MeLoVeGhOsTs
27th November 2010, 06:16 AM
Yes, snow again.

Never had it so early!

Does it snow anywhere else?

Discuss.

Heald
27th November 2010, 06:32 AM
It appears to be snowing everywhere in the UK except where I live.

Not that I'm complaining, because every year as soon as a single snowflake falls, the entire infrastructure of the country seems to completely shut down. So as long as I can actually get on the roads, I'm happy.

Ghost
27th November 2010, 07:44 AM
No snow here in the Midwest... Which is strange, because usually it snows in the first couple weeks of November.

Unfortunately, snow or not, it's still cold as shit here :(

Dark Scizor
27th November 2010, 09:15 AM
It's been absolutely paggering it down in Newcastle.

RedStarWarrior
27th November 2010, 12:22 PM
No snow here.

ChobiChibi
27th November 2010, 12:41 PM
No snow here, but my mum phoned me late last night to tell me that it had back home. And that my dog had created yellow snow.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
27th November 2010, 12:42 PM
It hasn't snowed for days here, but there's some on the ground and the temperature outside

-14°C

Not surprised? My backyard's going to make a TPM record!!

kainashi
27th November 2010, 03:23 PM
no snow here yet. :(

Lady Vulpix
27th November 2010, 03:24 PM
No snow here, but it would be really unbelievable if there were. We don't get any snow in the winter, let alone late spring.

Katie
27th November 2010, 03:31 PM
I had to turn on my heater for the first time yesterday morning :( I was enjoying that limbo time between AC/heat when you don't have to turn anything on and the house heats in sunlight and cools at night. Oh well. Hoping for snow this Christmas again! So long as we don't have to go slip-n-sliding all over the highway on the way to my birthday dinner again. :looney:

Telume
27th November 2010, 03:58 PM
Why would it snow in Miami?

The temperature's...

Oh right...

80°F

Who wants to go to the beach?

Lady Vulpix
27th November 2010, 04:02 PM
I would, but there are no beaches anywhere near here.

Hmm... according to Lilach Mor, it's snowing in Hungary.

Dryk
27th November 2010, 06:24 PM
It's snowed here twice in the last 15 years... Fingers crossed for a snow day eventually though. And today I had to actually take off my jacket because it was so warm.

Blademaster
27th November 2010, 07:11 PM
Nothing yet, but a friend told me last night that she was getting snow, and there was some sort of semi-frozen water falling briefly a few days ago... It's coming.

Joy of joys, I get to shovel the 2 foot-deep driveway again.

crown34
27th November 2010, 09:00 PM
No snow yet here in New York. Cold as hell though...

Little_Pikachu
28th November 2010, 09:28 AM
We've had a load of snow in North East England, but I'm planning on buying some new snow boots, so rest assured that as soon as I do it will never snow again!

DarkestLight
28th November 2010, 09:34 AM
No snow yet here in New York. Cold as hell though...

Wha part. Theres friggin snow in Staten.

None over here in Manhattan and it better stay that way ¬¬. None of that 2 foot buisness like last year. Though over in Montana/Idaho/Pacific Northwest, they've already had (at some places) 5-8 FEET of snowfall in a night.

Not going back over there til friggin' what..August? Yeap.

papabopp
28th November 2010, 09:38 AM
it sucks; i live in a region where it snows once every decade :(

Mikachu Yukitatsu
28th November 2010, 12:15 PM
It snowed some more today, and the temperature is now

-19°C

*drills a hole in the ice of the local river and throws Telume into it*

Blademaster
28th November 2010, 12:22 PM
Cold as hell

.......Hah? :freak:

abunaidesu
28th November 2010, 12:33 PM
Apparently the last time it snowed in San Francisco was in 1976. Oh well.

papabopp
28th November 2010, 01:02 PM
lmao ready for a swim Telume?

Magmar
28th November 2010, 07:25 PM
We saw snow pretty early here this year, about three weeks ago? But it hasn't snowed since, which is pretty normal.

