PDA

View Full Version : Mew event!

Jeff
12th October 2010, 08:25 PM
*beats Starry to the punch* :P

http://www.pokemongoldsilver.com/us/#/news/mew

Gold and Silver were released in North America on October 15, 2000, and this Friday marks the 10th anniversary. So, just like in Japan we'll be able to download a Mew over WiFi. The event lasts from October 15-30.

Finally! This is the first Mew I'll have since several I had back in Gen 1 (all through Game Shark / Game Genie). I tried getting the one on Ranch, and I was close, but sadly our Wii started having power issues that required them to wipe the memory to fix it.:( Thank God all my event legends are still on my Diamond version.

Blademaster
12th October 2010, 08:31 PM
LEGIT Mew?

brb taking every game I have to Japan.

Jeff
12th October 2010, 08:36 PM
The one in Japan's long over. This one's for us (as in all English-speaking regions).

DarkestLight
12th October 2010, 10:52 PM
That reminds me. Need to download all the Ranger Missions

ChobiChibi
13th October 2010, 06:28 PM
You mean... I can get 4 more?! To add to the 3 I got from the Toys R Us event 4 years ago?! SWEEEEEET.

I'll have ALL THE MEWS.

Link
13th October 2010, 06:57 PM
I'll be getting this mew into my games, it should be a good addition to the in-game part of the pokemon games.

Jeff
15th October 2010, 08:41 AM
Just got mine!

Now all I need is Celebi, Shaymin, and Arceus, and my event legendary collection will be complete... until Black and White come out.

Ayeun
15th October 2010, 11:57 AM
Just got one... Let me know when I can get my god damned celebi!

DarkestLight
15th October 2010, 05:22 PM
Alright D/Pt/HG Mews coming right up.....

Saturday, cause Im too hooked on Ranger to take it out and download them folk. Sides, I got more than enough Mews.

Knight of Time
15th October 2010, 08:43 PM
Alright D/Pt/HG Mews coming right up.....

AFAIK you cannot download Mew to Diamond, Pearl or Platinum...I tried with Platinum and had no luck, so I presumed the event doesn't work with the other two games taking place in Sinnoh.

On the other hand, if you're trying to get a Mew of a specific nature on both HG and SS, it can take a few soft resets...I got one with a good nature for one game pretty quickly, took me a bit more time to get a Mew with the same nature in the other game. But patience is a virtue, if you take that approach.

Jeff
15th October 2010, 09:18 PM
Tried with Diamond and got nothing. Logic dictates that Pearl doesn't work either. Makes sense considering this is for the 10th anniversary of Gold and Silver in North America.

DarkestLight
16th October 2010, 09:05 AM
Oh.

*shrug* Hg only then.

Darth CookieMonster
17th October 2010, 07:05 PM
Alright so what event have been out.. i wanna make sure i didint miss any of them