PDA

View Full Version : Your day

Drago
7th October 2010, 06:18 PM
Regale us all with what you did today. Or will do today. Or if you're a failure, what you intended to do today. Also, don't give shitty one-sentence replies that amount to nothing. Put some thought and effort into it!

I've sacrificed one of my rare days off to do extras work for a show I've never heard of before, a mere four days after being an extra on City Homicide.

After this, I'm gonna go home and hang with Jess. Possibly go drinking somewhere local. I'll probably have to buy all her drinks, she's a little annoyed that I took this gig on our day off. As an aside, that's something I miss about England: if you want to go out drinking, just walk a block in any direction and you'll hit a pub, most likely during happy hour. Here in Melbourne and its suburbs, it's all about cafés and focaccias and shit. I want a pint of something! As another aside, I miss American beers. They're less bitter, and I'm a cheap drunk, so it suits me.

As a final aside, I hate doing extras work. Though it's never said outright, there's this overwhelming knowledge that you're the most expendable person there. What if I trip up and fall over in the background? I've ruined the shot. The shot in which I mean nothing.
I'm also here two hours early, and haven't actually approached them yet in the fear that I'm a nuisance. Such is the meek, paranoid existence of the lowly extra...

DarkestLight
7th October 2010, 07:45 PM
You know what. I'm going to post in this topic. It suits me today.

Today is the final day in which I live under the shadow of 18,000 debt. I will now cut it down to 15,000 tomorrow morning, as I've just completed the last day of work necessary to allocate those funds. This is something to be joyous for.

Work itself was monotonous, grade this diamond. Grade that diamond. Oh look a clover shaped diamond from hell. Don't chip diamond, its your next 50 paychecks. Outof work however, I was able to knock my Halloween choices down to 3 choices of what to be for Halloween (MJ from Smooth Criminal, MJ from Thriller or a dirty ghost-Complete with horribly stained bedsheet and fucked up eyeholes, lol).

I've also planned up a pretty nifty shopping route for tomorrow in order to grab everything I need for under 100 bux-this includes costume accessories, comics I need to grab, as well as save for Sonic 4 (Tuesday!)

To finish, I'll be dining on KFC again and fixing up the ASB movelist lil by lil-as well as reffing here and there throughout the last few hours.

Oh and I have resolved to not play Super Mario Galaxy 2 ever again. I have 241 stars. <^> that perfect stage shit. I got to the second to last part, and the blue star bit thing didn't grab me as I cut across the stage. Shenanigans. They should put a damn continue marker in that stage. Just one. Just so I can take a breath after cloud easiness.

Andrew
8th October 2010, 09:32 AM
Ok my day in a few fronts:

Work - Today was monotonous. I've pretty much cleaned the department up, so now I twiddle my thumbs and answer to the whims of an ex-Australian cricketer who apparently was the 3rd best whatever. I tried not to roll my eyes at annoying kids.

University - I was meant to hand in an assignment a week ago. I still can't find the motivation to start. I don't know why. I was sick last week so my doctor gave me a massive extension for another fortnight. Worst thing ever. Coming back to uni after working for a few years, I wish I'd seen it through in the first place. Also fighting with Centrelink to try and get some cash from them. They're jerks.

Lovelife - The new fellow I was seeing, he's over in America right now, probably fucking a lot of American guys. I'm kind of pinning too much hope for a potential relationship on him right now. At least I'm keeping it to myself. I feel depressed. Was meant to see my ex for the 2nd time in 8 months yesterday to give him back his stuff. He should have contacted me. He didn't. When I saw him last Sunday, he was at his worst and I was just a complete anxious wreck trying to keep a facade of normality going. He was absolutely drunk at 3 in the afternoon, still dressing like an old man and horribly inappropriate. But what hurt more is that my friends chose to hang out with him rather than me after we broke up.

Just stressing about money and life and this operation and whatnot.

For some reason I agreed to have a dinnerparty tomorrow so there's going to be 6 annoying homos in my house judging me.

My life in comparison to a person in a 3rd world country is awesome. But for me right now, sucks.

Magmar
8th October 2010, 09:48 AM
Let's see... I got up at 6:30 in the morning, went and did my radio show for two hours at 8, then had three classes: HR Management 11-12:20 came first, then went and met with my advisor to pick my final semester's schedule as I'm graduating in May. :(

I went to my school's media center and fucked around with our new Tricaster for the school's TV station, as my roommate is the president of the club. I had a salad and grilled chicken sandwich.

Then I went to my Compensation & Benefits Administration class and struggled to stay awake. I hung out in the hall at the school of business with some friends in my 4 pm class and I ate a couple pop tarts, then we went to Recruitment & Selection and took copious notes.

I ran and caught a bus in 3 minutes that took me to work 6-10. I waited a half hour for my boyfriend to pick me up. We went back to my apt and cuddled. I had some strawberries for dinner, mmmmmmmmm!

