PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye to pokemon tcg (not kidding)

Alec Trevelyan
17th April 2003, 08:14 PM
Hm, at first i must say hi to all, uh? I wasnt here for a couple of months due to school. I dont want to mess so much, i just want to say that i'm out of pokemon tcg... some reasons:

- Around here (my city), there're just league, not tourneys anymore, and ppl which plays on league r crap ****heads.
- The owner of the store was always messing w/ me when i traded
- Brasil doesnt have any place on professor program
- People in general in the hole country (i dont want to mean that i'm big "****") play bad, so as make decks, i can tell u that our last year national was something very stupid, i just got 2nd cuz the winner was VERY lucky on coinflips (a crap thing on this game, coins h8 me!)
- Pokémon, in general, is almost dying in Brasil, stuffs r expensive...
- School this year is hard, in the end of the year i have a big test to enter to in a good college, its a hard competition to enter where i want
- Other things to keep on mind, like girlfriend =]
- I'm crazy about counter-strike, lol
- A guy offered me 900 dollars for my collection, which is a good offer, i got half, my partner half

Well, i'm still going to be here, cuz i got some you-gay-oh, i had to get it to sell my collection, the guy who bought offered me money and some yugioh stuff, probably i'm gonna play, just 4 fun, not like pokemon.
To finish, i can say i had MUCH fun playing it, got many friends playing it, i'm not leaving it sad, but the reasons which made me do that were sad... if Brasil would have better things for poke players, probably i'd hold my collection for 1 year, then get back, but.

That's it!
if u wanna talk to me:

AIM: Allan A 006
MSN: allan_a@hotmail.com

Venuskazam714
17th April 2003, 10:26 PM
awwww thats pretty sad... its your choice though......

Roarkiller
17th April 2003, 10:43 PM
Thats pretty much the same thing here, only we have a professor here... me. And that's what sux, cuz even being a professor i cant bring tourneys or stuff cuz i have to call and email the guyz at Hasbro, and then i have to wait so long juz to get approval, then i have the storekeeper to deal with, the prizes... Hell, juz so u know, battlezone was delayed for 2 and a half mths now, and still no word, juz empty promises.

Venuskazam714
18th April 2003, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by Roarkiller
Thats pretty much the same thing here, only we have a professor here... me. And that's what sux, cuz even being a professor i cant bring tourneys or stuff cuz i have to call and email the guyz at Hasbro, and then i have to wait so long juz to get approval, then i have the storekeeper to deal with, the prizes... Hell, juz so u know, battlezone was delayed for 2 and a half mths now, and still no word, juz empty promises.

aww man.. that must suck.... there are still quite a few players here in cali.. my friends still want me to go to the tournys and stuff... but i have no more motivation..

Alec Trevelyan
18th April 2003, 09:28 AM
well, hasbro or even wizards cant come here, devir represents wizards in Brasil, devir is so much crap, on official tourneys they mess all you can figure, they mess w/ the game ruling, which prejudiced me many times, mtg players hate devir, devir makes the price higher than it was suposed to be, well, if you ask a brasilian which plays magic/pokemon about devir, prepare to listen bad things. I can tell you, even playing since 1998 (oh God, almost 5 years is very much!), i never said devir making anything to attract ppl to the card game, or making better events. Now that nintendo will make the cards, probably Brasil wont get any of them w/ a reasonable price, the owners of stores may buy from US or something else.

cya :wave:

Venuskazam714
18th April 2003, 12:16 PM
arrighty righty..... visit sometimes..

hobbs
18th April 2003, 01:08 PM
That sucks that you're leaving and that there's no competition.

But $900!:D

Cya around.

