PDA

View Full Version : *SPOILERS!* Concerning one of my rants of old...

Mew2Too
13th December 2002, 09:04 PM
Is Haruka actually Misty in disguise. Before you mods go a closin', and you members go a flamin', let me just present you with the argument from both sides. You might find it interesting, especially since I tell what I know of Haruka so far. I don't know how many people actually know that much about Haruka yet. Allow me to explain why I even brought this up again.
______

Misty and Haruka's Incredible Similarities:

a.) The looks - People can deny it all they want, but Haruka's face is also Misty's verbatim. I find that strange. Not so much as a different expression, usually.

b.) The demeanor - Haruka seems a little nervous sometimes. Misty could be that way, sometimes, too. More than that, she is very feminine. That is probably not a very good reason, but the way in which she is so femininely gentle reminds me of post-Togepi Misty.

c.) Personality - Basically the same as the last one. I went over the feminine thing- yet that would convince nobody. There is the fact that Haruka is afraid of Pokemon that she would consider "ugly." (The way she cowered from Kimori definitely reminded me of Misty and Caterpie.) She is very friendly with cute Pokemon, though. Like Misty, her definition of a cute Pokemon is not limited to type. Like Misty, she does not limit herself to type. Misty had a Togepi- a decidedly non-Water Pokemon. Her relationship with Achamo reminded me of Misty's relationship with Togepi. The way she reacted to the bike was the exact same way in which Misty reacted. The reason she forgave Ash was pound for pound the reason Misty did. (She was basically about as POed as a post-Togepi Misty would have gotten. Essentially, Haruka seems to be a post-Togepi Misty. Personality-wise.)

d.) The voice - Although they have different VAs, the voices are still close enough to raise an eyebrow. I would've expected them to get a more Hayashibara-chan or Kobayashi-type voice to play Haruka. Instead, the choose another really shoujo-type VA.

e.) The bike - :sweat: This doesn't really prove anything. Only that the artists and writers have failed to come up with a different visual gag. The way in which the bike was destroyed was simply a condensed form of how Misty's bike was destroyed.
______

So, now that I've named why that whole thought of Misty being Haruka even still occurs to me, why does my brain, for the most part, reject it?
______

a.) Misty's preference for Water types - Haruka chose Achamo as her starter. If she were actually Misty, she would've chosen Mudkip. Of course, there was the fact that Mudkip wasn't very friendly towards Haruka when they met. That wouldn't have bothered Misty, would it? Would an unfriendly Water type have caused Misty to choose Fire over Water? Maybe, and maybe not. Misty doesn't always get along with Water type Pokemon. The Gyarados in the Misty special- yes, she really did have her own special on December 10, you didn't dream it- was not too fond of Misty, so I hear. It seemed to have been coming close to losing the Gym for Misty. Not enough is known of that special yet to say how the special ended. So...

b.) Misty is still at the Gym - Probably the biggest one against "Misty is Haruka." I cannot say whether she is still at the Gym or not. She came close to losing it in the special, or so I hear. Plus, there was apparently a "Revenge Battle." (The name of the special was, "Cerulean City Gym! Revenge Battle!") I don't know what that was all about. Maybe at the end, she lost because of the wily Gyarados and had to leave. Sounds off to me, but until I can get more info on the special, I can't say where Misty is right now for sure. The safest bet is that she won whatever trials the mysterious "inspector" in the special put her through and is still residing at the Gym.

c.) Senri and Masato - Coupled with the fact that Oodamaki seems to have known Haruka all her life, there is the fact that Senri seems to be her father and Masato her brother. It would be too far a stretch of the imagination to say that they are just conspirators in a big trick being played on Ash. This is another one of the biggest obstacles in the way of my old theory. Yet, because of lack of info, not much is known of how the relationship between Haruka, Senri, and Masato played out- even though the episode was aired more than a week ago in Japan.

d.) It just plain complicates things - Even though it seems like a pretty bad idea to have a character that appears to be Misty's clone in every way, it does seem awful complicated to explain it with the "Misty is Haruka," thing. This is "Pokemon" we're talking about here, after all.
______

So, what do you think. I've played both sides of the argument. I've also provided you with some pretty good facts on what's going on with Haruka in AG.

I'd especially like to see your votes and posting reasons why you think it could be or can't be true, aside from what I've mentioned. Anything that you know about the AG episodes that you know and I don't would especially be welcome.

