PDA

View Full Version : POLL: Gimmicks

Drago
6th December 2010, 08:57 PM
Here at TPM we've had a few gimmicks come and go, usually revolving around an incarnation of Bjarni. What's your stance on gimmicks?

1. What was your favourite gimmick?
2. Did you ever have one?
3. Did you ever have an e-relationship?
4. The cake is a _______.

1. My favourite was Knuckles, who always referred to himself in the third person. He registered around the same time as I did, and then disappeared for ages. Later, someone claiming to be his brother made a thread saying he had died, and the legend of Knuckles was no more. DragoKnight was unhappy.

2. In all of the spam party threads, I had a tendency to actually be a Dragonite for no reason. Sad in retrospect. *uses Surf*

3. Yes. With slim_shady_gurl, who lived in Kent. We never did anything relationshippy, other than declare our love in our sigs, as well as do an RPG together. Again, really sad stuff. *uses Surf*

4. *Surf*

firepokemon
6th December 2010, 09:17 PM
1. Misty1 aka Kasumi aka guy posing as girl and half of tpm would have e-sexed the bastad male sick thing.

1. The animal fucker whose name I've forgotten but who passionately talked about how sexy female dogs could be.

2. Gimmick account? No. I've only had to use multiple accounts because fuckers kept banning me.

3. Yes and we had an e-wedding and then everyone else fucking copied us. Bastards.

4. The Cake is a whore.

shazza
6th December 2010, 09:48 PM
Pokemaster Alex I think his name was? He was into sex with animals and shit. I didn't think it as a gimmick at the time, and it probably isn't, but in hindsight I like to think it was.

Yes. From what I can recall I had Jeevan who was some innocent, Indian boy. Then I had Islaki Ragashaloom who was also Indian, however a man. So, I guess they were mor or less the same gimmick.

Then, especially on the spin off to the Azure Heights forum (I forget its name), I had titman. Titman would do childish raps about being a man but having big tits. "yoyoyo im the titman i put my tits in a fan and part of the ku klux klan." I also sometimes used him on IRC, but that was slightly different.

Then when I was banned, I posted as 'Vejodi' for awhile -- I'm not sure if it was much of a gimmick.

'shazza' itself, especially during 2003-05, was pretty much a gimmick, too. dr_steelix influence and whatnot. Extremely racist. Wrote about black women producing chocolate milk as opposed to regular.

Yes. Both in 2001 and at the same time! One with silverMaurai which is some Malaysian bitch, and then with Chikoslavia's Revenge.

Ocassional treat that should not be consumed excessively if one wishes to remain healthy.

Blademaster
6th December 2010, 11:13 PM
I was only around to see Bjarni, so I guess him. It was kinda funny when he came back recently and asked we remove all info about him because he was afraid terrorists would find him with it, though.

No... The closest thing I've got is my personality disorder. It's not really voluntary.

I did... When we tried to transition it into reality, reality hit us both in the face. That's all I really want to say on the matter.

Forced meme. Fuck off.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
7th December 2010, 05:14 AM
Mr. Bikini Fan. That guy sorta forced me into his club. And a girl (or a guy?) named FinnChaser or something, who asked if she could "chase after me".

Not at TPM. But I did register twice to my former school forum in order to explain a friend how to do it. My name was Uusi Käyttäjä, i.e. New User. So it read, translated to English: "The newest registered user is New User". Also at least two other forums because I lost my password and E-Mail address.

This was a historical case for me. If my E-mail exchange with a Brittish girl hadn't ended, I perhaps wouldn't be here at TPM. My poor English, long messages, strange ideology for the time being plus finally my odd comments to the 11th of Sept 2001 made her not to reply me anymore. I had to find something else to do, so I joined my first and best forum.

The cake is KAKKU in Finnish! Watch out for Finland's 100th Independence Day in 2017!

Katie
7th December 2010, 06:20 PM
1. Bjarni is the only one I can remember clearly. He brought life to Fanart :) I like the concept of Kasumi's gimmick, but I don't remember Kasumi the "girl" very well at all. I had completely forgotten about Jeevan, hah!

2. No I am boring.

3. A handful. They were no different than a regular e-friendship though so I have no idea why I bothered with it more than once?

4. My boyfriend explained this one to me the other day! I feel included. I still don't care about memes nor video games.

Jeff
7th December 2010, 07:16 PM
1. teh bestest (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?t=11488). Not only was the post a classic, but so were the responses.

2. no

3. I remember when I first joined, I tried to be all cool and anti-e-relationship, now I'm indifferent towards them. I still have never had one, nor do I plan on ever having one unless I intend to take it IRL.

4. type of pastry topped with icing and typically decorated, traditionally served at birthday parties.

Little_Pikachu
8th December 2010, 04:02 PM
Was Bjarni really just a gimmick? I recently found his YouTube account where he drinks coke and reviews movies. Either he's the continuing troll of the Internet's life time, or he really is an Icelandic autistic boy...

1. As good as Bjarni was, I'm going to give it to Jeevan simply for the line "This club is for Indians only! You are not Indian you cannot join!!!". I will probably think of another amazing one somewhere down the line.
Oh man, or teh hobo! Nearly forgot about that one...