I saw that North Dakota etc. was like -40 degrees for a while... in both celsius AND fahrenheit :P and windy. Normally that weather sort of meanders over here but we haven't gotten very cold. It snows about every other Thanksgiving but it is usually warmer in December due to some weird weather pattern. November is usually the second coldest month, and February the coldest.

MeLoVeGhOsTs
29th November 2010, 03:01 AM
Still snow here everywhere. Constructionworkers are home, so that means it's official, hoyo.

-4°, hey it's no Finland, but to us that's cold enough.

MToolen
29th November 2010, 07:10 AM
Had a light dusting for Thanksgiving, but it's gone now. I'm just glad it was only around when people weren't traveling: my folks went to Kansas City and my grandparents-in-law drove home to Iowa the next day. Still, Thanksgiving started rainy, turned to sleet, and was a good snow for a while. Then it just got warm on Black Friday. Hooray, St. Louis weather.

Little_Pikachu
29th November 2010, 11:36 AM
We had a snow thunderstorm last night! I've never seen such a thing before!

There's about 15 inches of snow on my patio table now, I'm amazed that it hasn't collapsed.

Bear
29th November 2010, 12:54 PM
Apparently it snowed here in Jersey over the holiday, but it was more north toward Newark than down where I am. It was pretty average fall weather by me, 40s and cool. My favorite time of year :). Also I agree with Katie - I love that between time between AC and heat where I don't need anything on. My electric bill loves it too :D

Magmar
29th November 2010, 03:55 PM
yes nothing is worse than when you can't pay the national grid bill, and the gridz popo credit agency starts blowing up your phone. i'm sure heating my 1st apt is the reason my credit is shiznit

Blademaster
29th November 2010, 07:54 PM
Oh shit Bear I never knew you were from Jersey, too. Always nice to meet a fellow inmate. :yes:

Also, it's nearly December and hasn't snowed yet up here. Luck for me? Or is this the calm before the storm...?

Bear
29th November 2010, 08:52 PM
Not really FROM New Jersey, I just happen to live here now. Originally from Scotland :x

crown34
29th November 2010, 09:08 PM
I really do not want it to snow, waiting in the freezing cold for the bus to come is not on my list of things to do.

kazr
30th November 2010, 12:57 AM
It snowed here last week and we had record lows for the last 25 years, which sucked because the heat wasn't working in my car. But sliding around on the ice is cool, I guess.

Zak
30th November 2010, 02:14 AM
No snow here yet, surprisingly. Freezing though.

And I'm probably making another month long Israel trip in a couple weeks, not expecting any snow there... but perhaps I'll catch some before I go.

Heald
1st December 2010, 03:18 AM
Oh no snow so OH MY GOD IT'S SNOW ENTIRE COUNTRY GOES IN CHAOS WTF

Yeah I got about 5 metres in my car today before it got stuck. Fuck. Not going to work today.

ChobiChibi
1st December 2010, 05:29 AM
I'm watching the snow from my bed because it is warm in my bed and I am ill.

I have to go hand in an assignment later. This is not cool. But I have the best hat in the world for keeping my ears warm and the best wellies ever... I'm probably gonna enjoy it XD

papabopp
4th December 2010, 09:41 AM
i dont look good in hats :(

Mikachu Yukitatsu
5th December 2010, 11:17 AM
I had a nightmare that all the snow was away. Fortunately, it was only a dream. We had some warming this week though.

-4°C

Lady Vulpix
5th December 2010, 11:24 AM
25°C/77°F here now. Nice weather, but if any snow were to fall it would be a miracle.

Jeff
5th December 2010, 11:32 AM
Freezing my butt off, but still no snow.

I guess that's a good thing though, given the pounding we got last winter.

