PDA

View Full Version : Too Many Pokemon?

Fat Matt
18th December 2010, 12:11 PM
I say No because 500 isnt really alot.

Zak
18th December 2010, 05:17 PM
This may seem like a typical question to some, but it's actually a really good question.

I never thought I would ever look at it that way. I imagined there would never be too many for me. But usually within a month of a new generation being released, I have them all memorized. Not this time though, not even close. Kind of because I'd had other priorities, and I probably will eventually. But I admit, with this Black/White generation, it is a little overwhelming as it is the BIGGEST generation so far, the only one bigger than the first (though not by much), but this really is many to handle at once. The biggest irony of this being the most massive generation is the fact that there are absolutely no ties to old ones, making this generation seem even that much bigger.

So I guess in a way there are too many, but it only seems that way because of how many were released at once. If it were a bit of a lower number, then years later there were more, I wouldn't notice any difference.

Austrian ViceMaster Alex
19th December 2010, 02:37 AM
I always have the feeling like there are too many whenever there's a new generation of Pokémon games being released and their number goes up. But I get used to it quickly and of course they can't just recycle the same old Pokémon over and over without releasing new ones. So my answer is no, there's always room for some more.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
19th December 2010, 02:58 AM
Isn't there already 649? Anyways, I'm also with no. Although my memory is not what it used to be, I have trouble remembering them all.

In fact, in my opinion there are never too many. It's one of the main ideas of Pokemon that there are always new ones.

I just don't know when Satoshi Tajiri's imagination reaches its borders. Can he keep up with this? I heard he stays awake for 24 hours and then sleeps 12 hours. Because he has to be creative. His job is to make new Pokemon, but he is already 45 years old.

Blademaster
19th December 2010, 08:22 AM
Never too many. I'm eagerly awaiting Pokemon #666.

Katie
20th December 2010, 10:20 AM
way too many, and getting way too detailed anatomies. I liked the first 250 :(

Charles Legend
23rd December 2010, 05:28 PM
Well look at it this way if we lived in the world of Pokémon then there would be way more then just the 649 they have now.

I mean take this for example if the world of Pokémon was an alternate earth then say for example let's say that the United States of America exist in the world of Pokémon and is made up of at lest 50 states that are all there own regions

Of course perhaps in the Pokéarth most of the the territories that failed to become their own state in are world did on Pokéarth for example the state of Franklin or State of Superior hell even Little Egypt. and let's each one had a set of starters, that alone would be 450 for only the 50 states and would be more Pokémon if you includes the Idea that most of the territories become states and the us land mass was even bigger to allow for all the states to fit...

Of course that example only covers the USA now if every country in the world had a number of regions then the stater Pokémon alone would be roughly 1,000,000,000 give or take, besides that like Mikachu said the Idea of the World of Pokémon is there always more to discover in fact there or hints that Pokéarth is not the only planet with Pokémon living on it so yeah the number of Pokémon is basically endless, perhaps there is even more beyond the mortal realm....

in fact one of my Ideas for a fanfic is that Pokéarth Or Terra Prime is just one of many earth like planets that take part in a much bigger Pokémon League in fact if I were to throw all logic out the window then are galaxy alone would also play host to a League but in order to enter it one must fist defeat every league on the planet and then challenges the Grand masters of there home world and once they are defeated they battle the guardian of the planet and once the Guardian is defeated the trainer is given the title of Pokémon Master of the planet they happen to live on and are given a badge that allows them to Teleport to to another planet it also allows one to return to the planet the badge came from.

The only problem with this Idea is that it would require a lot of Fake Pokémon, that and the charters would most likely have to be immortal in order just to complete there home galaxy then seven others before facing the Four heavenly Kings then once the trainer defeats them then he or she faces one final Challenger the Supreme King who is the Ruler 0f the universe....

but yeah my point is there really no limit on Pokémon the only reason there seems like there is because I highly doubt that Game Freak wants to crate billions of Pokémon I mean think of how big the national dex would be.... not only would the games require a massive amount if storage it would probably require releasing more then one generation every two years or so which would mess up the Animé big time.

~Charles Legend

Mikachu Yukitatsu
1st January 2011, 02:06 AM
Never too many. I'm eagerly awaiting Pokemon #666.

Six Six Six The Number Of The Beast! But it seems that that one won't be a legendary.

Blademaster
1st January 2011, 02:29 AM
It'll be Pokemon #25 in the Gen VI Pokedex.

Lol Satanchu.

Cammy White
16th January 2011, 01:20 PM
I voted no, but there certainly are a lot. The series has always about it seeming as though there is an 'uncatchable' amount of Pokemon, which it always seems like when you start out on one of the new games.

The feeling when you caught all 150/151 in RBY was great, so I don't feel that there are "too many", as each generation will always be about catching more than the last.

I like that it extends the gameplay for those who don't play it competitively for battling or anything, as it gives the single player campaign a bit of a boost once you've finished the main story.

TryingTyrants
22nd January 2011, 11:29 PM
I say no, as you can never really have too much of a good thing. If there weren't this many pokemon, that would mean less games. In order for the franchise to continue, they have to spawn new designs.

Constellar
22nd January 2011, 11:53 PM
I say no as well. I never want to see Pokemon end. I want to see at least gen 6 and possibly gen 7. It's something I've grown up with from a very young age and I'd hate to see the new Pokemon stop.