PDA

View Full Version : Only New Pokemon until you beat the story

Heald
4th August 2010, 06:13 PM
Link (http://www.gamesradar.com/ds/pokemon-black-white/news/only-new-pokemon-will-appear-in-pokemon-black-and-white-until-you-beat-the-story/a-20100804122028499033/g-201004091000657031)

This is something I approve of, however, if it is the same old Rattata-a-like, Pidgey-a-like, Caterpie-a-like for the first 3 hours, plus caves filled with annoying creatures suspiciously like Geodudes, Zubat or Machops, then it's pointless.

In fact, any departure from the tired formula this game has been shitting out would be welcome. Hell, it wouldn't do them any harm.

Blademaster
5th August 2010, 04:43 PM
Intriguing. It'll definitely add to the challenge, since even after the games come out I likely won't know much of anything about EVERY new critter out there. I'm not gonna run over to Bulbapedia every time I toss a Poke Ball, you know.

Knight of Time
5th August 2010, 05:00 PM
Hmm, this makes me think that getting any new Pokemon that are an evolution or a pre-evolution of one of the older Pokemon is going to be more difficult...if they get in any new pre-evos, I'm guessing they'll not be able to evolve without getting the National Pokedex (if anyone can guess where I got this from, you can have a Lava Cookie, lol) first.

DarkestLight
5th August 2010, 05:12 PM
This is good, but we all know there's going to be new cannon fodder box filler Pokemon. That Pidgeon, Its gonna be EVERYWHERE. Its just the nature of the game. I don't mind them locking out old ones til you get the National (International Dex now maybe?), does give a fresh feel and people will start retooling metagame strategies with the new ones in mind first rather than the old ones.

DivineAll
5th August 2010, 08:30 PM
*reads news from link* Huh... so much for my predictions on which reoccurring Pokémon from past generations will appear pre-E4 and Champion. Of course, if this is the case, then there should roughly be 150 or so new Pokémon to appear 5th gen. since the Pokédex in each new region likes to minimize for that same number. Which means that as soon as the 5th gen. games come out, there should be a total of roughly 650 Pocket Monsters, give or take a few. ...Wow. They're really going all out for the fifth generation, aren't they?

Blademaster
6th August 2010, 03:22 PM
Maybe the chinchilla is the new Rattata?

Oslo
6th August 2010, 06:03 PM
No oodles of Tentacools, Magikarps, Geodudes and Zubats every time you take a step? I like this idea very much. :) Yeah, there will be plenty of other annoying Pokemon you'll encounter again and again and again, but at least those aren't the same Pokemon you've been encountering repeatedly over the past ten years of your life.

Link
7th August 2010, 04:57 PM
That new pokemon looks like a garchomp evolution, but still, this is excellent news and i can't wait until I beat the main game this time around.

Deadwood_Zen
7th August 2010, 05:43 PM
...but I like Magikarps ]':

Telume
8th August 2010, 08:01 PM
This is a good move but they need to follow it up, I'm sick of the whole syndicate thing.