I read a Web comic for a little while, then cleaned my room and picked out the worst grey turtleneck I could find for the ugly sweater party that is tonight. My downstairs neighbors were ridiculously loud. I would've kicked their asses for blasting music til 3 am, but alas, they are my school's wrestling team. Whoops!

Oslo
8th October 2010, 09:55 AM
I have today off, yay.

First and foremost, I need to get my friggin' student loans worked out. They waited so late in the year to email me and I wouldn't mind the cash, frankly. Would put a nice happy dent in my line of credit. :)

As well, I will be spending my time practicing my recitation for my Middle English class. I have to show up to the professor's office around 4:00 and deliver from memory the first eighteen lines of the General Prologue of the Canterbury Tales. I am nervous. :s: There's just so much I need to know in terms of pronunciation and inflection and timing that I could very easily shoot myself in the foot. Egads.

If I succeed in doing that, I will treat myself with a gym adventure. Since it's the Friday of Thanksgiving weekend, just about everyone will have already gone home, leaving me free to blissfully blare Of Montreal as I own that elliptical. :)

Finally, I will see about emailing Professors Garber and Manley about letters of reference and perhaps make a dent in my thesis. Maybe. Should probably start that sooner than later.

Oh, and I guess I should call my parents to see if I'm going home for Thanksgiving...

Blademaster
8th October 2010, 10:44 AM
I just woke up.

...Yyyyep... Having a glass of milk...

...Maybe I'll just come back later.

classy_cat18
8th October 2010, 11:42 AM
I don't have much to say either. Woke up about an hour ago. And I'm stuck on Stone Cyclone Galaxy, DL, so you're further ahead of me atm.

BUT I WILL FINISH! MWAHAHAHAHAHA!

Telume
8th October 2010, 11:46 AM
I just got up so not much has happened for me today.

It's Friday and I don't really feel like doing anything.

Jeff
8th October 2010, 12:14 PM
I want to do a whole lot of nothing today. That's it, just do... nothing.

I've been pretty successful so far.

Bear
8th October 2010, 12:42 PM
Let's see here...

Got up this morning at the usual 7:30. Spent a few minutes massaging the kitty (she's an especially happy camper in the mornings), downed a bowl of Frosted Mini Wheats, got dressed and brushed my teeth and headed out to work.

Spent the better part of my morning in Jen's (our compliance department) office getting clarification on applicant processes and why I should have to call these people a second time when they never returned my first call -_-. Managed to get about 6 or 7 phone screens done and scheduled interviews for next week. Right now I have 9 interviews scheduled, and my ultimate goal is 32. I almost never reach my goal however because people just don't answer their phones on fridays.

Went to Qdoba for lunch and annihilated two fajita ranchera burritos stuffed with chicken, corn and tomato salsa, lettuce, green peppers, onions, and cheese. They were delicious, and I am super full right now and trying not to bring the building down with my epic belches.

Currently procrastinating getting back to phone screens. I have a shitload to do between now and 5, but they are all Uncertified applicants (which are a massive pain in the ass) so I am not looking forward to calling them.

Don't get me wrong, uncertified applicants tend to be much more eager, they just require much more explanation of the process and alot more time/effort to get them ready to work (we have to put them through Sub Certification, which can take like 8 weeks). Oh well, it probably won't be as bad as I think.

Once I'm out of work my weekend begins. Gonna stop at the auto parts store on the way home to buy a new remote key battery and windshield wipers (to be installed some other time, I'm too lazy to do it today). I have to clean up the apartment and pack my stuff by the time Christina (my fiance) arrives so we can hit the road to MORGANTOWN, WV to visit some old fraternity brothers of mine. It's a 5.5 hour drive so we'll probably stop at a hotel along the way. This should about round out my day!

EDIT: OH! Forgot to mention that while I was procrastinating I found a pepsi can body suit online that I want to wear for Halloween, so I ordered it. So excited!

Mikachu Yukitatsu
9th October 2010, 01:16 AM
Woke up at 7, ate something and took my medicine. Went to Mielikkitalo (a house here in my hometown) and checked if my Pokemon Stadium works. Having some trouble with it. Now I'm browsing TPM with my mobile phone and waiting for a friend. If he comes, we're going to watch Pokemon and play the N64.

Blademaster
9th October 2010, 09:40 AM
I just woke up. Again. I'm not very good at this, am I?

Jeff
9th October 2010, 09:07 PM
This morning, I was getting ready to go take pictures at my little brother's soccer game and before we left, my mom was emptying the change from her purse. She gave me a big handfull of it and sitting on top was a 1920 buffalo nickel.

