PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon Trainer Red Discussion.

Fat Matt
18th December 2010, 04:54 PM
Anyone think Red is Easy Hard or At your level I beat him on my First Try.

Jeff
18th December 2010, 05:01 PM
It took a bit of level grinding, but I managed to do it. My team members are all now around lvl 80. Mind you, I don't like using healing items since I feel that they're wasted if I use them and don't win.

Fat Matt
18th December 2010, 05:03 PM
Very True

Fat Matt
18th December 2010, 05:15 PM
Red Not Talking Was Kinda Creepy Wonder Why He is so Strange?

Blademaster
19th December 2010, 08:07 AM
Don't double-post, bro. TPM rules.

Also Red wrecked my shit way back when I first played Gold and Crystal. SoulSilver, conversely, wasn't that hard, since I grinded my team to the upper '60's and outfitted them all with the strongest combos and items I had. He didn't stand a chance.

Poryhedron
19th December 2010, 02:27 PM
Red Not Talking Was Kinda Creepy Wonder Why He is so Strange?
It's a reference to Silent Hero Syndrome.

Silent Hero Syndrome is a common RPG cliché where the main character you control never has a single line of dialogue. This is usually done so that you can identify with the character regardless of your personality or speech. It's not universal — it doesn't happen in Pokémon Mystery Dungeon, for example — but it does happen very very often.

They could have given Red a line or two in Gold/Silver/Crystal/Heart/Soul, but instead, they chose to riff on the fact that the Pokémon games feature Silent Hero Syndrome. Since Red was the player in the previous generation, and thus never said a word, he never says a word here either.

Link
19th December 2010, 07:20 PM
When Red and I tangled the first time, he wrecked me. But then I came on and decided to show who was the better trainer after I had leveled up my team to the 70's. I now have an easy time defeating him with my level 92 Typhlosion.

Fat Matt
19th December 2010, 07:21 PM
Oh

Lady Vulpix
19th December 2010, 07:22 PM
It took a bit of level grinding, but I managed to do it. My team members are all now around lvl 80. Mind you, I don't like using healing items since I feel that they're wasted if I use them and don't win.
You can turn off the game when you're about to lose and get your items back.

Telume
19th December 2010, 07:54 PM
Hey, if someone could beat him with a Pidgey then anything it's possible:

Ag1-hssBK04

I don't know if they've done it in HG/SS yet but, I imagine it's harder to do since the AI is more intelligent.

Cirrus
22nd January 2011, 11:18 PM
...I beat Red with unevolved Pokemon, and have videos of it. Granted they were around Lv. 70, but still.

theniwasdrivingdowntheroadandomgBLIZZARDSNORLAX. Quite the incapable Pokemon, even in hail.

Cinnamon Grahams
22nd January 2011, 11:19 PM
I took me along time to beat red.

I'm not that good a battler D:

Blademaster
23rd January 2011, 03:13 PM
Ag1-hssBK04

http://www.dictailgate.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/computer-out-window.jpg

Galdr
7th February 2011, 12:05 PM
The only thing that annoyed me about Red in HGSS is the fact his team is hair raising high. And the fact his Pikachu got Volt Tackle. >_> I knew he would be very hard to destroy, so yeah it took a lot of grinding for me to raise my team to the high 70's. We crushed him on the first try~

And I agree that Red has that Silent Syndrome. ...But I also noticed they used FRLG's version of Red, while in GSC, Red looked like the Red from the manga. XD Anyone noticed this?

Also, it's funny that he reappears on Mt. Silver after you beat the E4 again. What's the purpose of being there in the cold? D:

And when he ninja-disappears after you beat him. It's almost as if he were an illusion. XD Maybe he Escape Rope'd out and decided to go home finally...

MeLoVeGhOsTs
7th February 2011, 03:25 PM
The sad thing is actually watched that whole video. Love those GSC times.

On a good note, I remember the power of items again.

DarkestLight
7th February 2011, 06:26 PM
I watched that video and lol'ed at the fact that Blastoise's Blizzard missed XD

Poryhedron
7th February 2011, 08:40 PM
And when he ninja-disappears after you beat him. It's almost as if he were an illusion. XD Maybe he Escape Rope'd out and decided to go home finally...
Nah, he blacked out and woke up at the Pokémon Center at the base of the mountain with a chunk of his money gone.

Now you know what that looks like to others. :xd:

ShadowCharizard
22nd June 2013, 07:32 PM
Aw man that sucks. I hope that never happens to me.

Blademaster
25th June 2013, 09:16 PM
Don't necro please.