PDA

View Full Version : I challenge SneaselReborned

Syberia
20th April 2003, 08:43 PM
Yep.

The Fine Print (and all that other legalistic crap)
2 on 2
I'll choose first
You attack first
DQ: meh...
Reffy: Any takers?

Arena: The Tower of Orthanc
(Minus the Orcs, wizards, evil eyes wreathed in flame, etc of course :p)

A tall tower or stone and metal, rising from the once great and prosperous land of Isengard below. However, in the present day, it is the sole structure left standing among a barren wasteland of fire, ash, and lots of other nasty stuff. Battle will actually begin on the bottom most of eight stories. Now, for obvious reasons, Ground-type attacks may not be used here. For they may bring the very walls of the tower down in their fury. To this end, Saruman himself keeps watch over this arena, and will smite the user of any such attacks for 20% damage.

Every other round, a mysterious magic will teleport both combatants up one floor. Once they both reach the eighth (top) story, the arena becomes a vast, open-air platform on top of the tower itself. There are railings to prevent most pokemon from falling off on their own accord; but it is still possible to cause this through the use of certain moves. If a pokemon falls from the tower and is unable to get back up through its own means, Saruman will teleport it back to the top, but not before it loses roughly 10% of its health. The night sky itself, now visible above, twinkles with the glow of moonlight and starlight through the faint whisis of clouds. Obviously, this is the only floor in the arena where weather-altering attacks can be used.

Styx: Are you ever going to get tired of using that same old arena?

Don't count on it.

As my first pokemon, I choose...

Styx: Me?

You wish. About the same time I stop using that arena, I'll give you a chance to battle.

Styx: *begins to set explosives all around the base of the Tower of Orthanc* Sooner than you think :D

Eh... who ever taught you to use explosives? I thought all Scizors hated fire.

*releases a pokeball containing Aragog (Spinarak M) onto the cool, marble floor* You're up!

SneaselReborned
20th April 2003, 09:03 PM
I accept your challenge, Syberia. I see that your arena is quite interesting. For this fight, I shall summon up an unevolved pokemon. No doubt you will find him quite dangerous nonetheless. Yurameshi, the Dratini (M)!

Yurameshi, you are against a little spider. Surely you have seen that small doesn't mean weak, so we have to manipulate this spider in order to win. However, lets start off a quick protection before we begin. Safeguard! Let the mystical forces that you posess veil you! Then, use a Thunder Wave! Send paralyses flowing through the little spider's body. Finish off with a Supersonic! Even if he was able to block the Thunder Wave, he will have a hard time blocking off waves that will echo around the entire chamber! Lets see the little arachnid block that!

Syberia
20th April 2003, 11:29 PM
Hmm, a Dratini as your first opponent. This shall be interesting. I want you to give him a nice, juicy Sludge Bomb while he sets up that Safeguard of his. You can't try much else at the moment. Then, Agility away from the Thunder Wave as quickly as you can, and finally drown out his Supersonic with an earsplitting Screech of your own.

Sludge Bomb~Agility~Screech

Sooty
21st April 2003, 04:09 AM
I would ref this =)

Moltrecuno
21st April 2003, 11:28 AM
Heh. I was requested to ref by Syb but Sooty can ref this if he wants and/or if you guys want. He's actually a very good reffy ^_^

Charler: *coughbettathanucough*

¬¬;;; Shaddup Charler....

~M~

Syberia
21st April 2003, 07:27 PM
Sorry Sooty, but I already asked Teresa to ref this, she so graciously agreed... *grins and hides a small handgun behind his back*

Of course, you're more than welcome to be a sub-ref, if ever I need one. Or, if she just wants another excuse to be her normal lazy self, I don't mind ^_^

Styx: Funny to hear you talking about lazyness...

Yeah, you're right... I seem to have procrastinated way too long in killing you :p

SneaselReborned
23rd April 2003, 09:50 PM
Yeah, I'm okay will either Sooty or Teresa reffing. Sooty is pretty active and...erm...Teresa is...well...hehe....yeah. I don't care as long as Teresa will ref.

*hinthint*ElecManEXEversusSneaselReborned*hinthint *

SneaselReborned
3rd May 2003, 10:44 PM
This is ridiculous!

Cyrus
3rd May 2003, 10:55 PM
I can offer to ref if you need one after over a week...

SneaselReborned
3rd May 2003, 11:25 PM
Thank you Cyrus! I'm pretty sure Syb will be okay will it too.

Are you okay with it, Syb?

Syberia
3rd May 2003, 11:29 PM
A ref is a ref is a ref to me, unless they're lazy, that is.

SneaselReborned
6th May 2003, 06:30 PM
I'm just wondering why this battle has been neglected by TWO refs who both have a chance of reffing this and why Moltrecuno was reffing an AIM battle yet not reffing this:rolleyes:

Cyrus
6th May 2003, 10:08 PM
My apologizes... I hadn't noticed that either of you had accepted my offer, it must have fallen off the first page before I got back on.

Round 1:

Prebattle Stats:
Aragog (Spinarak M): 100% (HP) 100% (Energy)
Yurameshi (Dratini M): 100% (HP) 100% (Energy)

Commands:
Aragog: Sludge Bomb ~ Agility ~ Screech
Yurameshi: Safeguard ~ Thunder Wave ~ Supersonic

Battle:

The two trainers enter the first floor of the fabled Tower of Orthanc. Releasing their first champion, Syberia releases his Spinarak Aragog while SneaselReborned releases his Dratini Yurameshi. The two pokemon visibly shiver as they are exposed to the malevolent forces radiating a palpable sense of doom. The trainers note the warning sign hanging opposite the entry point, a warning against damaging his precious fortress. The implied threat is enough to earn a visible shudder from the trainers. The two prepared warriors take their positions, the spider near the south wall; the dragon takes his position opposite the spider near the north wall.

