PDA

View Full Version : RSBot Release date

Kikyourt
17th April 2003, 10:30 AM
Well, I know that theres a GSBot and I have used it many a time. I would like to know when the RSBot will be released so I can get my Pokémon Team ready. Thanks alot, :).

Vineon
18th April 2003, 02:39 PM
Fanha is programming it as we speak but doesnt know himself when he'll be done tho..

expect the rsbots release to be in a couple of months.

SilverPersian
23rd April 2003, 09:32 PM
Now talking in #rsarena
* Topic is 'Welcome to the future home of RSBot, the Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire battling bot. || Battle functions are not currently ready to be used, but they will be within a few weeks!'

DarkBoy
24th April 2003, 09:34 PM
I went to an R/S bot room thing the other day, and I think you can make teams already, at least to a certain extent

red13n
9th May 2003, 01:18 AM
I know fanha was doing(or planning to do by his words earlier) today, so it shouldn't be all that long.

soggy_cardboard
23rd May 2003, 05:43 AM
cant wait to battle with spinda :D

MetalScyther
24th May 2003, 08:50 PM
Lets just hope its soon, I can't wait to test out my RSBot team!

PIO
2nd June 2003, 09:42 PM
Actually, I heard he's just about done :\. He's probably not that close so I could be wrong.

Slowking86
4th June 2003, 12:39 PM
i think he's getting pretty close.. I witnessed some 2vs2 testing yesterday..

Misty
16th June 2003, 05:50 PM
Oh wonderful, looks like RSBot will be put on hold. MediaDriven is taking it in the ***, as usual. >.>

Dragon God
17th June 2003, 09:08 PM
Hey wut pokemon r banned from the Bot? Will groudon and kyogre be?

Slowking86
18th June 2003, 04:09 PM
yes.. probably.. well not banned in standard play i think just frowned upon( if you use them people will call you a noob and stuff) but they will be banned banned in tournies.

Fanha
24th June 2003, 05:35 PM
DISABLE
COUNTER
MIMIC
METRONOME
MIRROR MOVE
SPITE
SLEEP TALK
ENCORE
PURSUIT
MIRROR COAT
FUTURE SIGHT
BEAT UP
FAKE OUT
NATURE POWER
ASSIST
DOOM DESIRE
TOTAL MOVES LEFT: 16/354

Pursuit will probably be next, then probably Nature Power, the Mirror Coat/Counter, then Fake Out...I should have most of them done within the next week or two, then I'll do a beta release to debug it.

Misty
24th June 2003, 06:27 PM
Sweet.

And please tell me RSBot will move from MediaDriven if this downtime keeps up :/

Fanha
25th June 2003, 02:00 AM
Originally posted by Misty
Sweet.

And please tell me RSBot will move from MediaDriven if this downtime keeps up :/

I've obviously heard a lot on this, and considered these things:

- This server, in general, has been very reliable. Few other servers are this reliable, and most importantly, lag-free.
- The staff on the server, while not the best ever, have been supportive of the bot and its community and have helped as much as possible with keeping the bots safe and in running order. A new server wouldn't be as familiar or supportive of us.
- This is a singular server, not a network. Most other servers of comparable speed and quality are networks, and thus experience a problem that plagued early GSBot: netsplits. That's much worse than the relatively minor problem of floodouts.
- Obviously there would be huge problems with stolen nicknames and channels, and it would be very chaotic for everyone.

As I see it, not only are there currently no really fitting candidates as new servers, but it wouldn't be worth it to move anyhow. So please bear with us, guys. I don't like it either, but it's our best option by far.

Misty
25th June 2003, 12:38 PM
Your best option would be to run your own server or get one of RSBot's supporters to do so ;x But whatever.

Fanha
25th June 2003, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by Misty
Your best option would be to run your own server or get one of RSBot's supporters to do so ;x But whatever.

The problem is that a private broadband line and console would not suffice for bandwidth. It would take money to pay for a shell and bandwidth as well. I'm not getting money involved in this. The fact is, no residential private server would be able to support these needs. That's the problem. I believe we had a private server in testing once, but it lagged too much.

Mana Lugia
25th June 2003, 02:52 PM
whee, can't wait!

just a question: how would the stat exp cap be covered?

Fanha
25th June 2003, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by Mana Lugia
whee, can't wait!

just a question: how would the stat exp cap be covered?

if (%hp !isnum 0-255) { msg $1 The first stat exp (HP) must be a single number between 0 and 255. | return $false }
if (%attack !isnum 0-255) { msg $1 The second stat exp (Attack) must be a single number between 0 and 255. | return $false }
if (%defense !isnum 0-255) { msg $1 The third stat exp (Defense) must be a single number between 0 and 255. | return $false }
if (%speed !isnum 0-255) { msg $1 The fourth stat exp (Speed) must be a single number between 0 and 255. | return $false }
if (%spatk !isnum 0-255) { msg $1 The fifth stat exp (Sp. Atk) must be a single number between 0 and 255. | return $false }
if (%spdef !isnum 0-255) { msg $1 The sixth stat exp (Sp. Def) must be a single number between 0 and 255. | return $false }
if (%total > 510) { msg $1 The total stat experience for a single Pokemon must be under 510. Your total was %total $+ . You are $calc( %total - 510 ) points over the limit. | return $false }

Fanha
25th June 2003, 03:52 PM
Mirror Move is really throwing me for a loop. It fails if the attack wasn't targetted at the user or it misses/fails, but it also didn't seem to work at all with Psych Up, which doesn't seem like it should be an exception, but it does work against Growl...gonna take a lot of testing to figure this one out, and a lot of thought to program it right...

