PDA

View Full Version : Two Years Left!

Mikachu Yukitatsu
21st December 2010, 11:00 AM
Sorry if I break into your Christmas peace and confort with these GLOOMY thoughts but I was feeling a little bored.

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z83/Mikayuta/GLOOMY.png

Today is the 21st of December, 2010. That is we have two years till the end of the 13th b'ak'tun of Maya Calendar! Now what are you going to do with the time remaining?

I'm going to post at TPM like no tomorrow. Also, I'm going to play some videogames and other really important things yeah. Get some of my artworks to the whole word to see.

Or you can take this topic seriously and not answer the first question. Or just take them both like I do here. Do you really think the world's going to end two years from today?

Nah, it can well be a hoax. The 21th of Dec 2012 will just start a new b'ak'tun. B'ak'tun lasts for approx 394.3 solar years and did the world end 400 years ago? Not that I know.

Also, one Maya Calendar cycle starts from 5,123 years ago. Even the Bible proves there were people long before 3,000 B.C.. Of course someone now brings on the Great Flood myth, but that may have been a rather local event.

How's the world going to end, then?

It's very difficult to believe it would be a world-wide event. Well what if just a small volcano errupts in a country like Finland. Who cares. Duh.

Our beloved planet sure remains, at least until the sun gets veeery big 5,000,000,000 years later.

And now I'm feeling even more bored.

Jeff
21st December 2010, 11:35 AM
Now what are you going to do with the time remaining?
If the world is really ending, I'm just going to do all the things I enjoy. Or find some way to keep the world from ending and enjoy the fame and fortune that would come with that.

Do you really think the world's going to end two years from today?
Absolutely not. It's funny that people think that the end of the 13th baktun means the end of the Mayan calendar, and for some reason, the end of the world. A baktun is nothing more than a Mayan century. Since the Mayans used a base-20 number system, their centuries last 400 years instead of 100. The only reason a baktun doesn't last exactly 400 years is because the Mayans estimated the length of the year as 360 days. So, if they were 5 days off for that, it's pretty ridiculous to think that they somehow knew exactly when the world was going to end.

In 5 billion or so years, people will just stop caring about the Earth. They'll all move off and finally allow the sun to expand into a red giant, and swallow the Earth. The Doctor and Rose will be there to watch.

Bear
21st December 2010, 11:53 AM
What I would normally do. I will be getting married, and possibly starting a family.

Nope. This is just another thing that people are abusing to spread panic and somehow make money from it down the road. Remember Y2K? Fizzle.

Probably an asteroid or something down the road. Either that or when Ke$ha wins a Grammy.

Magmar
21st December 2010, 03:26 PM
It was kind of creepy that there was a total lunar eclipse last night. It had been showing all night but you could see the moon being eclipsed from behind the clouds. I took pictures with my phone and I'll try to upload them! It'll be my first time using my new phone to post pictures online.

Today I went to the mall and did Christmas shopping. :)

Well, I'm going to graduate in a few months and try to establish my career. If the world starts falling apart, I won't have to pay back my student loans.

I'm undecided. There have been a lot of ancient prophecies from several distinct cultures that surround the age we live in. I believe we live in a special time, I mean most of us who are older witnessed what was truly human evolution into the technological era. 2012 also signals us entering the Age of Aquarius, and the sign Aquarius is supposed to mean change, new technology, a revolution, etc. But that's a load of crock.

When I had a nightmare about the world ending, it was by vines coming from the ground and dragging people into hell :( bad dreams for :126:

Telume
21st December 2010, 06:33 PM
Get a fucking car.

3 letters: Y2K.

Why is everyone so concerned with this? If it ends, it ends. That's it, it's OVER. Go die a fiery death and rest, at least you won't have to worry about whatever you did in life, geez.

abunaidesu
21st December 2010, 11:11 PM
wear my flip flops and walk around acting as though i'm the center of the universe like everyone else in l.a

no

guidos will take over

Katie
22nd December 2010, 10:54 AM
Scratch and claw and bite and fight for a non-teenager job like the rest of the class of 2010
No
Define "world ending" - society collapses? Humans go extinct? The planet is annihilated?
a) world war 3 will be nuke happy (or we'll figure out an even more awesome way to kill each other and use that) b) flood basalts c) big big big asteroid!