This conflict begins as the dratini begins to spin an enchanted ward to prevent all but the most basic forms of damage that he expects to see in this match. The manifestation of the ward appears in an instant, a series of interweaving azure orbs orbit Yurameshi’s head forming a brilliant blue halo, casting a blue luminosity across his draconic hide. The ward does nothing to suppress the palpable sense of doom perforating the arena. Completely unimpressed with the halo, Aragog places the finishing touches on a large bubbling glob of acidic toxic waste. The spider launches the glob of waste from between his mandibles. The sludge strikes the illuminated dragon in the torso, even as the sludge begin to burn through the dragon’s scales the sludge is unable to enter his blood stream and inflict any form of continuing to eat it’s way through his body. Yurameshi shakes the sludge off of his body, mewling in pain.

Shunting the pain away for the time being Yurameshi begins to polarize his body, generating a negative charge. As the charge becomes visible, golden lances of energy arc wildly around the dratini’s head, Aragog summons a supernatural alacrity to out maneuver his adversary’s next crippling assault. Yurameshi releases the static charge in the form of paired lines of golden radiance. The target being the eight legged opponent. But mere heartbeats later the spider shifts to the left, stopping at the western most point along the wall. With nothing between the twin waves and the wall, the static charges strike the enspelled stonewall. While the charge didn’t damage the stone, a single crimson X appears along the eastern wall.

While the trainers consider the dire implications of the X, the two warriors continue to play the good little soldiers jumping into the fray without a consideration for their own well-being. Aragog turns toward his opponent a release a screech that makes the blood boil. The two trainers drop to their knees, covering their ears. Even knowing what to expect, Syberia wasn’t prepared the unearthly octave the noise reached. The mortar creaks under the vibrations, releasing a cloud of dust and powdered mortar. As painful as the spider’s wail, it pairs in comparison to Yurameshi’s. The sonic vibrations eco off the stone fortifications, driving both trainers to the floor. As the unearthly din ends, both trainers remove their hands from their ears as they attempt to regain some semblance of balance, as they place their hands on the stone flooring they notice the blood on their hands. The unholy sound caused their ears to rupture. Looking at the two pokemon, neither appears to have faired any better as they are both limp on the flooring.

Post battle Stats:
Aragog (Spinarak M): 98% (HP) 85% (Energy) | Catatonic | Ears bleeding | Auditory Damage
Yurameshi (Dratini M): 81% (HP) 85% (Energy) | Safeguard is active (11 more actions) | Catatonic | Ears bleeding | Auditory Damage

Syberia
7th May 2003, 05:26 PM
Maybe I shouldn't ever try that again x_x

Aragog: Huh? What did you say?

Eh?

Aragog: Speak up!

What?

Styx: *takes out earplugs* *snicker*

-_-;;

That may not have been the best thing to win, but we're lucky to have come out of it ahead. I hope this time will be better, Aragog. Begin by Disabling your opponent as you tie him up with a String Shot; that Dratini looks enough like a caterpillar, let's put him in a nice little coccoon. When that's said and done, throw him around a bit with your Psychic powers. If he has managed to escape your coccoon, however, just use a Double Team instead.

Disable~String Shot~Psychic/Double Team

SneaselReborned
7th May 2003, 09:27 PM
Holy crap Screech was madness. I never thought it would be THAT crazy! Oh well, doesn't matter.

Yurameshi, I know we are way down, but we must keep fighting. That little arachnid is crafty, but we can win. Disable may stop the body from moving, but there is no way it can stop the mind. Start out with a quick Flamethrower and burn that little spider! Now, you will see that the evil Spinarak will be trying to bind you with string. Use an ExtremeSpeed attack to dodge the string and slap him silly! That disable should not be able to keep you paralyzed for long enough! Finally, he will just start to multiply. Don't mind that. Just slam him with a barrage of stars! Swift attack! Lets take that little spider down with us!

Cyrus
8th May 2003, 09:22 PM
Round 2:

Prebattle Stats:
Aragog (Spinarak M): 98% (HP) 85% (Energy) | Catatonic | Ears bleeding | Auditory Damage
Yurameshi (Dratini M): 81% (HP) 85% (Energy) | Safeguard is active (11 more actions) | Catatonic | Ears bleeding | Auditory Damage

Commands:
Aragog: Disable ~ String Shot ~ Psychic/Double Team
Yurameshi: Flamethrower ~ Extreme Speed ~ Swift

Battle:

The last round ended with both pokemon left in a catatonic state after a combined effect of supersonic and screech. No one is sure of just how long they will require to recover, but without any outside influence to shake the out of it, this could take awhile.

3 hours later

Aragog begins to stir, while a good sign this isn’t the first time this amazing interesting component of the match was broken with a boring shiver or convulsion by either of the combatants. It appears the spider has regained some form of consciousness. How much motor control or cognitive skills he posses at the moment have yet to be determined. A blue aura surrounds the spider, as it continues to grow the dragon begins to shutter. Yurameshi’s convulsions become increasingly violent as they persist. As Aragog’s aura flows across the arena as an uncontrolled wave, the dratini bolts up. The shift in position does nothing to shield the confused dragon from the wave of psionic energy moving toward him. The wave passes through Yurameshi’s body, leaving him unable to consciously move a muscle. The dragon is able to summon the flames of justice he had intend to scorch his opponent with, but not only is the dragon unable to aim he is unable expel the flames from within his body. As the flames continue to grow within the dragon’s body a series of hacking coughs forcibly expel the flames from his body, burning the inside of the dragon’s mouth yet avoiding the ultimately lethal result of having his organs exposed to a perpetually growing amount of fire.

Intrigued at the painful fit of coughs that forced the dratini to burn his mouth, Aragog begins to spin his spider silk. Yurameshi is still unable to move, much to his rage. As Aragog prepares to release his volley of silk strands, a blue fog expands from the center of the floor quickly engulfing both trainers and their first warriors. They are shifted to the floor above. The crimson X shifts as well, apparently it isn’t on the wall as much as it is hovering in space. Sufficient space from it’s current position in space would allow two additional Xs to appear without connecting with a wall. As the teleportation induced daze fades, Aragog again releases his silk strands, the dratini is securely held in place. As the dratini regains conscious control over his body, he attempts to launch himself at his opponent. But without the devastating momentum inherent to the technique he is unable to strain the silk, let along snap all of the silk strands.

