PDA

View Full Version : Meeting TPMers IRL

Andrew
15th December 2010, 05:24 AM
Ok, totes off my face on drugs after my operation yesterday. But just wanted to say Tony, Tara & Kristian are awesome when I met them :)

Discuss times you've met TPMers IRL.

Also, Blademaster, tell us all about your romance with Houndoom_Lover and how that goes IRL. Pics pls

Heald
15th December 2010, 06:12 AM
I've never met any TPMers IRL, although the opportunity has never arisen, and I've never been in a position to actively locate anyone, nor had any reason to.

There was talk many years ago of a UK TPM meet in the works. I can't imagine how such a meeting would work, although I could guess it'd be pretty awkward.

ChobiChibi
15th December 2010, 07:06 AM
Nah man, it's not awkward at all! I met Samchu for the first time on my 21st, we had lots of funtimes! And she stayed over also.

The RPG brits were talking about meeting up at the Anime expo in London, but it didn't happen... Maybe next time!

Lady Vulpix
15th December 2010, 07:12 AM
I've met Julina, Will and Tyler, none of whom are active here these days, but they used to be. They're really cool. We had a great time back in 2006 when I went to New York, and then Will came to Argentina last year and we spent some time together again. It was a fun an interesting experience. I would like to repeat it. :)

Master Rudy
15th December 2010, 07:17 AM
It's far from awkward at all Heald. I've met mainly the NoVA TPMers (Asi/Brandy, Bear/James, Kuro/Sarah). We've had plenty of times during my years in Virginia where we got together. And while things didn't quite work out between me and Bran we're at least still decent friends. I've also had a few meets with a handful of WoW players me and Bran knew but that's where things start getting a bit weirder and trust becomes a much more important thing. Some of the people I've known in that game have been for lack of a better term really f***ed up :P

Needless to say those would be the people you don't want to meet.

Zak
15th December 2010, 07:42 AM
Discuss times you've met TPMers IRL.

Hahaha I like how you say that like it's a regular thing. But yeah, at this point it wouldn't be too surprising if a lot of us have.

But yeah I actually have. Wow, waaay back in the day... damn. Like Gabi I also met Julina (Blastoise Fan), Will (Dragonair Rider), and Tyler (Frost Phoenix). As well as a few of their other friends that they had join back when they were active... can't recall offhand who, some lesser known members that only had like 10 posts or only played that Expedia game.
Also met a few others like The Missing Link, Aglandiir, EVme15, and Virtual Play.
I might be missing someone... those years were a blur. Whatever... I don't really like to talk about it. Nothing personal against any of them, it's just mostly because of how I was back then. It was fun though, all great people. :)

Apparently eevee-shayna goes to my school but I never met her. Same with suzie (the one known as "IRC suzie" who I think frequented PBS) but I think she graduated... but she actually lives in my hometown now apparently.

There was talk many years ago of a UK TPM meet in the works. I can't imagine how such a meeting would work, although I could guess it'd be pretty awkward.

This is actually true, speaking from experience it kind of is. But again, my whole life was awkward back then.

Bear
15th December 2010, 07:44 AM
I would be down with meeting any TPMers that live in the Jersey area. I can't afford to travel far due to funds and busy schedule, but I don't think it would be awkward at all.

Magmar
15th December 2010, 08:42 AM
I'd always be down to meet TPMers in my area... I think only Zak is active and lives anywhere near travel distance. Although we apparently look alike so maybe he's my long lost cousin.

Master Rudy
15th December 2010, 09:04 AM
I would be down with meeting any TPMers that live in the Jersey area. I can't afford to travel far due to funds and busy schedule, but I don't think it would be awkward at all.

Poor James.....he lives in America's armpit XD

Mikachu Yukitatsu
15th December 2010, 11:27 AM
I have never met any TPMers, surprisingly.

There are some Finns on Member List, but they are gone for good I think.

Lady Vulpix visited Finland in 2005, but I was stuck in a mental hospital. I wonder if she or anybody remembers me from TPM year 2004, it wasn't until 2008 or something that I became famous TPM-wise.

I'd love to meet you all, even Andrew who doesn't like me. I remember a proposal to hold a meeting in Australia, but that didn't happen. On the other hand, I've thrown an idea of a world-around-trip to meet my every TPM friend.

Actually, it would rule to have you all come to Finland, then you could exchange a word or two with my nurses.

Blademaster
15th December 2010, 01:44 PM
Also, Blademaster, tell us all about your romance with Houndoom_Lover and how that goes IRL. Pics pls

I'd rather not. She and I have gone our separate ways, and I haven't seen her online in months.

I'm just glad we split up on a happy note. I wish I knew what happened to her though...

Lady Vulpix
15th December 2010, 02:07 PM
Now Zak has made me curious. I noticed he changed a lot over the years, but I used to think he'd just gone from fun to cranky (sorry). Now I'm wondering what really happened, but it's OK if he doesn't want to share.