Murgatroyd
13th December 2002, 09:28 PM
You already know where I stand on this. Haruka cannot possibly be Misty.

Ash and Misty part ways in Viridian City. Ash heads south to Pallet Town and promptly sets out for Houen. Misty heads north to Cerulean, deals with a rogue Gyarados and a League inspector, and manages to arrive in Houen in time to ride her bike from her home there to Mishiro Town and watch Ash's ship enter the harbor? I don't think so. Not to mention Haruka's own backstory, which is being established solidly enough to deny the possibility outright.

Furthermore: Misty is an expert trainer. Haruka has no clue what to do with a pokemon, and it shows.

Mew2Too
13th December 2002, 09:39 PM
Heh, forgot to vote! I think it is plain which one I voted for. I myself only voted for the third option. I also find it difficult to believe that Haruka is Misty.

That is why I listed two sides of the argument. I can't quite decide myself.

But, Murgy, do you know what happened in the Misty special? I've been waiting a long time for Zak's guide on it. I also know that Brock returns in next week's episode. Where does that leave Misty? Where is she?

Zak
13th December 2002, 10:18 PM
Um.... we got a problem:

The site I translate guides from doesnt do specials. Our only hope for it is either Xeno, or a download...

Meanwhile, Murg and I can search for a Japanese site with some info....

~Zak

Mew2Too
13th December 2002, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by Zak
Um.... we got a problem:

The site I translate guides from doesnt do specials. Our only hope for it is either Xeno, or a download...

Meanwhile, Murg and I can search for a Japanese site with some info....

~Zak

I was hoping you'd drop by, Zak! :)

Here's a hint. Try the Pallet MB. There seems to have been a s**tstorm brewing on the special right after it aired. I couldn't make heads or tales of it. (Either Misty left the Gym, someone else taking the GL position, or Misty won the day and stayed. I can't tell which, but maybe you could translate it.)

Murgatroyd
14th December 2002, 01:12 AM
If I'm understanding the stuff on the Palette board correctly, there was to be a battle to determine the leadership of the Gym. However, I have found no mention of the battle actually happening, and I have found what looks like speculation on the outcome.

If Misty wins the battle, it may be that she becomes the sole leader of the Cerulean Gym, which might discourage her from heading out on another journey. If she loses, who knows.

Mew2Too
14th December 2002, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by Murgatroyd
If I'm understanding the stuff on the Palette board correctly, there was to be a battle to determine the leadership of the Gym. However, I have found no mention of the battle actually happening, and I have found what looks like speculation on the outcome.

If Misty wins the battle, it may be that she becomes the sole leader of the Cerulean Gym, which might discourage her from heading out on another journey. If she loses, who knows.

Ah, then they did what I didn't think was even possible of them! :) They left us a curve-ball. They want us to decide how the battle ends. In a way, this is better. In a way, it isn't. On one hand, they are leaving things wide open for Misty's return. On the other, they are also covering just in case they decide they shouldn't use Misty ever again. (One more decide that, if she never returns, she won the battle for the Gym.)

Very interesting, indeed. I expected them to either open or close the book. Apparently, they just got half-way through so they could finish it in the next book. I sort of admire that- it shows Kunihiko Yuyama was better at storytelling than I thought.

I am with someone I heard on Pallet's MB. I think she lost, but I don't think that she gave up her dream. She left, probably for Houen. She stopped at Professor Oak's and told him her story. To cheer her up, he gave her a PokeDex and allowed her to store her Pokemon at his lab. ( Especially Togepi, who has a great relationship with Tracey and some of Ash's other Pokemon that are there, too. Bayleef will take good care of Togepi, and Bulbasaur will sing it a "Bulba-bye at night! :) )

Oak told her she should start her own Pokemon journey to get badges like Ash did. She may compete in Johto first. (I doubt she'd travel through Kanto.) I have a feeling she went to Houen to start her own "Master Quest," especially if Oak told her that Ash had gone there with one Pokemon and a prayer. ( That brings me to another point. I think she's going to start her journey with only Psyduck! :) )

Chris 2.1
14th December 2002, 11:21 AM
wanna know the biggest reason i think your idea is wrong? because if Haruka was Misty, then why was Haruka so edgy when using Mudkip? if it was Misty, she would have chosen Mudkip over Torchic anyday. and before you say she didnt want to give her disguise away, then that would imply every anime girl (they follow the same facial structure. what sets them apart is their hair [style] or their voice [pitch]) that had a water Pokemon could well be Misty.

