PDA

View Full Version : Open Chalenge (Ref: Needed)

Gladiator
18th April 2003, 10:13 AM
Since I only have one open slot. I'll post an open challenge. Now I'd prefer a newby, or anyone else who has had only one victory in their history of ASB, but all are welcome.

1 vs 1
Ref: Anyone highly active
DQ: 3 days
I choose first
You attack first

Infantry ahead, Go Fort (Pineco, M)

Arena: Indigo Stadium

ryandude713
18th April 2003, 03:53 PM
go Mr Clause
hes a Delibird

icy wind ~ icy wind ~ icy wind

subs - if he uses double team, use swift / if he suses spikes, use rapid spin

Oddish17
18th April 2003, 09:39 PM
I'll ref this, I have to ref something to keep from being demoted. Even though I was DQed from our battle before, I assure you I am active now.

Gladiator
19th April 2003, 10:58 AM
I have a bad feeling that this might not work. Oh well.

Fort increase your defenses with the Spiky Fortress, then follow with Rollout x2. Since Rollout requires physical contact, therefore melee, it should gain an attack boost.

Pineco, M
Fort
Sig: Spiky Fortress
Description: Pineco glows a bright blue as he adds extra armor to himself. He then makes it so that his extra armor sticks out as spikes. All physical attacks that his enemy uses on him will cause 2% damage to the attacker. Also all of Fort’s melee attacks get an *1.5 boost. Ranged attacks are not affected. The effect lasts two rounds. Takes three rounds after the effect wears off to be used again.
Type: Bug |Accuracy: 90% |Damage: 0% |Effect: See sig.

Spiky Fortress/Rollout/Rollout

ryandude713
21st April 2003, 09:01 PM
u there ref?

Oddish17
21st April 2003, 09:12 PM
Easter weekend and all, I've been busy. The reffing will be up sometime in the next day.

Oddish17
23rd April 2003, 09:18 PM
Ack, sorry for the delay. Too much stuff to do lately.

Round 1

Gladiator vs. ryandude713
Fort(Pineco M) vs. Mr. Clause(Delibird M)

Pre-Battle
Mr. Clause- 100%, feeling confident, well rested

Fort- 100%, feeling confident, well rested

Mr. Clause- Icy Wind x 3
subs: If Double Team used, Swift. If Spikes used, Rapid Spin.

Fort- Spiky Fortress ~ Rollout ~ Rollout

Battle
Ryandude stands at one end of the stadium, throwing a pokeball before him, releasing his very Christmasy pokemon, Mr Clause the Delibird. Gladiator throws her(I think, sorry if I'm wrong) own pokeball before her(?), revealing a spiky creature, Fort the Pineco. With both pokemon released, the battle begins!

Mr Clause starts things off, releasing a blast of cold air to hopefully slow down Fort before he can get started. Fort feels the cold blow around him, but he shrugs it off. Enveloped with a bright blue aura, Fort expands his armor, as spikes begin to appear upon his exterior. Mr Clause is not impressed, and releases another chill through the air, as Fort begins to roll haphazardly. Slowed down a bit, Fort tries his hardest to roll straight with the spikes sticking out of him, but he finds this to be more difficult than he had anticipated. Finding he has rolled askew of his original destination, and consequently missing Mr Clause by a good bit, Fort feels a third icy blast around him, as ice crystals form upon his body. Fort changes course, and continues his erratic rolling, glancing off Mr Clause, who is scratched by one of the spikes. Mr Clause reels backwards, as Fort ends his rolling, realizing it is quite difficult to roll when he does not have smooth edges.

Stats
Fort- 88%, chilled, spiky armor for one more round, slight fatigue

Mr Clause- 90%, small gash right wing(arm), slight fatigue

Arena- fine

Gladiator
24th April 2003, 03:29 PM
Cripes! I should have anticipated this. Oh well, what you gonna do.

Alright Fort, things look tough, but the difference isn't great.

Use Toxic to bring him down. Then follow with Defense Curl and another Roll-Out. Our Spiky Fortress will help insure us that he won't use Flying attacks (the majority use close combat) and Defense Curl will also help out. It should also boost our Rollouts power. Let's hope we can hit him this time.

(Note to self, upgrade Fort's signature if I get the money)

Toxic-Defense Curl-Rollout

Substitutions: Yeah, Double Team should he attempt a Toxic on us.

ryandude713
24th April 2003, 03:32 PM
double team ~ fly~ ice beam

ryandude713
29th April 2003, 07:27 PM
u there ref?

