PDA

View Full Version : Dark

Zup
13th December 2002, 07:55 PM
This is a story of a boy who is on a quest to find three things: His father, the true meanings of good and bad, and, of course, himself. He is not at all modeled after me. I hope that you will read and reply, but no matter. The fic must go on!

Dark
by Zup

Dark...

Dark, evil...

Dark, evil, shadows, fear, dread, death, dark...

Why him? Why? Dark, shadows, swirling, fate...

Fates, intertwined, evil, dark, shadows, fear, night, dread, swirling, death, dark...

Why him?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Theo woke up in a cold sweat. His hands went up to his head. His fever was raging. He wiped the sweat off and tried to remember the dream...or was it a nightmare? He couldn't remember. Then one word, boldly imprinted in his mind. Dark. What the...? Dark? He didn't know where that had come from. The his stomach turned and he groaned, getting out of his wooly covers, making for the bathroom. His retching echoed throughout the house, waking his mother's prize pokemon, her Eevee. She had groomed it until it shined, winning nearly every beauty contest in Johto. But now it was up. Being a finicky creature, it pawed at Theo's mom's nightgown, waking her as well.

Waking up from a dream in which her husband was with her, not scouting out a new country, she heard the horrible retching sound. A solitary tear was on her face, but she didn't notice. She rushed to the bathroom, ready to help the only male in the house.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dark....

Fates, intertwined, Why him?, scouting, questing, gyms, pokemon, battling, dark, shadows, swirling, destiny...

Dread, death, friendships, cowardice, fighting, pokemon...

Evil, good, pure, bad, corrupt, oxymorons, morons, idiots, trainers, gyms, elite...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The story of a boy on his quest to find his father turns to much more than he could have imagined. Not only becoming a champion, but learing the differences of evil and good, corrupt and pure, thankls to his three pokemon, all contradicting themselves. Learning to trust is a key factor, where his newfound friends will help in many more ways that thought of...what he could do for them in return...and find his destiny, and find what side he's on, good, or bad, evil of pure.

And where the object of his desires is, and it shall all fall into place.

Welcome to Theo's world, poulation: him.

Heavenly Sage HLSOE
13th December 2002, 08:00 PM
Ok, it's short, must be one page on MS word but it is a nice chapter. Rather dark and mysterious, let us see how this goes

Zup
13th December 2002, 08:19 PM
It was my prologue, but thank you for reading. BTW, the Dark and Good alternate with each chapter. You'll see what I mean soon enough, as he captures his pokemon. ;)

Zup
14th December 2002, 01:41 AM
Chapter 1: Good Friends, Bad Injuries

Good...

Good, pure, light...

Good, pure, nice, light, holy, beautiful, smiles, sunshine...

Light, holy, good, nice, beautiful, smiles, sunshine, pure, laugh, happy, pleasure, kind, gentle, naivete...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Theo grinned, tying a near perfect knot. His dad, a sailor, had helped him learn how, at least, he had when he'd been home. His trap had to work this time. Theo took a quick look around, making sure that everything was perfect.

The sunlight bounced off of a nearby pond, frozen for the winter. Well, it was normally frozen in Mahogany anyways, but that was beside the point. One piece of rope was hanging over a large tree branch, one of the only ones in the area. A small pile of food, a carrot here, and apple slice there, were just lying on top of the net. Holding tightly, Theo knew that he could catch and sell whatever he caught, which would be his to spend. His heavy winter clothing covered him thoroughly, although he still shivered. He was well over his fever, which had gone down quickly after the vomit escapade. The snow was new, and no tracks had been made yet. Hiding behind a bush, Theo watched his trap carefully. A small glint of sunshine showed us a qucik glimpse of a pokebelt, with three empty pokeballs on it. They were for safety, or so his dad said. Throw it at a pokemon and run, and you might have a chance. Theo was terribly afraid of the Ursaring, which became more and more common during the winter months.

His eyes flicked toward movement. A small pink bunny?!?! What the...? Pulling out a pokèdex/watch, he scanned it silently. It was the newest version, his birthday present from his father, who loved to tinker when on a ship.

"Nidoran." came the slightly mechanical voice. "Male. It is known for it's sharp poison horns and-"

Theo quickly shut it. The noise had alerted the Needleran, or whatever the heck it was. It would probably fetch big bucks. Rabbits were commonly used to make coats, he remembered. The pink rabbit sniffed the air for a moment, taking a step back. It sniffed again, but this time it walked forward. It's small forelegs in the pile of food, but his powerful hind legs out of reach of the net. It started nibbling the carrots, before scooting forward and sitting down, right on top of the net.

"GOTCHA!" Theo yelled, pulling in a quick jerking motion that grasped the Nidoran in it's entirety, pulling him up into the trap. It snorted a few times before going back to eating the carrots. Bringing out a small cat carrier, he forced the whole bundle of rope and food and pokemon and shut the door. He could still hear it's loud snorts.

"Well buddy, are you ready to be made into a pelt?" He asked the tiny creature.

"Niiiiii-do." It responded, before turning back to it's food.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Good....

Good, pure....

Found...friend....one of many...good...fate...intertwining...destiny...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Whaddya mean, 'We have enough pelts for this season.'?" an angry Theo stammered, the cat carrier shaking in his rage. The Nidoran whimpered. "I haven't seen one of these Needle-thingies at all this year, let alone this winter!"

