PDA

View Full Version : Enlighten Up!

Light_Togetic
26th April 2003, 10:02 PM
Well, this episode wasn't horribly bad, but it wasn't really great either. I thought that Team Rocket and Ash and co. having to "think of nothing" was funny. And also seeing Misty hurl Meowth into the lake to talk to the pokemon was pretty funny too.:D But Team Rocket stealing the golden statue of a Slowpoke was... well, all too predictable. And I would have liked to see a Slowking evolving from a Slowbro rather than a Slowpoke evolving... which we've seen about a dozen times in previous episodes.:rolleyes: Slowking is much cooler and smarter. And I wish they would have been "enlightened" about something else besides the knowledge of trusting friends; because they already know that! I really think they should have gained some newer knowledge. But, overall, I'd give this episode a 6/10.

Hanada Tattsu
26th April 2003, 10:22 PM
Enlighten Up!

Hmm, this episode was a filler, but it was a pretty good one. The plot was really hard to predict, so I do have to give it to the writers.

I found a mistake in the part where Brock is introducing himself to Madeline; he says he's from "Flint City", not "Pewter City". Madeline, was a sweet character, but they made her sound like a nun; you know the dialouge "dears" and stuff like that...

Slowpoke shouldn't have evolved into Slowbro, Slowking is what it should have evolved into. Of course, from the moment where we saw Slowpoke put his tail in the water I knew that it would eventually evolve.

Also, we saw Delibird again at the very end! I really like that Pokemon! :D!

Anyway, I give it a 7/10.

Snakes N' Legends
26th April 2003, 10:57 PM
Yeah, I spotted that mistake. Brock is from Pewter City, not Flint City. It's a filler, and it have been better. The whole enlightment thing should have done something. Oh, did anybody notice that nobody come to the conclusion that Slowpoke was going to evolve when it got Shellder? I mean Ash saw it once in the episode "Evolution Confusion" and he doesn't remember it. Seems like the writers are making Ash miss a lot about things he encountered during his Kanto and Orange Island Adventures (Melvin, P-1 tournament, most of his pokemon and not to mention about two of the legendary birds {Zapdos and Articuno} ) I gave this episode a 6.5

T M Pikachu
26th April 2003, 11:28 PM
Hmm... it wasn't that bad. It wasn't that boring and some parts was pretty funny. Misty throwing Meowth into the lake. Ash, Misty, Brock, Jessie, James, and Meowth all trying to think of nothing but end up getting slapped by a stick. The whole getting the gold Slowpoke was too obviously, but it wasn't that bad. Hmm... anothing reference name. Madeline looked like a nun besides the fact she was wearing purple. Could the name Madeline possibly come from oh... I don't know? The story book Madeline, the young girl who studies and grows to church as a school. I can't remember the storyline, but that's what the name reminded me of. All and all I give the episode a 7/10.