PDA

View Full Version : Should we be allowed to sex girls 14 and 15?

shazza
21st October 2010, 12:52 AM
It's legal 16 and up in Australia. I reckon they should make the age from the onset of puberty. They did it during Homer's time. Discuss.

Drago
21st October 2010, 09:14 AM
There are already enough 14-year-old sluts with babies, we don't need them to be legally attached to creepy old men. It's naive to think that girls who are 16 are more responsible for making the right decisions, but hopefully the illegality of the matter can scare some kids off.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
21st October 2010, 09:15 AM
I decided to be boring and say that for the record, he means the antique writer not Homer Simpson.

Austrian ViceMaster Alex
21st October 2010, 10:10 AM
Aww, women shouldn't be allowed to sex boys 14 and 15 then? ;)

Anyway, in my opinion kids that age haven't properly matured mentally yet and are easy to be swayed and talked into doing things that they don't really want or can properly comprehend. They cannot handle the issues and problems that can arise from sex yet, they aren't responsible enough. Thus I say ... nope.

crown34
21st October 2010, 05:18 PM
That is disgusting.

Blademaster
21st October 2010, 07:09 PM
'Puberty' is just a fancy humanized way of saying 'sexual maturity.' So, yeah, go for it.

++

Unbraced
22nd October 2010, 10:51 PM
There are already enough 14-year-old sluts with babies, we don't need them to be legally attached to creepy old men. It's naive to think that girls who are 16 are more responsible for making the right decisions, but hopefully the illegality of the matter can scare some kids off.

My thoughts, only better said

Ayeun
22nd October 2010, 11:18 PM
Just thought I would add my two cents...

Australian law and sexual ages:

Male and female couple - 16 is the legal age, however, you can feign ignorance, and state you thought that she/he was over the age of 16, as long as they are at least 14 years of age.

Male and male couple - No sexual activity is legal until BOTH party members are over the age of 18.

Female and female couple - All sexual activity is legal from the age of 12.

Source: Internal inquest in to Health and families inquiry, NT. Commonwealth government, October, 2010

kazr
23rd October 2010, 03:44 AM
Just thought I would add my two cents...

Australian law and sexual ages:

Male and female couple - 16 is the legal age, however, you can feign ignorance, and state you thought that she/he was over the age of 16, as long as they are at least 14 years of age.

Male and male couple - No sexual activity is legal until BOTH party members are over the age of 18.

Source: Internal inquest in to Health and families inquiry, NT. Commonwealth government, October, 2010

This is pretty fucked up.

It says a lot about you if you're 20 years old and want to have anything to do with somebody younger than 18, and the things it says aren't good.

DarkestLight
23rd October 2010, 06:21 AM
Interesting that if you're 12 and female, its all good. But 18 if you're male before anything? Yeah that's some real assbackwards ruling right there.

Heald
23rd October 2010, 10:40 AM
Interesting that if you're 12 and female, its all good. But 18 if you're male before anything? Yeah that's some real assbackwards ruling right there.
It's actually completely typical of a political class still dominated by men. I hate repeating tired misandrist mantra but it's so true. Girls messing with each other, well what's disgusting about that? A bunch of 50 year olds who decide these laws probably get off to that kind of thing. But buttsex? No way. But if they can't ban it completely, they ban it as much as they can get away with by setting a completely arbitrary age limit.

Asilynne
23rd October 2010, 03:35 PM
I agree with Drago and Alex all the way. Girls that young too easily believe they are in love and that they can earn a mans love and devotion by giving him sex, when its really just setting them up for heartbreak and disappointment (and possibly pregnancy, after which the guys taking advantage of the young girls innocence will most likely disappear). I dont understand wanting someone whether male or female that young sexually and anyone even as young as 17 or 18 who wants a 14 year old is just gross. At that age 3 years is a lot whereas when both parties are in their 20s 3 years isnt too much of a difference emotionally or physically.

Blademaster
23rd October 2010, 05:04 PM

Oh LOL.

Heald summed my thoughts on this up pretty well, but I burst out laughing when I first read that. Real subtle, Australia. Reeeeeeeeeal subtle. :lol:

crown34
23rd October 2010, 05:19 PM
No offense,but Australia's laws on sex seem pretty screwed up.

shazza
23rd October 2010, 06:50 PM
I wasn't aware that Australia had it 12 for sexual activity but 18 for males? What the fuck?