"Well, see, you don't see any because, we've got 'em all. Sorry, no can do, boss says no more Nidorans." the Pokemon Buyer said, shaking his hands in the air.

"Grrrr...." Theo growled angrily. His first pokemon caught, and the freak had the nerve not to buy it from him?

"Hey, look, yous can use it as a starter, ya know, like a trainer or sometin'!" The Buyer said patting Theo on the back.

"Me? A trainer? Are you out of your tree?" Theo said, seething. The Nidoran issued a small confused grunt.

"What? It's just something for you to do." the Buyer said, "I think it's time for you to go, buster!"

"Fine, sheesh, when you need good nidoran hide, you'll know where you missed it." Theo said, angrily swinging the cat carrier back and forth as he moved.

"Now what am I to do?" He asked himself.

"Nidoran!" The tiny creature uttered happily.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Honey, there is nothing you can do." Theo's mom said, patting her son on the back. "I've just got a broken leg. It'll be fine in a while."

She had tripped over her Eevee and broken her leg. The small pokemon was still mad. It had just been ready to eat breakfast when it happened, but her master wouldn't get up and get her food. So, she started howling for food, and Theo, when he entered, immediately called for help.

"Honey, by the way, I think it's about time you got a job." She said, before being hauled into the ambulance.

Then, all of a sudden, things clicked. The Nidoran. Not being able to sell it. Being told to be a trainer. His mom breaking her leg. Her telling him to get a job.

It clicked. It was so simple!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nidoran smailed happily. It realized that it's trainer finally caught on. Maybe it's destiny wasn't set in stone, though. Maybe more then just the plain and simple fact between good and evil, pure and dark, black and white, maybe, just maybe, there is a small fuzzy gray patch. Maybe.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Mom, I've made a desision. I'm going to find Dad." Theo said, fingering a pokeball. The cage was gone, but the pokemon wasn't.

"Really? But there are so many pokemon out there, and trainers too! You have to be care-" She started, worried.

"Don't worry. I have three pokeballs. I'll capture, train and beat my opponents, so that I can get to Dad. Maybe you'll hear of me one day. I'll be seein' ya Mom." Theo said, walking out the door, and out of her life.

"Buh-but..." She coughed, her lifeblood oozing out of her trembling jaws.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So, what shall I name you?" Theo asked. He was on the short path towards the mountain. A recent trainer had gone through and un-puzzled it up, so he had a feeling that it would be a ton easier.

"Nido?" It asked, confused a bit. To it, it had always been known as Nidoran.

"I'll think of one later." Theo said, looking down at the creature who changed his life.

It nodded in agreement, before stoping and sniffing.

"Ran." It stated, pointing with a leg towards a tall thin trainer.

"Uh....hi?" Theo called out. The trainer lifted his head, and smiled.

"Hey. My name's Zup, pleased to meetcha. What's your name?" Zup asked. Zup had short brown hair, and brown eyes. He was wearing an orange T-shirt and jean shorts, although it had to be freezing out.

"Theo. Nice to meet you. This here's my Nidoran." Theo said, uneasily.

"Are you looking for a battle? A companion?" Zup asked, leaning down to the Nidoran.

"Well, I haven't trained him much...so if you want to accompany me, then I guess that's fine. Where're you headed?"

"Nowhere. I'm searchin' for a few pokemon to add to my collection. I have nearly every single one. By the way, does your Nidoran have a name?"

"No, not yet. Do you have a suggestion?"

"Sure. How about...Jermin? Furton? Keely? Maybe...Gew?"

"Like any of those, Nido?" Theo asked at the smiling face of the nidoran.

*Hmm...Gew...sounds familiar....I like it!* Gew thought. He pawed the ground four times.

"Gew?" Zup asked, smiling. "Gew it is. Meet Menalz, another oddly named pokemon."

With a flick of his wrist, Zup unleashed a giant form into the lake. It smiled darkly.

"A Tentacruel?" Theo asked uncertainly.

"Yep, my first water type. My only female, if I recall." Zup replied. "We better get going, otherwise we'll have to camp in the caves. Brrr." He shivered.

"Yeah, I wouldn't like that!" Theo agreed.

"Tenta!" "Nidor!" Chiped the pokemon.

"Yes, our destinies...he's the one..." Zup murmured to himself, then he winked at Gew.

"C'mon! We have to get through that cave before dark, and it's almost lunchtime now!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now he's found his first human friend, and his first pokemon companion. Theo will gain many benefits from having a renowned friend like Zup. Zup, as you may notice, is the gray fuzzy part of Gew's reasoning. He doesn't fit in, yet he does. He's mean, but nice. Purehearted, but cruel...tentacruel, that is. His temper may flare up like his Arcanine's, or be a cool bird like his Farfetch'd. The wind, destinies, fate and circumstance will bring Theo to his final conflict...Zup and Gew are the first of many who will help him in that crucial moment.

Zup
14th December 2002, 12:27 PM
Oh, c'mon, reply! Please? I'm begging ya!

Zup
16th December 2002, 07:10 PM
Geyyyy-YA! I've been waitin'! POST!