Having locked his opponent in place, Aragog takes the time to generate a trio of illusions with the single most over used glamour in existence. The dratini releases a volley of stars from within his silken sleeping bag of doom. While the stars manage to cut away a few of the silk lines and pierce the cocoon and strike the spider, only a pair of stars targets an illusion. Unfortunately for Yurameshi both stars targeted the same clone, shattering it on contact. The round ends with Yurameshi left impotent within his silken confines hanging from the ceiling near the south wall. Aragog is flanked by his remaining pair of clones near the north wall of the second floor. The luminous red X hangs in space near the west wall.

Post battle Stats:
Aragog (Spinarak M): 98% (HP) 70% (Energy) | Auditory Damage
Yurameshi (Dratini M): 78% (HP) 70% (Energy) | Safeguard is active (8 more actions) | Auditory Damage | Cocooned (Hanging 3 feet above floor)

Arena: On second floor of the tower of Orthanc

SneaselReborned
9th May 2003, 08:49 PM
Well this helps. Our luck cannot possibly get any worse, can it?

Well, lesse here. Cyrus, before I post attacks, I have a question. By cocooned you mean that I am completely encased in webs, and I cannot move and I cannot shoot my attacks, right?

Great, what exact CAN I do?

Cyrus
12th May 2003, 11:47 AM
Direct physical attacks would be extremely diffecult to pull off, the paw or other limb would lack any force to break free. Your in effect blind, but your still able to determine a basic location of your opponent (Minor penalty to accuracy). Ranged attacks have a varying success rate based on what they are based on, blizzard would do far more damage to the silk cocoon than an icebeam would.

Unfortunately things can always get worse... Ask Syberia for an example if you want... *coughAeroblastcough* I hate randomizers...

SneaselReborned
12th May 2003, 06:09 PM
No, no, what I meant was that if I use an attack like...say...Thunderbolt, will it just hit the surrounding cocoon, shock me, and get me hurt? What about attacks like Thunder or Fire Blast? Icy Wind? I mean, if I use a ranged attack, will it just harmlessly hit the cocoon and hurt me instead?

Sorry if its taking a long time for attacks~_~.

BTW, Metrenomed Aeroblast can surely hurt. Think about Metrenomed Sacred Fire in Sunny Day with a sigmove that improves fire attacks a lot with a Bellsprout opponent and a Charizard user^_^! Though that never happened to me. Boo hoo.

Cyrus
12th May 2003, 06:33 PM
Electric attacks would most likely have no effect on your opponent and conduct back through the silk. Fire attacks would remove you from the silk cocoon extremely quickly, but almost gurantees your dragon will be burned. Ice attacks will weaken the silk strands, but a dratini's weight isn't sufficient to break the silk instantly. Normal attacks that translate into ranged attacks, hyperbeam would be suicidal and swift would be very effective.

Your delay is understandable with the position your in.

SneaselReborned
12th May 2003, 08:28 PM
Okay Yurameshi, I know you cannot really hear me, but lets try to do this!

Use Swift and whatever you can like Flailing and crap like that! If you break out, hit him with a Flamethrower. Just keep at it.

Swifts and Flails and Stuff/Flamethrower

Syberia
12th May 2003, 11:23 PM
Yes, metronomed Aero Blasts hurt. As does using Agility and somehow running into your own Hyper Beam (I remember that one too x_x)

Anyways, I'm not using Styx in this battle, at least not yet, so I don't think I'll have any problems like that, at least not for a while. For now, though... if he's trapped, let's take advantage of this while it lasts. Blast him with as many Night Shades as you can while he's stuck there, and if he manages to free himself before you're done, blind him with a Flash.

Night Shade/Flash (if he breaks out) x3

Cyrus
13th May 2003, 10:21 PM
Round 3:

Prebattle Stats:
Aragog (Spinarak M): 98% (HP) 70% (Energy) | Auditory Damage
Yurameshi (Dratini M): 78% (HP) 70% (Energy) | Safeguard is active (8 more actions) | Auditory Damage | Cocooned (Hanging 3 feet above floor)

Commands:
Yurameshi: Swift/Flail ~ Swift/Flail/Flamethrower ~ Swift/Flail/Flamethrower
Aragog: Nightshade/Flash ~ Nightshade/Flash ~ Nightshade/Flash

Battle:

Syberia’s current match within the Tower of Orthanc continues on the second floor. The spider has ensnared his first opponent in a silk cocoon with the intention of feasting on the life force of his opponent. Perhaps a straw would useful to duplicate the scene from Attack of the Killer Clowns from Outer Space. Or not, traumatizing people isn’t something the spider would enjoy, that and he lacks a curling straw to drain his opponent’s body of blood with. Instead he will level a series of negative energy waves at his draconic opponent. Yurameshi on the other hand is trapped within his homespun sleeping bag. Attempting to weaken the tensile strength of the cocoon, Yurameshi releases a volley of countless stars. Unfazed at the sight of his cocoon releasing a dozen stars, Aragog releases his wave of phantasmal energy toward his ensnared opponent. The wave washes over the dragon within the silk confines without weakening the damaged silk strands.

Yurameshi can feel the strands shifting around him; he suspects another barrage will free him. He can only hope he is right, remaining within the sleeping bag of doom will spell the end of him quickly. Releasing another flurry of stars, the cocoon shatters around him; the silk strands surround him as he drops the three feet to the stone floor below. Ignoring his opponent’s slight shift in location, Aragog again prepares a second wave of negative energy to release toward his opponent. As the purple-laced void envelopes his scaled opponent, a scream of pain is ripped from the dragon’s body. Yurameshi is forced to conclude that the energy he has been exposed to has done serious damage to his body, yet no physical damage is apparent. Aragog is pleased with the damage he has managed to deal to his opponent.

