PDA

View Full Version : One Flew Over the Cukoo's Nest

Mikachu Yukitatsu
13th November 2010, 11:25 AM
This might well go into Mt. Moon but let's see how it turns out, shall we? I stole the title from shazza's Unown Awards nomination!

So long I have regretted that I didn't post in this thread (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?t=19418) after I returned. But I didn't. Perhaps I wasn't sure about my situation back there, I was afraid I had to return to the hospital if my condition got worse.

Anyway, now I have been back to TPM since March, and I still feel that I'm having some unfinished business with shazza's topic.

On the 22nd of September 2009, it was Tuesday, and I gave what was supposed to be the first lesson of my third Japanese course. The following day, the signs of bad-slept nights, arguing with my mother, memories of the school shootings in Jokela and Kauhajoki and overall stress became noticed by my Kuntoutuskoti nursers. Kuntoutuskoti is a nursing home in the center of Ylivieska, my current hometown. So they took me to the mental hospital.

I had really strange thoughts, like that I shouldn't be let to Facebook because I'd write something terrible there, and also anime worlds were confused with the real world inside my head. I was afraid of another school shooting. On weekend I had heard a song from Final Fantasy X played in my apartment and still haven't figured out whether or not it was an auditory illusion.

In the mental hospital, I thought about both TPM and Facebook quite often, but as usual, the nurses said I should focus on my own well-being. Already in October, I even had a hunch that none other than shazza could make a thread about my absence!

I spent one month in Section 5 which was actually quite fun at times, all those interesting patients. In addition, there were two girls who showed a little interest in me. I still miss them. The other one even asked me to tell everything about Pokemon and Digimon one day. Too bad I was under heavy medication and couldn't. I had even spent one night plus some hours on another day in an isolation room because I was too restless.

Then I was put into Section 1 which didn't feel so good, the people there were more boring and I had to struggle through Christmas and Winter Olympics there.

Early January, I was playing with my cell phone in the hospital. I tried to phone someone and they didn't answer. I was afraid my phone was broken, so I randomly picked another friend and called her. It happened to be Emmi! She told me about shazza's thread. Even after I mentioned that, the nurses told me I should abandon TPM and stuff. However, I got a permission to return from my doctor after being transferred from the hospital back to the good old Kuntoutuskoti. I lost my own apartment but could continue here in Ylivieska thanks to all those people.

So I wasn't totally surprised by shazza's thread. Now to some quotes:

If he died, nobody would ever know.

Although he might have organized someone to come onto tpm to let us know....

Great advice, I must remember to add that to my last will when the time comes!

the plot thickens...

whats his real name? come on you e-detectives figure this out!

Mikael Juhana Tanska.

This made me laugh aloud as well, there were only 72 minutes between these replies.

I HAD A DREAM LAST NIGHT HE POSTED IN THIS TOPIC AND EVERYTHING WAS A OKAY :cry:

This might have been the same night I was in the isolation room! The time zone may prevent it though.

Ok I have some good news and some bad news. The good news is that I got a message from one of Mikachu's Facebook friends. The bad news is that it is in Finnish and I can't translate it.

The messages I got where

Mikachu on sulonen

and

mitäs mikael meikäkin alotti uuden elämän jätin tuon ilman aikoisen elämän hukkaamisen pois nyt oon ollu kuivilla ja aijon kyllä ollakki ooks millo tulossa oulussa käymään ois kiva nähdä pitkästä aikaa eihän tuota ole nähty ku varmaan joskus 2004 kesällä viimeksi.

From what I have gathered from that I think is that Mikachu has gone to visit someone or something.

Sorry Elf, but this had nothing to do with my absence.

Mikachu on sulonen
Mikachu is sweet

mitäs mikael meikäkin alotti uuden elämän jätin tuon ilman aikoisen elämän hukkaamisen pois nyt oon ollu kuivilla ja aijon kyllä ollakki
What about mikael I started a new life as well I left that useless waste of life now I have been clean and am going to be, too.

ooks millo tulossa oulussa käymään ois kiva nähdä pitkästä aikaa eihän tuota ole nähty ku varmaan joskus 2004 kesällä viimeksi.
When are you coming to visit Oulu it would be nice to see for a long time we surely haven't seen since somewhere summer 2004.

Anyhow, to sum up it all, the topic was great and epic and I felt so welcomed back.