RedStarWarrior
14th December 2002, 01:07 PM
No. Way. In. Hell.

Atleast I hope not. She hasn't shown any affection towards Ash has she? If she does then I would start getting suspicious.

AKA Pokemon Fan
14th December 2002, 01:34 PM
Okay, all of you are WAYYYYY out of the loop so I'll be gentle.

***MAJOR SPOILERS***

1. Haruka's family was revealed in the second AG episode. Her father runs the Normal type gym (who Ash loses to his surprisingly strong Yarukimono [Ash says the Pokemon in Houen seem stronger than others]), and she has a younger brother named Masato (who joins up with the group). Misty has made it clear through the whole series that she was the youngest of three sisters.

2. The "Revenge" battle in the Misty special is against the three bullies who Misty, Brock and Ash defeated in the episode Misty left. They do vie for leadership of the gym but continually cheat (sending three Tenacruel against one of her Pokemon). When Misty protects the till then belligerent Gyarados, it sends the punks on their way. We also find out why Misty doesn't like Gyarados (traumatic childhood experience). The Inspector turns out to be the Nurse Joy from wayyyyyyyyyyy back in the Yaz and Kaz gyms episode of Kanto. Misty passes the examination with flying colors. As the Joy leaves she tells her something like that if she ever happens across Ash to tell him that she's doing just fine. Not the slightest indication that she would leave the gym.

Your idea was very interesting idea but I'm afraid there is no real evidence for it. Most likely the various similarities between Haruka and Misty (destroyed bike, interest in Ash) are for future plot developments. One can just imagine Misty's reaction if and when she finds out Ash is travelling with another girl:D

This information is not my own and I la no claim to it. The source can be found here:

http://pub89.ezboard.com/fpokemopolisultimatedodgeforumfrm1.showMessage?top icID=573.topic

He has a bit of a different view on some scenes (to say the least!) but his info is accurate. He's done synopsises for every PAG episode to date.

RyuukoAremi
14th December 2002, 01:36 PM
I personally think that anyone who thinks that Haruka is really Misty NEEDS TO GET THEIR BRAIN CHECKED OUT. That is the stupidest theory on ANYTHING I have ever heard. But that's my opinion.

Also *SPOILERS* Haruka gets an Agehunt. But she will probably catch it as a Kemusso (as is hinted in the opening: Ash, Brock, and Haruka are standing in a forest with Jigu's, Kinokokos, Tsuchinins, Pochienas, and also Kemussos in the trees. Haruka looks around, then clasps her hands together in glee when she notices the Kemusso in the tree). Now, Misty would run away from a Kemusso, as it's a bug. But Haruka likes them.

Kasumi Chan
14th December 2002, 02:41 PM
Personally, I don't buy this theory of Haruka being Misty. Especially after reading AKA Pokemon Fan's post. BTW, thanks for giving us some info about Misty's episode. ;)

Mew2Too
14th December 2002, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by ShinyMarill
wanna know the biggest reason i think your idea is wrong? because if Haruka was Misty, then why was Haruka so edgy when using Mudkip? if it was Misty, she would have chosen Mudkip over Torchic anyday. and before you say she didnt want to give her disguise away, then that would imply every anime girl (they follow the same facial structure. what sets them apart is their hair [style] or their voice [pitch]) that had a water Pokemon could well be Misty.

Didn't I already explain that post-Togepi Misty probably would have chosen Torchic, too? Haruka wasn't at fault with Mudkip, Mudkip sprayed her in the face! If I loved Fire Pokemon, but one decided it would be nice to have a Mew2Too barbeque, that would shake me up a little, too. Why would one expect Misty or anyone else to react casually if a Mudkip doused her? I've never seen any of her own Pokemon do that before. (Totodile may have, yet Misty was happy enough with her fresh-evolved Poliwhirl that she surrendered Totodile to Ash.)

Originally posted by Modern Casualty
No. Way. In. Hell.

Atleast I hope not. She hasn't shown any affection towards Ash has she? If she does then I would start getting suspicious.

Oh. Yeah. Way. In. Hell.