At the game as I took the pictures, I looked through them and couldn't tell how good they came out. After the game, my dad went to go coach my other brother's team, and I took my brother, who's game just finished, to lunch at a Chick-Fil-A that opened about a couple weeks ago. It's still crowded in there at lunch time, but we managed to get through the line pretty quick.

We went back to the fields and met up with our dad, and after that game was over we went home, where I finally got the chance to look through the pics I took, and several of them actually turned out pretty good. The only thing was that I was trying to get alot of action shots early on, which made it hard to get their faces, so I was just starting to take some still shots when the card filled up. I got the card emptied, and most likely will be taking more pics Wednesday.

For dinner, I made pizza sandwiches, which everytime I make them, I usually make a huge mess, but I'm getting better at it. Later in the evening, I made this post.

And that was my day.

Blademaster
10th October 2010, 09:11 AM
Pizza sandwiches?

I must learn the secret of this exciting new technology.

Oslo
10th October 2010, 09:18 AM
I just woke up.

We're celebrating Thanksgiving today! Turkey and squash and potatoes and TURKEY, GUYS! :D

After I stuff my face, I will probably sleep. After I sleep, I will enjoy some Internet and television. After I enjoy some Internet and television, I will probably sleep some more. That is my agenda for the day.

Thanksgiving. <3

Greyfox
10th October 2010, 09:31 AM
Woke up a couple of hours ago (somehow, naturally) and've been in bed hanging out on the Interwebs since then.

I'm working tonight 3 - 1, which is disappointing, albeit necessary for a multitude of reasons. I'm coordinating, which is just a fancy way of saying managing (although babysitting would be more accurate) several cashiers and baggers until the store closes. Telling them what to do, where to go, and to stop double bagging and grab some carts!

My job is thankless and I'm constantly getting reminded of why I quit a few years back -- but I have a light at the end of this tunnel -- soon I'm to be evaluated and get another raise, and soon I'm to be promoted and get out of this college town store.

If the night is bad, I may have a drink or two and try to avoid being in the same room as my roommate while doing so. Especially if she's drinking as well.

Katie
10th October 2010, 10:12 AM
It's only 10am but so far I have
-washed my sheets
-ate a bowl of cheerios
-caught up on all the happenins on facebook
-started reading this 'exit counseling' thing my school sent about paying off student loans (starts next month :()
-scooped the cat box
-took out my trash

I have yet to get dressed though. Next on my to-do list is:

-go to the grocery store
-go to home depot
-go to target
-get a haircut
-begin studying for my exam on friday
-meet up with my bf and maybe watch some football or a movie or whatever

lazy sundays where I can catch up on my errands are the best

Jeff
10th October 2010, 08:34 PM
Today's big accomplishments were helping my dad fix the lawnmower and beating The Legend of Zelda for the first time. That's right, after beating several Zelda games over the years, I never beat the first, until now, on the most epic of dates (until 11/11/11 that is). I've also started on the second quest.

So all in all, a pretty successful weekend.

Greyfox
14th October 2010, 12:39 PM
10.14.2010:

I was surprisingly productive today. Started out with a jog, which I never do, around Lake Ella which is about half a mile.

Followed up by going to the bank and depositing some checks, then going to the Wal-Mart (eww...) to buy some new tennis shoes as well as a CD book to put all my games in so's I don't hafta mess with the cases anymore.

In about an hour, I'm due in for work -- 3 p.m. to close, which is unfortunate. I'm closing the cash office tonight, so hopefully none of the cashiers lose any money today.

I should be getting ready now, but I forgot that the plumbers were coming out today and they shut off the water. Now I can't shower. Sad face.

Blademaster
14th October 2010, 01:23 PM
People on TPM shower?

Also, I just woke up again. My days aren't very exciting, are they? I shoulda come here yesterday after my four-hour trip to the mall.

Telume
14th October 2010, 03:27 PM
9:00 AM Woke up showered
9:30 AM Off to school
10:30 AM Bought some breakfast
11:00 AM Go into class sit down
11:15 AM Class starts
12:30 PM Get out of class and head home
1:15 PM Home
2:00 Nap
3:00 Wake up

^ My day so far.

Heald
14th October 2010, 04:16 PM
0700 - Wake up
0800 - Have done my morning rituals (shit, shower, shave, check TPM and Facebook, open a can of beer)
0830 - Get in my car and drive to work in dire traffic
0900 - Arrive in traffic pumped for the day by virtue of my mix CD that is filled with pumping beats (Prodigy, Pendulum, Limp Bizkit)
0905 - Make myself a coffee and begin my day of calling people up and demanding money
1200 - Finished my workload for the day, sit on my thumb
1330 - Go to lunch, demolish a footlong BMT subway; sadly this doesn't satisfy me. Buy a birthday present for my friend
1400 - Get back to work. Spend the afternoon surfing the Internet in the filing room whilst occasionally doing some paperwork, make some phonecalls and yell at the clerk about my pay
1700 - Get changed and leave work. Head to Games Workshop.
1730 - Arrive at Games Workshop. Play a game against some kid.
1945 - Win game by the skin of my teeth.
2015 - Arrive at friend's new flat, say happy birthday and share some beers
2115 - Go home, stopping by store on way home for beer and pizza
2145 - Eat pizza, drink beer
2215 - Document day on TPM
???? - Pass out whilst playing Just Cause 2

Little_Pikachu
14th October 2010, 04:26 PM
Today, I went to "work", I got in about 8am, spent half an hour talking to my friend, the another 20 minutes pulling a report off the system so I could allocate work to my team.