The two opponents face off, the draconic pride shattered by the sealing in a cocoon while the spider’s natural skittishness has been overridden by his ability to hamper his opponent. Intending to continue the trend of handicapping his opponent, Aragog prepares to release a static charge in an attempt to blind his opponent. The dragon, having achieved a state of greater freedom or where he can actually draw a deep breath, inhales deeply. Through a process that has yet to be explained, although multiple theories exist, the exhaling breath isn’t simply a carbon reach compound, but an ignited gout of flame. As Aragog shifts on his eight spindly legs to the left the single flash disrupts Yurameshi’s aim as well as the ability to see of both trainers. Unable to adjust the flow of fire, Aragog maneuvers free of a portion of the flames. As the burned spider recoils from the fire, the uncontrolled flames lick the stonewall behind Aragog. While no damage is done to the wall, the floating crimson X is paired with a second, hanging in the center of the wall. Any lasting effects of the single bright flash, such as retina damage were prevented by the ward, much to Aragog’s displeasure.

Post battle Stats:

Aragog (Spinarak M): 74% (HP) 65% (Energy) | Auditory Damage
Yurameshi (Dratini M): 50% (HP) 55% (Energy) | Safeguard is active (5 more actions) | Auditory Damage

SneaselReborned
14th May 2003, 06:16 PM
Could we please make this a 1 on 1 with the current pkmn fight to the death? I kinda need to open a battle slot quickly. Thanx if we can...

Syberia
14th May 2003, 10:28 PM
Yah, this is now a 1-on-1. The more open battle slots, the better, I guess (for both of us)

Aragog, we've got him right where we want him, so we might as well keep him there. Shred his last hopes with your best impersonation of something out of a Stephen King movie, and then pummel him from afar with Sludge Bombs.

Scary Face~Sludge Bomb x2

SneaselReborned
15th May 2003, 06:15 PM
Okay Yurameshi, we're down, but we can still win this thing!

I want you to not try too hard, but just keep a constant stream of flamethrowers aimed at Aragog's mouth so that when the Sludge comes out it will explode on Aragog. I don't want a super-powered one, just keep it going for the duration of the round right at Aragog's mouth!

SneaselReborned
15th May 2003, 06:16 PM
Im so stupid sorry for double post but i forgot attack commands at the end. Never Edit Attack Posts...

Weak Flamethrower, Steady Stream, Entire Round, Aimed At Mouth to Make Sludge Bomb Explode, Line of Fire Continues The Entire Round

Sorry!

Cyrus
18th May 2003, 03:09 PM
1 vs. 1 dually noted. My eternal apologizes for the delay… The matrix had me, I swear.

Round 4:

Prebattle Stats:

Aragog (Spinarak M): 74% (HP) 65% (Energy) | Auditory Damage
Yurameshi (Dratini M): 50% (HP) 55% (Energy) | Safeguard is active (5 more actions) | Auditory Damage

Commands:

Aragog: Scary Face ~ Sludge bomb ~ Sludge bomb
Yurameshi: Flamethrower + Flamethrower + Flamethrower

Battle:

As the battle continues, Aragog and Yurameshi ignore the pair of crimson Xs hovering above the wall. The spider has elected to inspire fear initially this round, intending to pound a cowering opponent instead of contending with more flames. Aragog mimics the face of evil and while this would normally cause even the most fearless souls to quake with fear, it is difficult to inspire fear when your head is enshrouded with flames. The dark appearance fades quickly as Aragog howls in anguish. As Yurameshi continues to bath his arachnid opponent in flames, Aragog attempts to launch a glob of acidic sludge at his opponent. However sludge doesn’t react well with fire, the sudden increase in relative kinetic energy causes the sludge to expand explosively, covering Aragog in his own toxic waste.

As Yurameshi is forced to stop expelling flames, the two combatants and their trainers shift up to the third level of the tower. The disorientation caused by shifting levels leaves the trainers on their knees in a daze. The two warriors fare no better, the spider barely able to stay on his feet while Yurameshi simply collapsed to the stone floor. The two Xs continue to adorn the eastern wall. As the two combatants recover from their teleportation-induced daze, they both return to their similar commands. A column of flames to enshroud his opponent’s maw while Aragog summons a second glob of hazardous waste to launch at his adversary. The biohazard intersect with the flames at a distance that prevents the resulting shower of waste from connecting with either of the combatants however both trainers will need to replace their shows, assuming shows covered in sludge is unattractive to them. Yurameshi again discontinues the flow of flame to pant, having been unable to draw breath for an extended period of time.

Post battle Stats:
Aragog (Spinarak M): 44% (HP) 55% (Energy) | Auditory Damage
Yurameshi (Dratini M): 50% (HP) 30% (Energy) | Safeguard is active (2 more actions) | Auditory Damage | Exhausted (Attacks will require an additional expenditure of energy | Sufficient time to recover will remove)
On third Floor of the Tower of Orthanc (2 Xs on east wall)

SneaselReborned
19th May 2003, 06:44 PM
Yurameshi, you were brilliant! Good job, you did me proud.

You may be a little tired, but a little bit of rest should easily fix that.

Start out with a good Haze attack. Use both your mist-making skillz and your hazyness stuff skillz to put up a good hazy misty shtuff and whatever. You get the point. Shroud yourself^_^. Next, make a quick Substitute (10%). Easy stuff. Then, just rest up easily. Concentrate on rejuvinationg all your energy. Good Dratini, good good Dratini.

Hey, Syberia, would you mind banning recovery moves like Rest? It gets really annoying when everybody uses rest all the time~_~. Thankz in advance! BTW, Giga Drain etc. is still acceptable^_^.

