PDA

View Full Version : My mom didn't pay the phone bill.

Link
31st October 2010, 02:03 PM
Is she mad? That explains why I wasn't on here for the past week.

abunaidesu
31st October 2010, 03:25 PM
So pay it yourself :rolleyes:

Link
31st October 2010, 07:55 PM
Don't have a job now, really. :-P I am going to meet with a guy next week about being self-employed.

kurai
31st October 2010, 08:06 PM
how much could dialup internet cost in new jersey

kazr
31st October 2010, 08:27 PM
Don't have a job now, really. :-P I am going to meet with a guy next week about being self-employed.

Tell me more about this. Does it involve recruiting other people to help you sell stuff?

Telume
31st October 2010, 09:38 PM
Tell me more about this. Does it involve recruiting other people to help you sell stuff?

And what kind of stuff? If you do.

Link
1st November 2010, 08:54 AM
No. The job is something I went to school for. I met with this guy at a library and he is going to teach me what he knows about computers, which is what school was for 4 years earlier. I just need to get people's information at a Best Buy or Staples to help them with anything they need about fixing their computer. You know, I would need their address, name to be able to go to their houses and fix their computer when they're home. The guy said I could be making a lot of money by 32. But I am meeting him this Thursday to iron out the details. I haven't had any luck finding anyone at either store as there's no one at the stores I have been at.

Blademaster
1st November 2010, 09:47 AM
Wow, Misc. really IS like Mt. Moon now...

ChobiChibi
1st November 2010, 11:11 AM
My dad had a business fixing computers like that. Self employed, went round peoples' houses, set up networks, fixed PC's, everything... Charged £40 an hour.

Company went bust. Not enough business.

Good luck with that :yes:

Link
1st November 2010, 12:14 PM
Me and this guy are going to charge $50 an hour.

Link
1st November 2010, 12:15 PM
Wow, Misc. really IS like Mt. Moon now...

Except I was being serious. No spam involved.

Telume
1st November 2010, 12:38 PM
That sounds like a legit business, most of the people around here are uncertified and they run around saying they are (I'd say there's only like 1-2% of those shops that have CERTIFIED A+ technicians) I could do a better job fixing their computer than they can.

kainashi
1st November 2010, 12:54 PM
i thought only old people used dialup internet

Katie
1st November 2010, 03:34 PM
everybody has a friend/neighbor/coworker/friend's kid/kid's friend who does that for them (grudgingly) for free or for cheap, I'd be surprised if you lasted any respectable length of time

(I personally offer shitting-on-your-dreams services, here is a free sample)

Link
1st November 2010, 07:28 PM
everybody has a friend/neighbor/coworker/friend's kid/kid's friend who does that for them (grudgingly) for free or for cheap, I'd be surprised if you lasted any respectable length of time

(I personally offer shitting-on-your-dreams services, here is a free sample)

Are you serious? They'd do it for cheap, but their work could be (and most likely is) shoddy because they didn't go to school for a year at a top notch tech school for computers.

Blademaster
2nd November 2010, 05:49 AM
Except I was being serious. No spam involved.

I'm just going by the other posts here, friend.

Link
2nd November 2010, 11:35 AM
You referred to me, friend. get over yourself.

ChobiChibi
2nd November 2010, 11:56 AM
Me and this guy are going to charge $50 an hour.

Funnily enough, £ and $ are not the same thing XP At current exchange rates he charged $64 an hour. And still went bust. He spent over 20 years in programming and building computers, so it's not like he didn't have any experience.

Katie
2nd November 2010, 04:32 PM
Are you serious? They'd do it for cheap, but their work could be (and most likely is) shoddy because they didn't go to school for a year at a top notch tech school for computers.

whoa, a whole year?

Bear
2nd November 2010, 05:25 PM
Heracross being self employed is something that is much easier to pull off when you're older and have much more capital/assets accumulated. It's quite simply not a realistic option at this point in your life, especially in a field like computer tech support when people would rather pay a little more for Geek Squad or whatever. Just because they may not do as good a job as you doesn't mean people are going to care. Unfortunately, the ignorant consumer will almost always go for name recognition over quality of work, unless you have a SUBSTANTIAL reputation for quality AND affordability. My suggestion would be to get yourself into some entry level position in a small company that is looking to grow, and bust your ass to get trained and move yourself up. Yeah being a receptionist or something sounds shitty, but it's the perfect gateway to other jobs within the company, since you get to know EVERYONE and you get a nice rounded knowledge of how the company works.

As for the topic itself, get dialup it's like $5 a month these days. You could go help some old lady windex her windows for like $10 man, shouldn't be hard.

Link
2nd November 2010, 06:00 PM
whoa, a whole year?

Computer schools around here only go for about a year, Sue me. :P

RedStarWarrior
2nd November 2010, 06:33 PM
Is she mad? That explains why I wasn't on here for the past week.
Didn't know you were gone.

Blademaster
3rd November 2010, 09:15 AM
You referred to me, friend. get over yourself.

No I didn't. Not once, anywhere in this topic prior to now, did I mention your name specifically. So YOU get over YOURSELF kthnx.

Link
4th November 2010, 12:46 PM
Didn't know you were gone.

Oh wow...nice of you to care. :P I mean, we all get busy, right?

Link
4th November 2010, 05:48 PM
Oh, whoops, forgot to mention that I don't have dial-up. I am currently on Verizon for the phone. For the internet, I have Mozilla and it hasn't been that bad.

kurai
4th November 2010, 08:35 PM
it is possible that your tech support business will not go well

Link
5th November 2010, 10:55 AM
it is possible that your tech support business will not go well

I know, but I am prepared to get a new job if that happens.

kurai
5th November 2010, 10:57 AM
i was actually just making fun of you for thinking that internet is mozilla
how much did you pay for your technical qualification?