Alec Trevelyan
19th April 2003, 10:46 PM
yeah, the main reason is that there's no competion, and my collection worth 900 bucks... see, i had 20 holo metal energy (some japanese, some VS and E), 18 dark energy (4 holos), 6 R. zappy, 16 of each unlimited played cards like CPU search, item finder, lass, SER... Many neo goodies, like meganium, feraligatr... 12 sneasel! 12 slowking... well, and there it goes... there r 5 japanese ____'s chansey too! all shining (english), 5 SI onix (around here it used to be hard to get some of this). And a "friend" of mine have borrowed 1 deck from me (slashtap) and didnt bring me back, i've to get it w/ him, this probably will be my last deck/cards that i'll have to play 4 fun when i feel to play!
Later i have to get some yougayoh (sry, this is so much fun this nickname) tips, to play well... i got 1 kaiba, 1 yugi and 6 blue eyes pack (but didnt opened, i'm still thinking about to sell it, lol)... if i open i'll need some tips for poor people deck building, lol.

cya :wave: :wave: :wave:

PopCoRn
16th May 2003, 07:53 AM
*shrugs*...see ya...*walks off*

Silvercharizard
20th May 2003, 05:01 AM
Bleh, Nintendo better try and bring back pokemon =/ (to what it was before -a popular game)...

Last year we had 1 tourney the whole year -this year actually we had no tournies of ANY GAME OF ANY KIND LAMMMEEEE!!!!! *ahem*

anywayz I didn't really know you but um... see ya

If you want though you could go to japan and learn their language -I think it's still popular there?

um...... yea =/

Roarkiller
20th May 2003, 05:53 AM
Pkmn's as popular in japan as it is in america and europe together. Not much difference if u ask me. But learning a new language sure is fun, and now im teaching it in some forum, even tho im pretty much a n00b myself (juz over a yr).

Theorem
8th June 2003, 01:21 PM
Well, here in portugal it's the same..
everybody has sold their cards.. those who make it of course :| I know what you mean when you say devir sucks :P here is the same old story. well, pokemon's dead isnt it :|? now what?
I'm very sorry for it, but I can't do a thing.
anyway, I'm new here, but cya mate :|

:no:

Roarkiller
8th June 2003, 08:07 PM
Im sorta trying to bring it back here. My idea is that if the local WotC office decides to continue playing hide-and-seek with me over the actual details of the existence of battlezone kits, im gonna call it quits and start my own league. Ive discussed it with the store owner and we was very interested in my idea.

Plan is to make replica pkmn gym badges, no the one given out during the official leagues last time, but exact replicas to actual badges. Then either hold a tourney and the top 3/5 gets one each, or simply run the league like in the game, where there will be a gymleader and both he/she and the challenger MUST use a specified-type deck. The cost of producing badges aint much, and IMO is much better than receiving booster packs.

Alec Trevelyan
8th June 2003, 08:23 PM
around here (and i bet its the same in portugal), wotc and/or nintendo cant put their fingers here, we dont even have DCI tournaments here! it's a shame! And the ****ty thing about 15+ yrs old players playing pokemon started here... last week it had a RPG fair, then there were some pokemon tourneys, and guess what? 16+ (not 15, it isnt a mistake) players werent allowed to play! I have no words to express these facts... Again, Devir is sux, and now they are importing yu-gi-oh too, crap, but luckly yu-gi-oh doesnt have DCI or any relashionship w/ wotc...

cya folks :wave: :wave: :wave:

Theorem
9th June 2003, 08:19 AM
It is sad that you can't play because you're overaged :x
I've never had any problems about that, but i've only played on Devir's League, and in one of their tournments. now I can seem to find a place to play, where there arent just kids, 'cause it may seem to be a little embarassing to be in the middle of them :P

I'm gonna remake my old deck, and maybe even buy some cards!
when I dropped out Neo Destiny was being released, so now I got to get up to it.. or maybe I'll just keep on without pokemon :P
dunno, gotta think..

:wave:

Silvercharizard
23rd June 2003, 07:29 AM
Well, i'm gonna try encourage the game where I am too... see ya I guess

Theorem
23rd June 2003, 01:58 PM
well, after a week, or something, of research, i've come to find out that around here, in Porto, there are no more leagues..
if you guys have any ideas of how to help me/we (I dont see much chances, but it's not hard to try..), I would be grateful :)

I play sometimes with my cousin here at home, but its not funny anymore.. he's so easy to beat (in spite of my deck being a crap), and its boring to play against the same person over and over again...