Syberia
20th May 2003, 08:22 PM
I suppose the Haze cannot be helped, but if Yurameshi wants to fill something with an icy mist, let it be nothing more than his own tomb. Coccoon the dragon once more with a String Shot; you must be quick. If he wants rest, he shall get it. Let him have all the rest he wants inside that silky prison of his while you blast it once more with Night Shade. However, if he somehow manages to spontaneously create a double of himself outside of the coccoon, blast it with a Sludge Bomb as quickly as you can. If he succeeds in pulling off Haze throughout the arena, though, I want you to use a combo of Psychic and Pursuit to find him.

String Shot~Night Shade/Sludge Bomb/Psychic~Night Shade/Sludge Bomb/Pursuit

SneaselReborned
20th May 2003, 09:28 PM
Erm, I'm just wondering, I didn't really get your attack commands..

You want Spinarak to shoot webs and try to completely cocoon Yurameshi in the haze and then use Psychic to find Yurameshi and pursuit to hit him? But how will you hit me if I have a Substitute and how will you cocoon me if the entire arena is so hazy you cannot see...

BTW, next time try to explain your attack commands better;).

SneaselReborned
23rd May 2003, 07:17 PM
1337 bumpage skillz

Yeah, sorry...

Syberia
23rd May 2003, 10:34 PM
I thought I explained them well enough... I want him to try and stop your haze with another coccoon if he can, and if he can't, then I want him to use a Psychic + Pursuit to locate you. Otherwise, just blast you with a couple of Night Shades. As you'd know with my battle with IceMan, I have a way of making my attack strategies seem more confusing then they really are ^_^;

EDIT: I think I forgot to say this before... I am perfectly fine with banning recovery moves in this match.

Cyrus
24th May 2003, 01:04 PM
My apologizes for the delay, I appear to continually over look this thread when searching for battles I need to ref, if I lose track of the battle I generally one do so once and not repeatedly as has happened with this battle.

Round 5:

Prebattle Stats:

Aragog (Spinarak M): 44% (HP) 65% (Energy) | Auditory Damage
Yurameshi (Dratini M): 50% (HP) 55% (Energy) | Safeguard is active (5 more actions) | Auditory Damage | Exhausted (Attacks will require an additional expenditure of energy | Sufficient time to recover will remove)

Commands:

Aragog: String Shot ~ Night Shade/Sludge Bomb/Psychic ~ Night Shade/Sludge Bomb/Pursuit
Yurameshi: Haze ~ Substitute (10%) ~ Break

Battle:

There is a whispered tale of an epic clash between two evenly matched warriors within the enchanted halls of the Tower of Orthanc. The account details the conflict between an arachnid of heroic proportions in a desperate mêlée against a draconic serpent. The ending of the cautionary tale has never been agreed a pone, yet the message is always the same “ Don’t invade a wizards tower! This tale, I assure you, is in no way based on the current battle.

Desperate to obscure himself from view Yurameshi applies one of his most potent draconic gifts, increasing the ambient level of moisture in the air quickly generating a fog in which to slither into. Baffled at how the fog exists within the third floor of the tower of Orthanc, Aragog launches a glob of silk tethered to his gapping maw. As the globule of silk connects within something within the dense layer of mist, an audible burst is detected by all present as the glob expands explosively encompassing what ever it connected with.

Yurameshi had been unable to avoid the second barrage of silk within his summoned fog, without being able to identify its trajectory he was unable to move of it it’s way. Cocooned within yet another SLEEPING BAG OF DOOM he lacks the ability to shape the proto matter into a life like decoy, for that matter he lacks the ability to move at all. As such, the exhausted dragon simply calms down, allowing his body to return to a state of rest and replenish some of his precious energy. Assuming the dense layer of moisture obscuring his vision has surrounded the entire floor, he performs his master’s desired combination technique. Summoning an aura of darkness to allow him to follow his opponent to the ends of the earth to envelope himself, the arachnid attempts to locate his opponent with his impressive telekinetic skills. Yet the impressive combination lacks a critical element for its success, a location for the target. Even his attempt to use the telekinesis as sonar fails; the force lacks the qualities necessary to bounce back. Unsure why his cunning opponent hasn’t landed another blow against his helpless form while he regains his precious energy, Yurameshi pays his thanks to whatever object of worship he holds dear.

Post Battle Stats:

Aragog (Spinarak M): 44% (HP) 50% (Energy) | Auditory Damage
Yurameshi (Dratini M): 50% (HP) 70% (Energy) | Safeguard is active (2 more actions) | Auditory Damage | Cocooned

Notes: Syberia, pursuit doesn’t confer the ability to track an opponent, simply to follow and telekinesis, which is what the move ‘Psychic’ is, is simply moving things with a ones mind. While I have to assume Spinark, and most other pokemon as well, posses some form of telepathy psychic isn’t it. And as such, your combination lacked the ability to locate Yurameshi.

Syberia
27th May 2003, 06:50 PM
Err... how did Aragog regain health?

If he's going to make it impossible for you to hit him, don't make it any easier for him to hit you. Flash as many times as you can, and if you manage to sopt him, unleash Night Shade upon his position.

Flash~Flash/Night Shade x2

Cyrus
27th May 2003, 07:53 PM
Aragog didn't regain HP nor did he lose any. I had forgotten to mention that Yurameshi is cocooned, my apologizies. If that alters your plans please repost your attacks.

SneaselReborned
27th May 2003, 08:56 PM
I'm going to wait on my commands until Syberia tell if he wants to edit his commands, k?

[EDIT] Aragog did gain health tho.

Aragog (Spinarak M): 44% (HP) 55% (Energy) | Auditory Damage
Yurameshi (Dratini M): 50% (HP) 30% (Energy) | Safeguard is active (2 more actions) | Auditory Damage | Exhausted (Attacks will require an additional expenditure of energy | Sufficient time to recover will remove)

Those are the stats before last round....

Cyrus
28th May 2003, 02:45 PM
I don't know how that happened but I have fixed it... thank you for pointing that out.