Mikachu Yukitatsu
6th November 2010, 10:34 AM
I was called an internet bummer once because I always borrowed other peoples connections, not having my own one. However, I just bought a 3G Modem two weeks ago. The first time in my life I have my own internet connection!

Link
6th November 2010, 03:48 PM

I don't think that internet is mozilla. I use the internet through mozilla.

How much did I pay? I have a school bill for $12,000.

Crystal Mew
6th November 2010, 11:37 PM
dang dude, better get going on that business to start getting that paid off

Zak
7th November 2010, 01:25 AM
Is "Mozilla" an internet service provider? I always thought it was just a browser (but I could be wrong maybe the company does have an ISP)?

I think that is the point kurai was making...

Oh, whoops, forgot to mention that I don't have dial-up. I am currently on Verizon for the phone. For the internet, I have Mozilla and it hasn't been that bad.

"I don't have dial-up, I have Mozilla".

Yeah... good luck in the tech support industry. I'm nowhere near a computer whiz and I knew that.

Link
7th November 2010, 07:20 AM
Is "Mozilla" an internet service provider? I always thought it was just a browser (but I could be wrong maybe the company does have an ISP)?

I think that is the point kurai was making...

"I don't have dial-up, I have Mozilla".

Yeah... good luck in the tech support industry. I'm nowhere near a computer whiz and I knew that.

I never said what you're claiming I said. Nice try. Mozilla is an internet service provider of sorts, otherwise, I couldn't get on here through it. By the way, I am certain that you're just doing this because you have a lot of free time and nothing else to do.

Jeff
7th November 2010, 08:41 AM
Your ISP is the company that connects you to the Internet through their servers. Mozilla isn't an ISP, they're just a company that makes a web browser.

Zak
7th November 2010, 11:59 AM
I never said what you're claiming I said. Nice try. Mozilla is an internet service provider of sorts, otherwise, I couldn't get on here through it. By the way, I am certain that you're just doing this because you have a lot of free time and nothing else to do.

This post makes me feel like I'm on Serebii forums.

Blademaster
7th November 2010, 12:15 PM
I'm so confused by this conversation...

Link
7th November 2010, 12:33 PM
Your ISP is the company that connects you to the Internet through their servers. Mozilla isn't an ISP, they're just a company that makes a web browser.

Thank you for stating what I said.

Jeff
7th November 2010, 12:50 PM
Mozilla is an internet service provider of sorts

Mozilla isn't an ISP, they're just a company that makes a web browser.

?

Lady Vulpix
7th November 2010, 01:35 PM
Maybe Heracross meant to say that browsers provide a service that help you make a better use of the Internet? In that twisted sense a browser is an "Internet service provider", but it's not what most people mean when we say that phrase.

abunaidesu
7th November 2010, 01:48 PM

maybe he should have paid for an english course instead of a "computer class".

Link
7th November 2010, 01:49 PM
maybe he should have paid for an english course instead of a "computer class".

maybe you should take an etiquette course.

woz
7th November 2010, 01:59 PM
twelve thousand dollars

abunaidesu
7th November 2010, 02:01 PM
twelve thousand dollars

nice avatar bub.

Heald
7th November 2010, 02:57 PM
Okay children, less shit posts, more playing nice :)

Katie
7th November 2010, 09:30 PM
the pokemasters is an internet service provider because it provides the internet service of pokemon game advice.

hey kevin shouldn't you be charging us or something?

Blademaster
8th November 2010, 01:55 PM
Hey abunaidesu what does your name mean? I'm curious.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
8th November 2010, 11:11 PM
"It's dangerous".

A popular advice in railway stations, and why not at TPM.

I thought you know Japanese, Blade.

Blademaster
9th November 2010, 11:23 AM
You thought wrong.

Telume
9th November 2010, 12:58 PM
"It's dangerous".

A popular advice in railway stations, and why not at TPM.

I thought you know Japanese, Blade.

Expecting him to know about Japanese is like expecting him to know ANYTHING about computers.

No I'm not trolling, I'm simply stating a fact.

Magmar
10th November 2010, 09:59 AM
http://charitymile.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/loser.jpg

Methinks that this qualifies as a shit post that belongs in mount moon. But really, we're a nearly defunct Pokemon forum, why are we so concerned about rules on posting all the time?

Drago
10th November 2010, 07:23 PM
Basically because the thread is full of useless posts. I benefitted nothing from having read this thread, and really it should be closed so it can just die a miserable death.

...However, I'm holding out hope that for no apparent reason it'll veer course to something irrelevant yet interesting. I give it about another eight posts before it gets closed. :birthday:

Jeff
10th November 2010, 09:53 PM
:waycool:

kazr
10th November 2010, 10:30 PM
http://charitymile.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/loser.jpg

Methinks that this qualifies as a shit post that belongs in mount moon. But really, we're a nearly defunct Pokemon forum, why are we so concerned about rules on posting all the time?

The cornerstone and history of TPM is following rules that neither enhance the fun or make posting more enjoyable to do. This has ensured to keep TPM a thriving community.

Blademaster
11th November 2010, 12:41 AM
Expecting him to know about Japanese is like expecting him to know ANYTHING about computers.

No I'm not trolling, I'm simply stating a fact.

I know that computers run on electricity.

Check and mate.

Sayonara.

shazza
11th November 2010, 04:58 AM
The cornerstone and history of TPM is following rules that neither enhance the fun or make posting more enjoyable to do. This has ensured to keep TPM a thriving community.

I love you.