PDA

View Full Version : Dryk vs Greyfox (ref: DF44) 1v1

Dryk
8th December 2010, 11:25 PM
Anybody wanting a quick 1v1.

Abilities are on, and you can choose any arena, banned moves, or crazy rules you want.

I'll send out Sharkie my Carvanha, ability Rough Skin
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/0/04/Spr_4d_318.png

Greyfox
8th December 2010, 11:44 PM
I'm up for a battle. I'll use my male yanma, Oregon with @Speed Boost. The arena will be something I've wanted to test out for awhile now:

Pillars of Heaven and Hell
The battlefield is a worn plain filled with stagnant air and an overall grimness. On either side of the plain stands two pillars -- one designed to absorb health, and one designed to drain it. The pillars themselves can be damaged; in fact, it's recommended that you do. The idea is to keep your pillars protected while destroying the opponents'. In doing so, you'll drain your opponent's health faster while regenerating your own.

Two pillars will drain 3% health (1% per action) while the other two will refresh it by the same amount. There is one healing and one draining pillar per side.

Dogfish44
9th December 2010, 01:21 PM
Hmmmm, could I ref this one?

And would there be an objection to me assumming Sharkie can float in the air? Otherwise, it creates a SLIGHT disadvantage.

Greyfox
9th December 2010, 02:04 PM
For this fight, I can allow it. I'd put this match in a body of water, but I don't have any swimmers on my team sans a couple -- but they're fully evolved.

But now that we have a ref, let's get things going! Oregon, start things off with a Flash! Then use Ancientpower on his Heaven Pillar. Finally, hit him with a Bug Buzz!

Dryk
9th December 2010, 04:06 PM
OK, Sharkie, let's do this...

Ice Beam Oregon, then use Secret Power on his Heaven Pillar. Finish with a water pulse.

Dogfish44
10th December 2010, 02:45 PM
For my confirmation - does the draining pillar on your side drain you or your opponent?

Greyfox
10th December 2010, 04:07 PM
Hell Pillars drain your opponent's health on your side. Both pillars you're aiming to destroy on on your opponent's side.

Dogfish44
10th December 2010, 06:14 PM
DryK VS Greyfox!

Round 1!

1 v 1!

Arena:
The battlefield is a worn plain filled with stagnant air and an overall grimness. On either side of the plain stands two pillars -- one designed to absorb health, and one designed to drain it. The pillars themselves can be damaged; in fact, it's recommended that you do. The idea is to keep your pillars protected while destroying the opponents'. In doing so, you'll drain your opponent's health faster while regenerating your own.

Greyfox O
Oregon (M)
http://www.iaza.com/work/101211C/iaza18179459303700.png
Speed Boost
No Stat Changes
100 HP / 100 EN
Heaven Pillar: 40
Hell Pillar: 40
Flash ~ Ancientpower (Heaven Pillar) ~ Bug Buzz