Cyrus
3rd May 2003, 10:52 PM
Ryandude713 requested I subref due to a 9 day stretch withou a reffing.

Round 2:

Prebattle Stats:
Fort- 88% (HP) 90% (Energy) | chilled | spiky armor for one more round
Mr Clause- 90% (HP) 90% (Energy) | small gash right wing(arm)

Commands:
Fort: Toxic ~ Defense Curl ~ Rollout
Mr. Clause: Double Team ~ Fly ~ Icebeam

Battle:
As this battle continues, Fort eye's opponent with a cautious eye, an flying pokemon is a bugs worst nightmare. The wanna be Santa Clause takes to the air to create a trio of false images. Fort launches his glob of concentrated toxins into the air with little hope of them reaching the air borne opponent. The glob is unable to resist the lure of gravity long enough to reach any of the four images in the air. Fort curses the flaws of arterly in today's age of warfare.

Fort once again turns his focus on defense and curls into a small ball, spikes turned toward the sky. As Mr. Clause dives toward his opponent, he releases his trainer doesn't completely ignored the damage that those spikes will inflict to his fragile body. His body collides with that of the of the Pineco. Even in his defensive position, Fort is still crushed under the momentum of the bird. However the bird isn't unscathed by the collision, his momentum carried him onto the vicious spikes of Fort's armor. Mr. Clause is barely able to withdraw from his opponent before his opponent begins to spin.

And spinning is exactly what his opponent does. The weakening armor shatters at it is constantly driven into the clay surface of the arena most overused. The 'limbing' Delibird turns toward his opponent in his wobbling flight and releases a single ray of frigid energy, sapping the warmth from Fort's rolling body. The layer of frost formed along the path of the beam does nothing to impede his spinning. As the round ends, Fort is continuing to gain momentum and Mr. Clause is limping through the air.

Post battle Stats:
Fort- 75% (HP) 80% (Energy) | chilled | Roll Out Stage 1
Mr Clause- 85% (HP) 75% (Energy) | small gash right wing(arm) | small piercing wounds along his torso and wings

Oddish17
3rd May 2003, 11:34 PM
Oh right, I knew I was forgetting something to do with ASB. If you want Cyrus to ref, that is fine, or I can continue to ref. Cyrus probably has much more free time than I do but I don't know if he'd want to take this on.

Cyrus
4th May 2003, 05:35 PM
It is up to them if you continue to ref this match, but I am not looking to pick this one up. If they elect to replace you, Mudkip14 said he would finish the battle.

Gladiator
4th May 2003, 08:02 PM
Um, I'll leave it to ryandude. I don't like choosing between people even if they don't care less. (I fear that any decision I make will haunt me later)

ryandude713
7th May 2003, 08:12 PM
whoever can ref plz ref
its all good to me

Oddish17
7th May 2003, 11:36 PM
If you post your attacks there will be something to ref.

Gladiator
9th May 2003, 08:46 PM
Ryandude, It's currently May 9 2003. According to the official TPM clock it's currently 8:45 my time and you made your post on 5/7/2003 8:12 PM. I'm giving you til May 10 at 6:00 PM and then I'm requesting that you be DQ'd.

PS: It's not that I'm being mean, I just don't want my only slot left lasting forever.

ryandude713
9th May 2003, 08:48 PM
fly up far into the sky ~ blizzard ~ blizzard

Gladiator
9th May 2003, 09:47 PM
Ryandude, I apologize. I forgot the DQ was three days. Sorry I stepped over my boundaries of social decency. I assure you it won't happen again. I repeat, I apologize for making an idiot of myself and being rude. Back to the battle

Okay, Fort, at this rate Mr. Clause is going to tire himself out with his wing injuries. Also, the updraft might be weaker the further up so he'll have to work harder to stay aloft (I think that's scientifically correct). The extra height also gives us more time to dodge his attacks. Here's the plan. We'll tire him out this round by wasting his attacks.

Okay, we'll upgrade your Rollout to stage 2, since he's just going to fly higher. Using your increased speed, use Double Team to create multiple illusions of yourself, then another Double Team to add to the confusion. According to the descrip. of Rollout, we'll have some protection from his attacks

Rollout/Double Team/Double Team

Oddish17
10th May 2003, 05:24 AM
I have an insanely busy schedule this weekend so the reffing will not be up until sometime Monday morning(EST). Just to let you know.

ryandude713
15th May 2003, 07:54 PM
ref?

