PDA

View Full Version : getting back into it?

Falcon's_Eye
9th August 2010, 08:58 AM
I just found my charger for my ds! it's been about 1.5-2 years probably since I've been able to play my ds, because i only had a car charger.

So, i was wondering, would it be worth it to buy HG/SS? I'm leaving for college in a month, so i'm not really sure how that will affect my gameplay (I can always sell it on ebay or something if i decide i wont be playing it)

And if I should buy it, which version?

Rossymore
9th August 2010, 09:33 AM
Well, if you enjoyed the second generation, you'll love Hg/Ss. It is worth buying as it's a nice game and it'll give you something to do until B/W comes out next year.

Also, as for which version, I got Hg, but there's not much difference. Though when you first encounter Lugia in Ss, it makes more of an enterance than Ho-oh in Hg. Get whichever one you fancy, or the one which looks better.

Falcon's_Eye
9th August 2010, 10:04 AM
Second gen was my favorite, with 3rd gen just barely behind it. So i'm sure I would enjoy reliving it (I just found gold, silver, and crystal for GBC the other day) with better quality. Thanks Rossy!

Austrian ViceMaster Alex
9th August 2010, 10:16 AM
HG/GS was a great trip down memory lane for those who already knew it from back in 2000 and it's also a good game in its own right. I can only recommend it.

Darth CookieMonster
9th August 2010, 06:18 PM
Ya dude im so excited.... get soulSilver so we can like... trade version exclusives and what not..

Master Rudy
1st October 2010, 01:56 AM
Well as everyone else said it's personal preference for the most part really. As always if you got friends you can link up with try to get different versions. Also be sure to let everyone on TPM know what your friend code is so you can battle/trade ^_~

Speaking of which I've put SS on the backburner for awhile. Might be about time to break it out again.

Link
5th October 2010, 07:24 PM
Get both. I got both and have not regretted getting either of the two games.