Misty
25th June 2003, 05:47 PM
Can you at least put RSBot on a temp server, seeing as it's the only reliable source of good RS information ;/

Mana Lugia
25th June 2003, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by Fanha
if (%hp !isnum 0-255) { msg $1 The first stat exp (HP) must be a single number between 0 and 255. | return $false }
if (%attack !isnum 0-255) { msg $1 The second stat exp (Attack) must be a single number between 0 and 255. | return $false }
if (%defense !isnum 0-255) { msg $1 The third stat exp (Defense) must be a single number between 0 and 255. | return $false }
if (%speed !isnum 0-255) { msg $1 The fourth stat exp (Speed) must be a single number between 0 and 255. | return $false }
if (%spatk !isnum 0-255) { msg $1 The fifth stat exp (Sp. Atk) must be a single number between 0 and 255. | return $false }
if (%spdef !isnum 0-255) { msg $1 The sixth stat exp (Sp. Def) must be a single number between 0 and 255. | return $false }
if (%total > 510) { msg $1 The total stat experience for a single Pokemon must be under 510. Your total was %total $+ . You are $calc( %total - 510 ) points over the limit. | return $false }

Hmm, nice. :D

as well, what bout pokefor.tk and stuff, Misty?

Misty
25th June 2003, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by Mana Lugia
Hmm, nice. :D

as well, what bout pokefor.tk and stuff, Misty?

I find Meowth's site to be a useless-info loaded, misconfigured-php, slow piece of crap. I demand nothing but RSBot's wonderful database.

Mana Lugia
25th June 2003, 09:58 PM
lol. that's a great line :D

Misty
27th June 2003, 03:27 PM
Mirror Move is really throwing me for a loop. It fails if the attack wasn't targetted at the user or it misses/fails, but it also didn't seem to work at all with Psych Up, which doesn't seem like it should be an exception, but it does work against Growl...gonna take a lot of testing to figure this one out, and a lot of thought to program it right...

GSBot had it, use teh code reuse for great justice. :O Unless GSBot did it in a really bad way or something.

Oh, and Happy Birthday. :D

Solution
28th June 2003, 11:29 AM
Most of us only prefer RSBot for info because we can just type stuff in, instead of clicking things 56 times before getting to a new page. *cannot wait till he can start getting info from RSBot again*

Fanha
28th June 2003, 05:16 PM
GSBot had it, use teh code reuse for great justice. :O Unless GSBot did it in a really bad way or something.

Well, you can't really copy the code at all. Mirror Move works completely differently in the 4-slot system as far as choosing targets, executing or not executing, and so on.

Oh, and Happy Birthday. :D

Thank you! =)

Continue
30th June 2003, 12:02 AM

That's interesting. I was also noticing sporadic failure in some recent testing. It wasn't the full subject of the test, though, so I didn't try to pin it down. Sounds like a good thing to run through the mill.

DannyBoy
30th June 2003, 12:59 AM
Can someone please pm me the link so I can download RSot? Thanks in Advance.

Sir Chris
30th June 2003, 04:17 AM
You don't download rsbot, this isnt freakin netbattle crap :O

~ Chris

also, I am rude and I smell :)

Continue
30th June 2003, 06:29 PM

Originally posted by Continue
That's interesting. I was also noticing sporadic failure in some recent testing. It wasn't the full subject of the test, though, so I didn't try to pin it down. Sounds like a good thing to run through the mill.

As a follow-up...With more testing I realized that the failures I noticed are nothing unusual for Mirror Move since it's a Reaction target move. Other than that the only unusual behavior is with a certain bug and Psych Up.

First off, Psych Up isn't working because there's something unusual with its targetting. From a user perspective, it acts like any other move that targets any one pokemon. From the game perspective, however, the move acts as a User only move, like Acid Armor. Mirror Move is simply working from the game perspective for targetting.

Oh, and the bug, since I have no idea who knows about this one yet. When Mirror Move copies a move and is used consecutively, without the opponent(s) using another move that can be copied by Mirror Move, Mirror Move will continue to use that intial move. Psych Up can end the bug, though, most likely due to that unique targetting coding. My guess is that the user targetting of Psych Up clears out whatever Mirror Move is using to remember the move but doesn't replace it with Psych Up due to other targetting info.

The Psych Up condition is unique, as far as I can see. I made a quick scan through things and didn't find any other moves that have that kind of targetting.

Scizor Master
5th July 2003, 12:33 PM
Nice to see its almost ready :D good luck on figurin out this Mirror Move issue, so we can get to battlin ASAP. Cant wait...oh, and have any of the 16 moves you posted on the first page been inputted into the bot yet Fanha?