Edit: this (http://www.avert.org/age-of-consent.htm) site seems to disagree.

DarkestLight
23rd October 2010, 09:17 PM
Shazza, that site disturbs me merely because (I could be reading this wrong) it says US traveling citizens can have girl/girl relations if they're 12 and up. Wtf happens when you travel that allows that, but you can't bring a damn Kumquat from Jamacian through Customs?

Huh but yes, that site does say no one under 12 for all of Aussie. Zimbabwe and Chad on the other hand...

I ask again. Was that you in the video Ayay?

Magmar
24th October 2010, 12:22 PM
Ha 12 in Mexico, no surprises there

Little_Pikachu
24th October 2010, 12:27 PM
The reason the age for gay man sex is higher is because it puts you more at risk of various diseases, especially things like aids. This is also the reason gay men can't give blood in some places

Note: This is not me saying only gay men can get aids, but this is the reason why the law is like that :P

On topic, I don't think the age of consent matters these days. If kids want to have sex they'll go out and do it regardless of what the law says, lowering (or raising) the age of consent wont change anything except the amount of people you can arrest for statutory rape. Obviously there has to be something in place to protect really young kids who wouldn't even know what they're doing though.

kazr
24th October 2010, 02:29 PM
The reason the age for gay man sex is higher is because it puts you more at risk of various diseases, especially things like aids. This is also the reason gay men can't give blood in some places

I think this is completely not true at all and the reason the laws are framed like that are because people are bigots and hate gays. Also going to go out on a limb and say those laws were put in place before AIDs even existed.

welp just my 2c

Ayeun
24th October 2010, 09:42 PM
I already answered, NO... Im not the crazy red head in the video... My hair isnt even red.

Katie
25th October 2010, 02:43 PM
Can we just implement the "divide by 2 and add 7" rule into law? (and then after everyone's 18 who the fuck cares). Seems to work pretty much always.

Blademaster
25th October 2010, 05:46 PM
"Divide by 2 and add 7?"

Jeff
25th October 2010, 10:42 PM
It's a rule of thumb for the youngest age someone can be that it's socially acceptable to date them. I'm 26, so I can date someone as young as 20. On the other end, I could go up to 38. Ewww.

Magmar
25th October 2010, 11:26 PM
Mine's 19, heh can't picture myself with an 18 year old at any rate, no offense if you're 18.

Blademaster
26th October 2010, 10:28 AM
What if your age is an odd number? This system is flawed.

MeLoVeGhOsTs
26th October 2010, 11:14 AM
I think this is completely not true at all and the reason the laws are framed like that are because people are bigots and hate gays. Also going to go out on a limb and say those laws were put in place before AIDs even existed.

welp just my 2c

I love you man.

Heald
26th October 2010, 11:32 AM
What if your age is an odd number? This system is flawed.
All good mathematicians know it is more accurate to round up if you want an integer and you need to round from something point five.

Telume
26th October 2010, 02:10 PM
Who's gonna waste time doing math when they're about to get boned?

Katie
26th October 2010, 03:51 PM
have you ever "boned" someone a different age than you? because then you'd best waste time putting that little > or < between [partner age] and 18 (or whatever your local laws say)

blademaster dividing an odd number by 2 is like dividing by 0, sorry I forgot it's been a while since I took math.

Telume
26th October 2010, 05:45 PM
have you ever "boned" someone a different age than you? because then you'd best waste time putting that little > or < between [partner age] and 18 (or whatever your local laws say)

blademaster dividing an odd number by 2 is like dividing by 0, sorry I forgot it's been a while since I took math.

.5 != 0 Ma'am

Blademaster
26th October 2010, 10:17 PM
All good mathematicians know it is more accurate to round up if you want an integer and you need to round from something point five.

True, but most lawmakers are not good mathematicians.

shazza
26th October 2010, 10:24 PM
That means I broke the divide by 2 and add 7 rule at 19. :(

Katie
27th October 2010, 01:13 AM
.5 != 0 Ma'am
tell me more

Blademaster
27th October 2010, 01:20 PM
http://fark.brescher.net/piisthree.gif

PI IS EXACTLY THREE