PDA

View Full Version : Saints/Pies: Round Two

Drago
25th September 2010, 03:24 AM
Anyone Australian or otherwise watch the AFL Grand Final? A mind-boggling 68-68 draw, to be settled next week. Me personally, I say screw the AFL for not just implementing overtime. What a bunch of money-hungry bastards.

I myself will be at work next week, so I won't see this one settled like it should have been today. Bollocks.

Gavin Luper
26th September 2010, 12:11 AM
I'm a Pies supporter, so this was the fucking weirdest feeling ever. Nobody really knew what to do or how to feel, which was pretty evident from the fans right through to the players and coaches and even the commentators. I have to say though, we were pretty lucky to come away with a draw, because we let the Sainters run over the top of us through the entire second half. Another minute and who knows what would have happened.

That said, I agree that they need to change the rules. How much would it suck having won tickets to the grand final - or worse, paying thousands for tickets, flights, hotels etc if you live interstate - only to have it basically be put off until the following week? Not to mention the strain on the morale of the players, which must be enormous (well, when they all fell to the ground after the siren, that pretty much summed it up).

So, I think the AFL HAS to review this and implement overtime just like they would with any other final draw. It's common sense to finish it all off at once and it's the fairest thing for the fans, players and everyone. The current method of replaying the entire match a week later is absolutely absurd, and I can only imagine that it's driven by a desire for selling 100,000 more tickets, advertising, etc etc.

shazza
2nd October 2010, 09:31 PM
I'm a Saints supporter. Last night was fail.

Gavin Luper
3rd October 2010, 01:34 AM
YESTERDAY WAS AWESOME! GOOD OLD COLLINGWOOD FOREVER!

Also, in Nick Maxwell style, I take back anything I ever said about a replay being ridiculous.