PDA

View Full Version : Shiny Legendary Dogs Event - UPDATE FOR EUROPE

Weasel Overlord
21st December 2010, 03:12 AM
Yup, they're doing another event! This one is at Gamestops (thanks for the inclusion of the UK there, Nintendo...)

You can get a shiny Entei, Suicune and Raikou, and not only will they be shiny, but they'll also have different moves; Weather Ball for Raikou, Flare Blitz for Entei and Sheer Cold for Suicune. They will all have Extremespeed, as well, and they come in a Cherish Ball with an attached ribbon.

Not only that, but if you transfer them to Black/White, you'll get the chance to catch Zoroark in game which, according to the Pokemon website, cannot be caught in normal gameplay.

Dates

Raikou: January 3rd - January 9th
Entei: January 17th - January 23rd
Suicune: January 31st - February 6th

so will anyone be going along to this? do enjoy your pretty shinies, if you do! :)

sourced from []pokemon (http://community.livejournal.com/pokemon/4068065.html?#cutid1) and pokemon.com (http://www.pokemongoldsilver.com/us/#/news/trio/)

DarkestLight
21st December 2010, 06:30 AM
Have to. Need Zoarark. Now, these dogs are for HG/SS?
Edi: And DPt? Sweet!! I got 3 sets coming to me :D

Knight of Time
21st December 2010, 08:44 AM
Ooh, shiny legendaries are definitely hard to get the normal way...but guessing that I will be able to get these three in Canada, this is something I definitely cannot pass up.

Jeff
21st December 2010, 12:24 PM
It's times like this I wish there was a Gamestop closer to me.

Hopefully Celebi will be a WiFi event.

Fat Matt
21st December 2010, 09:08 PM
Can't wait!

Fat Matt
21st December 2010, 09:09 PM
It's times like this I wish there was a Gamestop closer to me.

Hopefully Celebi will be a WiFi event.

It will im sure it will be on wifi when the movie comes out on Tv.

Blademaster
21st December 2010, 09:11 PM
I told you the other day Matt, don't double-post. There's an 'Edit' button attached to your posts for a reason, chief.

MeLoVeGhOsTs
22nd December 2010, 02:45 AM
You'd be a good mod, Blade *pats*

:D

On topic: don't have the money for a DS, nor a gamestop anywhere. Still, I'd love a Zoroark.

Blademaster
22nd December 2010, 04:58 PM
I'll get there someday...

So is this another "Bring the DS to Toys 'R Us, connect to Wi-Fi, and get free shit." event? If so I may actually be able to get there this time...

Knight of Time
6th January 2011, 03:41 PM
No, you bring your DS to GameStop.

And as things turn out, I can get this event in my province, EB Games (Canada's equivalent of GameStop) is also doing the events for the legendary dogs, but that reminds me, since I have all five of the main series DS games, am I only allowed to use one game for each event that would be at EB Games?

DarkestLight
6th January 2011, 05:09 PM
No. I downloaded 3 Raikous to D, Pt and HG :o.

Knight of Time
7th January 2011, 06:22 AM
Oh, that's good.

I got a Raikou in each game, then, so five in total for me.

Weasel Overlord
12th January 2011, 06:36 AM
UPDATE

The Shiny Legendary Dogs will now be available on Wifi throughout Europe (and Australia) from the 7th of February. The end date has yet to be announced.

Again, if you transfer the beasts to B/W you get the chance to catch a Zoroark.

OH MY GOD, HURRAH!!

sourced from []pokemon (http://community.livejournal.com/pokemon/4094111.html)

DarkestLight
12th January 2011, 06:39 AM
Figured they'd get it in Europe pretty quick.

Jeff
12th January 2011, 08:20 AM
It will also work in North America for those of us who would rather stay off the icy roads. :D

I love when they do events as both in-store and WiFi, they really should do it more often.

DarkestLight
12th January 2011, 05:42 PM
Im sorry, are you saying this event is WiFi accessible; Jeff?

Jeff
12th January 2011, 05:46 PM
Yeah, it's been announced for Europe, but if it's anything like past WiFi events, it should work with any English-language version.

DarkestLight
12th January 2011, 06:45 PM
Ahhh

Mikachu Yukitatsu
12th January 2011, 10:53 PM
Throughout Europe? Why can't they be more specific? We have had some of those share events here in Finland too, but I don't know about this time.

ChobiChibi
13th January 2011, 06:07 AM
Of course it'll include Finland. It's Wifi. And Europe. Yep.