Lady Vulpix
13th November 2010, 11:54 AM
Wow, that was quite an interesting story. It's good to have you back, Mikachu. I hope you're well and stay well. :)

Blademaster
13th November 2010, 12:06 PM
Was there a big quiet Native American guy in the hospital with you, Mikachu?

Mikachu Yukitatsu
14th November 2010, 12:50 AM
I believe no there wasn't. Why do you ask, Blade?

I lived through some nostalgic moments re-reading the thread yesterday. I also read some old Mt. Moon threads that mentioned me. What's more, I long for Blademaster's One-Year Topic. It would have been extremely epic if I had returned just in time to end it ON 500 POSTS.

abunaidesu
14th November 2010, 03:39 PM
glad you're feeling much better. :)

kazr
14th November 2010, 08:49 PM
Cool read mikachu, unfortunate circumstances but thanks for sharing. Did the doctors formally diagnose you with anything? If that's too personal then never mind.

Andrew
14th November 2010, 11:04 PM
TL; DR

Link
15th November 2010, 07:39 AM
Good having you back! :)

shazza
15th November 2010, 08:02 AM
I recall I was rather cautious in posting that topic as I felt I was overstepping the line between Internet lolz and someone’s private life – especially since I had the gut feeling that your absence was linked to your mental health. I tried to demonstrate I was genuinely worried about your well being (which I was), but at the same time I felt that it came off as being a joke which I now feel pretty bad about. If that is how it came across, my sincerest apologies and want to stress that there was no malicious intent in the post. Same with the title I gave you in the Unown awards.

Judging by this post, however, it seems you are well with it. :)

I am glad you have returned and hope your health remains with you for many years to come. Everyone deserves health, happiness, and love in this world. Peace.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
15th November 2010, 10:56 PM
Cool read mikachu, unfortunate circumstances but thanks for sharing. Did the doctors formally diagnose you with anything? If that's too personal then never mind.

I have schizophrenia and Asperger syndrome. Taking also medication daily.

And as I said, the thread was cool, so don't worry shazza.

Blademaster
16th November 2010, 02:09 PM
Which medication? Maybe you and me are on the same stuff. :D

Mikachu Yukitatsu
17th November 2010, 06:16 AM
Morning Absenor 500 mg Abilify 30 mg
Evening Absenor 800 mg Zyprexa 25 mg

I used to take Lamictal, too, but got rid of that in the hospital. Also Leponex, but that didn't suit me. I drooled too much and my speech sounded odd.

My doctor checks my progress once in three months. Perhaps some lightenings in my medication ahead!

Blademaster
17th November 2010, 11:43 AM
Aw, we don't share meds. :( We coulda been med-buddies.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
5th February 2015, 09:36 AM
I'll revive this thread because a TPM-related problem rose up in our discussion recently.

So, my nurses said I shouldn't tell so openly I have mental problems in the internet. But I did so years ago here at TPM! And I have never regretted that, on the contrary, I have been glad I did it. Now I can bring every extra bit of my personality on TPM, not hiding my weak points.

What do you think about that?

Lady Vulpix
5th February 2015, 03:20 PM
I think your nurses may be worried that you'll come across some idiots online who will attack you, but idiots don't deserve your attention, and those who care for you want to know what you're going through and support you, so I think you were right to let us know.

Magmar
11th February 2015, 04:20 PM
Mikachu, TPM is a safe space to openly acknowledge that you are living with a disability and that you are living with the mental illnesses that you have told us about. We all care for you as our friend and won't let anyone harass you over it!

Regardless of that, though, people on other websites can be cruel, far crueler than any of us will ever be to you. Use your discretion and ask your professional team before you disclose your disability and diagnoses elsewhere.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
14th January 2016, 04:04 PM
Hey again! The medical staff still wants to limit my TPM usage. The current quota is three days a week, and no more than half an hour each day. I have been ignoring that a bit, and today I have been here for hours straight. I feel okay, except that I have a bad conscience. One of the nurses' main arguments has been that a forum's existence can't depend on a sole person, when I try to tell them that TPM needs me. Is this a bad approach?

kurai
14th January 2016, 06:03 PM
tpm does not need you

Lady Vulpix
15th January 2016, 04:24 AM
Hey again! The medical staff still wants to limit my TPM usage. The current quota is three days a week, and no more than half an hour each day. I have been ignoring that a bit, and today I have been here for hours straight. I feel okay, except that I have a bad conscience. One of the nurses' main arguments has been that a forum's existence can't depend on a sole person, when I try to tell them that TPM needs me. Is this a bad approach?
TPM can still exist without you. We would miss you, of course, but your well-being is more important than seeing you post everyday. If taking a break from TPM is good for you, then we can wait until you're better. Don't worry, we'll still be there when you come back.