VS

DryK O
Sharkie (F)
http://pldh.net/media/pokemon/gen3/rusa/318.png
Rough Skin
No Stat Changes
100 HP / 100 EN
Ice Beam ~ Secret Power (Heaven Pillar) ~ Water Pulse

~~~

And I welcome you all to the beautiful plains of Heaven and Hell! This scenic location gives all you tourists brilliant pictures of ruins, more ruins, and really dusty ruins! Now, if you heard in the news, scientists want to test some really odd energy these pillars vibrate, and just a few miles away a battle commences! Now, we'll switch to projector mode to give you live footage. Unfortunately, budget cuts mean that I'll be powering the projector via bicycle, so I'll let Fishdog44 at the match commentate for you!

'Thanks dude! It seems as if test battlers DryK and Greyfox have released there respective 'mon, a Carvanha named Sharkie and a Yanma named Oregon. I believe it's show time!'

'And we're kicking off with our shades as Oregon is rude enough to flash all over the arena! The gods will surely smite us for such insolence, but despite the atrocious behavior, Sharkie managed to hit Oregon with an ice beam, which nearly grounds Oregon. Suddennly, the energy of the fighters gets mixed around a bit, but all total values remains constant.'

Oregon
-17 HP / - 3 EN
- 0 Heaven Pillar HP / - 0 Hell Pillar HP

Sharkie (-1 Accuracy)
-0 HP / - 9 EN

'And Oregon quickly becomes decent again, and launches an Ancientpower.... right at an ancient monument. How fitting, as the pillar... does nothing. And it seems Sharkie is also AIMING at a pillar - but his Secret Power comes out to early and makes a not so secret hole in the ground.'

Oregon
-0 HP / - 5 EN

Sharkie
-0 HP / - 7 EN
- 6 Heaven Pillar HP / - 0 Hell Pillar HP

'And to finish off the round, Oregon gets on everyones nerves with a screeching Bug Buzz. The noise irriatates the Dark-Type Sharkie to no end, who retaliates with a correctly aimed water pulse at Oregon. It splashes as a ring, and leaves Oregon slightly annoyed by the looks of things'

Oregon
-7 HP / - 8 EN

Sharkie
-14 HP / - 5 EN

'Oh, it seems as if Oregon has gotten a little faster!'

Greyfox O
Oregon (M)
Speed Boost
+1 Speed
76 HP / 84 EN

VS

DryK O
Sharkie (F)
Rough Skin
-1 Accuracy
86 HP / 79 EN
Heaven Pillar: 35

Notes:

Pillars have a damage cap of 30.
Pokemon have a damage cap of 40.
Toxic is reffed from 2 hp damage, then increasing via the fibbonachi sequence (2, 3, 5, 8, 13, 21, 34, 55, 89, Deceased). If somebody survives till 89 HP damage, they get a medal.
Healing and Harming from the pillars occurs at the same time for convevience. Whilst all 4 are up, no more references will be made to the hp shifting.
Quite proud of this style - Relatively easy one I set up a few other things.

That OK for you guys? Any changes (I've had a nightmare getting pictures aligned etc, sorry about the size of post)

Dryk
10th December 2010, 11:25 PM
Looks good, except my name Sharkie's name is kind of a misnomer: he hasn't evolved into a Sharpedo yet, he's still a Carvanha.

If that doesn't affect anything, I'll throw a Water Pulse at his Hell Pillar, Ice Fang on Oregon, then hit him again with another Water Pulse to try to confuse him.

DarkestLight
11th December 2010, 10:00 AM
I do like DF :O. Especially the Fib Tox seq-I'm planning on doing that for mine (but using a different set of numbers o.o) when I get finally implement my new Reffing style once I kill off a few more matches. But I really like it.

Greyfox
11th December 2010, 12:17 PM
While he's focusing on the Hell Pillar, Ore, put him to sleep with Hypnosis! If you're successful, use Signal Beam twice on him. Otherwise, Toxic, then Giga Drain!

Dogfish44
12th December 2010, 05:26 AM
DryK VS Greyfox!

Round 2!

1 v 1!

Arena:

Greyfox O
Oregon (M)
Speed Boost
+1 Speed
76 HP / 84 EN
Hypnosis ~ Signal Beam *2

VS

DryK O
Sharkie (F)
Rough Skin
-1 Accuracy
86 HP / 79 EN
Water Pulse (Hell Pillar) ~ Ice Fang ~ Water Pulse

~~~

'And to start the round, Oregon starts to manipulate his eyes to Sharkie's wavelength. Hnag on, Flashing in public, trying to hypnotise people... is Oregon some sort of slut? Anyway, Sharkie doesn't fall for it, and managed to fire off a well aimed water pulse at Oregon's Hell Pillar. It hits, and not only damages, but cleans the pillar. Now we can see all the ancient symbols engraved on it... like a 'Copyright Ramses II' badge? But, regardless of her work, Sharkie has fallen asleep. Oregon looks pleased by this, and puts on an Awesomeface he had prepared earlier.

Bad news folks, Oregon isn't a slut, he's a troll!'

Oregon (Awesomeface Mask on)
- 0 HP / - 4 EN
- 0 Heaven Pillar HP / - 7 Hell Pillar HP

Sharkie (Sleeping)
- 0 HP / - 5 EN

'Now folks, Oregon fires up the 4chan engine, and from it's tail launches off a Signal Beam, right to the forehead of Sharkie. He snickers behind the mask, as Sharkie is still asleep. I hope she isn't dreaming about cats, for her sake...'

Oregon
- 0 HP / - 6 EN

Sharkie
- 13 HP / - 0 EN

'And we repeat ad nauseum. And now, an announcement from Health and safety - If you repeat something ad nauseum, and you then promptly vomit, please clean it away. Vomit will not be considered in next weeks Modern Art contest. Dung is a far better alternative. Thank you for listening'

Oregon
- 0 HP / - 7 EN

Sharkie
- 14 HP / - 0 EN

'Oh, it seems as if Oregon has gotten a little faster!'

Greyfox O
Oregon (M)
http://www.iaza.com/work/101212C/iaza18179444224200.gif
Speed Boost
+2 Speed
76 HP / 67 EN
Hell Pillar: 33

VS

DryK O
Sharkie (F)
Rough Skin
-1 Accuracy
Asleep
59 HP / 74 EN

Notes:

Pokemon have a damage cap of 40.
Toxic is reffed from 2 hp damage, then increasing via the fibbonachi sequence (2, 3, 5, 8, 13, 21, 34, 55, 89, Deceased). If somebody survives till 89 HP damage, they get a medal.
Healing and Harming from the pillars occurs at the same time for convevience. Whilst all 4 are up, no more references will be made to the hp shifting.

