PDA

View Full Version : HARRY POTTER AND THE DEATHLY HALLOWS PT 1

Zak
19th November 2010, 03:07 AM
MUCH better than the other movies. I hated the last two, but this one finally did it.

Believe me, if you're a fan of the franchise but not the movies, see this one, else you're missing out.

I would say I can't wait for part 2... except even though its the same book and there's shit happening in it and it's the end, there's no way it'll top this one.

It was kind of funny... never went to one of them at midnight 'till now, the crazy audience reactions were priceless.

They should have called it "Harry Potter and the Traveling Tent"

Ayeun
19th November 2010, 03:21 AM
They should have called it 'Harry potter and Hermione's boob!'

Mikachu Yukitatsu
19th November 2010, 04:49 AM
I only didn't like Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. Especially the stupid arguing scene. The others were OK. I have yet to see The Dealthy Hallows, plus I would like to read the books one day. I'm just wondering, in Finnish or in English? The Finnish versions have all those weird translations like Rohkelikko (Gryffindor) and Karkotaseet (Expelliarmus)...

Dryk
19th November 2010, 10:52 PM
I thought the other ones were pretty good (except the first two), and this one was really good, except that it just felt like a major setup for the final one... which it was.

Which version would you read if you read english, Mikachu, the american or the brit?

Magmar
19th November 2010, 11:18 PM
I thought it was a pretty spot-on adaptation, but there were elements that jived with the book but were missing from previous movies. Like the shard of glass, did we ever see that in previous movies?

Mikachu Yukitatsu
20th November 2010, 12:08 AM
Which version would you read if you read english, Mikachu, the american or the brit?

There are TWO VERSIONS?!? The original, but I didn't know there were two English ones?

DivineAll
20th November 2010, 02:22 AM
I thought it was a pretty spot-on adaptation, but there were elements that jived with the book but were missing from previous movies. Like the shard of glass, did we ever see that in previous movies?

The shard of glass was never brought up in the film version. It was brought up in Order Of The Phoenix book version, yes, but never in the actual film the book's supposed to be based off of.

I think that's my biggest gripe with the Harry Potter films after Chamber Of Secrets: they leave out or change characters and details, either minute or crucial, that are relevant to the plot and expect the moviegoers to have already read the book beforehand. I can accept some of the details they left out in Sorcerer's Stone, and I can also accept some of the details left out in Chamber Of Secrets, but starting with Prisoner Of Azkaban, it gets noticeable for those who've read the book before watching the movie.

Half-Blood Prince was probably the worst when it came to explaining the plot. Instead of focusing of He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named's origins and motivations, they focused more on the romance subplot that was going on in the book, and I honestly think the movie-makers only did that because of the whole Twilight craze and all.

For Deathly Hallows... I'm actually quite curious on where they'll end Part 1. I know there's a lot of stuff they'll have to explain that wasn't in previous movies but was in previous books, but I know that they won't explain at least maybe half of it anyway. Or maybe a quarter at this point...

shazza
20th November 2010, 03:38 AM
Just came back from it then and I enjoyed it much better than the sixth. I liked Hermione getting naked.

I have never read any of the books. :( Maybe I should before 7 Pt II comes out? But there are so many pages and books. :mad2:

Drago
20th November 2010, 05:03 AM
Personally, I didn't like this one. Not at all.

I felt like it dragged in some places, and felt overly convoluted in others. About my favourite part was the stylish animated 'Three Brothers' segment, but that was only a minor thing anyhow.

I also think the title is dopey as all hell. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1? Ugly looking title; just give the other one a cute different subtitle and spare us the 'part' crap.

Andrew
20th November 2010, 06:09 AM
I liked this film, but simply because I've seen the others. Outside of the flashy sequences, I really felt myself longing for Hogwarts. Depressing, no? I wanted to go to an imaginary School.

Still, I enjoyed it. Still felt the Bathlida/Nagnini sequence was done really poorly.