Syberia
28th May 2003, 07:58 PM
Nope, not going to change them. I had assumed Yurameshi was coccooned when I made them. One of the few times recently that an assumption of mine has been right :p

SneaselReborned
28th May 2003, 08:40 PM
Yurameshi, show him that just producing some light won't save him! Your haze should be nice and thick, so light won't save him! He'll be making light so much while you can just try to get out of your "shell".

Yurameshi, not too hard commands for now. Just keep using Swift until you break free, and if you have extra time after that and you can see Spinarak, use Flamethrower. If you cannot see him, then just use another Swift

Swift until you escape Mr. Evil Cocoon, Flamethrowers or Swifts for rest of actions depending on if you can see Spinarak or not

^_^!

Cyrus
2nd June 2003, 09:03 PM
Round 6:

Prebattle Stats:

Aragog (Spinarak M): 44% (HP) 50% (Energy) | Auditory Damage
Yurameshi (Dratini M): 50% (HP) 70% (Energy) | Safeguard is active (2 more actions) | Auditory Damage | Cocooned

Commands:

Aragog: Flash ~ Flash/Night Shade ~ Flash/ Night Shade
Yurameshi: Swift ~ Swift / Flamethrower ~ Swift / Flamethrower

Battle:

As the battle on the third floor of the Tower of Orthanc continues, Yurameshi finds himself in the same position he has been forced into early in the match. Trapped within the sleeping bag he finds it difficult to move yet he has a great deal of experience in extricating himself from this predicament. Releasing a single volley of glowing stars to cut through the silk strands, none of the stars survive the silk to harass strike the spider. Gently landing on the floor below him, Yurameshi prepares to hunt his opponent within the fog. Aragog, annoyed and the inability to visually locate his draconic opponent has been ordered to generate a flash of electricity. With a great deal of hesitancy the spider completes the command, trusting that his master has some sort of brilliant plan here. The sudden burst of radiance is reflected off the moisture in the fog, exposing the spider to a panoramic flash of light about eight times greater than the bright lights of a car in dense fog. To say that the spider’s compound eyes are suddenly unable to detect anything would be true, not that it has really changed anything due to the pesky fog.

Unable to locate his opponent within the dense fog he had summoned earlier, the dragon releases a second flurry of stars in an attempt to continue to harass his opponent. The flurry of stars turns in unison toward the spider hidden within the mist. The wounded spider is completely unaware of the stars racing toward him in the fog. A howl of pain is ripped from the spider’s small mouth as the stars of energy cut into his small furry body. Unable to perceive the location of his opponent, Aragog again releases a static charge attempting to blind his opponent. Even with the current state of his retina the flash only serves to further damage the spider’s eyes. Again the disorienting sensation of being in a void envelops the two warriors as they had prepared for their final attacks of the round. Yet the sensations and sudden shift inflict sufficient a state of distortion to make the efforts worthless.

Now located on the four and final of the enclosed floors of the tower of Orthanc, the two pokemon attempt to regain their wits with all possible haste. Unbelievably the spider recovers his wits first and releases a blinding flash of static electricity. But the spell that shifted the two trainers and their chosen warriors to the fourth floor didn’t shift the cursed haze with it. Yurameshi is denied the ability to visually target his opponent, combined with the lingering damage to his ear drums he is literally blind deaf and dumb. While unsure of his opponent’s exact locating and fearing what might occur if a third crimson X appears, Yurameshi again releases a flurry of stars to cut into the spider a final time. A yelp of pain is all the volley earns, the spider has become accustomed to the pain.

Post battle Stats:

Aragog (Spinarak M): 29% (HP) 35% (Energy) | Auditory Damage | Blind
Yurameshi (Dratini M): 50% (HP) 55% (Energy) | Auditory Damage | Blind

On fourth Floor of the Tower of Orthanc (2 Xs on east wall)

SneaselReborned
3rd June 2003, 10:59 PM
Wait a minute. Blind? Are you kidding?

So basically from now on Yurameshi can't see?

I'm just trying to think of what will happen. If both Yurameshi and Aragog cannot see, it will become a Swift match, and then it will just be whoever can use Swift faster, correct?

Man, this is going to be FUN!`_`

Cyrus
3rd June 2003, 11:01 PM
Blind isn't permanent, but it will take some time to fade, less for Yurameshi due to less exposure to it.

SneaselReborned
4th June 2003, 07:16 PM
Phew! I was scared there for a moment!

Anyway, Yurameshi, you may be a little disabled at the moment, but we can handle it. First, just try to get your sight back a little. Maybe blink your eyes a little bit. Just try to clear your vision a little.

If you can see Aragog, then I would like your to smash him with a Flamethrower. Show no mercy.

However, if you CANNOT see Aragog, then just shoot around with widespread Icy Winds. Just keep cycling the winds around.

If after the first or second wind you think that there is going to be little or no impact from more winds, then just use a Swift.

Don't go too hard, but just try to take that Spinarak out.

Also, all those commands are auto-checks. Basically, if on the second move Aragog is seen, then Flamethrower is used even tho its not first action. Yada yada.

Cyrus
4th June 2003, 07:31 PM
So it is blink widly for first action. For the remaining two icywind if blind, swift after icywind if icywind isn't effective. Flamethrower if target is located?

I don't understand if you expect blink to be an action or not. Please clarify before Syberia posts.

SneaselReborned
4th June 2003, 08:42 PM
*killz self*

Basically, I want Yurameshi to focus on trying to clear vision as well as attacking. Not an action, but just devote some of "attack energy" as you may call it to trying to clear vision faster. That is only for all actions until vision is clear enuff to see Aragog.

Syberia
4th June 2003, 09:19 PM
Just spin around and try to hit everything that you can with String Shot. Try and tie him up once again; we're hopefully not out of this yet.

