PDA

View Full Version : party music

papabopp
10th September 2010, 11:24 PM
my friend and i are gonna throw an awesome party and id like some suggestions for music we already have a pretty big list but the more the better
we wanna play some of every genre as long as its up beat able to dance to
thnx

Mikachu Yukitatsu
11th September 2010, 01:11 AM
Every genre? Does that include Classical too?

papabopp
11th September 2010, 01:31 PM
ok no classical music. just any music that for the most part younger people listen to (not excluding classic rock or older rap or 80s music) its just gotta be stuff that you can either head bang to or just dance to

Asilynne
11th September 2010, 02:06 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GncK6IuY8OA

Blademaster
11th September 2010, 05:50 PM
SWEET RAVE PARTY!!!!!!! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOpLmqOAnvM)

abunaidesu
11th September 2010, 09:39 PM
jersey shore soundtrack

Master Rudy
11th September 2010, 10:53 PM
A party just isn't a party without a little Ozzy! Linkin Park is pretty good too ^_~

shazza
11th September 2010, 10:56 PM
QApHQbuO8-U

Magmar
11th September 2010, 10:56 PM
lady gaga
if only that everyone knows her shit and will sing along drunkenly

chaos_redefined
12th September 2010, 03:35 AM
little kuriboh's versions of lady gaga, coz that's the only way i know her stuff...

but, it depends on your group of friends.

Blademaster
12th September 2010, 07:22 PM
Linkin Park is pretty good too ^_~

Emo detected.

abunaidesu
12th September 2010, 10:01 PM
Not that I listen to Linkin Park, but are you seriously dense enough to consider anyone who listens to them emo?

MeLoVeGhOsTs
13th September 2010, 03:19 AM
Agreeing with above user.

Blademaster
13th September 2010, 12:11 PM
Shut the fuck up both of you this ain't Mt. Moon. Stay on-topic.

Master Rudy
13th September 2010, 03:09 PM
Shut the fuck up both of you this ain't Mt. Moon. Stay on-topic.

*clap*
I know Blade isn't the most popular guy here but that was well said. LP may be a good band but they aren't everyones cup of tea. God forbid one of my friends pokes fun at me for liking them :rolleyes:

Katie
13th September 2010, 06:04 PM
lp sucks

lately I've been rocking the fuck out to joe satriani's surfing with the alien. put that on!

papabopp
15th September 2010, 05:44 PM
Blade, katie...shut the fuck up Linkin Park is my absolute favorite band. Ill kill you both
anyways thanx guys :)

Blademaster
15th September 2010, 07:16 PM
Don't threaten me you nooblet shit. Threats make me unhappy. You don't want me to become unhappy, do you?

Sorry for insulting your crappy band, though.

kazr
15th September 2010, 07:50 PM
xLb9jPuDS9Y

kazr
15th September 2010, 07:53 PM
XwKvwD97cf8

kiQppszlXrg

zc0BMYQgD-M

gObxSdrYnF4

r6a-AHLRoAw

g2nmgcVbfKE

Bear
15th September 2010, 09:11 PM
Hypnotize - Notorious B.I.G.
California Love - Dr Dre ft. Tupac
The Joker - Steve Miller Band
Paradise City - Guns n Roses
Sweet Home Alabama - Lynyrd Skynyrd

Can't go wrong with these 5 songs. Something for everyone, and well rounded so people won't be all like wtf is this shit?

EDIT: Linkin Park was cool until they released four remakes of the same album.

kazr
16th September 2010, 02:29 AM
ro4yhp9L6Ok

Blademaster
16th September 2010, 04:50 AM
Kazr I don't know how, but everything you post is funny as fuck.

Even your music here, which I mostly like, is making me laugh. No idea why.

Master Rudy
16th September 2010, 06:31 AM
Linkin Park was cool until they released four remakes of the same album.

Four of the same album James? Enlighten me.....

Linkin Park Discography:

-Studio Albums
Hybrid Theory: 10/24/00
Meteora: 3/25/03
Minutes to Midnight: 5/17/07
A Thousand Suns: 9/14/10

-Remixes/Collaborations/Mash Ups
Reanimation (HT Remix): 7/30/02
Collision Course (Mash Up with Jay-Z): 11/30/04

-Live Albums
Live in Texas: 11/18/03
Live At Milton Keynes: 11/24/08

Obviously you have Reanimation so I'll give you two of the same album. Collision Course is extremely debatable and started as a Jay-Z project rather than an LP one. Plus as that is only six tracks and about 20 minutes it's not even a full album! Finally there's the fact that the songs on that one are all mash ups. I'd be willing to give you 1/4 of an album on that one and even that is being overly generous. Live albums? Nope.....quite a few big name bands and artists eventually release a live album consisting of whatever the setlist for that paticular tour was. I don't care who the artist or band is......you'd be hard pressed to find anyone who would count that as releasing the same album again. Finally I didn't list the LP Underground Albums as they usually tend to be avalible to the fan club only and consist of remixes, live versions and original content not avalible by normal means. Like with CC it'd be a joke to call any of them with perhaps one or two rare cases a full album.