Magmar
5th December 2010, 04:55 PM
It's been cold enough to snow for a while now, but very dry. When we get precipitation, it usually warms up from 30 degrees up to 60-65 and falls as a windy, breezy rain. I saw the lake effect snows have kicked in, which means that a change in weather pattern could bring me some ocean effect snow! No snow in the forecast though.

(Lake effect/ocean effect snow occurs because the warm, semi-dry air from over the ocean/Great Lake blows over the cold land as a result of a natural cycle of low/high pressure... which condenses and falls as precipitation. Zak and I happen to live in an area where jet streams/westerlies converge (the "subtropical" boundary) which means there is almost always a westerly, on-land breeze. It keeps up much warmer than areas of similar latitude, such as Nebraska. A northeast wind is required for ocean effect snow, which also requires low pressure to be to the south of us, which means the air is very moist and usually drops a ton of snow anyway. This is called a Nor'Easter because of the northeast wind, and now you know what the news is talking about :) )

Blademaster
5th December 2010, 06:28 PM
25°C/77°F here now. Nice weather, but if any snow were to fall it would be a miracle.

I'm 99% sure that miracles are not entirely synonymous with bizarre climatic anomalies that may or may not herald an impending Ice Age-induced Apocalypse.

kurai
5th December 2010, 06:46 PM
well!

there was almost no snow on the ground yesterday, only a few frost-spots with the remnants of earlier sprinkles. but the first real snowfall of the season began late this morning! by 3pm, there was perhaps 10 cm of accumulation. it has been snowing since then, with perhaps another 5-10 cm arriving. overnight, they are forecasting another 15-25 cm, and then another 10 cm during the day tomorrow! up to 60 cm in total plus whatever the wind blows onto a given locality. what the heck!

and! "A significant issue in all areas will be zero visibilities in whiteout conditions from blowing snow thanks to the northwesterly winds gusting to 60 km/h." i've got to drive about 40 km on a northbound route travelling home from an exam tomorrow night and will probably die after unknowingly veering into oncoming traffic. cya.

kurai
5th December 2010, 07:16 PM
i've decided that this post is improved by ill-lit unfocused photography.

http://imgur.com/RWNJZ.jpg
none of this was here yesterday!

http://imgur.com/trehL.jpg
look at this pace of snowfall! it is too much for this camera to bear!

http://imgur.com/2pfmZ.jpg
look at this accumulation

http://imgur.com/m3TYa.jpg
LOOK AT THAT CHAIR

Blademaster
6th December 2010, 03:31 AM
HOLY FUCK THE POOR CHAIR

RedStarWarrior
6th December 2010, 04:49 PM
HOLY FUCK THE POOR CHAIR
The real kicker...there is a small child in the chair.

Magmar
6th December 2010, 08:27 PM
http://chrisbishop.me/media/images/graphics_imgs/beware_snowman.jpg

Om nom nom!

Anyways, it's been cold as hell. Like 20 degrees and windy and dry, the kind of cold that just feels like winter. I really wish it'd start to snow. It doesn't feel like the end of the semester without snow.

Blademaster
6th December 2010, 10:53 PM
http://chrisbishop.me/media/images/graphics_imgs/beware_snowman.jpg

There's that "cold as Hell" again...

Am I the only one who ever saw Jack Frost? The horror movie? That's what this pic reminds me of...

Good times.

Telume
6th December 2010, 10:57 PM

Am I the only one who ever saw Jack Frost? The horror movie? That's what this pic reminds me of...

Good times.

There was a horror movie? Hoooo boy, I want. I wanna freak the shit outta everyone at the next christmas party.

Blademaster
6th December 2010, 11:23 PM
It was essentially a B-movie that somehow got a theatrical release. Look that shit up, son. It's hilarious.

Katie
7th December 2010, 06:26 PM

Good times.

I remember going to Blockbuster as a kid to rent Jack Frost the family movie and someone had switched the tapes/discs (I honestly can't remember how long ago this was) with the horror one. Half of me thought it was hilarious and the other half of me was freaked right the fuck out. Carrot rape!