Spinning String Shot x3

Cyrus
8th June 2003, 01:10 AM
Round 7:

Prebattle Stats:

Aragog (Spinarak M): 29% (HP) 35% (Energy) | Auditory Damage | Blind
Yurameshi (Dratini M): 50% (HP) 55% (Energy) | Auditory Damage | Blind

On fourth Floor of the Tower of Orthanc (2 Xs on east wall)

Commands:

Aragog: String Shot ~ String Shot ~ String Shot
Yurameshi: Flamethrower / Icy Wind ~ Flamethrower / Swift / Icy Wind ~ Flamethrower / Icy Wind / Swift

Battle:

As the final round within the Tower of Orthanc unfolds, both of the opponents are restricted in their ability to locate their opponent. As his draconic opponent begins to focus his energy on generating a frigid wind, Aragog simply begins to pivot on his eight legs while spraying gooey strands of silk around the arena. As the blinking dragon releases his gale force winds to strike harmlessly against the stonewall. To the horror of all present that can detect the appearance of a third crimson X hangs along the wall. A large hand glowing with arcane light appears out of nowhere to flick the dratini into the wall, splattering the silky goo all over the dragon’s body. As the spider continues to spray wildly, Yurameshi is again forced to cut himself free of silk with a quick barrage of stars as he continues to blink wildly. As vision slowly returns, Yurameshi is yet again covered in silk, unable to detect the return of his vision through the goo stuck to his head. Again the dragon cuts his way free with a hale of stars, freeing himself and managing to score a few hits on his spinning opponent. As the spider comes to a stop, his eyes focus on the empty wall and the opponent who has scored yet another blow on his furry hid.

Post battle Stats:

Aragog (Spinarak M): 25% (HP) 15% (Energy) | Auditory Damage
Yurameshi (Dratini M): 35% (HP) 40% (Energy) | Auditory Damage

Fourth Flour of the Tower of Orthanc, 0 Crimson Xs

Syberia
8th June 2003, 11:13 PM
I'll make this simple... Psychic his body off the tower, relax and restore some of your energy as he is brought back up, and then blast him with a Night Shade. Hopefully we'll survive this round, Aragog.

Psychic~Relax~Night Shade

SneaselReborned
8th June 2003, 11:16 PM
How do you Psychic me off the tower? Because we are on floor 4, not floor eight, right? Please explain. Is there something in Cyrus' reffing I missed?

SneaselReborned
8th June 2003, 11:24 PM
Aha! This is where we can take out chance! Syberia seems to have missed that we were only on the Fourth Floor of the tower. Therefore, we cannot fall off. Sure, he might attempt to smash us into the tower, but no worries. We can handle that.

Now, our vision is back. Finally! Start out by quickly slamming Aragog with a Flamethrower. Do this before you are caught by the psychic. Aragog only has 15% health, so either he will knock himself out due to energy loss, or he will barely do any damage to you. Either way, we now have a free turn to attack. Just take a quick account of how much energy you have left, and pour about 3/4 of that into one perfectly aimed blast. Choose Fire Blast/Flamethrower, depending on which you see as better fit for the situation. Make sure you hit, and make sure you have no mercy. If you must, cut back on the power and go with the more accurate Flamethrower. Just make sure you take that Spinarak down! Now, if you think that you have sufficient energy left, then blast Spinarak with another small Flamethrower. If not, then just Relax.

Thank you Cyrus for reffing this. I have a feeling one of the combatants is going to fall in this round. You were a good, active ref.

Syberia
8th June 2003, 11:47 PM
Major oversight on my part, I thought that "As the final round within the Tower of Orthanc unfolds" would mean we were fighting atop the tower next round.... oh well, I guess I'm screwed.

Cyrus
9th June 2003, 12:02 PM
A good ref wouldn't make a blunder that causes misunderstandings. My apologizies on the mistake, I thought it was five floors, not eight or I was altering the arena to match the altered state of the battle... I don't recall what I was thinking at the time, but either way it would be penalizing one or the other of you. I will assume I was a blundering idiot, please repost attacks considering that at some point during the round the two will be shifted to the fifth (of eight) floors.

Syberia
9th June 2003, 07:05 PM
No, it's my fault for not realizing that you said both pokemon are on the fourth floor right at the bottom of your reffing... Just ref this as it is, for I want this to be over (wn or lose, on my part) so that I can challenge someone else I've been wanting to battle.

Cyrus
9th June 2003, 07:08 PM
Match will likely end at the end of this round regardless, repost your commands.

Syberia
9th June 2003, 07:24 PM
Psychic~Relax~Night Shade, for brevity's sake. Why you could not simply scroll up a few posts is beyond me at the moment, but I'm sure it will come to me when I regain my sanity (like that'll ever happen).

SneaselReborned
9th June 2003, 07:53 PM
Erm, yes, whatever.

So, Yurameshi, it seems the ref would like a re-attack. Well, we'll give him a good re-attack! However, we now know that we will shift floors sometime in this round...soo.

Just continually bash him with fire. You don't have to push too hard, he's close to fainting anyway. Just keep him on the frying pain. Oh, and don't shoot your shot when you are transporting, because you will probably miss then. Make sure you hit all three times.

Also, if any time you feel like you are completely going to faint due to fatigue, then relax.

Flamethrower - Flamethrower - Flamethrower

Substitutions - Relax if feeling like about to faint due to energy

Come on Yurameshi, you can do this!

Cyrus
9th June 2003, 09:59 PM
I was expecting and or hoping for you to fix the faulty commands that were made due to my error.