Zak
15th December 2010, 05:20 PM
Now Zak has made me curious. I noticed he changed a lot over the years, but I used to think he'd just gone from fun to cranky (sorry). Now I'm wondering what really happened, but it's OK if he doesn't want to share.

Haha nothing really happened. It was fun... but if anything I'm just saying it probably would be more fun now actually, than it would have been back then.

Telume
15th December 2010, 06:40 PM
I'm not near any TPMers but if any of you ever visit Miami, Florida, let me know. I know this city pretty well so I can probably travel around and get to you.

Don't expect me to pick you up as I don't have a car.

shazza
15th December 2010, 07:42 PM
I probably have had the opportunity to meet TPMers, but like Heald, I feel it would be awkward as shit.

Gavin Luper
16th December 2010, 11:10 AM
I've met Andrew and Ada (mistysakura) IRL a couple of times and whenever I finally make it to Sydney I intend to meet up with Tara. I have to say it's always been awesome fun on all counts - if you get along with someone online and your personalities click, you'll probably get along with them IRL too. And I've had that experience so far, and it's been ace!

Seeing Andrew drunk enough to get kicked out of clubs is fun. :)

Telume
16th December 2010, 11:51 AM

:lol:

Vid plox.

Heald
16th December 2010, 01:42 PM
I'd actually genuinely like to go partying with you Aussie TPMers, you sound like good times. Would be good to meet my fellow Misc mod DragoKnight.

Other TPMers I'd like to meet are Magmar and MLG, you guys seem like really cool guys. RSW just because he's another fellow Mod. kainashi is cool too.

Otherwise the rest of you scare me :(

MeLoVeGhOsTs
16th December 2010, 03:23 PM
Well, Belgium's not that far. If you ever wanna visit Bruges or Ghent, or whatever city/town you like. I have a car aswell.

The only bad thing is I don't like scotch. I love beer, though.

Heald
16th December 2010, 03:36 PM
Going to Belgium to drink scotch would be a crime, considering the vast selection of fine beers and ales they produce.

Bruges isn't actually too far from where I live by car, just a ferry across then a couple hours drive? Next time I go (and I go regularly) I might have to drop you a line.

MeLoVeGhOsTs
16th December 2010, 03:56 PM
Sure, kewl. Got exams 'till february now, and internship 'till June, but I always have time for a beer.

Asilynne
16th December 2010, 04:41 PM
I dont suppose the TPM members that Ive known irl for more than 10 years count :D James (Bear) and Sarah (Kuro Espeon) are practically family. Mewtwo D2 was my friend in HS, and through her I also met her bf at the time PokemaniacBill. Ive met Master Rudy (duh) also.

Recently during my trip to Australia I got to meet Stephen (chaos_redefined) who is awesome and likes to PICK ON ME XD, along with Ben (Mystic Clown) who is my favorite person in the whole world <3 I almost got to meet Steve (Crazy Elf Boy) but he couldnt make it since Uni was starting again for him.

Id like to meet Sie, Bex, Denny, DL, Samchu, Gav, and Ayeun because they all would be awesome to hang out with. Maybe a couple of other people too but these are the people I wouldnt feel awkward around. *pats Heald* dont feel bad, you scare me too :D

Link
16th December 2010, 06:26 PM
I live in Jersey, Bear, so let's get together one of these days and show the true TPM spirit to the world. But, sadly, I don't think I have ever met anyone from here. Maybe I have and just didn't know about it, but I do not think I have had the pleasure of meeting anyone here, new or old. But, there always hope.

RedStarWarrior
16th December 2010, 07:57 PM
Only because I'm another mod, Heald?

Well, fuck. I'm in Virginia, about halfway between DC and Richmond. If anyone wants to meet me, that's fine.

Asilynne
16th December 2010, 08:43 PM
Well, fuck. I'm in Virginia, about halfway between DC and Richmond. If anyone wants to meet me, that's fine.

!! Im morbidly curious as to where seeing as how that statement applies to me too XD

Kuro Espeon
16th December 2010, 10:56 PM
Only because I'm another mod, Heald?

I am one of the Northern Virginia TPM crew as well. Bear used to be, but now he's in New Jersey.

Of course I've know Bear all my life (having the unfortunate circumstance of him being my older brother...). I've known Asilynne for about 10 years (and I was the one to convince her to join TPM in the first place, nyuk nyuk nyuk) as well as Mewtwo_D2 (who I'm not sure many of you remember). I've also met Mystic_clown irl of course (since he's one of my roommates now). I've also met Master Rudy. I almost met Arctic_A (a British TPMer who isn't around much anymore) once when I was in England with my Dad and Brother, but we missed him by like...15 minutes. >_<

I've always wanted to try and organize a TPM convention of sorts. If we could find a central location that most people could get to, lol. I want to meet ALL OF YOU!! Well...maybe not all of you.... XDD

RedStarWarrior
17th December 2010, 12:19 AM
We should set up a NoVA meetup. I live around Fredericksburg...

