PDA

View Full Version : Halloween Costumes!

Oslo
12th October 2010, 11:11 AM
Okay, so you have to have put at least some thought into it by now...

What are you planning on being for Halloween? :)

My housemates and I decided upon being zombie Disney characters. The original plan was to be Jasmine, Belle, Aladdin and Gaston... but since I got stuck with Gaston (who nobody will recognize; they'll think I'm just a zombie, period), I'm considering switching to zombie Mickey Mouse at this point. I could have some fun with that.

Oh, and I'm going to a costume party a couple weeks from now for which I'll just be lazy and buy a child's-size Pokemon costume. They still sell those, right?

Any super-awesome Halloween costumes from years past you'd like to share while you're at it?

AND NOBODY SAY YOU'RE TOO OLD FOR HALLOWEEN. >O

Blademaster
12th October 2010, 11:28 AM
For the past several years, I've been Jason Voorhees. I use a costume I bought online for the pants and jacket, a hockey mask over a rubber rotting Jason face mask that I also bought, an old pair of filthy work gloves to cover my hands, thick boots soaked in mud (helps keep me cool, as well), and a plastic machete wrapped in silver tape and soaked with some dripping red food coloring.

I'm thinking of adding a chain around my neck this year to complete the Friday the 13th Part VII: The New Blood look. That's what the costume itself is based off of, not the newer Freddy VS. Jason design where Jason magically has darker, cleaner clothes.

Telume
12th October 2010, 01:07 PM
Blades sig picture definitely gives me ideas...

Magmar
12th October 2010, 02:03 PM
Zombie disney characters? That's brilliant.

I've done Jack Black in the past because, in the days of being chunky with long hair, I unfortunately bore resemblance to him. My mid-20s have been good to me ^_^ (and not drinking as much)

Hmmmmm. Maybe I'll find a cheap orange hoodie and be Kenny from South Park D:

Andrew
12th October 2010, 04:37 PM
No Oslo, go as a Street Fighter. From Street Fighter!

DarkestLight
12th October 2010, 05:15 PM
><! I'm still working on mine. I'm trying to be MJ from "Smooth Criminal" You wouldn't BELIEVE how hard it is to find a white pinstripe suit. Everything else I can faux by, spats, suspenders, shirt, hat all that is easy to go buy off amazon. The suit though..ugh the "costume" they have is all wrong-and the one site that does have the suit has it for a price that well...

I'm not paying that much for no Halloween Costume -.-

I was the Joker two years ago and Captain Jack Sparrow last year :O. Twas good times both years.

Blademaster
12th October 2010, 07:55 PM
No Oslo, go as a Street Fighter. From Street Fighter!

Seconded. Go as Dan.

Katie
13th October 2010, 09:04 AM
I've been a slutty pirate the last 4 years, I need a new slutty _____ idea

my friends all want to go as homestarrunner characters and assigned me one but I never watched that stuff and I'm not sure how serious they were about it

I might just go pick up a white sheet and cut eyeholes in it. fuck it.

kainashi
13th October 2010, 12:25 PM
I've been a slutty pirate the last 4 years, I need a new slutty _____ idea

my friends all want to go as homestarrunner characters and assigned me one but I never watched that stuff and I'm not sure how serious they were about it

I might just go pick up a white sheet and cut eyeholes in it. fuck it.pics please :hellyeah:

Telume
13th October 2010, 01:52 PM
pics please :hellyeah:

I second this motion.

Zak
13th October 2010, 05:26 PM
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs104.snc3/15144_223697454125_504639125_4371130_755384_n.jpg

That was my Abe Lincoln halloween costume a year ago (the beard was real I actually grew it) but no way is that happening again.

I'm just gonna repeat my costume from 2 years ago and go Hawaiian and wear one of their shirts, a straw hat, sunglasses, and a bunch of leis.

Leis will get you lei'd.

Blademaster
13th October 2010, 09:32 PM
(the beard was real I actually grew it)

You grew it specifically for that? Really? I always assumed your kind had beards of that magnitude from birth.

abunaidesu
13th October 2010, 11:33 PM
halloween can suck my dick

Zak
13th October 2010, 11:50 PM
You grew it specifically for that? Really? I always assumed your kind had beards of that magnitude from birth.

Your close... we just have the capability to grow them in a week.

RedStarWarrior
14th October 2010, 12:21 AM
I plan on being asleep.

Andrew
14th October 2010, 06:55 AM
I have no idea what to go as for Halloween. I'm thinking Captain Hero

Greyfox
14th October 2010, 09:26 AM
pics please :hellyeah:

Third'd. We're definitely gonna need to see how this sheet-with-holes-in-it costume looks, Katie.

Blademaster
14th October 2010, 01:33 PM
Yeah, that WOULD be pretty funny to see.

Telume
14th October 2010, 03:24 PM
IT'S A SWISS CHEESE COSTUME! :D

Heald
14th October 2010, 03:52 PM
As long as you don't make it look like this:

http://americanhistory.si.edu/brown/history/1-segregated/images/kkk-robe-l.jpg

You should be fine.

I made a ghost costume once that could have been very easily mistaken for a KKK outfit. Good thing I live in the whitest part of England where the only chance you ever have of seeing anyone of a different colour is if you order pizza from a town 10 miles away.

Katie
15th October 2010, 03:29 PM
As long as you don't make it look like this:

http://americanhistory.si.edu/brown/history/1-segregated/images/kkk-robe-l.jpg

You should be fine.

I made a ghost costume once that could have been very easily mistaken for a KKK outfit. Good thing I live in the whitest part of England where the only chance you ever have of seeing anyone of a different colour is if you order pizza from a town 10 miles away.

this is my biggest obstacle right now :/

I saw fred and wilma costumes at target yesterday, my bf could easily pass as fred and me as wilma... pretty lame but our natural hair colors / his facial hair is perfect.

in short I have no fking idea what I want to be.

attached: best pic I could find of my pirate costume :P

Master Rudy
15th October 2010, 10:23 PM
Meh....I wanted to get the TNG Starfleet uniform from the films in command division red this year. However the only ones avalible on most websites are the cheap ass low quality screenprinted crap you can get in any costume store (which aren't even the right uniforms to begin with). One of the former costume designers for Trek does do custom made uniforms made from the actual materials but due to the high demand around Halloween and convention time it's not possible to get them out in any less than eight weeks. Price is also an issue too for me so I guess better luck next year :-/

Oh and for reference these are the uniforms I was talking about:

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100225031639/memoryalpha/en/images/6/6d/Picard_and_crew_depart.jpg

Telume
16th October 2010, 12:13 AM
Meh....I wanted to get the TNG Starfleet uniform from the films in command division red this year. However the only ones avalible on most websites are the cheap ass low quality screenprinted crap you can get in any costume store (which aren't even the right uniforms to begin with). One of the former costume designers for Trek does do custom made uniforms made from the actual materials but due to the high demand around Halloween and convention time it's not possible to get them out in any less than eight weeks. Price is also an issue too for me so I guess better luck next year :-/

Oh and for reference these are the uniforms I was talking about:

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100225031639/memoryalpha/en/images/6/6d/Picard_and_crew_depart.jpg

I would so shave my head just to go like Picard or grow my hair out and be Worf.