PDA

View Full Version : The Time Protector: Journey of Time

Rambunctious Jamirus
13th December 2002, 09:54 PM
Well, I guess the Eeveelution Kid has gone off to a better place... but at least I still have my dignity... or what remains of it.
I'm back again and maybe stronger than ever (I'm not sure either). Let's see how this comes along as it is a part of a series I'll be doing if I can. Note - This is actually a little more than a page on MS Word.

The Time Protector: Journey of Time
Prologue

Time had been a treasured item back when the worlds were young. Creatures hadn't a care in the world most of the time and lived happily amongst themselves. Portals transported the natives to and from their galaxies.
But a new breed arose from the dirt, evil intentions in their hearts. Havoc reeked out and fires killed many of the creatures.
In order to save the worlds, the Gods that created the universe sealed off the portals. To ensure the vortexes stayed sealed off, the Gods appointed the most honourable creatures from the dominant world, the Earth of the Milky Way Galaxy, to protect the portals.
Years have passed now, the last Protector killed in battle. A new one needs to take the stand for the role.

Chapter 1 - Secret of the Island

The rain pounded the branches, soaking the shivering child underneath the oak. She gripped her knees tightly, struggling hard to stay warm. Her breath fogged up in the freezing air. Coughing, she gripped herself tighter and lay her head down on her knees, wanting so badly to sleep.
Barking sounded up in the air, howling mixing with it. Shouts came over the roar of thunder.
She looked up weakly and listened, trying to hear anything over the falling rain. Footsteps were coming closer to her. Feebly, she forced herself up and stumbled through the mud. Blood ran down her arm into the wet ground, leaving specks of dark red in a zigzag. The girl sloshed through the thick muck and occasionally had to pull herself out but pressed on by sheer determination.
Something smashed into her back, causing her to lose her balance. A small cry escaped her throat as she fell into the mud, the muck clinging to her body. Teeth gnashed by her face as the barking swirled around her. Claws dug into her back and slashed, leaving small bloody streaks. She screamed for help, hoping someone would hear her.
A blue streak flashed across the canopy of branches.
The doglike creatures stopped their attack and sniffed the air around them. A blast of water shot from the bushes, pinning one of the attackers to a tree. Out of the foliage came the light blue dog, a mermaid like fin swishing back and forth. She smiled lightly and squirted another spout of water from her mouth, sending the fiery demons running.
The girl watched as the familiar looking creature splashed up to her. She knew her for some reason, like she had met the creature before. The soft fur brushed against her cheek as the blue dog slid beside her, licking her hand reassuringly.
Gentle claws gripped her shoulder and pulled the child to her feet. She froze and looked up, finding a crocodilian snout above her.
And that's when she remembered. Vaporeon, Feraligatr. Her two best Water types in her Silver Version. How they got here, she couldn't figure out. What they wanted would have to wait as well. She was too exhausted from the struggle earlier.
The Feraligatr gently lifted her from the ground and started to carry the child away.
"Think she'll be all right?" she heard the Feraligatr say.
"If we hurry and get her out of the rain," the Vaporeon whispered right before she slipped away into slumber.

Beach Boy
31st December 2002, 10:06 PM
This story is pretty good so far. A bit short, but full of mystery and action though.
I really want to find out how she got there in the first place.
You could have a good fic in your hands soon.

Chris 2.1
2nd January 2003, 04:18 PM
short, but i can see how this might have potential, as BB said. The Prologue is very mysterious; maybe we can go into depth about these gods and explain them; are they Pokemon? Each god has a character; play with that slightly, like how the greeks had Zeuss related to Hadeas, good and evil. Maybe we can hear more about this girl in due time.

Heavenly Sage HLSOE
3rd January 2003, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by Beach Boy
You could have a good fic in your hands soon.
Agreed, but for one, it is short. Loads of mystery too. Simply well done.