PDA

View Full Version : This is why I don't respect the law in the states...

Zak
10th November 2010, 04:54 PM
http://i.imgur.com/GCNy7.jpg

Lady Vulpix
10th November 2010, 05:18 PM
Is that real?

Zak
10th November 2010, 05:34 PM
Of course. It probably wouldn't be talked about/posted in various places if it wasn't.

Telume
10th November 2010, 06:03 PM
:\

kazr
10th November 2010, 06:41 PM
http://www.vaildaily.com/article/20101104/NEWS/101109939/1078&ParentProfile=1062

EAGLE, Colorado — A financial manager for wealthy clients will not face felony charges for a hit-and-run because it could jeopardize his job, prosecutors said Thursday.

Martin Joel Erzinger, 52, faces two misdemeanor traffic charges stemming from a July 3 incident when he allegedly hit bicyclist Dr. Steven Milo from behind then sped away, according to court documents.

Milo and his attorney, Harold Haddon, are livid about the prosecution's decision to drop the felony charge. They filed their objection Wednesday afternoon, the day after prosecutors notified Haddon's office by fax of their decision.

etc etc etc

Fuck the rich, class warfare is the only war worth fighting.

Drago
10th November 2010, 07:19 PM
Thing is, he's homeless. 15 years with food and shelter might be a blessing! :heh:

Jeff
10th November 2010, 07:21 PM
Thing is, he's homeless. 15 years with food and shelter might be a blessing! :heh:

The sad thing is, this time of the year, when it starts getting colder out, some homeless people resort to stealing in the hopes that they get jail time just so they have a warm place to live.

RedStarWarrior
10th November 2010, 08:29 PM
Unless he is a repeat offender with much more serious charges on his record and he simply violated probation with this theft, I call bullshit.

Roy Karrde
10th November 2010, 09:47 PM
So far I havnt seen any actual news articles on this, just a bunch of blog posts.

That being said if the Judge did order this he would be in violation of US Federal Code.

Federal guidelines: Subsection (b) outlines the penalties for anyone who takes and carries away, with the intent to steal or purloin, any property or money or any thing of value in the care, custody, control, management, or possession of any bank, credit union, or savings and loan. The maximum penalty for violation of this subsection is a fine and ten years imprisonment if the value of the property exceeds $100. The maximum penalty is a fine and one year imprisonment if the property's value is $100 or less.

http://www.justice.gov/usao/eousa/foia_reading_room/usam/title9/crm01349.htm

Blademaster
11th November 2010, 12:39 AM
Nobody respects the law in this country. Especially not the law enforcers.

Just another day in the States, sadly...

Bear
11th November 2010, 09:21 AM
Like this shit doesn't happen in other countries too. I know America sucks and all, but bullshit speaks every language =P

Telume
11th November 2010, 10:50 AM
^ Blade speaks the truth and in some countries, it's a lot more extreme.

And sometimes tied to sports.

Bear
11th November 2010, 02:12 PM
^ Blade Bear speaks the truth and in some countries, it's a lot more extreme.

And sometimes tied to sports.

Fixed =P

Blademaster
11th November 2010, 02:26 PM
Bear, my "father" is a corrupt cop that used his power to shit up my family's life for almost two decades. Don't fucking start with me on the issue.

Bear
11th November 2010, 09:32 PM
Oh I didn't say American law WASN'T a joke, I just wanted to remind everyone that it's not the only country where corruption and unfairness exist! It's more of a human nature thing.

Blademaster
12th November 2010, 03:51 PM
Alright, fair enough... Sorry to snap at you about it.

homeofmew
24th November 2010, 10:48 AM
I agree with Zak. But this stuff does happen sadly. However for some reason that's bias for you $500m < $100 obviously >.> (NOT)

MeLoVeGhOsTs
24th November 2010, 10:56 AM
Land of the free.

Well, I guess every nation has its crap.

RedStarWarrior
27th November 2010, 12:21 PM
Again...his story is bullshit grounded in rumormill tomfuckery.