Oddish17
15th May 2003, 08:59 PM
You're going to have to find a new ref, I just do not have the time to type up a reffing every couple of days.

ryandude713
17th May 2003, 07:26 PM
ok, we really need a new ref

Gladiator
17th May 2003, 08:33 PM
Alrighty, earlier Cyrus said that Mudkip14 would do it. Let's ask him/her ref (Sorry, Mudkip, I don't know you well enough to figure out your gender) :confused:

Oddish17
19th May 2003, 08:05 PM
Please excuse the short reffing, I just didn't want to see your battle die. If you can get Mudkip14 to ref this, that would be good. Otherwise I'll try to get reffings up, but it may take a while. I'll use Cyrus' energy scale, so as not to keep changing the stats. Cyrus forgot the clones for Mr Clause, so I added them back in.

Round 3

Pre-Battle
Fort- 75% (HP) 80% (Energy) | chilled | Roll Out Stage 1
Mr Clause- 85% (HP) 75% (Energy) | small gash right wing(arm) | small piercing wounds along his torso and wings, 3 clones

Mr Clause- Fly ~ Blizzard ~ Blizzard
Fort- Rollout ~ Double Team ~ Double Team

Battle
Mr Clause clumsily flies as high as he can, grimacing with each flap of his short wings. Fort takes no notice of this, rather deciding to take a defensive posture. Remaining in a tightly curled ball, Fort rolls around erratically, hoping to deflect any oncoming attacks. The spinning does some good, as Fort is somewhat protected from the blast of ice from Mr Clause. Three images split off from Fort as he continues his haphazard rolling, and Mr Clause pauses a bit before releasing his last attack.

Deciding to choose one at random, Mr Clause fires the icy blast at the left one. The wide arc of ice dissipates two of the clones, while weakly hitting the real Fort, who feels the cold once again, but shakes it off by continuing to roll. Starting to get a bit light-headed, Fort splits off two more clones, adding to the one remaing clone. Slowing to a stop due to dizziness, Fort attempts to clear his head, while Mr Clause struggles to remain in flight, as his wing's pain increases with each flap.

Stats
Mr Clause- 85%(Health), 63%(Energy), small gash on right wing, small flesh wounds along torso and wings, in pain, 3 clones

Fort- 67%(Health), 73%(Energy), light-headed, 3 clones

Arena- fine

Gladiator
20th May 2003, 09:47 PM
Alright, you're a little lightheaded. We have a couple of clones to keep him guessing. Just take one action to regain your bearings. Use Rollout to shake off any cold feelings you get and go about the Double Team. If he, if at any time he uses Swift, use Defense Curl to lower damage.

Regain bearings-Rollout-Double Team

Sub: Defense Curl if Swift is used.

Don't worry if he lands and tries to wham you with Melee attacks. Just use Rollout He'll have a hard time catching up to you from behind. If he attacks from the front, you'll just run him over. Getting you from above will be hard to do

ryandude713
21st May 2003, 12:07 AM
toxic ~ double team ~ swift

ryandude713
9th June 2003, 02:11 PM
CAN WE PLZ GET A SUB REF!
ITS BEEN 3 WEEKS!

Cyrus
23rd June 2003, 02:30 PM
I was asked to sub ref this battle…

Round 4:

Prebattle Stats:

Mr. Clause- 85%(Health), 63%(Energy), small gash on right wing, small flesh wounds along torso and wings, in pain, 3 clones

Fort- 67%(Health), 73%(Energy), light-headed, 3 clones

Commands:

Mr. Clause: Toxic ~ Double Team ~ Swift

Fort: Regain bearings ~ Roll out ~ Double Team

Battle:

As the battle between the two continues, the insect pinecone takes the time to clear his head after spinning on end for an extended period of time. Never one to pass up an opening, Mr. Clause launches a large globule of toxic waste to seep into his foe’s pores, slowly eating away at the pinecone. As Fort’s head clears, he begins to spin in place in an attempt to avoid damage. Yet not such attack comes, the frigid bird summons a pair of false images to stave off any future attacks. As the spinning bug comes to a halt and prepares to summon additional clones, yet elects to scrunch up into a ball, retracting the layers of armor as Mr. Clause releases a flurry of stars to shred his opponent’s clones. While the stars do minimal damage to the curled up bug, the insect now lacks his clones.

