PDA

View Full Version : Which Region Do You Like Best?

Fat Matt
19th December 2010, 07:32 PM
I Am A Huge Kanto Fan just because Its the First Region I Ever Played.

Lady Vulpix
19th December 2010, 07:49 PM
I also like Kanto best. I like its Pokemon and its cities more.

MToolen
19th December 2010, 08:19 PM
Thought this said "Religion" and not "Region" at the start. I'm definitely a Kanto fan. I've only played through the first two regions, but between them, Kanto has the more balanced map make-up. Plus, there's a truck that could have had Mew in it!

Magmar
19th December 2010, 08:19 PM
Kanto 151

Sounds like a punk band.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
19th December 2010, 11:45 PM
Sinnoh because I like cold climate. In Kanto or Johto, only single palces like Ecruteak City with those Kimono Girls or Ice Cave are awesome, so overall, I must go with Sinnoh. Don't get me wrong, of course I enjoy other regions too, but if I had to pick one, it would be Sinnoh.

Gavin Luper
20th December 2010, 12:10 AM
I voted Johto. I always loved the original feel of Kanto, but I remember being really engrossed with Goldrenrod and Ecruteak and that whole Legendary shebang, plus other features. So Johto pips Kanto at the post.

shazza
20th December 2010, 12:24 AM
Johto. While Kanto was the first, Johto was the successor and I was in awe to be able to play an entire new land. I loved the Magnet Train between Johto and Kanto, and the characters excitement when boarding it was accurate to my own feelings. And not to mention the music and the radio tower. :)

Mikachu Yukitatsu
20th December 2010, 08:43 AM
Kanto = Finnish for tree stump
Johto = Finnish for lead

Kanto has those classic Pokemon pieces, when it comes to music it beats the other regions in a way. That's because the music is simple and easy to follow.

At first, Johto theme song scared the heck out of me because we never saw Orange Islands here in Finland, they skipped them. But you learn to like Johto music surprisingly quickly. GOLDEN SMILE AND SILVER TEARS!

The whole Hoenn scares the heck out of me because I played/watched most of it in a mental hospital in 2005. But of course I would like to watch it again.

We are currently at Sinnoh here, and I love it.

Austrian ViceMaster Alex
20th December 2010, 10:22 AM
I liked Johto best, it seemed so much bigger and more exciting than Kanto when it first was released. Looking back at it though it was still kinda odd that e.g. two huge towns were separated by a 30 second walk ... but I guess the same holds true for many video games. Still, I liked it a lot.

Charles Legend
23rd December 2010, 05:56 PM
The Sevii Islands. ;)

~Charles Legend

Dogfish44
24th December 2010, 05:01 AM
I started playing Hoenn, and it's the one I love the most. They better make remakes for it without screwing up...

Telume
24th December 2010, 01:40 PM
Johto, I love being able to travel between the regions and I remember all the time I used to spend just plain exploring everything and I still <3 the Kanto Gym Leader remix they did for those games.

9ts_foHlT_w

I don't think the HG/SS remix did this song enough justice.

royalina
21st January 2011, 01:15 AM
I've only played through the first two regions, but between them, Kanto has the more balanced map make-up. ...

Deadwood_Zen
22nd January 2011, 12:29 AM
Johto fo' sho'. Graphics were much better(combat scenes haven't improved too much since then), and although Kanto started it all, Johto perfected it, and laid down the pavement for everything else to follow through. I like the legendaries best there, too.

Blademaster
22nd January 2011, 12:42 PM
Johto. Then Kanto and Sinnoh. Hoenn last because of those FUCKING WATER ROUTES FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Cammy White
22nd January 2011, 02:17 PM
I really can't decide! I think Hoenn is my least favourite, but that's because RSE was my least favourite gen. I was thinking Johto, but then I remembered all the good times I had discovering Kanto.

Basing it purely on the different regions rather than nostalgia for in-game experiences, I think I'm going to go with Johto. For areas such as Goldenrod, the hidden beach nearby there, Ecruteak and Blackthorn Cities, Whirl Islands and Tin Tower.

EDIT: Mixed up a region/gen name.

TryingTyrants
22nd January 2011, 11:23 PM
I realize most people disliked this generation, but Sinnoh was my favorite. Probably because it sparked my favorite pokemon, Electivire.

Cinnamon Grahams
22nd January 2011, 11:24 PM
I like gen 4 Johto.

It was an epic region

Constellar
22nd January 2011, 11:56 PM
I'll definately say Hoenn. The environmental theme to it makes me feel right at home. I love nature and Hoenn is extremely diverse.

Blademaster
23rd January 2011, 03:26 PM
I think Sinnoh is my least favourite, but that's because RSE was my least favourite gen.

Sinnoh was the DPP region.

RSE's was Hoenn.

Cammy White
23rd January 2011, 03:45 PM
Sinnoh was the DPP region.

RSE's was Hoenn.

Ha ha, woops. Got mixed up there. Thank you.

Markiss
23rd January 2011, 05:48 PM
Johto FTW. i like the layout of it a lot better than the other ones. the only thing thats annoying is how you cant go north on Route 29