Maulet
23rd June 2003, 04:59 PM
Here in Spain, Devir stopped sending us the promos and stuff for the league when Neo Discovery came out :(
Then, we started an alternative league (composed of 5 leagues from our region), and created a tourney with an entry fee (1€). The winner of the tourney would win all the money we gathered, usually meaning 350 to 500€.
That's how we are actually keeping a player base; I hope once TPC starts selling cards here we'll get rid of Devir, so the real league can start again, and I also hope TPC will give us new game mechanics so the metagame changes (that's what would make the game really interesting). Right now I'm seeing here a lot of interest on the next sets...

Alec Trevelyan
25th June 2003, 10:53 AM
well, in brazil this "alternative" league w/ money isnt legal, its like gambling acording to brasilian governmet, so... and people on stores arent the same as they were 3 years ago.. when the game just exploded here... they threat "bad" pokeplayers... they always care about the game which is "ruling" on the store and bring them money, sad, but true, and i bet it isnt just here =/

Pikatogepi
25th June 2003, 02:05 PM
Pokémon is almost completely dead over here in Dallas it seems like. It's too bad things can't be like they used to be. Oh well, I haven't played in forever anyways.

It sounds like you were able to get some good money for your collection, so that's a good thing. For me I had spent tons of money on cards over the years and when it came time to sell them I got next to nothing for them.

Alec Trevelyan
25th June 2003, 08:53 PM
well, when i 1st wanted to sell all stuff i almost sold for nothing... and i spent much money since 1999 to 2002/beggining of 2003 w/ tourneys and a booster box... i can say i got enought money... as i said i had many powered cards like 9 sneasel, 12 slowking, 16 dark energy (4 foil), 20 metal (all foil, some japanese from VS or E), there were cards enought for 3 person play a high skilled tourney =/. I sold for about 1 dollar each rare/holo/promo card... about 3 reais (or local money)... i sold about 1000 cards, which means 1000 dollars, but i got some yu-gi-oh too.. 8 boosters and 2 decks, not bad. Now my mtg team is thinking to sell all our stuff... wow, much money on my account! maybe i could spend some money on Counter-strike, lol..

Edge
13th July 2003, 03:28 PM
I haven't met a single person in my school that still plays pokemon. I don't think I've actively played it myself for 2+ years.

Hey you guys sold your cards? Word!

I live in the New Jersey area and I'm wondering which stores will buy used pokeyman cards. Thanks.

Alec Trevelyan
13th July 2003, 04:33 PM
sorry, i dunno where to find any, i live outside US, in Brazil to be more exact and there'r some people which still play the game

Mikey
13th July 2003, 06:23 PM
Yeah, there isn't even a league in my area. I have no one to play the card game with at all. Maybe nintendo's tournemant will come here. Then I could possibly play with someone.

mic_128
13th July 2003, 10:20 PM
It's like that in aust. too. Wixzards stopped sending us stuf early Feb. and we didn't get to the battle city stuf either. Our last promos were the ones with the jigglypuff. I've sent an e-mail to Nintendo Australia but no news yet.

Alec Trevelyan
14th July 2003, 12:02 AM
well, a friend of mine which is still playing on the store league said that there arent more then 10 people on the league... sad, in the beggining there were people making reserve to keep on the league... he said that the store owner will make some championships now too to reanimate the game... one of the possible reasons that people stopped going was that the league started at 14:00 and ends at 16:00, and now its at morning, from 10 to midday =/, people like to sleep

Dark-San
14th July 2003, 06:31 AM
Originally posted by GoldenNoctowl77
Yeah, there isn't even a league in my area. I have no one to play the card game with at all. Maybe nintendo's tournemant will come here. Then I could possibly play with someone.
^
|
|
Hey wats the apprentice for? ;P