Dryk
20th November 2010, 11:51 AM
Mikachu, take for example the first book, your choices are Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (American) or Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (British)
http://www3.images.coolspotters.com/wallpapers/11075/harry-potter-and-the-sorcerers-stone-mobile-wallpaper.jpghttp://1.bp.blogspot.com/_L8IjJkWEOts/TJgWt7QbBiI/AAAAAAAAAz8/NW6DuhABNwk/s1600/Harry_Potter_and_the_Philosophers_Stone_Book_J_K_R owling.jpg

Zak
20th November 2010, 03:32 PM
Just came back from it then and I enjoyed it much better than the sixth. I liked Hermione getting naked.

That was CGI you know...

Austrian ViceMaster Alex
20th November 2010, 05:41 PM
I only read the final two chapters of the book to see how the story ends - so I cannot say much about the accuracy of the film adaption. But I must say it was a very enjoyable movie and more fun than the last two. It was also good to see some of the characters from previous books again.

shazza
20th November 2010, 07:40 PM
That was CGI you know...

She wore a strapless bra and they were covered in silver paint. Obviously CGI affects were used due to the nature of the scene.

And even if their entire bodies were CGI and that wasn't them, your argument is still pretty void.

Ayeun
20th November 2010, 08:19 PM
She wore a strapless bra and they were covered in silver paint. Obviously CGI affects were used due to the nature of the scene.

And even if their entire bodies were CGI and that wasn't them, your argument is still pretty void.

I agree with Shazza here... Hermione's boob is now my desktop picture.

shazza
20th November 2010, 08:42 PM
Give me the screen cap!

Telume
20th November 2010, 09:15 PM
I never really liked the movies and the adaptation of 6 would probably piss me off too much for me to bother, I enjoyed the book because of the way Rowling presented it. You could practically see the 'movie' play out in your head and not this Hollywoodization that they tend to do to a GREAT plotline. If you ever get the chance watch some Nostalgia Critic if you don't already and see how much he rips a new one to some of the Hollywoodizations of certain franchises and to this movie and the movie versions over all all I have to say is this...

K-hGLWlj_ko

Thank you NC, I couldn't have said it any better myself. I'll stick to the books, thanks.

DivineAll
21st November 2010, 12:33 AM
I never really liked the movies and the adaptation of 6 would probably piss me off too much for me to bother, I enjoyed the book because of the way Rowling presented it. You could practically see the 'movie' play out in your head and not this Hollywoodization that they tend to do to a GREAT plotline. If you ever get the chance watch some Nostalgia Critic if you don't already and see how much he rips a new one to some of the Hollywoodizations of certain franchises and to this movie and the movie versions over all all I have to say is this...

K-hGLWlj_ko

Thank you NC, I couldn't have said it any better myself. I'll stick to the books, thanks.

While I agree with the Critic, I say it could have been a MUCH worse book-to-movie adaptation. I mean read through Percy Jackson & The Olympians: The Lightning Thief and compare it to the film version. The Harry Potter series had it easy for it's adaptations. Percy Jackson was butchered the moment it was put out on the big screen, but I digress...

Blademaster
21st November 2010, 03:15 PM
Give me the screen cap!

Seconded. Now you people have gotten me curious.

Ayeun
21st November 2010, 07:28 PM
Nope. Im keeping it. All MINE!

Telume
22nd November 2010, 11:36 AM
^ To the little interchange above me.

0ge4_0jF2nc

Blademaster
22nd November 2010, 11:55 AM
Dear Telume,

The shit you're doing right now?

jSyVIbLh4QU

~Sincerely, TPM

Telume
22nd November 2010, 12:11 PM
There's a screencap where Emma Watson comes on for an interview and the little name display still says Rupert Grint which is hilarious. I don't remember which station it was but, I think it was CNN.

Oh hey, look what I found...

http://i44.tinypic.com/2r6ppqq.jpg

Drago
22nd November 2010, 07:13 PM
Emma Watson always seems prepubescent to me. There was something weird and wrong about seeing her 'naked'.

Magmar
22nd November 2010, 07:46 PM
Emma Watson goes to school in the same city as me. She regularly shops in my mall. She's really pretty and friendly, and seems to try to be as ordinary as she can. Because the city is a huge college region, it's not like there aren't hundreds of blonde 20 year old girls any direction you turn or anything...

Ayeun
22nd November 2010, 09:27 PM
Emma Watson goes to school in the same city as me. She regularly shops in my mall. She's really pretty and friendly, and seems to try to be as ordinary as she can. Because the city is a huge college region, it's not like there aren't hundreds of blonde 20 year old girls any direction you turn or anything...

