PDA

View Full Version : Same-sex adoption upheld in Mexico

Telume
16th August 2010, 04:09 PM
http://www.shewired.com/Article.cfm?ID=25587

Funny how a country that's heavily catholic upholds this law.

crown34
17th August 2010, 08:38 AM
http://www.shewired.com/Article.cfm?ID=25587

Funny how a country that's heavily catholic upholds this law.

That my good friend is the definition of irony.

Lady Vulpix
17th August 2010, 01:06 PM
I don't think that's ironic. They recognize that just because the majority of the Catholic church says one thing, not everyone has to follow blindly. And not everyone in Mexico is Catholic either. Most of them, yes, and those who aren't tend to reculde themselves in small communities (from what I've heard), but this seems to me like a step forward towards integration.

Speaking of same sex marriages and doubtful irony... two men got married a few days ago and one of them died the next morning.

crown34
17th August 2010, 01:18 PM
I don't think that's ironic. They recognize that just because the majority of the Catholic church says one thing, not everyone has to follow blindly. And not everyone in Mexico is Catholic either. Most of them, yes, and those who aren't tend to reculde themselves in small communities (from what I've heard), but this seems to me like a step forward towards integration.

Speaking of same sex marriages and doubtful irony... two men got married a few days ago and one of them died the next morning.

Well we all have our own opinons...

RedStarWarrior
17th August 2010, 09:59 PM
It's fucking Mexico!

How dare they be more progressive than the almighty UNITED MOTHERFUCKING STATES!?

Seriously, go Mexico. I'm happy! :)

Deadwood_Zen
17th August 2010, 10:55 PM
Hm... My previous message must not have gone through -,-

A country with heavy influences from the church, and in the middle a huge drug war, can still manage to see that all is right with same-sex marriage, and still be more accepting then America. I really hate this country...

Woot for Mexico, though! :D

Telume
18th August 2010, 11:30 AM
It's not without its controversy though, one priest there actually had some nice words for the national assembly, and even going so far as to use a pejorative for gay men.

Blademaster
18th August 2010, 03:30 PM
It's fucking Mexico!

How dare they be more progressive than the almighty UNITED MOTHERFUCKING STATES!?

Sadly, most of the country sees it less as 'progressive' and more as "them filthy border-jumpin' third-world spics jes' doin' whate'er dey fuckin' wanna 'cuz they dunno no better. brb, fuckin' mah sister.". So it'll probably further push back any forward progress for gay marriage in this country in at least a few states.

RedStarWarrior
18th August 2010, 05:07 PM
Sadly, most of the country sees it less as 'progressive' and more as "them filthy border-jumpin' third-world spics jes' doin' whate'er dey fuckin' wanna 'cuz they dunno no better. brb, fuckin' mah sister.". So it'll probably further push back any forward progress for gay marriage in this country in at least a few states.
At least we don't have to worry about the gay couples having a lot of kids which cause them to sneak into the US illegally to make money to send back to Mexico by doing odd jobs for folks down at the Home Depot.

Deadwood_Zen
18th August 2010, 10:14 PM
At least we don't have to worry about the gay couples having a lot of kids which cause them to sneak into the US illegally to make money to send back to Mexico by doing odd jobs for folks down at the Home Depot.
Way to the Optimist! :D (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlBiLNN1NhQ)

Telume
19th August 2010, 07:39 PM

Especially with laws like the ones in AZ.