After looking it up on IMDB, the two movies came out a year apart. And had the same premise, someone dies and comes back to life as a snowman, except one is a father and one is a serial killer. Fucked up plagiarism right there!

Asilynne
7th December 2010, 08:35 PM
Its really cold but no snow yet. I dont want as much as last year but I would like a little bit at least! If its going to be this cold it better do something!

Magmar
9th December 2010, 02:26 PM
Cold, cold, cold!
13*f; -9*C

And still no snow...
I really hope we get a white Christmas this year.

abunaidesu
10th December 2010, 12:59 AM
i've decided that this post is improved by ill-lit unfocused photography.

http://imgur.com/RWNJZ.jpg
none of this was here yesterday!

http://imgur.com/trehL.jpg
look at this pace of snowfall! it is too much for this camera to bear!

http://imgur.com/2pfmZ.jpg
look at this accumulation

http://imgur.com/m3TYa.jpg
LOOK AT THAT CHAIR

i think all tpm members should contribute to buying kurai a new digital camera for christmas

RedStarWarrior
10th December 2010, 06:18 AM
There was a light dusting the other day here, but it was gone by morning!

Asilynne
10th December 2010, 04:29 PM
Some minor flurries today but the weatherman says we're looking at snow Sun night!! I hope since Im off work MOnday anyway XD

DarkestLight
10th December 2010, 04:38 PM
It was essentially a B-movie that somehow got a theatrical release. Look that shit up, son. It's hilarious.

That's my movie. Jack Frost was awesome.

Blademaster
10th December 2010, 09:41 PM
The sequel wasn't quite as good in my opinion, but the horribly obvious production values made up for it.

EVIL SNOWBALL BABIES... WITH SEAMS!!!!! :eek:

Mikachu Yukitatsu
11th December 2010, 01:29 PM
For now, I have had like 3 nightmares that the snow had melted away. None of them came true and the temperature's back in -18°C.

I walked to the local library today, and love this weather. I want to sing the song I wrote in 2000.

Articuno, Lumen Luoja,
Articuno, the Creator of Snow,
Talven Tuuli, Jumala Jään
Winter's Wind, The God Of Ice
Revontulet pyrstössäsi tuo ja sano:
Northern Lights in your tail bring and say:
"Luoksenne vielä hetkeksi jään!"
"I shall stay among you for a little while!"

*shuts up*

Magmar
11th December 2010, 07:02 PM
Last night we had those light, pleasant flurries that just make an evening kind of romantic rather than inconvenient. Not too shabby. Bring on the covered ground!

Rain tomorrow.

Telume
11th December 2010, 08:19 PM
It's just been incredibly cold here at night. We rarely had to use the heater in the past but, now we do. It's been in the 30s consistently for the second time since last year.

Blademaster
12th December 2010, 03:50 PM
Still no real snow, but holy shit it was GREYER than GREY today. Like the sky was one giant storm cloud. It was like Rapture or something.

Magmar
13th December 2010, 11:17 AM
Blademaster, where are you from? That's exactly the weather we've had here. It was really warm (10-12*C, 50-57*F) but very dark and windy. It looked like the trees were all blowing down as the wind gusted well over 50 mph.

We got about 5 inches of rain, which strangely made all the grass turn green. I'll just point out that we've been averaging 10 degrees warmer than where my parents live in central Florida, despite being in the northeast.

The rains triggered round 3 of flooding for my area, bringing the Pawtuxet river over flood stage for the third time this year and yes canceling local schools (http://newsblog.projo.com/2010/12/heavy-rain-moves-out-but-flood.html)! What happens with these storms, is the rain causes most of the snow to melt further north, which swells our rivers that flow into the bay (I live in the city at the mouth of the Narragansett bay). We only just recovered from the worst flood in our state history.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
13th December 2010, 11:23 AM
I think Blademaster lives in New Jersey.

