PDA

View Full Version : slaking not slacking when i need him to slack

probationsmack
27th April 2003, 12:33 AM
actually i was experimenting with slakoth and it came to this

if i use slakoth first in battle then i know that slakoth will get an attack in and then go all truant

but

one time i switched slakoth in and chose a move
it was truant that very turn
THE TURN I CALLED IT OUT
that put a major dent in using him,
I have to wait for like some odd numbered turn just to guarrantee i attack with him the turn i switch him in

sniff, so much for encore slaking..... sniff

ILikePokemonP
27th April 2003, 12:37 AM
I'll change my light blue font if you post something I can read ;)

Gligar_Man
27th April 2003, 12:39 AM
i dont even bother reading peoples font when its that color... :\ just a headsup... not that color but a strain to read = no read... anyways... yup thats how truant worx... on the other half you can severely disable an opponent with skill swap

use skill swap on slaking
wait a turn youll be truant
use skill swap on opponent

slaking i now an ownzer with many good skill combos available

probationsmack
27th April 2003, 12:40 AM
god damn you light blue annoying font person
i thought you were going to say something constructive or interesting,
but no
you give me short pointless annoying messages
a message i m having a hard time to read by the way

probationsmack
27th April 2003, 12:42 AM
slaking doesnt get skill swap gligarman

and if your referring to two on two battles, im no fan
and i recently heard that truant (like wonderguard) is not swappable

Gligar_Man
27th April 2003, 12:52 AM
i know but skill swap is a move... and im pretty sure you can use it on him... -_- if not oh well

*removed slaking for tropius*

anyways... use him as a starter and just hyperbeam away slack off and counter when needed... i used mine because hyperbeam + mainly any other good attack will OHKO alot of things

Oddish17
27th April 2003, 12:58 AM
You can't Skill Swap the Truant characteristic. I'm not sure why so many people suggested this yet nobody bothered to test it out.

Razola
27th April 2003, 01:02 AM
Ugh...Slaking stats should be higher if things like Skill Swap, etc. and other tricks don't work. It seems this previously potential powerhouse is getting more and more worthless each day.

And to fix the text color problem, change the board's color to one that's black. There are fewer colors that you can't see with the black background.

soggy_cardboard
27th April 2003, 04:43 AM
ur parter(ex. kecleon) can use "skill swap" on ur Slaking.:yes:

Oddish17
27th April 2003, 04:55 AM
Originally posted by soggy_cardboard
ur parter(ex. kecleon) can use "skill swap" on ur Slaking.:yes:

And you can watch it fail every time :yes:

Slaking master
27th April 2003, 07:21 AM
You can't Skill Swap the Truant characteristic. I'm not sure why so many people suggested this yet nobody bothered to test it out.

Oddish17 if u had tested it out yourself u would have seen that it works.I have use skill swap on my slaking so many times.U can use skill swap on slaking go test yourself and see that u r dead wrong. Slaking can not learn skill swap but its 2 on 2 partner can use it on him.

ace
27th April 2003, 10:06 AM
If you can't read somebody's font then just highlight it.

That truant not bein able to be swapped ruins my plans for slaking:(

owac
27th April 2003, 10:51 AM
yes you can skill swap traunt better is you change the poke who use skill swap and you have two pokemon that attack, one of them slaking

i prove this a long time ago against the journalists

ArCaN1NeX
27th April 2003, 01:34 PM
So you can't breed Skill Swap onto a Slakoth either? I guess my friend lied to me, or just didn't know, because he traded me a Level 5 Slakoth with Skill Swap and now my Slaking has that move. I guess it was sharked...:mad: