PDA

View Full Version : Exercise Thread!

shazza
16th November 2010, 05:40 AM
So, who here exercises and consciously eats healthy? Cadio or strength training prominent? How many times a week? Why do you do it? Wow, I just had deja vu. Anyway, I digress.

I lost about 25kg from cardio between December 2007 and July 2008, however in hindsight I probably should have made muscle training active as I probably lost muscle. December 2008-Feb 2009 I attempted doing weights and strength training, which worked to an extent, but I was not eating at a caloric surplus or enough protein to make significant gain.

November 2009 to March 2010 I made much more of a significant effect and gained about 4kg in muscle and increased my strength significantly. Was pretty lazy in the winter months, both physically and mentally, so seldom worked out both cardio and strengh training wise.

I've been more regular again since September 2010 with the sun now shining more bright, and my roommate has a bench and with our weights combined got a pretty good set up out the back. So I've been working out 3-4 times a week in strength training and 1-2 in cardio. I'm pretty sure I've passed my February peak in terms of strength, so that's exciting as I was a bit hesitant in starting again knowing I won't be at my peak!

Currently not following any program, basically just created my own. Have warm ups and then do a few sets for compound exercises -- squats, military press, bench press, rows, and deadlift. And I train until failure in between with some isolation exercises -- lateral raises, bicep curls, tricep extensions, dumbell upright row.

Always exciting to increase your weight; try to do about 2.5kg each session. It's like the next level in the video game. :)

Definitely not a "tank", but the most I get out of exercise in the long run is what it does to the mind: feeling of accomplishment, confident, self-esteem, productivity, creativity, and lessening anxiety.

Feeling depressed? Lift some weights, cunt.

So, it would be good to know of any other active exercisers on TPM!

Mikachu Yukitatsu
16th November 2010, 07:16 AM
Got thinner during my last hospital period, leaving it with 62 kgms or something in March. I'm 184 cm tall, so that was way too low.

Now I haven't gone to walk so often plus I have eaten more. So my weight is currently 75 kg and I'm fatter than ever. If it wasn't my for mother, I'd care less but she says I should lose some weight.

Magmar
16th November 2010, 08:28 AM
I do some cardio every single day, and work out with weights when I can fit it into my schedule. Surprisingly, I'm the homo who owns a weight bench.

If I can't find time to specifically work out, I'll make sure that I powerwalk (really, not just saying "powerwalk"... I book it) to/from work and/or school, which could be up to two hours of cardio carrying very heavy bags (about 40 pounds) specifically because I want to cram the exercise into my day. As a result, I have a lot of trunk and leg strength. I'm active at my job and I play basketball/lacrosse occasionally.

And I'm close to 5'9 and weigh about 145. Pretty sure I'm in the low end of normal, but I know I have a fair amount of muscle constituting the weight I do have. I used to weigh almost 50 pounds more... now I can barely pinch my skin in most places (other than my gay butt) haha

Heald
16th November 2010, 09:21 AM
I try to do running when I can, but gyms around here are both horribly underequipped (no gym within 20 miles with any free weights area) and horribly overpriced (half a month's wages for a month's membership). My plan at the moment is:

a) get a better job
b) get a bigger house
c) put a bench and weights in spare room
d) get hench

Until then, gonna keep up with the running.

Ayeun
16th November 2010, 09:59 AM
Its a little different for girls...

I do:

Cardio 2 - 3 times a week (Skipping at least once a week)
Squats and crunches at least once a week

For diet question, I try to limit my red meat consumption to twice a week, Steamed vegetables at least 4 times a week, and 2 servings of 'greasy food' a week. Rice and salad as lunches, and when I remember it (and I get up in time), its plain toast for breakfast. Fruit too.

ChobiChibi
16th November 2010, 11:17 AM
All I do is walk around and I stay pretty much stick thin... I love my metabolism :D

That being said, I am technically classed as underweight for my height. I'm roughly 170cm/50kg... I eat rubbish yet it just doesn't make me gain any weight.

Woop.

Blademaster
16th November 2010, 02:23 PM
I'm poor and malnourished, so my weight is fine.

Though I DO try and regularly do push-ups, crunches, squats, jumping jacks... Whatever's available to me when I feel compelled to get up from the computer and do something productive, I'll try. Nothing like doing squats with a dumbbell composed of a broom handle with two jugs of Hawaiian Punch on the ends. That's some ghetto excercise, nigga. It's GHEXERCISE. :cawg:

Telume
16th November 2010, 02:49 PM
I haven't gained any weight in a few years, that said I'm just right for my height. My weight varies between 140~150. I walk a lot, everywhere I can. I'd like to have a car though for the really far away places. Won't stop me from walking wherever I can though.

crown34
16th November 2010, 08:14 PM
I play volleyball everyday and do push-ups every day.