What you could do, if it upsets you, is ask the medical staff why being online is bad for you.

shazza
15th January 2016, 08:15 AM
You should remind yourself: even if you are not consistently active on TPM (which I don't know how one can achieve that in 2016), you're still remain a perennial character in this universe. But, no, TPM does not need you.

Why do you think TPM needs you?

Mikachu Yukitatsu
15th January 2016, 10:16 AM
No, to think it all over again, maybe TPM doesn't need me. But if I were here more than the current quota lets me, I would help to keep this message board at least a bit more alive on my part. Waiting that maybe one day referees return to ASB and a new RPG that actually attracts me starts out. 1 1/2 hours aren't enough for that kind of activity.

firepokemon
16th January 2016, 01:38 AM
o.o

Lady Vulpix
16th January 2016, 02:58 PM
Waiting that maybe one day referees return to ASB and a new RPG that actually attracts me starts out. 1 1/2 hours aren't enough for that kind of activity.
Waiting does not require that much online time. Just check the new threads when you log in. If what you're looking for isn't there, check again the next day.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
5th September 2016, 09:18 AM
THEY MAY CLOSE THE EXACT SAME MENTAL HOSPITAL SOON (http://www.kp24.fi/uutiset/Theme.aspx?id=1480&newsid=419515)

The doctor who has taken care of me for 11 years has already resigned. He will quit within a month and he is the only psychiatrist working at the hospital. A mental hospital cannot function without a psychiatrist.

I suggest we establish a Pokemon Gym there for the sake of irony.

ChobiChibi
6th September 2016, 07:01 AM
I'm so sorry they're closing your hospital :( I know change can be really hard with mental/physical disabilities... Are they at least referring you to a different hospital? It would be so horrible if they just left you and the other patients to fend for yourselves.

I'm sure everything will be fine though, we're all still lurking here if you need to talk :) I wanted to read the article, but my Chrome didn't come up with the "do you want to translate this page" thing.

Link
6th September 2016, 08:49 PM
We're all here for you.:)

Mikachu Yukitatsu
6th September 2016, 11:19 PM
Technically, I was moved to a separate unit just before I heard this. I even have a supported apartment of my own now. So I don't actually quite know how much this concerns me. But with Visala down, many patients will have to change hospital and we're talking about the ones in Kokkola and Oulu. Kokkola is 80 km from here and Oulu 132 km from here.

I might translate the article when I have more time.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
9th September 2016, 08:36 AM
A bit afraid that I reveal some personal info down here...

Visala Hospital in Danger of Closure

Visala Hospital offers a post for about one hundred employees. Picture: Juhani Rintakumpu

Leading medical superintendent Kari Lehtinen, who has worked for about 25 years in Ylivieska Visala Hospital, has resigned this week. After Lehtinen has left, Visala won't have any psychiatrist.

The acting Pohjois-Pohjanmaa health care district leader Aino-Liisa Oukka considers the situation in Visala very difficult. According to her, it's possible that the entire Visala hospital will be shut down.

Kari Lehtinen will be in the office till the beginning of October. According to the acting leader of health care district the safety of the patients won't be in danger even after this, for they will take care of psychiatrist services in Oulu and Kokkola.

Oukka says the basic problem with Visala will be that they haven't gained psychiatrists to the open positions, altough they have tried to fill up them for numerous occasions. However, the hospital cannot function without a psychiatrist. The whole public health care of Northern Finland is troubled by the lack of psychiatrists.

The 59-year old Kari Lehtinen tells he has resigned because the operational conditions to carry on in Visala are difficult. They have had to struggle with occasional problems at the hospital for a long time. The workload of the leading medical superintendent has been big.

Visala Hospital employs about 100 persons. There are 84 beds for patients, of which there are about 70 at use.

ChobiChibi
10th September 2016, 04:13 PM
I don't think it gives too much away (although I'm not the kind of person that would use this information to find out more about where you're living!). You could always edit out the names of the people as [Doctor] and the hospital as just [hospital] if you're worried though.