Then I had to go to a meeting where they wanted to discuss the results of the staff survey, the only reason anyone went is so we could whinge that we want more money, but all they said was "no you can't have more money, tell us something else". I spent 3 hours trying to come up with things our staff want instead of better pay... I could not think of any.

So I went back to the office, and regaled everyone with tales of how we're not going to get a well earned pay rise and how they wouldn't even entertain the thought and caused quite an uproar and rebellion which lasted the rest of the day. I did no work today, no one did any work when I got back from my meeting.

After work I went for a drink and gamble with a friend, he came away like £30 down.

I came home, had a shower, put some washing in and played on my PC until now, when I'm thinking of going to bed soon as soon as I've stopped arguing with the boyfriend.

Katie
14th October 2010, 06:39 PM
Pendulum
I just heard this band like 3 weeks ago and holy shit. "slam" with those french horns (?) - oh god musicgasm

today was pretty blah

-went to class where we got our exams back, everyone either got a high A or a C and below. I was a point from the B cutoff, so I guess I got the highest grade in the second category. that's good I suppose?
-went to lunch with my boyfriend, poor thing is sick as a dog though :(
-went to target (like I meant to on the day of my last post in this thread...) and got a new co-ax cable because the pin thing in mine magically disappeared? also some cheap clearance dishes (I owe my friend some cuz I essploded/melted two in his microwave this semester) and a bumblebee costume for my cat.
-got home and put the costume on my cat. she's currently plotting my demise under the bed
-watched TV with my roommie

future plans:
-invite boyfriend over and make him soup and watch the hockey game. first game where the stars play against mike modano :( I'm going to be an emotional wreck
-study for my test tomorrow, blech. gonna be easy, but tedious memorization isn't my favorite.

Blademaster
14th October 2010, 09:31 PM
Prodigy, Pendulum, Limp Bizkit

How does that CD not EXPLODE from that much awesome pumped-up fucking music on it? ESPECIALLY if Propane Nightmares is on there.

DarkestLight
14th October 2010, 10:02 PM
Hrm. Currently I'm watching Rocky IV Too damn funny. But anyway, my day.

I truly don't care for my job, so I won't get into that. Currently I've found my hat and MJ wig for my costume, and now I'm hoping my suit gets here in time. Looking to be an awesome Halloween when I pull this off.

Aside from that I'm currently pissed off at Pokemon Ranger: Guardian Signs because I actually need to do those wireless missions to get the other past time quest done and I don't know anyone that has the game so that's a load of rubbish -.- Uhh made chicken burritos for dinner....and finished cracking jokes with the fam...so I guess I'll just finish Ranger for a bit and then go to bed!

Oh yeah.....check ASB. I gotta do that too....

shazza
15th October 2010, 01:49 AM
Today, at 9am (way early for me), I got a lift with my two friends from Bendigo to Swan Hill (my hometown). We arrived about 11.30am, and went to a computer/office store my friend is the manager of which is today having its grand opening at its new location. Then I got home by 1pm to finally witness first hand my dad in his fragile state: he slipped the other day on the wet footpath, inflaming his left which had lately already been suffering from arthritis; now he cannot walk for a few weeks. I have to come back again next weekend to look after him as my step mum will be at her daughters wedding (which I was originally meant to go to!)

I cam back today, however, to do relay for life for my friends team (her mother passed away from pancreatic cancer 3 weeks ago). Relay for life, in Australia anyway, is this thing for cancer where you have an assembled team that walks for about 24 hours, trying to get donations in the process.

Due to my aforementioned early rise, I just had a nap from 3pm to 5pm as my official shift at walking is 3.30am-4.30am and 6.00am-6.30am. For October in Australia, it's been a very cold and wet couple of days and making me look far less forward to tonight, which is meant to be like 3c and raining. :( Oh well, it's for a good cause nonetheless. And ostensibly one is able to drink while doing so, which is a bit silly as drinking is a leading cause of liver cancer. I think I'll save my drinking until Saturday night as I want to be as lucid as possible for it.

MeLoVeGhOsTs
15th October 2010, 01:50 AM
Shitload of schoolwork and coaching for paper.

Tonight I get to see Kommil Foo, though, it's a comedy show.