PDA

View Full Version : PSP question

Ayeun
8th September 2010, 09:14 PM
Hey all VGamers...

I just purchased Final Fantasy 7 on my PSP (cost me $15.99), and took 3 hours to download. My question is, where on my memory stick did it save it, so I can back it up and keep a copy on my computer, just incase my memory card goes cactus.

Also, is it possible to share it to friends?

Link
9th September 2010, 08:04 PM
Sharing it with friends? Nope, I don't think so..:)

EngiMatikul
9th September 2010, 08:16 PM
If you mod your PSP you can probably access the game you just downloaded, as well as copy it to other harddrives and let your friends play it if they have modded PSPs as well. I don't have that experience though since I haven't modded my PSP (yet, more or less because I'm too lazy to :V).

Ayeun
9th September 2010, 08:23 PM
Well that answers that question, but where do I find it on my memory stick to back it up? I dont want to have to buy it again and download it if my memory stick goes kaput...

Weasel Overlord
22nd September 2010, 04:42 PM
When you got your PSP, you shoulda got a wire with it to connect to a computer/laptop or whatever. You can use that to access the files on your memory stick - just plug it into the computer and go into USB mode. Just have a poke around and you should be able to find the files somewhere. I got my Spyro save from my PSP onto the PS3 using that method.

Also re: friends downloading your games. If you're not bothered about sharing account information, they can sign in as you and download it again onto their own machine without having to pay. That's how me and my bf split our DLC on the PS3, and I also have a copy of his Suikoden on my PSP, as well as we both have Spyro and Vagrant Story.

Master Rudy
22nd September 2010, 10:54 PM
Also re: friends downloading your games. If you're not bothered about sharing account information, they can sign in as you and download it again onto their own machine without having to pay. That's how me and my bf split our DLC on the PS3, and I also have a copy of his Suikoden on my PSP, as well as we both have Spyro and Vagrant Story.

That pretty much sums it up for any of the systems that have DLC. Assuming the PS3 is like the 360 if you wanted to let a friend play it without paying then you would have to let them have your account info which as I'm sure many people will tell you is an extremely bad idea 99% of the time. In the case of the 360 you can download it to another 360 HD but in order to access the DLC on a second system you'd also have to be signed into Live meaning an internet connection would be required. This also means that if your friend got an urge to play Mega Man 10 or Scott Pilgrim vs. The World that the network would boot you off while you were in the middle of that Modern Warfare match the moment they logged in.

Personally I feel it's far more trouble than it's worth. Take it from me......people can do weird ass shit if they get your account info (even those that you trust). Just do the right thing....if they want it that badly have them download it themself on their own account. Sure it may suck having to pay for it but be aware that every time a game gets pirated/shared for free that it'll be yet another excuse for the game designers to up the price of their products.