DarkestLight
17th December 2010, 06:27 AM
Jersey huh. I forget there's a bunch of ya there. Maybe when I do a road trip down to FL I'd stop by and say hi to everyone down the eastern Seaboard. Hell yeah need to bug out with Asi XD

Kuro Espeon
17th December 2010, 09:14 AM
We should set up a NoVA meetup. I live around Fredericksburg...

Dude, we live in Gainesville, that's not too far from you. Just up I-95 (or 17 to 29). We totally should find out if there are any more Virginia residents who would like to meet up at some point.

And DL, you'd be more than welcome to come visit us at our place! Then you'd meet 3 of us in one stop! :D

Master Rudy
17th December 2010, 10:00 AM
Dude, we live in Gainesville, that's not too far from you. Just up I-95 (or 17 to 29). We totally should find out if there are any more Virginia residents who would like to meet up at some point.

And DL, you'd be more than welcome to come visit us at our place! Then you'd meet 3 of us in one stop! :D

While you're at it can you guys kidnap me from hell.....I mean Kentucky? :P

Blademaster
17th December 2010, 01:52 PM
Otherwise the rest of you scare me :(

Oh you gotta be shitting me.

Maybe a couple of other people too but these are the people I wouldnt feel awkward around.

Now, when you say 'awkward'...

Actually, screw it. I already know I'm gonna die alone. Why break precedent? :rolleyes:

Magmar
18th December 2010, 11:38 PM
I remember when I was 13 and had a dream that I met many TPMers at a house party, but don't remember any details really and the only currently active member that I can recall being there was firepokemon.

Andrew
19th December 2010, 12:43 AM

Do you happen to have that pic of us? Facebook it? Ahah

The_Missing_Link
19th December 2010, 12:48 AM
I met Zak, VirtualPlay, Sam, and I think Murgatroyd when we went to see one of the Harry Potter movies together. Honestly, the clearest memory I had of that meeting was that Zak wore a t-shirt that was stained and I think maybe torn. C'mon man, you could've cleaned up a bit better

Zak
19th December 2010, 04:53 AM
I met Zak, VirtualPlay, Sam, and I think Murgatroyd when we went to see one of the Harry Potter movies together. Honestly, the clearest memory I had of that meeting was that Zak wore a t-shirt that was stained and I think maybe torn. C'mon man, you could've cleaned up a bit better

I think you might be thinking of someone else, but this is very possible considering that you listed two of the wrong people.
Because I think I remember distinctly someone like that who was there...

But Sam and "Murgatroyd" weren't there at all, lol Murg lives in Arizona and Sam is also in the southwestern area.

But of course, it'd be just like you to make that mistake...

Gavin Luper
19th December 2010, 08:54 AM
Andrew: I do have said photo. It's shite quality but I'll get it up on facebook when I next bother to get my damn phone cable out of its cave/my bedroom floor.

Telume
19th December 2010, 12:36 PM
I find meets IRL awkward at first but, once you break the ice it isn't that bad.

The_Missing_Link
19th December 2010, 01:11 PM
I think you might be thinking of someone else, but this is very possible considering that you listed two of the wrong people.
Because I think I remember distinctly someone like that who was there...

But Sam and "Murgatroyd" weren't there at all, lol Murg lives in Arizona and Sam is also in the southwestern area.

But of course, it'd be just like you to make that mistake...

Just like me to make "that" mistake? I'm assuming you're referring to a past incident where I did the same thing but I have no idea what you're talking about

Seriously, it was like 8 years ago and we spent the whole time in a dark movie theater. Who were the other two people?

abunaidesu
19th December 2010, 01:40 PM
So is T_M_L fat?

The_Missing_Link
19th December 2010, 01:50 PM
So is T_M_L fat?

5'1, 105 lbs. I was around the same weight in high school

Zak
19th December 2010, 02:18 PM
Just like me to make "that" mistake? I'm assuming you're referring to a past incident where I did the same thing but I have no idea what you're talking about

Seriously, it was like 8 years ago and we spent the whole time in a dark movie theater. Who were the other two people?

Yeah actually I'm talking about how last year when it was brought up, you forgot that you'd already met me before, when you were with your parents, which you had... but you said this was the only time, and you didn't believe me when I told you it wasn't (but you were probably just trying to cover up the fact that your memory sucks). But yeah I can understand maybe getting the people mixed up after that long, but it's a little weird to forget that there was a time before that with just me.

And the other two people were Aglandiir and Kayla (EVme).

Hah, I'd love to meet Murgatroyd though!

The_Missing_Link
19th December 2010, 04:21 PM
Well, my memory does suck sometimes so I'm sorry if I forgot our other meeting

And I forgot the other two people because I barely talked to them on the forums, probably not at all with Aglandiir. I knew you and VP better