I noticed that Haruka acted that same sorrowful way towards Ash. Maybe the gesture of her forgiveness and subsequent travel with Ash was just a plutonic gesture. Yet, I just get uncomfortable every time I see Haruka giving Ash that look! That look just said, "Ah, he's not so bad!" That was the exact same look that Misty was always giving Ash before she started getting all soft over him. *shivers*

Originally posted by AKA Pokemon Fan
2. The "Revenge" battle in the Misty special is against the three bullies who Misty, Brock and Ash defeated in the episode Misty left. They do vie for leadership of the gym but continually cheat (sending three Tenacruel against one of her Pokemon). When Misty protects the till then belligerent Gyarados, it sends the punks on their way. We also find out why Misty doesn't like Gyarados (traumatic childhood experience). The Inspector turns out to be the Nurse Joy from wayyyyyyyyyyy back in the Yaz and Kaz gyms episode of Kanto. Misty passes the examination with flying colors. As the Joy leaves she tells her something like that if she ever happens across Ash to tell him that she's doing just fine. Not the slightest indication that she would leave the gym.

Oh, God! I sure hope your source of info is wrong. If it isn't, this is just horrific! Misty might never return with good reason unless the fans start an angry mob outside of TV Tokyo's building. Yuyama-san, what to hell are your thinking? There are already as many "Bring Back Misty" people as there were "Bring Back Brock" people! I hope he didn't think he could get away with this scott-free without a hulibaloo from fans.

Mew2Too
14th December 2002, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by Mew2Too
Oh, God! I sure hope your source of info is wrong. If it isn't, this is just horrific! Misty might never return with good reason unless the fans start an angry mob outside of TV Tokyo's building. Yuyama-san, what to hell are your thinking? There are already as many "Bring Back Misty" people as there were "Bring Back Brock" people! I hope he didn't think he could get away with this scott-free without a hulibaloo from fans.

Well, to those who know what it's like to think better of it two minutes later- or for those who just would like to think I'm a self-contradicting fool ( ;) 's at Rusted One) - that might not necessarily be true.

This might not be Misty's last special until next Christmas. Originally, they only did specials every year at Christmas time. Now, with Hoso, they might have one more often. So, maybe Misty will more or less "get her own series."

Rei_Zero
15th December 2002, 01:36 AM
I don't think you tried your hardest to distinguish them Mew2too. I noticed that from your descriptions Haruka is a lot more gentler and more of the stereotypical girl than Misty. Misty was a confident girl with a very tough outside that tried to hide its inside even though its insides occasionally revealed itself. Haruka just seems to be a nice girl who isn't very tough at all and is very unconfident. She easily admires peoples and comments it without hiding it. Misty commented it but never acted like she meant it. Also, Misty is only nervous on things that get to her in the bones, ex. Ash, trauma event, etc. That means she barely ever has nervousness. Haruka seems to have a nervousness for everything that gets to her skin because she has less tolerance and confidence and so forth. Misty was completely pissed and rough and ready to kill about the bike but Haruka just seems to be pissed and angry. She held less of a grudge and easily forgave him in the situation. Misty was pissed at Ash even after knowing the situation and getting a clear picture of it in a very similar situation. In total sum it is not the possession of the attitude that counts. It is the degree of the attitude. This is what makes a person different

Also, Haruka probably started liking Ash much quicker than Misty. She nearly popped into his room on the first eppie. Misty didn't show any obvious signs until like 20 eppies later.

AKA Pokemon Fan
15th December 2002, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by Rei_Zero
Also, Haruka probably started liking Ash much quicker than Misty. She nearly popped into his room on the first eppie. Misty didn't show any obvious signs until like 20 eppies later.
Well I personally think her talking to herself about Ash's virtues in the Metapod vs. Metapod episode was one of the most obvious signs that she stopped following Ash because of the bike long ago. Of course, that still means Haruka became fond of him even faster.

This might not be Misty's last special until next Christmas. Originally, they only did specials every year at Christmas time. Now, with Hoso, they might have one more often. So, maybe Misty will more or less "get her own series."
I somewhat doubt this, but regardless I think it extremely unlikely that she will be leaving the show permanently. I'm almost certain the writers simply want to have Ash have to do without Misty's guidance, as well as set up for an inevitable confrontation between Misty and Haruka.

Brock's departure had a set up where he could have left for good but Misty certainly doesn't. I suspect her sister's world tour would last, at most, a year, after which the egotistical trio will likely take over the gym again. Where the show leads then is anyone's guess.