So I guess in the end all that's left with you and your arguement is one remix album. What I've done with your arguement was break it in pieces and show you why it was wrong. It's ok to not like a band James but you best expect fallout from the fans if you try to say something that just isn't true. In some cases that kind of thing can be the catalyst for flame wars on the internet. Now if you'll excuse me I'm going to celebrate my victorious breakdown of what was wrong with that statement with my hands held high.

Originally I was going to leave the LP song titles/puns in my closing unbolded but then I had the feeling it'd go over everyone's head....... :P

Anyway speaking of LP here's their new song for you if you are still looking for party tracks (also note Mike's attempt at looking like a young Emperor Palpatine at the start XD)
PAPXbypyaq0

Also here's a song if you want something odd that actually had a decent beat:
HTN6Du3MCgI

Bear
16th September 2010, 07:52 AM
Listen a little more closely to Meteora, and you'll notice the striking similarities to Hybrid Theory. Each track on Meteora has the exact same chord progression, structure, meter, and even harmony of one of the tracks on Hybrid Theory (the exception to this is Nobody's Listening, which I will give them credit as being original :)). This similarity is most blatant in the final two tracks on each album, which are not only essentially the same song, but the same track number as well. "Session" and "Cure for the Itch" are so similar that you could probably juxtapose the two and nobody would even notice. "Numb" feels like they just took "Pushing Me Away" and rewrote some of the lyrics. It follows the same beat pattern to a T, the approaches to the chorus are identical (even in the notes. Couldn't they at least pick a different key?), and the musical bridges are basically cut and pasted.

Perhaps I exaggerated when I said 4. In truth it's only 3 of the same album.

Now please, don't take offense to what I am saying. The beautiful thing about music is that we are all entitled to an opinion, and mine is not any more valid than yours or anyone else's. Having known me personally, you should know better than anyone Rudy that I am not to be taken seriously, and that my jabs at your band are more for sport than anything else. I actually liked Linkin Park's first album, I liked Collision Course, and I think their newer stuff is alright (not great, but at least it deviated a bit from their previous sounds).

Thank you, at least, for giving me an intelligent rebuttal. Usually when I disagree with people they are like "AMAGA U SUX LP RULZ". We need to have another conversation about football soon. It's refreshing :).

Master Rudy
17th September 2010, 02:38 AM
Ok....in that case maybe I can see where you are coming from on that one James. The main thing with their first two albums was that they were much younger at the time and that the first album was mainly a mix of songs the group did between 1996 and 2000 prior to being a nationally known group. Meteora was the first album they did that was entirely new material. When MtM came out the group went in a new direction. Now we have ATS which I personally think is their best album yet. Problem is it's the type of album that's designed to be listened to from the first track to the end as everything flows together. It's got a decent mix of old and new LP but the problem with that kind of album is that it's not the type of album that people with zero attention span should be listening to. Hell the so called "true LP fans" actually hate it! Look on You Tube and Amazon and you'll see what I mean. Most people that listen to it seem to hate ATS.

It's funny.....here you are saying LP isn't different enough yet a good number of people bash MtM and ATS because it's not like the first two albums. Figure that one out..... :-/

jr5zBPj4jzo jerZbCfiqYs

Nobody's Listening off Meteora and She Couldn't which is a rare track back when they were known as Hybrid Theory (the former group name went on to be the name of their first album). Compare these songs to......

5-EmcOli28U uR2vcp_yrRs

The Little Things Give You Away from Minutes to Midnight and Burning in the Skies from the new album A Thousand Suns. It's actually hard to believe at times that this is the same group from 10 years ago isn't it?

Blademaster
17th September 2010, 01:02 PM
This thread needs less Linkin Park. Much less of it, preferably.

Katie
17th September 2010, 05:23 PM
Blade, katie...shut the fuck up Linkin Park is my absolute favorite band. Ill kill you both
anyways thanx guys :)

my bad lil man, my bad. you said awesome party so I thought you wanted awesome music

papabopp
17th September 2010, 05:48 PM
...internet forums...
Blade, dont tell me what to do and ill try ta remember not to threaten you.
Rudy, Bear...thumbs up for bein mature
thnx eveyone one else for bein badass and listin music i hadnt thought of

Blademaster
17th September 2010, 07:30 PM
Blade, dont tell me what to do and

Sorry to interrupt, but OK.

DON'T shut the fuck up.

EngiMatikul
20th September 2010, 12:22 AM
L0gYBduknLI

alanmoore
14th October 2010, 02:52 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GncK6IuY8OA

this one is really good. i like it.

Zak
14th October 2010, 04:32 AM
This is the first time I'm looking in this thread... um, dubstep anyone? Can't go wrong with that... for parties at least.

shazza
14th October 2010, 04:47 AM
I posted some dubstep nearly a month ago!