Dryk
16th November 2010, 10:04 PM
P90X anyone?... try to do it everyday, along with 2 hour workouts with my team at least 2 days a week, and a 6-hour practice once a week.

As for diet, does skipping breakfast most days count?

Katie
17th November 2010, 12:59 AM
I count calories and try to hit all the food groups daily, but otherwise I'm pretty "fuck it" with my food. I chop down trees and carry them on shoulders with my friends on weekends so my delts and traps are amazing right now, whatup. Other than that, I'm on my feet running around carrying shit for 8 hours a day at my job, and I walk everywhere around campus for school so that's gotta count for something. Also majoring geology you go on some pretty intense hikes every month or so. I think I'm on the slim side of a "healthy" BMI for my height.

I'd love to start lifting weights when I have more time, unfortunately the university rec is only free to students, so when I'll finally have time I won't be a student anymore. So I'll have to pay for a membership somewhere else. With money I won't have yet. LAME. :(

edit: sex is exercise right?

Ayeun
17th November 2010, 02:16 AM
sex is exercise right?

An orgasm for a male burns 100 cal.
An orgasm for a woman burns 500 cal.

Blademaster
17th November 2010, 11:41 AM
And women bitch about not getting equal rights. :mad: Fucking hypocrites.

Greyfox
17th November 2010, 12:33 PM
I'd love to start lifting weights when I have more time, unfortunately the university rec is only free to students, so when I'll finally have time I won't be a student anymore. So I'll have to pay for a membership somewhere else. With money I won't have yet. LAME. :(

A lot of universities keep their free stuffs open to alumni. Maybe you could see if that's the case for yours as well?

As for me, I have wonderful metabolism, much like Chobi. I'm on my feet for ten hours a day, and at least three days a week, I exercise. Nothing majorly exciting -- pushups, situps, jogging every now and again. Every Tuesday, I play kickball with some coworkers.

My diet, however, is quite appauling. I eat way too much junk and rarely any vegetables. I'm trying to work on it though. I'll occasionally eat an apple or a plum... but that doesn't happen too often. Oh well...

Ayeun
17th November 2010, 07:44 PM
And women bitch about not getting equal rights. :mad: Fucking hypocrites.

Hehe... Take in to account that the average amount of time for a male to orgasm is 7 minutes, vs the average female orgasm time of 23 minutes.

DarkestLight
17th November 2010, 08:23 PM
As for me, I have wonderful metabolism, much like Chobi. I'm on my feet for ten hours a day, and at least three days a week, I exercise. Nothing majorly exciting -- pushups, situps, jogging every now and again. Every Tuesday, I play kickball with some coworkers.

I'm the poster boy of insane metabolism. 6 ft tall and 137 lbs. Underweight yet I'm healthy as sin and eat whatever I want.

I play Ultimate on weekends, cause its colder now. When you run like me, its no longer a casual game, its all out intensity. I also run a damn ed lot, like 3/4 miles on the weekend (not including Ultimate)

Also take varied classes (hi speed movement class..holy hell I swear Ima figure out how to break the speed barrier on foot soon), and I ewally should use my Gym Member ship more but right now, once a week is fine for weight lifting, as I don't really do much in that regard. Sit/Pushups at home and ghetto outside workouts (scaffolding chinups/pushups/stretching poles work just as well.)

And I walk alot.

So yah.

Leon-IH
18th November 2010, 02:39 AM
Hehe... Take in to account that the average amount of time for a male to orgasm is 7 minutes, vs the average female orgasm time of 23 minutes.

Is the study from which this data comes based on masturbation or sex.. because if it's the latter I am so confused right now.

Ayeun
18th November 2010, 07:21 AM
Is the study from which this data comes based on masturbation or sex.. because if it's the latter I am so confused right now.

To be honest, I don't remember. I think I read it in cosmo.

Heald
18th November 2010, 10:16 AM
To be honest, I don't remember. I think I read it in cosmo.
a well-respected source then

Bear
18th November 2010, 11:19 AM
I've gone from 174lbs to 195 lbs since I moved to Jersey 5 months ago. I need to get back to working out before I become a fat ass lol.

The exercise I currently get is mostly limited to playing soccer a couple nights a week. As far as diet goes...well I eat alot of pasta, bread, and tuna, so it's high in carbs and protein (which would explain the weight gain). Once I get back to working out regularly (read: when I can afford it) I will probably drop 10 lbs and gain all my muscle definition back.

Blademaster
18th November 2010, 11:31 AM
a well-respected source then

I really wish you'd stop beating me to the punch with all these lines, bro... :sweat: