave, and it was an easy battle from there.
You could also try the choice scarf trick technique if you don't want it to be using refresh all the time.
Just a thought.

Mine was Jolly Natured, which made me really upset.

Mew Master
4th August 2010, 07:21 PM
HA! I just got SS and I don't even have a Badge...Just my trusty Cyndaquil and 5 4-2 Hoothoots and I got it.

Starry Might
9th August 2010, 11:55 AM
It's at Level 40. A Pokemon I will never get.
Ah okay.

I downloaded the Stones to my "SoulSilver" and to my Dad's "HeartGold" yesterday. Nothing's been done with them yet, though.