Post battle Stats:

Mr. Clause- 85%(Health), 50%(Energy), small gash on right wing, small flesh wounds along torso and wings, in pain, 5 clones

Fort- 63%(Health), 57%(Energy) | Toxic (5% next round)

ryandude713
23rd June 2003, 10:24 PM
double team ~ swift ~ swift

Gladiator
24th June 2003, 05:56 PM
Use Swift to destroy the clones. Follow with Toxic. End with Rollout.

Cyrus
26th June 2003, 10:24 PM
My apologizes for the delay, I missed your both posting… If ‘most’ of the battle equals 3/5ths of the battle then I believe I am now your ref by the new standards. If I fail to respond with a reffing in three days please PM me or inform me on AIM.

Round 5:

Prebattle Stats:

Mr. Clause- 85%(Health), 50%(Energy), small gash on right wing, small flesh wounds along torso and wings, in pain, 5 clones

Fort- 63%(Health), 57%(Energy) | Toxic (5% next round)

Commands:

Mr. Clause: Double Team ~ Swift ~ Swift

Fort: Swift ~ Toxic ~ Roll out

Battle:

The battle continues to unfold as Mr. Clause summons an additional trio of clones, a total of nine images stand before the unfazed bug. A dazzling barrage of stars shatter the eight clones while opening additional minor lacerations on the bird’s flesh. The delibird retaliates with a barrage of stars of his own as Fort launches a spit wad to cover the bird in toxic slime. Continuing his assault against the pine cone, Mr. Clause releases another flurry of stars to cut into his opponent. The stars connect as Fort begins to spin in place, gaining momentum.

Post Battle Stats:

Mr. Clause- 78%(Health), 40%(Energy), small gash on right wing, small flesh wounds along torso and wings, in pain | Toxic (4% next Round)

Fort- 48%(Health), 48%(Energy) | Toxic (9% next round)

Gladiator
28th June 2003, 10:43 PM
Let's use another Rollout to gain momentum, follow with Double Team, end with Spiky Fortress

Pineco, M
Fort
Sig: Spiky Fortress
Description: Pineco glows a bright blue as he adds extra armor to himself. He then makes it so that his extra armor sticks out as spikes. All physical attacks that his enemy uses on him will cause 2% damage to the attacker. Also all of Fort’s melee attacks get an *1.5 boost. Ranged attacks are not affected. The effect lasts two rounds. Takes three rounds after the effect wears off to be used again.
Type: Bug |Accuracy: 90% |Damage: 0% |Effect: See sig.

Damage should be reduced by Rollout and the armor

ryandude713
6th July 2003, 02:14 AM
double team ~ swift ~ ice beam

Cyrus
6th July 2003, 04:18 PM
Round 6:

Prebattle Stats:

Mr. Clause- 78%(Health), 40%(Energy), small gash on right wing, small flesh wounds along torso and wings, in pain | Toxic (4% next Round)
Fort- 48%(Health), 48%(Energy) | Toxic (9% next round)

Commands:
Mr. Clause: Double team ~ Swift ~ Ice beam
Fort: Rollout ~ Double Team ~ Spiky Fortress

Battle:
The poisoned bird calls into existence three clones in an attempt to ward away attacks. Yet Fort does nothing to remove them at this moment, he begins to spin in place in a hapless attempt to ward away coming attacks. As Fort comes to a halt to summon a quintet of images into the field, yet they only last an instant as Mr. Clause smites them out of existence with a flurry of stars. As Fort curses his luck, sprouting another layer of jagged spikes, Mr. Clause covers his opponent in a layer of frost as he lashes out with a beam of frigid energy.

Post battle Stats:

Mr. Clause- 74%(Health), 25%(Energy), small gash on right wing, small flesh wounds along torso and wings, in pain | Toxic (8% next Round)

Fort- 14%(Health), 33%(Energy) | Toxic (18% next round)

Gladiator
6th July 2003, 08:39 PM
Okay, I know I don't have a chance in Hades at surviving this situation, I know when I'm beat. If it's all the same to you ryandude, I'll forfeit now and declare you victor. If, however, you get your kicks in making your opponent's suffer (You know I'm kidding, right?), I'll continue this match till the end.

ryandude713
8th July 2003, 11:33 PM
ill let u forfeit

ill elvolve houndour!