ZOMFG... See if she would be interested in a hook up with me!!!

shazza
22nd November 2010, 09:55 PM
FUCKING GIVE ME THE SCREENCAP AYUEN YOU LOVELY LADY

Drago
23rd November 2010, 12:24 AM
Google 'hermione boob'. Problem solved! (not a scene from the movie, but still boob)

shazza
23rd November 2010, 12:36 AM
I want the scene from the movie, bro.

Ayeun
23rd November 2010, 12:57 AM
Just go see the movie. Its worth it.

Zak
23rd November 2010, 02:04 AM
Just go see the movie. Its worth it.

He's already seen it if you notice a few posts up. :rolleyes:

Ayeun
23rd November 2010, 02:17 AM
Then you know when its going to happen. Get your phone out and take a shot. Thats what I did.

shazza
23rd November 2010, 02:53 AM
I'm not going back to the fucking movie to just take a photo.

Ayeun
23rd November 2010, 03:37 AM
Thats what I did. Its a shitty quality one at that too... Time to change it to more hawt lesbian prawns!

shazza
23rd November 2010, 03:51 AM
Okay, so put it up then.

Drago
23rd November 2010, 05:21 AM
OK, I'm over the Hermione boob talk.

Ayeun
23rd November 2010, 05:25 AM
OK, I'm over the Hermione boob talk.

We could start talking about how Ginny didn't wear a bra to the wedding...

Telume
23rd November 2010, 11:20 AM
Thats.... wat. I don't even... Holy fuck I'm at a loss for words.

DivineAll
23rd November 2010, 02:59 PM
Semi-naked Hermoine and Ginny? Okay... I know it's been a while since I last read through the book in it's entirety, but I seem to recall neither of the two female leads being stripperriffic in the novel.

classy_cat18
23rd November 2010, 03:34 PM
They're trying to make this movie the next big hit at the MTV Movie Awards. XD

Blademaster
23rd November 2010, 03:36 PM
ZOMFG... See if she would be interested in a hook up with me!!!

Picture first.

This is what we call the 'bartering system,' boys and girls. This early form of economic exchange entails the swapping of goods of equal or similar value between two persons or parties in the absence of an established and acknowledged form of currency in any given region. It has largely been rendered obsolete by paper and digital currency, but is still widely practiced across the world and has actually entered a new age on many image and message boards across the Worldwide Web due to its abundance and convenience when compared to buying and selling, especially when the object to be provided has no established value.

http://www.martingordon.org/blog/wp-content/uploads/2007/01/the_more_you_know.jpg

Ayeun
23rd November 2010, 06:23 PM
To be fair, the ginny bit was her asking harry to 'zip her up', which then led to a heavy make out session.

The hermione 'naked stripper bit' was in the book, when ron destroyed the Horcroux, he saw a vision of Harry and Hermione 'Happy together without him', and they expanded on the fact that Ron thought H + H were together behind his back.

homeofmew
23rd November 2010, 08:18 PM
I liked the movie, it was intense the entire movie.
Best movie so far.

Telume
30th November 2010, 05:49 PM
I just finished watching it (yay for thepiratebay) but BOY did it piss me off.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
7th December 2010, 08:51 AM
I watched this in a neighbour town yesterday. We don't even have a functioning cinema here! Some parts were a bit boring but overall it was OK. Much better than Prisoner of Azkaban, at least. And now that I browse the movies' plots from the web, I remember my favourite. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire!

classy_cat18
7th December 2010, 01:42 PM
My favorite was The Order of the Phoenix, despite that part near the end. Potter fans will know what part I mean. Anyway, I liked the movie. It did get dull while they were walking around, but the other parts made up for it.

Telume
7th December 2010, 02:41 PM
My favorite was The Order of the Phoenix, despite that part near the end. Potter fans will know what part I mean. Anyway, I liked the movie. It did get dull while they were walking around, but the other parts made up for it.

I liked OOTP but you're right it did get kind of boring around some parts. I also liked Goblet of Fire though. Though I do kind of have a continuity blank because I never finished reading Goblet of Fire.