Round 8:

Prebattle Stats:

Aragog (Spinarak M): 25% (HP) 15% (Energy) | Auditory Damage
Yurameshi (Dratini M): 35% (HP) 40% (Energy) | Auditory Damage

Fourth Flour of the Tower of Orthanc, 0 Crimson Xs

Commands:

Aragog: Psychic ~ Take a break ~ Night shade
Yurameshi: Flamethrower ~ Flamethrower ~ Flamethrower

Battle:

The two exhausted warriors prepare to launch their attacks; Yurameshi single gout of flames while his arachnid opponent prepares to batter his opponent into a wall. Attempting to scorch his furry opponent into ash over the course of this round, the dragon releases a line of flames. Just as the line is released, Aragog drives the dragon back into a wall. A minor scorching is all the spider suffers as a dent with an odd likeness to a serpent is made in the wall. Again a single X mars the wall, due to the dent placed by the spider. As Aragog attempts to regain control of his breathe after exerting so much energy in slamming his opponent into a wall. With nothing to shield him from the next assault, the spider backpedals as the flames leap toward him. The scorching blow nearly drives the Spinarak into unconsciousness, yet through force of will, shear determination or dumb luck the spider hangs on by a thread. As the slightly reenergized spider launches an aura of negative energy to smite his opponent, the dragon follows his opponent’s lead. As the wave washes over the dratini, his life drops as his energy increases. As the two exhausted opponents lay panting in exhaustion, they are forcibly shifted to the fifth floor of the tower. As the teleportation induced haze fades, their bodies take the time to catch its’ breath slightly.

Post battle Stats:

Aragog (Spinarak M): 2% (HP) 10% (Energy) | Auditory Damage
Yurameshi (Dratini M): 5% (HP) 25% (Energy) | Auditory Damage

Fifth Flour of the Tower of Orthanc, 1 Crimson Xs

I must again voice by utter hatred of randomizers...

SneaselReborned
10th June 2003, 12:15 AM
Oh. My. God. This. Is. Messed. Up.

The match is pretty much over, with me losing. However, I will have to wait till tomorrow to post attacks because of lack of time today.

SneaselReborned
10th June 2003, 12:31 AM
Or. Maybe. Not.

Anyway, here we go Yurameshi. I know you can barely hold on to your consciousness, but we must do this! Aragog is having some serious troubles with energy, so we must exploit that! This is going to be a crazy round, and it WILL ensure the winner. However, I really only have one or two things for you to do this round. I want you to get in there, get a quick hit, and try to win. Use the QuickStryke and then, if you can, strike with a jet of flames.

[Agility + ExtremeSpeed] ~ Flamethrower

Just get in there, with insane speed, and strike for kill. If you have time, strike with a flamethrower as well. Don't bother with anything else. Since you have much more energy, plus are using two super-fast attacks, he should have no chance in blocking you. Just try your hardest. Regardless, try a flamethrower if you have time. If not, then you did well.

Syberia
10th June 2003, 07:42 PM
I couldn't have said it better myself, this will indeed be the deciding round. I'll have to pull out quite a nice hat trick to even have a chance; let's see what we can do here. Disable him immediately; I don't want him getting anywhere near you.

As he tries to blast you with a jet of flames, use Psychic to hold his mouth shut. Tight. If he wants to blow himself up with his own attack, all the better.

Finally, smite him out of existence with a Psybeam. You can do this, Aragog. Regardless of whether you win or lose, you have done very well, and I have no regrets.

Disable~Psychic~Psybeam

SneaselReborned
10th June 2003, 08:04 PM
One little problem. You are at a 15% energy deficit, plus I have two "first-strike" moves used in a combo. What makes you think you can disable faster than I can strike? Plus, you only have 10% energy, so I'm guessing even if you SOMEHOW use enough energy to go first, you won't do anything without fainting on the spot.

Meh, just my outlook. BTW, Cyrus has posted attacks in your battle vs him, so its your turn now. YOu probably know that tho, right?

Cyrus
10th June 2003, 10:33 PM
Round 9:

Prebattle Stats:

Aragog (Spinarak M): 2% (HP) 10% (Energy) | Auditory Damage
Yurameshi (Dratini M): 5% (HP) 25% (Energy) | Auditory Damage

Fifth Flour of the Tower of Orthanc, 1 Crimson Xs

Commands:

Aragog: Disable ~ Psychic ~ Psybeam
Yurameshi: Agility + Extreme Speed ~ Flamethrower

Battle:

As this round unfolds the two weary opponents face off for what promises to be the last time. The dragon prepares to launch an assault that likely spells doom for is arachnid opponent. The dragon begins by launching his body in wide looping arc around the floor to generate sufficient momentum to reach optimal velocity. While the racing dragon prepares to summon a final extreme bust of speed, the Spinarak reaches into his opponent’s mind and blocks all muscle control. As the dragon skids to a halt, the spider must wait for his opponent to summon fire to scorch his scaled hide. As the moments pass, the faltering spider’s heart rate drops as the aldosterone levels decrease. As muscle control returns to the dragon, a shiver courses through him announcing his ability to continue the battle. As Yurameshi prepares a torrent of fire to finish off his annoyingly conscious opponent, the spider again applies a telekinetic muzzle to his opponent’s gapping maw. With nowhere for the flames to go, the final sensations the dragon experiences are that of his throat and mouth being ravaged by his own flames. The shadow of unconsciousness cannot claim Yurameshi fast enough in his opinion.

Post battle Stats:

I declare Syberia victor. A well fought battle on both sides. I wish you both luck in future battles.

SneaselReborned
10th June 2003, 10:38 PM
Yurameshi and I will get that evolution some day.

Syberia
10th June 2003, 11:40 PM
One little problem. You are at a 15% energy deficit, plus I have two "first-strike" moves used in a combo. What makes you think you can disable faster than I can strike? Plus, you only have 10% energy, so I'm guessing even if you SOMEHOW use enough energy to go first, you won't do anything without fainting on the spot.
SneaselReborned, as I have found out, moves don't use up nearly as much fatigue as you might think. Also, unlike in the games themselves, Quick Attack, Agility, and Extremespeed are not guaranteed first strike commands; they just involve the user going somewhere or hitting something quickly. If someone ran at you, even from a small distance of 10 feet away, you'd have more than enough time to react physically; even more time to react mentally. All Aragog needed was a few instants to lock out all of Yurameshi's muscle control.

That being said, Aragog, that was excellent for your first outing. I didn't expect you to be able to pull that off, but you delivered quite a pleasant surprise. You deserve a nice long rest, I can ask no more of you.

As a result of this battle, I think I'll catch an Eevee.