Mew2Too
15th December 2002, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by Rei_Zero
I don't think you tried your hardest to distinguish them Mew2too. I noticed that from your descriptions Haruka is a lot more gentler and more of the stereotypical girl than Misty. Misty was a confident girl with a very tough outside that tried to hide its inside even though its insides occasionally revealed itself. Haruka just seems to be a nice girl who isn't very tough at all and is very unconfident. She easily admires peoples and comments it without hiding it. Misty commented it but never acted like she meant it.

Well, she's not a rip-off of the Misty we were introduced to. She is probably most likely the softened teen mother Misty of later seasons. That's kind of the kicker. They're not ripping themselves off frame-by-frame.

Also, Misty is only nervous on things that get to her in the bones, ex. Ash, trauma event, etc. That means she barely ever has nervousness. Haruka seems to have a nervousness for everything that gets to her skin because she has less tolerance and confidence and so forth. Misty was completely pissed and rough and ready to kill about the bike but Haruka just seems to be pissed and angry. She held less of a grudge and easily forgave him in the situation. Misty was pissed at Ash even after knowing the situation and getting a clear picture of it in a very similar situation. In total sum it is not the possession of the attitude that counts. It is the degree of the attitude. This is what makes a person different

Did I say Haruka was nervous? She seems a lttle unsure of herself, but I can name some times that Misty was a little unsure. (Like in "The Misty Mermaid!" I believe she was a little uneasy about performing.)

Haruka is nervous about the same sort of things Misty was. She seems to be pretty good with Pokemon, though. I know she's supposed to be kind of wet behind the ears, but not that I rewatched the show I really can't say that as much. After all, Misty was no rookie because she was nervous around Gyarados. Maybe that Mudkip more or less assaulted Haruka because it was just sort of unruly. Bulbasaur tackled Misty- it didn't mean Misty's training skills sucked.

Excuse me? That whole thing with the room was her going in to reem Ash out. She looked like she wanted to bash his brains in at first. Then, she saw Ash asleep on the emergency room table with Pikachu. When Misty saw Ash coddling Pikachu on the emergency room table, she softened in much the same way Haruka did. It didn't mean all was forgiven or forgetten, just the Misty couldn't go too hard on Ash. It was the exact same way with Haruka. She start makin' hot sweaty monkey love to him, she just walked out of the room looking all pensive.

I'm almost certain the writers simply want to have Ash have to do without Misty's guidance, as well as set up for an inevitable confrontation between Misty and Haruka.

Ya know, I hate hearing about this "inevitable confrontation." I don't think the writers are going to get into AAHL. I don't think they'd dare. Of course, they might, and it would cause the fans to picket in front of TV Tokyo 24/7 with nasty signs and flaming torches. :D

In all seriousness, I dont see why they should have to start AAHL if they know Misty will be back eventually. After seeing how the Misty special ended, I'm afraid that they're not planning on bringing her back at all. In that case, my theory of "Haruka is Misty" theory might not be literally true, but sort of portrays the cold hard fact of it - they don't want us to notice Misty's gone, so they've recycled her into Haruka! I don't know about the rest of you, but I just don't care for that sort of thing going on. I know it's a show meant for kids, but isn't there any value placed on characters at all?

If that is so, then consider this: They should dump Pikachu. He's been around far too long, and he's a really dusty character. To make things fresher, they should get one of those Houen + and - Pichu things to be Ash's new Pokemon. We don't have to notice Pikachu is gone. The two look enough alike people really shouldn't care. Plus, we could recycle Pika's personality and make the Pichu thing not far off from Pikachu. Meanwhile, it would have enough uniqueness so we could actually get a more fresh story out of it. Is there anything wrong with doing that?

No, that question was not rhetorical. I'm waiting for responses.

Rei_Zero
15th December 2002, 11:18 PM
The thing is that she nearly popped in twice *if I recall*. The second time proving my point.

Also (I seem to use a lot of that word, huh?), I stated that to me she sounds more nervous. Misty loves all pokemon she has no trauma with. In one of your rants it seems you stated Haruka in general did not like most pokemon. She also seemed unsure of becoming the trainer. If you point out that they become nervous upon doing things they don't want to do your that they have never done before then we are all same in that aspect.