2. I don't think I ever did.

3. I had an entire family!

4. Tree.

Heald
8th December 2010, 04:39 PM
Bjarni was a troll, he wasn't really an autistic boy who drew Donald Duck rape comics.

Link
8th December 2010, 05:01 PM
1. I think there was a guy named hitmonlee, who always would go on and on and on about science-related topics in debates. He would post insanely long posts and would do things that you would just sit back and enjoy picking apart the posts he made.

2. Nope.

3. Never, almost had one with a girl who didn't come here, but that was when i was in high school.

4. walking, talking brain. lulz.

Asilynne
14th December 2010, 04:13 PM

I never really paid attention enough to be able to tell if something was a gimmick or not ^-^()

No, I dont see the point.

I dont believe in 'e-relationships', I dont really flirt around so I cant see myself casually 'dating' online. If you meet your boyfriend online thats a different story, as long as you end up meeting and spending lots of time together irl before you consider yourselves 'dating' ;D

TRUTH!! And I want some right now! *settles for nomming some pumpkin pie*

Magmar
19th December 2010, 08:16 PM
1. Kasumi, definitely. (S)he/it was really active on the forums.

2. I never used a gimmick. I do remember how dramatic people would get back in the day, though, over gimmick AIM addresses. I invited my gimmicks into chat rooms but they would always be random accounts I'd make on the fly with a screen name that was ironic to the situation (usually in an RPG chat). This was waaaay back in the day, though. But that was usually funny, never pissed people off. I remember when people would make fake screen names and say mean things in chat rooms... then the "victim" would click direct connect, figure out the IP of the asshole IMing them, then figure out which of their friends had that same IP. Then we'd all "warn" them!!! And that was a big freakin' deal, cuz everyone was chatting after school and if you couldn't get on AIM you couldn't be in the chat room where all the "cool" kids were chatting. This paragraph was a result of my roommates and I discussing the question. And how important it seemed to have a cool Twitter-sized AIM profile, or even a sig here. Ohhh middle school...

Apparently today's version of gimmick AIM accounts is gimmick Facebooks. Some younger kids apparently make gimmick Facebooks and use lots of pictures of someone who seems really cool. Then, they add a ton of people in their school, and use the fake profile to pretend to be friends with them. This makes the person seem "cool" because they hang out with this perfect person who just happens to go to another school. Of course kids are smart and they figure it out.

3. I don't think I ever had an online girlfriend. I'm not positive if I ever online-dated this one girl who posted here a while ago. (We're still friends on Facebook!) But that would have been when I was 13 or so, and I don't remember much about back then.

4. The cake is a necessity.

shazza
20th December 2010, 12:29 AM
1. As good as Bjarni was, I'm going to give it to Jeevan simply for the line "This club is for Indians only! You are not Indian you cannot join!!!". I will probably think of another amazing one somewhere down the line.
Oh man, or teh hobo! Nearly forgot about that one...

Haha, I forgot all about that!

Man, I used to have it back then. :(

Master Rudy
20th December 2010, 03:46 AM
Bjarni was a troll, he wasn't really an autistic boy who drew Donald Duck rape comics.

You have a real knack for stating the obvious don't you Heald? That's almost like logging into TPM, pointing at Andy and saying "Oh look.....a gay dude!"

kazr
20th December 2010, 03:55 AM
Good news! Bjarni's epic comic lives on (http://realonebjarni.tripod.com/donaldduckandco/stories/01-against_dick/).

"after killing 28 kids, lets pissing!"

kazr
20th December 2010, 03:58 AM
Also Life of D. Duck, a game drawn by bjarni and animated by his friend

2f_qFs1NAgA

Zak
20th December 2010, 05:18 AM

Okay and? So were all the other gimmicks mentioned?

But anyway, apparently the guy pulling Bjarni's strings actually is autistic in real life, which doesn't surprise me if you look at his posts in VG Chat. But that actually makes him a bit more funny.

Andrew
20th December 2010, 05:27 AM
1. What was your favourite gimmick? WPM. Wait, no, I never liked that fucker. Bjarni was amusing. Knuckles annoyed me.
2. Did you ever have one? I made a parachute account I've nver used, like Santa or something.
3. Did you ever have an e-relationship? No, because that would be hilariously lame. BP, Mew Ryuu and BLADEMASTER
4. The cake is a _______. SHUT UP AND GTFO

Mikachu Yukitatsu
20th December 2010, 08:55 AM
Asberger is an autism spectrum disorder.

I have Asberger and do I spam?

In fact, I learned yesterday that Satoshi Tajiri has Asberger, too! The creator of Pokemon has Asperger, too! The creator of one of my and also many of our favourite games/animes has Asberger, too!

Heald
21st December 2010, 04:33 AM
You have a real knack for stating the obvious don't you Heald? That's almost like logging into TPM, pointing at Andy and saying "Oh look.....a gay dude!"

Okay and? So were all the other gimmicks mentioned?

But anyway, apparently the guy pulling Bjarni's strings actually is autistic in real life, which doesn't surprise me if you look at his posts in VG Chat. But that actually makes him a bit more funny.
I was replying to LP's post above the one you two geniuses are replying to. If you already knew then whoopdee do for you.