PDA

View Full Version : School >.< *shudder*

Darth CookieMonster
28th August 2010, 01:19 PM
alright what is everyone doing for school.. im gonna be a sophomore in high school

Telume
28th August 2010, 01:26 PM
I got a Saturday class, beat that.

Oslo
28th August 2010, 01:31 PM
I'll be starting my fourth and final year of my undergrad in September. :) The notion of being so close to the end terrifies me. I hope the next eight months drag.

After, I'll be pursuing my MA or MFA. Egads.

ChobiChibi
28th August 2010, 01:48 PM
Third and final year of my BA. My dissertation scares me. 20 minute recital that sums up three years work. Aaaah!!

Also considering the MA option... Or if all else fails, PGCE.

Samchu
28th August 2010, 03:10 PM
Third and final year of a combined honours Classical Civilisations / Creative Writing BA.

I'm slightly dreading my 2 dissertations. Classics wants an 8,000 word essay off of me and Creative Writing want the opening 3 chapters of a novel (at an average of 5,000 words a chapter) and a detailed scene-by-scene synopsis of the remainder of the book. On top of this, I also need to adequately pass Ancient Greek Religion and Writing Song Lyrics. September 27th = the end of the my life.

Blademaster
28th August 2010, 03:23 PM
I'm done with all that shit. That's why I work for minimum wage.

...Or I would, if anyone would hire me.

Livin' the dream. :cool2:

Deadwood_Zen
28th August 2010, 03:31 PM
I am a Sophomore in High School, as well. I have to march Tenor Sax for band, and play Guitar for Jazz Band. They would not let me drop either, so I can't take Web Design I and Creative Writing like I was planning to DX

ChobiChibi
28th August 2010, 04:51 PM
I'll march with my Tenor Sax instead for you :D I've always wanted to march and shizzle...

Deadwood_Zen
28th August 2010, 06:53 PM
Saxphones FTW!

classy_cat18
28th August 2010, 07:27 PM
I've already graduated from college, thank God. Now I'm an unemployed bum like Blademaster! ^_^

Ayeun
28th August 2010, 09:16 PM
First year uni student. Australia doesn't have 'Sophomores' and 'Freshman' .

Deadwood_Zen
28th August 2010, 09:58 PM
Freshman, Sophomore, Junior and Senior are just fancy names for 'First Year' 'Second Year' and so on.

abunaidesu
28th August 2010, 11:19 PM
http://www.chem1.com/acad/webtext/intro/int-images/CO2man.jpg

Shown above is a human figure made by manipulating the position of carbon monoxide (CO) molecules on a platinum surface. The molecules were manipulated using a technique called scanning tunneling microscopy (STM) as borrowed from this site.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
29th August 2010, 01:00 AM
I'm going to Ylivieskan Kansalaisopisto. It's a voluntary school for every age. I used to teach Japanese there, but this time I'm just a student.

DivineAll
29th August 2010, 01:52 AM
Finished Community College. Waiting for the Diploma I stupidly forgot to get approved. Know that I'm not college material after my time there. Just trying to find a job now. Stupid current economy...

Drago
29th August 2010, 03:59 AM
It's nearly been two years since I graduated from my three year Uni course. Christ, I sound old when I say it like that. Fortunately, I'll soon be rich and famous, making age inconsequential.

Deadwood_Zen
29th August 2010, 05:41 AM
...Until you die, and your fame and fortune mean nothing more to you. Just sayin'

Drago
29th August 2010, 06:26 AM
Or your education, so you better drop out now.

Zak
29th August 2010, 07:30 AM
Going into what's supposed to be my last year of college, but I'm a little short on credits so it may not actually be.

I'm actually kind of happy about that...

Magmar
29th August 2010, 08:17 AM
Final year of my B.S. program!

Unbraced
29th August 2010, 09:04 AM
8 days into high school.

Katie
30th August 2010, 02:48 PM
taking a victory lap cuz graduating college in 4 years is like leaving a party at midnight /cliche

I get 4 day weekends and my earliest/latest/longest day is 11:30-2:20

yeahhhhhhhhh buddy :cool:

MToolen
31st August 2010, 03:43 PM
Started my third year of uni last week (two down, three to go) on a Music Ed degree.

Deadwood, trust me, it's worth it. Web design will change in five to ten years, so that class will be worthless; any English class worth taking has a writing portion to it. Music's the way to go.

abunaidesu
31st August 2010, 10:07 PM
Well evidently you haven't taken enough English courses.

Roy Karrde
31st August 2010, 10:21 PM
Started University of Texas in Dallas, which is why I haven't been around so much xD with the Game Dev field so crappy I thought "Why not".

Deadwood_Zen
31st August 2010, 10:50 PM
The English I have is all about public speaking, and hates writing(which is ironic, dontcha think?). All the English courses at the High School involve book reports, and Shakespeare- but don't get me wrong, I love Shakespeare, but I want to learn how to improve on expressing myself literaturely.

Dryk
31st August 2010, 11:19 PM
Got my last year of high school, now I have to apply for college. Oh, and I play french horn in the band, happily, I don't march so I have extra time. Say yay for a class on Lord of the Rings

abunaidesu
1st September 2010, 12:32 AM
The English I have is all about public speaking, and hates writing(which is ironic, dontcha think?). All the English courses at the High School involve book reports, and Shakespeare- but don't get me wrong, I love Shakespeare, but I want to learn how to improve on expressing myself literaturely.

Take a fucking basic grammar course instead.

Deadwood_Zen
1st September 2010, 01:59 AM
We don't have any. Ima trying to do the best we can, but I live in Nevada(which is poor enough in education to begin with), in one of the poorer counties too. Funding is very poor here. The band had to pay for our own uniforms out-of-pocket and through fundraising since we have no money from the state. One day Ima get out of this shithole...

RedStarWarrior
1st September 2010, 06:01 AM
College graduate and employed.

Rossymore
1st September 2010, 08:44 AM
Don't go back to ma school until the 13th. Crap, that's less then two weeks away! Where did the time go? I've been on holiday since June 17th.

I'll be starting my first of two years at Sixth-Form, which is like college, except not.

Telume
1st September 2010, 11:33 AM
I have a very messed up schedule this semester, I hate having certain days off 'cause then I'm compelled to stay up late and when I go to class the next day, I feel crappy.

IE: M W F or T R classes with nothing in between

Oslo
1st September 2010, 11:54 AM
I love random days off! My schedule is pretty bitchin', I gotta say. Twelve hours of class a week, Fridays off, one hour of class on Thursdays, only one night class... my Mondays start at 10:30, my Tuesdays at 2:30, Wednesdays at 11:30 and Thursdays at 2:30...

And, y'know, I'm still gonna whine about not having enough time to do things. ;)

Although, I will have my thesis work to do on top everything, not to mention my work study... balls. D:

Little_Pikachu
1st September 2010, 12:24 PM
I graduated uni with a degree like... 4 years ago, so no school for me. Enjoy it while you can though, full time work sucks :)

Deadwood_Zen
1st September 2010, 11:11 PM
HOLY SHIZ NIZZ! I MADE THE PAPER FOR BEING IN THE BAND!

No, seriously. The picture for our high school band is of me and my friend, playing our Tenors. Which is weird, now that I think of it, since we play Guitar/Bass together in Jazz Band, and used to jam back when our group was together too lol