Damian Silverblade
16th December 2002, 01:13 AM
More to the point, have you bothered to think twice about the scene where they decide to travel together?

Have you seen Murg's translation of that scene?

http://homepage.mac.com/murgatroyd314/ash_haruka.jpg

That, and the two "visiting the room" scenes sort of hint (the "Club in the face" style of hint) that at least one of the character might be interested in AAHL. Which is about as much as AAML can claim so far ;)

"She seems to be pretty good with Pokemon, though. I know she's supposed to be kind of wet behind the ears, but not that I rewatched the show I really can't say that as much. After all, Misty was no rookie because she was nervous around Gyarados. Maybe that Mudkip more or less assaulted Haruka because it was just sort of unruly. Bulbasaur tackled Misty- it didn't mean Misty's training skills sucked."

Errrr...What has Haruka done that qualify her as "good with pokemon"? Ah, yes. NOTHING AT ALL. Let's see all her encounters with pokemon in that episode

1-Yomawaru in the forest. Doesn'T exactly make her "good" with pokemon.

2-The Mudkip incident. Notice how she's kind of lost about what to do with the pokemon at first. Not the mark of a someone who's "good with pokemon".

3-Pikachu. Nothing there that qualify her as "good with pokemon"

4-The pokemon chosing. It too proves nothing.

In short : there is no basis at all in the episode to claim that Haruka is good with pokemon. And while it may be explained away otherwise, the first mudkip incident certainly seems to hint that she is NOT good with pokemon at present.

Mew2Too
16th December 2002, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by Damian Silverblade
Have you seen Murg's translation of that scene?

http://homepage.mac.com/murgatroyd314/ash_haruka.jpg

Look at that picture, look at Haruka, look at the pose, look at the words...

Doesn't that bother you a little?

No, I suppose it doesn't. Doing a second-hand version of Ash and Misty's romance wouldn't really tick you off at all. Most you don't believe in AAML. In fact, most of you probably think it's crap.

If Ash were going to date a girl that didn't walk, talk, and look just like Misty, I wouldn't give a damn. It's the idea that- not only are they replacing Misty as _the_ woman in Ash's life- but they are doing under the guise of recycling old Misty stuff to make the show fresh yet familiar. For you who said they weren't recycling old Kanto plot, I think this should just about prove that false.

Haruka is holding the bike against Ash, just like Misty did. A post teen mother Misty- or "mellowed Misty" if you will- probably would have done just what Haruka did, in fact.

So, they've commited the cardinal sin- they recycled AAML. They're just hoping we won't notice that it isn't AAML because Haruka looks and acts so much like Kasumi. Don't say it isn't true- about Haruka being a Kasumi look-alike, I mean. I'm not trying to say that they are the same person or they're sisters now, I'm just trying to say that the producers are using that to cheat viewers! :lol:

AKA Pokemon Fan
16th December 2002, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by Mew2Too
[B]
Did I say Haruka was nervous? She seems a lttle unsure of herself, but I can name some times that Misty was a little unsure. (Like in "The Misty Mermaid!" I believe she was a little uneasy about performing.)
Haruka is nervous about the same sort of things Misty was. She seems to be pretty good with Pokemon, though. I know she's supposed to be kind of wet behind the ears, but not that I rewatched the show I really can't say that as much. After all, Misty was no rookie because she was nervous around Gyarados. Maybe that Mudkip more or less assaulted Haruka because it was just sort of unruly. Bulbasaur tackled Misty- it didn't mean Misty's training skills sucked.
*Please note the following remarks do not mean I don't like Haruka, I really love her character actually*

Haruka is a total beginner with a Pokemon that runs into trees or any other object in the way almos whenever she releases it. She hasn't even learned how to make it attack right. She knows less about Pokemon than Ash did on his first day, and to top it off she is very clumsy. All very "unlike Misty" qualities.

Ya know, I hate hearing about this "inevitable confrontation." I don't think the writers are going to get into AAHL. I don't think they'd dare. Of course, they might, and it would cause the fans to picket in front of TV Tokyo 24/7 with nasty signs and flaming torches. :D
I don't think you understood me, sorry for being vague. Anyway when I say "inevitable confrontation" I'm not thinking of AAHL, I'm thinking of Misty thinking there is AAHL and getting upset or in some way revealing more of her feelings for Ash. I can just imagine Misty and her talking about their journeys with Ash and the way the conversation could lead.