I've got all the stuff from the American events due to the fact most of them are on Wifi. So don't worry, Mikachu, dogs will be coming our way :D

Jeff
15th January 2011, 12:19 PM
According to Serebii each beast will be available in a different week. Raikou the first week (Feb 7-13), Entei the second (Feb 14-20), and finally Suicune (Feb 21-27).

Cammy White
16th January 2011, 07:35 AM
I'm so glad they're doing this as a Wi-Fi event here! Then again, I'm glad they're doing it at all here. I still get excited that they have events in Europe after suffering through the earlier generations with nothing whatsoever.

Looking forward to getting the beasts to unlock Zoroark! I prefer when they do Wi-Fi though, as I work odd hours, so can't always get out to the stores. Plus it looks kind of weird when you're older and standing in a shop full of kids for their Pokemon days...

I usually just sit or hover near the store and pilfer it over their mystery gift connection rather than making it obvious. Ha ha.

DarkestLight
5th February 2011, 04:20 PM
So I didn't get Ash's Pikachu 'cause...well its dumb.

I believe the next American release will be Serebii now, from the 19th of Feb til Mar 6th? That's what I really want.

Then Liberty Pass from Mar 6 til Apr 4th?

Jeff
5th February 2011, 07:02 PM
April 10th is what they're advertising it as I believe. Which is weird, because it's lasting 'til a little after that in Europe. Either NoA wants people to believe the event is ending earlier than it really is, or events are restricted by region instead of language in B/W.

DarkestLight
5th February 2011, 07:10 PM
I'm thinking its by region now. Only thing that makes sense. But what I still don't get is why they aren't all simultaneously released. Why any one place earlier than the next when they have the ability to release them all at the same time?

Jeff
7th February 2011, 08:36 AM
Just got my Raikou! Two in fact.

Cammy White
8th February 2011, 01:37 PM
Got Raikou! Well, 4 of them. It was 3 initially, but I bought HeartGold yesterday :/

I now have a level 20 Croconaw and a shiny Raikou, ha ha. Not using him in my team though I don't think.

Link
9th February 2011, 07:10 PM
I have 4 Raikou's, but I technically have 3 since the one from HG is missing. hmmm...my friend may have it on one of his games.

Ayeun
11th February 2011, 04:58 PM
Not sure if this is the right spot for this, but I got my 4 Raikou's this morning via Nintendo WI-FI. Guess that means that the world wide distribution has begun for those of us who don't live near any of the places to pick them up.

Source - My DS and DSi. I check for gifts every day, since you never know whats going on with the internets.

Jeff
11th February 2011, 05:24 PM
Yup, it started on the 7th in all English-speaking countries + the rest of Europe.

By the way, Entei starts on Monday, which is Valentine's day. A red Pokemon, on Valentine's day, I see what you did thar Nintendo.

Blademaster
11th February 2011, 06:17 PM
At least Nintendo will be there for me on Valentine's Day...

:(

Mikachu Yukitatsu
11th February 2011, 10:00 PM
Nintendo - Blademaster's Best Friend!

Blademaster
12th February 2011, 11:46 AM
Not helping.

Link
12th February 2011, 02:26 PM
Nintendo: "I love you, Blade!"

Blademaster
13th February 2011, 02:14 PM
Shut the FUCK up! :mad2:

illday
7th March 2011, 09:39 PM
I missed this event. Is anyone willing to trade me one of their shiny Raikou or Entei. I am willing to give up any pokemon I have except my Lugia and Latios. My friend code is 2494 3160 0055

Telume
7th March 2011, 10:00 PM
Blade's making me lulz

Blademaster
8th March 2011, 11:40 AM
Lulz is typically a noun. Your post is grammatically incorrect.

Also, this isn't Mt. Moon. Save the useless posts for there, would you?

Telume
8th March 2011, 12:05 PM
You're one to talk, Blade :rolleyes:

Aren't there multiple ways to catch Zorua now? You could just as easily get a Zorua or Zoroark from a friend and breed it, now that B/W are out.

Blademaster
8th March 2011, 12:06 PM
OK, let me rephrase that.

Save the totally irrelevant 4channerism shit for Mt. Moon.

Or don't. I don't really care. The more I respond to you here, the more my postcount goes up. :shrug:

Link
8th March 2011, 07:36 PM
Mt. Moon is always a fun place, but yeah, for once, blade is right. :)