Helsinki is now the snowiest city in Finland. Those South Finland bastards get all the attention.

Magmar
13th December 2010, 11:44 AM
Is your South anything like my South?

http://www.thisplacesucks.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/mullet.jpg

http://media.photobucket.com/image/fat%20walmart/chukedmonkey/FatGothKid.jpg

Mikachu Yukitatsu
13th December 2010, 11:49 AM
Vast majority of Finnish population lives in the south. I live in the middle.

Jeff
13th December 2010, 01:19 PM
We finally got some decent snow this morning! It was only a light dusting, and it's melted now, but it still counts!

Blademaster
14th December 2010, 12:53 AM
Not surprising, Mag, since we live on almost the same latitude: I'm in northern NJ, in the West Milford area. Where our sorry excuses for 1,000 foot 'mountains' are.

And trees. Lots and lots of fucking TREES.

Asilynne
14th December 2010, 04:15 PM
Its cold and so windy my little fluffball of a dog might blow away! Still no snow though >.<

CuteLassJigglypuff
14th December 2010, 05:27 PM
I got some snow yesterday morning but it is only a dusting.

crown34
14th December 2010, 08:20 PM
Snowed last night and this morning, most of it melted away though.

Blademaster
15th December 2010, 03:15 AM
Actual snow at last. Not too much, but enough to get bitched at that it needs shoveling. Ho hum.

Katie
15th December 2010, 11:37 AM
High of 80 today.

Sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :(

Magmar
15th December 2010, 11:53 AM
It's been flurrying on and off since yesterday morning, which makes me happy :) Nothing's built up, but it's been that awkward sunny, windy, cold and snowing at the same time that seems to happen an awful lot over here. It's because of that ocean effect snow I'm pretty sure. Doesn't seem to require much in the way of clouds because it just condenses and falls before it builds up.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
15th December 2010, 12:18 PM
This winter rules here in Finland. The landscape's so wonderful.

...my new Location, anyone?

Blademaster
15th December 2010, 01:48 PM
Stop being an attention whore and go shovel the snow so you get some muscles, stick-boy. >:/

crown34
15th December 2010, 06:10 PM
Stop being an attention whore and go shovel the snow so you get some muscles, stick-boy. >:/

Wouldn't it be ironic if he does get bigger as a result?

Blademaster
16th December 2010, 06:54 AM
...I don't think you quite understand the definition of 'ironic,' crown.

Asilynne
16th December 2010, 04:45 PM
Finally snow!!! At work we all had a snowball fight before we left, it was Ben's first snowball fight XD Now he knows what cold is!

Blademaster
17th December 2010, 01:37 PM
Did he get a treat afterwards?

Asilynne
17th December 2010, 04:02 PM
Depends on what kind of treat you mean ;D

Mikachu Yukitatsu
18th December 2010, 07:14 AM

I just want someone to notice which videogame the reference comes from. I bet my life you know it, Blade, but anyone else?

Master Rudy
18th December 2010, 10:07 PM
Depends on what kind of treat you mean ;D

Now that's just BAD! XD
I was wondering when the poor guy would get his first taste of snow.....he hating it yet? :lol:

Magmar
20th December 2010, 08:59 AM
It's flurrying right now a bit, I'm sipping coffee and watching the snow fall while rocking out to the Naked and Famous, who are apparently #1 in New Zealand right now. Kinda sounds like MGMT but it's still some of the best new stuff I've heard this year.

WdO85Qf4Poc

MeLoVeGhOsTs
20th December 2010, 12:31 PM
Loads of snow. Yes, it never stops.

Magmar
25th December 2010, 11:48 AM
The funny thing about snowstorms in my area is that even though I'm from such a small region, our weather is really localized. We're about to get owned :D

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs1376.snc4/164810_578173818399_52800925_33083383_265850_n.jpg

Edit: 20 inches of snow forecast for tomorrow. YES!