PDA

View Full Version : My Dad has Cancer

Metallixs Girl
7th September 2010, 03:45 PM
I found out yesterday that my dad's back cancer has spread to his liver. He broke his back in January and they found cancer tumors in June. He got Neumonia from chemo and wasn't able to get any more. He's been in the hospital off and on all summer and this time it was over a month because he's been getting worse. They moved him to hospice yesterday and estimated a day to a month.

Heald
7th September 2010, 04:15 PM
I'm very sorry to hear that MG. Having lost my father to cancer 9 years ago, I know how hard it is to have to live in such a situation. I can only offer my best wishes to you and your family. God bless.

Knight of Time
7th September 2010, 04:33 PM
I'm really sorry to hear about the suffering your dad is going through, Metallix's Girl...hope you'll be able to stay strong through this whole event to the very end, cancer is never fun.

I only hope you can stick around here, if not, it's very understandable.

Metallixs Girl
7th September 2010, 04:56 PM
Thank you both. I don't expect to have to leave TPM, but if I do I'll try and let you know. I don't really know how things will happen.

Jeff
7th September 2010, 05:03 PM
Just remember, you have the support of your friends and family. No matter what happens, they'll still be there for you.

MeLoVeGhOsTs
7th September 2010, 05:05 PM
Get things of your chest (like you're doing now), it helps. Also, a good hobby to get your mind of things.

I wish you personal strenght to endure through these unfortunate events; and strenght to make you able to support your father.

Best of luck!

Asilynne
7th September 2010, 06:06 PM
Im sorry to hear this *hugs* :< My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family..

Metallixs Girl
7th September 2010, 06:29 PM
Thanks, and Jeff you are right, I couldn't ask for better family members.

Blademaster
8th September 2010, 03:29 PM
Well... That really sucks.

Good luck to you both.

Magmar
8th September 2010, 10:11 PM
Thinking of you and your family :(

Master Rudy
9th September 2010, 03:43 AM
Damn that blows. My dad has prostate cancer but we were lucky in the fact that the doctors caught it very early. I haven't made a big deal about it on here since a full recovery is expected but I do wish he'd take it more seriously as opposed to making jokes about sticking his .45 up his ass in order to cure it ~_~()

In any case we're all here for you. Remember that ^_~

shazza
9th September 2010, 04:33 AM
I am sorry to hear this. It's been over nine years now since my mother passed away from cancer.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
9th September 2010, 05:55 AM
Sorry to hear that, too. Good you're able to share this.

Metallixs Girl
9th September 2010, 12:43 PM
Thank y'all everyone. :) I appreciate the kind words.

Unbraced
9th September 2010, 06:19 PM
Really sorry to hear that. Hearing stuff like this always makes me feel like a ***hole because I've never lost anyone like this,(keep in mind I'm younger than most of you) and I know their's no way I could understand how your feeling. I'm really sorry.

Metallixs Girl
9th September 2010, 06:50 PM
Thanks, Unbraced. ^^

Metallixs Girl
13th September 2010, 03:33 PM
He went last night.

Asilynne
13th September 2010, 03:58 PM
*hugs* Im sorry >.<

Lady Vulpix
13th September 2010, 04:02 PM
I'm sorry, Metallixs Girl. Hm... I wish I could do or say something useful.

Knight of Time
13th September 2010, 04:22 PM
Sorry to hear of your dad's passing, Metallix's Girl.

You have my sympathy, I just hope you and your family can pull through this alright.

Heald
13th September 2010, 04:49 PM
Sorry Metallixs Girl. I can only offer my deepest condolences to you and your family.

Jeff
13th September 2010, 04:59 PM
:(

My condolences.

MeLoVeGhOsTs
13th September 2010, 05:50 PM
My condolences. Good luck.

Metallixs Girl
13th September 2010, 06:23 PM
Thanks everyone. I have a big family on both sides, we'll be all right...

Blademaster
14th September 2010, 06:59 PM
I'm sorry, Metallixs Girl. Hm... I wish I could do or say something useful.

Let me take a stab at it.

Did your Dad love you, MetallixsGirl?

Yes?

Then honor him by doing what he'd have wanted you to do: Live your life. It's fine for you to mourn him for now. It's barely been two days. But you'll likely feel stricken with grief for awhile, even for weeks or months after the funeral.

Fight it. If you're as Christian as you say you are, then you know where he likely is now, and how happy he is to be there. You must do the same. If not for yourself, then for him. Remember him. Move on with your life for him. Make him proud of his little girl.

alanmoore
14th October 2010, 02:49 AM
ill pray for you Dad.

Little_Pikachu
14th October 2010, 04:40 PM
I think Blade said it better than I could. Take some comfort in the fact that he's not in any more pain, your family will be there for you to help you through this and our thoughts are with you too.