PDA

View Full Version : Sucker/SuctionCups

Runpapa
13th December 2002, 08:48 PM
What does this particular Pokemon characteristic do? It belongs to Yureidoru, the prehistoric Rock/Grass type.

I would also like to understand the characteristic 'Deep Desire' belonging to Hariteyama the strong fighting type.

I found and defined ALL the characteristics but these are the only two no one has understood yet. Does anyone here do?

Chrisodeo
13th December 2002, 09:04 PM
Suction Cups also applies to Octillery. It means that they cannot be forced to be withdrawn from battle. (no Roar, Whirlwind)

Runpapa
13th December 2002, 09:32 PM
That's great.

BTW, do u (or anyone) have an idea what 'Ne-o Haru' is? It's a Grass move with 0 damage, so Im assuming it is a stat booster.

Geofree
13th December 2002, 10:06 PM
Ne o haru literally means to stretch/spread/tense a root. Perhaps a grass type move?

Runpapa
13th December 2002, 10:18 PM
Really? But what effect does it exhibit in battle?

Don't Run With Scizors
14th December 2002, 10:43 AM
Ne-o Haru is similar to Leech Seed, except the seeds are planted into the ground, allowing the user to gain extra HP each turn. Combined with Leftovers and Leech Seed, that would allow for some major HP recovery each turn...

Turks
15th December 2002, 03:27 AM
Originally posted by Don't Run With Scizors
Ne-o Haru is similar to Leech Seed, except the seeds are planted into the ground, allowing the user to gain extra HP each turn. Combined with Leftovers and Leech Seed, that would allow for some major HP recovery each turn...

wow, that sounds like a killer combo

Chris 2.1
15th December 2002, 09:40 AM
i'll say. that sounds amaizing!

Don't Run With Scizors
15th December 2002, 12:22 PM
As for Deep Desire, also known as "Hot Grease", it makes the bearer immune to burn or freeze.

Chrisodeo
15th December 2002, 12:31 PM
Ne-o Haru has the pokemon dig roots underground, so you regain HP each turn (about 6%). The drawback? It can't be withdrawn.

Runpapa
15th December 2002, 01:27 PM
How is that a drawback? Or once it is used, I cannot switch Pokemon?

Chrisodeo
15th December 2002, 10:35 PM
In a word - exactly. But, this also makes you immune to Roar/Whirlwind. Great for stat boosting, because you can't withdraw, and you regain HP.

Azura Stardust
16th December 2002, 03:28 AM
So that means you can't switch out till ya faint? Whoa. That could bring in some nice possibilities. Plonk down, stat boost, and start firing. Recharge when needed (rest) or gain back HP.

Whoa, this could bring in possibilities of Double-Resting really put into use. Funky ^_^

Wonder what Yureidorou's weaknesses are.... hm, there's fighting... and... I think it's only fighting... O_O... it defence is not bad, base 97... sd base 107... spatt and att base 81... speed 43 >_< hp 86...

:)

IcyLapras
16th December 2002, 03:58 AM
Oooh... it can learn recover by breeding. And maybe Wrap, because it can trap the opponent forever...

Azura Stardust
16th December 2002, 04:16 AM
Yureidoru seems like it's set to be a big player in battling...

Some good moves it can get are Ne-O-Haru, Confuse Ray, Ancientpower, the to store/release/understand combo which nobody, ahem, understands, Toxic, Sunny Day, Protect, Giga Drain, Frustration/Return, SolarBeam, D-Team, Rest (whoo hoo, Double Resting and the other guy can't do nuthin' about it. :P), Sludge Bomb, Sandstorm (:O), Rest, Attract, Barrier, Recover (omg. How annoying is it to have this opponent you can't switch away OR kill because it keeps recovering?! and whats more it's only weak to fighting - and ice, which it can stand with an amazing special defence), Mirror Coat, Rock Slide...

Whoa. :o

HungryRivrHorse
16th December 2002, 04:45 PM
Sucker/SuctionCups also makes you invulnerable to Electric attacks, not that anyone would wanna try it on Yureidoru anyways. For Octillery, however...

Also, why does everyone call that one move 'Understand'? It recovers life depending on how much you've charged with 'Store'!

Runpapa
16th December 2002, 05:31 PM
Recover? Mirror Coat? Barrier?

Are these moves bred to Yureidoru cuz I don't see them in its TM or Level lists?

Chrisodeo
16th December 2002, 05:44 PM
Yes, they're bred on. As is Rock Slide. And are you sure Suction Cups makes them invulnerable to Electric? I've read somewhere that it makes them unable to switch out.

Brain
16th December 2002, 07:23 PM
Stock: stores energy - you can use it 1 to 3 times

Understand: recovers energy - if you used stock once, you recover a fourth of your HP, if you used it twice, you recover half, and if you used it three times, you recover everything

Release: releases energy - the power seems to be 100 * number of times you used stock

Runpapa
16th December 2002, 07:54 PM
And what is 'Magic Coat' exactly.

All I know that it is a Psychic move.

IcyLapras
16th December 2002, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by Runpapa
And what is 'Magic Coat' exactly.

All I know that it is a Psychic move.
You probably haven't played GSC either. It deflects twice the damage of special attacks. I.E. somebody attacks Suicune w/ Thunderbolt, Suicune deals twice the HP it lost back at the opponent.

Runpapa
16th December 2002, 10:34 PM
For the last time, not MIRROR COAT. MAGIC Coat!

MAGIC!! MAGIC!! MAGIC!! COAT!

Why do ppl continue to make that mistake? Meowth's site clearly shows it is not an error. A new move! GEEZ!

Only Psychics may learn the move (so I've studied).

Don't Run With Scizors
16th December 2002, 11:21 PM
Only Psychics may learn the move (so I've studied).

...And Kecleon.

...And Abusoru.

Runpapa
17th December 2002, 08:27 AM
Observant, but it doesn't help, doncha know...

Chrisodeo
17th December 2002, 04:40 PM
Magic Coat reverses any status-inducing effects used that turn. For instance, if an opponent used it, and you tried T-Wave, then you would be paralyzed, and they'd be fine.