PDA

View Full Version : And this was banned from TV why?

Ayeun
30th September 2010, 05:18 AM
YHROHJlU_Ng

I'm sorry, but I don't see why they would ban this from being on Sesame St.

Austrian ViceMaster Alex
30th September 2010, 05:35 AM
I have no idea. Americans are said to be prude but I have absolutely no idea what their problem is with this video. I bet certain people would find something to complain even if she'd dress Amish.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
30th September 2010, 06:15 AM
Well if this was banned why not California Girls? That melody is painfully stuck inside my head.

Daisy dukes, bikinis on top!

Telume
30th September 2010, 09:45 AM
Problem with the lyrics? Too suggestive? IDK, I might be from America but I have no idea why something would be banned from TV. Personally, I'd rather nothing be banned.

Heald
30th September 2010, 11:34 AM
I honestly did not notice the cleavage until the Retardlicans whined about it. Whatevs, just keep teaching your kids that queers and blacks are the Devil and we'll all be groovy.

Also, I wasn't even aware Sesame Street was still running, or that they had given the hand muppets legs until this video. So yeah.

Jeff
30th September 2010, 11:38 AM
Problem with the lyrics? Too suggestive? IDK, I might be from America but I have no idea why something would be banned from TV. Personally, I'd rather nothing be banned.

Apparently the issue was her dress. There was a follow-up on this whole thing on The Today Show, where Elmo and Grover were guests, Grover was wearing a knight costume and asked one of the hosts if it was "too revealing", lol.

Crystal Mew
30th September 2010, 11:52 AM
yeah I would think it was cause of her dress. its way too small for her boobs haha

Heald
30th September 2010, 12:03 PM
yeah I would think it was cause of her dress. its way too small for her boobs haha
So's my mouth but I wouldn't object to putting it around them.

kainashi
30th September 2010, 01:11 PM
So's my mouth but I wouldn't object to putting it around them.http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k163/kainashi2/emot-golfclap.gif

classy_cat18
30th September 2010, 01:15 PM

Giggity.

Anyway, I wonder what the kids would think if they were allowed to see that? A lot of them probably did see it, thanks to the power of YouTube.

Austrian ViceMaster Alex
30th September 2010, 03:34 PM
I think the kids wouldn't care less about her dress and would focus on Elmo.

crown34
30th September 2010, 03:51 PM
It's because of overprotective parents and retarded Republicans who b****h about the most innocent things. Your kid is gonna see boobs in the future anyway so why do they care?

I think the kids wouldn't care less about her dress and would focus on Elmo.

Seconded.

Heald
30th September 2010, 05:39 PM
It's because of overprotective parents and retarded Republicans who b****h about the most innocent things. Your kid is gonna see boobs in the future anyway so why do they care?
Never mind the future, one of the first things a kid puts in his mouth post-birth is a tit (unless the kid's mother doesn't breastfeed, not that I'm saying there's anything wrong about that, there's few things I care less about than the formula/breast-milk debate).

Ultimate Charizard
30th September 2010, 05:39 PM
Im much more concerned that one of my friends told me they renamed Cookie Monster to Veggie Monster in an effort to get kids eating healthy.

That sir, is Sacrelige.

Drago
30th September 2010, 08:23 PM
:hellyeah:

Anyway, I would imagine that whoever's in wardrobe would get an earful for this. I mean, surely someone involved would have looked and said 'say, those thar titties... I KEN SEE DEM.'
My main gripe with the video is that, other than the boobage, it's friggin' boring. Elmo segments always drag. Now Grover, he's a BAMF. He wouldn't be running away from Katy Perry. :yes:

Blademaster
30th September 2010, 08:28 PM
I saw this a few days ago; they evidently even put some sort of skin-colored fabric around her from her neck to her breasts.

Not that it really matters. My first reaction was that the kids' focus would be on Elmo or something, not those. They aren't THAT impressive, parents. Chill out.

Master Rudy
1st October 2010, 01:50 AM
Seriously guys must everything that goes wrong be blamed on Republicans? Not all of us are idiots you know........ :rolleyes:
Personally I blame overprotective soccer moms more since they absolutely love to bitch about everything and will look for problems. Then again there was that situation a few years ago with whoever that priest was that was saying one of the Teletubbies was gay......so I guess we can blame all religious groups as well.

See what I did there? I took two groups and pretty much called them all out for being idiots despite the fact that all groups have their reasonable people and their nutjobs :P

In all actually however it's the overprotective parents more than anything. What I'd personally like to know is how they got wind of the fact that she had such a low cut dress to begin with prior to the program airing. Did they release a promotional photo or something that cause someone to get their panties in a bunch?

Drago
1st October 2010, 02:34 AM
The YouTube video premiered officially before it hit TVs. It's pricks like this that got Mulligrubs axed.

Ayeun
1st October 2010, 03:04 AM
Oh wells, I will just watch Elmo and Katy on Youtube over and over.

Mr. Brightside
1st October 2010, 05:21 AM
lol this is funny

And Americans again, prove how weird they are. Well at least those who complain. Twisted minds indeed.

Telume
1st October 2010, 01:31 PM
Im much more concerned that one of my friends told me they renamed Cookie Monster to Veggie Monster in an effort to get kids eating healthy.

That sir, is Sacrelige.

^ I feel my childhood dying

alanmoore
14th October 2010, 02:46 AM
i've no idea that why it was banned from TV.