Greyfox
13th December 2010, 12:38 AM
Giga Drain, Silver Wind, Bug Buzz!

Dryk
13th December 2010, 04:29 PM
Ok, Sleep Talk until you wake up, then if you can, Ice Beam, then Water Pulse

Dogfish44
15th December 2010, 05:15 PM
DryK VS Greyfox!

Round 3!

1 v 1!

Arena:

Greyfox O
Oregon (M)
Speed Boost
+2 Speed
76 HP / 67 EN
Hell Pillar: 33
Giga Drain ~ Silver Wind ~ Bug Buzz

VS

DryK O
Sharkie (F)
Rough Skin
-1 Accuracy
59 HP / 74 EN
Sleep Talk * 3 (And Subs)

~~~

'With Sharkie sleeping, Oregon goes into overdrive, and drains the living energy from Sharkie. OM NOM NOM, as Sharkie mutters in her sleep, and from her back fin releases a Dark Pulse. The energy sweeps over... To Oregons Hell Pillar for what looks like a very good hit on the structure! And here comes the evil on evil shipping crew.... GO AWAY!'

Oregon
+ 7 HP / - 9 EN
- 0 Heaven Pillar HP / - 9 Hell Pillar HP

Sharkie
- 15 HP / - 10 EN

'Oregon is now going in for a stat boost with a silver wind. It strikes Sharkie hard, in fact, we might need to call in a medic, as she seems to be vomiting everywhere. In fact, some of it lands on Oregon, who seems disgusted.

Apparently, that Toxic tasted so bad it jolted Sharkie up!'

Oregon (TOXIC)
- 0 HP / - 7 EN

Sharkie
- 14 HP / - 10 EN

'Oregon doesn't take a break, and coughing and hacking, releases an ear-shatterring screech. Our ears bleed, but Sharkie stands up and, like a true woman, slaps Oregon across the face with an frozen blast. Hallelujah!'

Oregon
- 17 HP / - 8 EN

Sharkie
- 14* HP / - 9 EN

'Oh, it seems as if Oregon has gotten a little faster! And more nausious! (-2). Still keeping that
mask now though... must STINK!'

Greyfox O
Oregon (M)
Speed Boost
+3 Speed
64 HP / 43 EN
Hell Pillar: 24

VS

DryK O
Sharkie (F)
Rough Skin
-1 Accuracy
19 HP / 45 EN

Notes:

Pokemon have a damage cap of 40, used this round. Damage shown as normal.

Dryk
16th December 2010, 06:36 PM
Okay Sharkie, looks like we're down to our last, lets see if 3 Blizzards will help.

Greyfox
17th December 2010, 12:26 PM
Silver Wind until he's down, Oregon.

Dogfish44
17th December 2010, 01:25 PM
DryK VS Greyfox!

Round 4!

1 v 1!

Arena:

Greyfox O
Oregon (M)
Speed Boost
+3 Speed
64 HP / 43 EN
Hell Pillar: 24
Silver Wind *3

VS

DryK O
Sharkie (F)
Rough Skin
-1 Accuracy
19 HP / 45 EN
Blizzard *3

~~~

'It seems this could be the end for Sharkie, and it doesn't help that Oregon is going incredibly fast now. Fast enough to release another silver wind, which batters Sharkie. Still no stat boost, but a blizzard hits to cool down Oregon. And the randumbiser says... No freeze. Better luck next time...

Oregon
- 23 HP / - 7 EN
- 0 Heaven Pillar HP / - 9 Hell Pillar HP

Sharkie
- 14 HP / - 11 EN

'And another silver wind by Oregon wraps this one up before Sharkie can blast of another blizzard. Oregon takes off the AwesomeFace and does a victory lap - complete with green vomit trailing - Some body get him to a Pokécentre! And that's all folks - Now hurry up and go away before Looney Tunes lawyers try to sue me!'

Oregon (VICTOR)
- 0 HP / - 7 EN

Sharkie (KNOCKED OUT!)
- 5 HP / - 0 EN

Grey is the victor! He recieves 2 points, whilst DryK scoops up 1
I take 2 points, and I have finally completed a reffing! WOOP! :partyhat:
Grey, sorry your arena was all but useless, but it happens. Try it in a longer match next time ^_^

Dryk
18th December 2010, 10:23 AM
Thanks for reffin dude, good job.