At the most I think there could only be HLAL (Haruka Loves Ash Love), and at the moment I see that as very unlikely.

In all seriousness, I dont see why they should have to start AAHL if they know Misty will be back eventually. After seeing how the Misty special ended, I'm afraid that they're not planning on bringing her back at all. In that case, my theory of "Haruka is Misty" theory might not be literally true, but sort of portrays the cold hard fact of it - they don't want us to notice Misty's gone, so they've recycled her into Haruka! I don't know about the rest of you, but I just don't care for that sort of thing going on. I know it's a show meant for kids, but isn't there any value placed on characters at all?
Brock was switched for another wise, knowledgeable older character, i.e Tracey. Did that mean Brock could never return? And like I said Brock was set up to leave forever, Misty isn't.

While they are reusing plot elements concerning how Haruka starts following Ash I think they are merely elements to help lead to wherever their relationship with each other and other characters will go, nothing more. Look at all the differences between Haruka and Misty's personalities and character traits:

Misty's Personality and Character Traits: Fiery and confident, with an underlying gentle, caring nature. Apt to get her way through force. Has very strongly held beliefs concerning certain things. Has little patience, apt to respond loudly or violently to whatever bothers her. A quick thinker with a great passion for Pokemon Training and a good amount of knowledge of them as well. The youngest of four sisters, she has a bit of an inferiority complex, which contributes to her reactions to anything or anyone she interprets as insulting her. Likes to act and be thought of and treated as feminine but usually ends up being more tomboyish.

Haruka's personality and character traits: Sweet and a bit air-headed, Haruka also tends to do things without thinking. Is rather clumsy and knows very little about Pokemon and the world in general. Though capable of aggression she tends to far more low key and to get her way with others through guilting them into it rather than by force. Presently doesn't care much about training, merely using it as an excuse to travel the world. Naive and lazy she isn't very good at taking care of herself on her own. The older of two children she is in many ways still a child when it comes to solving problems and prefers to do things the easiest way she can. Has a lot of growing up to do.

Brock_ag
16th December 2002, 12:35 PM
*Please note the following remarks do not mean I don't like Haruka, I really love her character actually*

Haruka is a total beginner with a Pokemon that runs into trees or any other object in the way almos whenever she releases it. She hasn't even learned how to make it attack right. She knows less about Pokemon than Ash did on his first day, and to top it off she is very clumsy. All very "unlike Misty" qualities.

I don't think you understood me, sorry for being vague. Anyway when I say "inevitable confrontation" I'm not thinking of AAHL, I'm thinking of Misty thinking there is AAHL and getting upset or in some way revealing more of her feelings for Ash. I can just imagine Misty and her talking about their journeys with Ash and the way the conversation could lead.

At the most I think there could only be HLAL (Haruka Loves Ash Love), and at the moment I see that as very unlikely.

Brock was switched for another wise, knowledgeable older character, i.e Tracey. Did that mean Brock could never return? And like I said Brock was set up to leave forever, Misty isn't.

While they are reusing plot elements concerning how Haruka starts following Ash I think they are merely elements to help lead to wherever their relationship with each other and other characters will go, nothing more. Look at all the differences between Haruka and Misty's personalities and character traits:

Misty's Personality and Character Traits: Fiery and confident, with an underlying gentle, caring nature. Apt to get her way through force. Has very strongly held beliefs concerning certain things. Has little patience, apt to respond loudly or violently to whatever bothers her. A quick thinker with a great passion for Pokemon Training and a good amount of knowledge of them as well. The youngest of four sisters, she has a bit of an inferiority complex, which contributes to her reactions to anything or anyone she interprets as insulting her. Likes to act and be thought of and treated as feminine but usually ends up being more tomboyish.

Haruka's personality and character traits: Sweet and a bit air-headed, Haruka also tends to do things without thinking. Is rather clumsy and knows very little about Pokemon and the world in general. Though capable of aggression she tends to far more low key and to get her way with others through guilting them into it rather than by force. Presently doesn't care much about training, merely using it as an excuse to travel the world. Naive and lazy she isn't very good at taking care of herself on her own. The older of two children she is in many ways still a child when it comes to solving problems and prefers to do things the easiest way she can. Has a lot of growing up to do.

You did a well job of explaining that. I rest my case.:yes: