PDA

View Full Version : Your haul

Andrew
24th December 2010, 08:17 AM
So... what did you greedy bastards manage to weasel out of friends and family?

Heald
24th December 2010, 08:44 AM
Since it's not Christmas in the civilised world yet, fuck all at the moment :(

Except for a new model from a friend of mine, as we decided to exchange gifts and open them early.

Austrian ViceMaster Alex
24th December 2010, 08:57 AM
Money, plain and simple. It's not Christmas yet but it's what I get.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
24th December 2010, 11:02 AM
I just had a miraculous Christmas Eve at Mielikkitalo, a house where I go daily. I was so happy playing there with my friends, and they were happy too. I couldn't really deserve a better Christmas present.

My mother will come the day after tomorrow and give me some more concrete presents, but I believe this eve already made it, it was so awesome.

shazza
24th December 2010, 11:45 AM
I just got home then. My father gave me $50, and even wrote a poem about my wasting it on alcohol. There is presents for me right now, however I do not know what they are.

Magmar
24th December 2010, 05:23 PM
Glad you had a great time Mikachu!
I got two new hoodies and a nice set of shot glasses from my boyfriend... and he pre-ordered me the Social Distortion new album and got me a t-shirt too. I was so happy!

My friend took me to see Tron 3-D and it was awesome, he got me a white chocolate mocha latte thingy and it was surprisingly good (I usually drink just straight coffee with some sugar and a splash of milk, but I really liked it) :) And another friend got me a year's subscription to X-Box live gold. <3

Fett One
24th December 2010, 07:50 PM
I don't celebrate Christmas but for Hanukkah I got a new shirt, some gift cards, and $100.

Andrew
25th December 2010, 03:42 AM
I got:

Boyfriend - An eReader with 100 books already on it. He doesn't know I secretly hate them and prefer physical books. Yay! Expensive!
Mum - A return flight to Mardi Gras!
Sister - Meh
Family - So far, a $50 JB HiFi card!

Heald
25th December 2010, 04:00 AM
Mum - A return flight to Mardi Gras!
So you can finally live out your dreams of the all-you-can-eat something buffet!

Andrew
25th December 2010, 04:15 AM
Heald - The BF is coming with me to Mardi Gras. All I want to do is take drugs and have a great time there

Heald
25th December 2010, 04:22 AM
Sounds like what I want to do :( hope you have a good time :)

midnightangel
25th December 2010, 04:47 AM
Some clothes, some money, candy, nuts, and some Florida Gator stuff from the family. The money went to jewelery (earrings), a computer game (Bejeweled 3) some DVDs and a cool clip watch (also Florida Gators on the watch face).

I'll probably be sleeping off and on today--not feeling too great. Seriously how the hell does a girl get just a fever and nothing else?!? Been trying to figure that one out

[Edit] I'm stuck in the hospital as I'm typing this. Not sure what's up yet. This sucks. :(

DarkestLight
25th December 2010, 07:53 AM
Hrm. Usually I don't get anything for Xmas since I'm never the type to celebrate or reciprocate. So this year, my gf went all out and got me a bunch of stuff that I'm really thankful for.

GF:Winter coat, 2 fleeces, socks (my god I needed socks)
Her mom: (present for both of us) Webcam

That's really it.

MeLoVeGhOsTs
25th December 2010, 07:55 AM
45€.

PNT510
25th December 2010, 08:31 AM
My sisters boyfriend got me Assassin's Creed and Need for Speed Xbox games in our family gift exchange. My aunt is also going to make me tacos on Monday for our family make it or bake it exchange.

kazr
25th December 2010, 03:59 PM
I got a new monitor after 8 years of using my giant 19" CRT. This thing is beastly.

We got our parents a bad ass BluRay player and a BluRay burner, and a new computer for my mom because hers sucked dick. Also got a steal of a deal on some really nice office chairs off craigslist that I'm going to give some people.

RedStarWarrior
25th December 2010, 10:20 PM
Gift cards, clothes, and a blowjob.

All and all, fucking great Christmas!

Zak
25th December 2010, 11:03 PM
A trip to Israel... I'm there right now!

And just recently a PSP with KH Birth By Sleep, but it was for my birthday/Hannukah.

Asilynne
26th December 2010, 12:42 PM
I got some nice gloves, the new sims expansion, a book, the movie thunder dome, a fen shui crystal, a big Buddha candleholder, a lot of gift cards and an iPad! So if my spelling drastically improves you'll know I'm on it (which I am right now XD anyone recommend any good apps? I'm new to this sort of thing)

abunaidesu
26th December 2010, 07:56 PM
shoes, new ray-bans, perfume, clothes, etc

Master Rudy
26th December 2010, 08:29 PM
Ugh....got a frigging Snuggie from my parents and a lottery ticket (which was a loser). Still trying to figure out how they came to the conclusion that I wanted one >_<

"Well Rudy constantly mocks this product and calls it the dumbest thing ever made......LET'S GET HIM ONE! :D"

Seriously my Jets blanket that I got last year is 10X better than this thing. Much thicker and it keeps me warmer. The Snuggie is paper thin.....still trying to figure out how the damn thing sells so well. Oh well.....thought that counts right? At least the card was nice :)

As for my friends they know me a tiny bit better. Got a WoW game card from one friend and two gift cards from my boss at work: a 1600 MS Point card for XBL and a Gamestop gift card that I used on Final Fantasy 13 and Super Street Fighter 4.

I got some nice gloves, the new sims expansion, a book, the movie thunder dome, a fen shui crystal, a big Buddha candleholder, a lot of gift cards and an iPad! So if my spelling drastically improves you'll know I'm on it (which I am right now XD anyone recommend any good apps? I'm new to this sort of thing)

Best place to start is always with Apple ^_~
http://www.apple.com/ipad/apps-for-ipad/

Mikachu Yukitatsu
27th December 2010, 10:21 AM
Here's a picture of all that load of stuff my mother gave me yesterday.

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z83/Mikayuta/Joulu20102_0001.jpg

RedStarWarrior
27th December 2010, 07:51 PM
Ugh....got a frigging Snuggie from my parents and a lottery ticket (which was a loser). Still trying to figure out how they came to the conclusion that I wanted one >_<

"Well Rudy constantly mocks this product and calls it the dumbest thing ever made......LET'S GET HIM ONE! :D"

Seriously my Jets blanket that I got last year is 10X better than this thing. Much thicker and it keeps me warmer. The Snuggie is paper thin.....still trying to figure out how the damn thing sells so well. Oh well.....thought that counts right? At least the card was nice :)

As for my friends they know me a tiny bit better. Got a WoW game card from one friend and two gift cards from my boss at work: a 1600 MS Point card for XBL and a Gamestop gift card that I used on Final Fantasy 13 and Super Street Fighter 4.

Best place to start is always with Apple ^_~
http://www.apple.com/ipad/apps-for-ipad/
The Slanket is a much better sleeved blanket and it came out first.

Telume
27th December 2010, 08:45 PM
New cellphone, couple of games, 10 dollars and that's about it.

Blademaster
28th December 2010, 02:12 PM
DKC Returns, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, a new outfit, and enough money for a tablet.

Once I get said tablet, RSW, your Secret Santa gift will be my first project.

(Yes, I'M your Secret Santa. Big surprise, huh?)

Chris 2.1
2nd January 2011, 07:29 AM
I mainly got money. I flew home from London so my rents were careful not to give me anything I could make into a bomb.

Since it's my birthday tomorrow I'm waiting to pool all my cash together and go on a 'spree'.

Already bought a barbour jacket in the sale (£45 down from £90, what the piss?!) and have my eye on some new levis, a pair of boots, and some All Saints tshirts (they have a wicked sale on atm).

Maybe get a new wallet too. I love wallets. And some awesome socks.

Blademaster
2nd January 2011, 02:45 PM
Do you keep your wallets in a wallet?

Knight of Time
2nd January 2011, 03:39 PM
I got a Wii (a red one to be exact; the one that comes with New Super Mario Bros. Wii), Sonic Colors for DS, a couple of books, some clothes, etc. With some of the Christmas money I got, as wel as this gift card I got for use at Future Shop, I bought Yoshi's Island DS (one of the harder-to-find DS games I had been looking for, shame I only found it as a previously played game, at least it works well), and 3 Nintendo Points Cards that I used to download a quintet of WiiWare and Virtual Console games. I'm just a little disappointed the Wii didn't come with this special hack of the original NES version of Super Mario Bros. that supposedly had a graphical change in the ? blocks to make them have the number 25 on them in place of the ?...possibly only in either European or Japanese releases, I dunno. But oh well, with or without the special edition of the original NES classic, it's a good one.

Crystal Mew
5th January 2011, 12:49 AM
I got clothes and a few books mostly. not bad :)

Bear
5th January 2011, 07:58 AM
Some new work shirts, a tie, a golf polo, a DVD, and the Steelers Beach towel I've been wanting forever. Also got to travel to Seattle for a week and a half to visit my best friend so that was cool.

Katie
5th January 2011, 11:32 AM
I asked for "things grown ups have in their houses, like a cookbook or a broom or something" because I'm officially not living with dear ol mom, not even during summer and winter breaks (because I'll never have them again :cry: ). I got.......... 6 cookbooks and a broom! Way to be creative, family. I also asked for and got the little lingerie bags that you can wash your bras and shit in the washing machine, thank god because I hate hand washing. Oh and Apples to Apples! Best game! Mostly just money though, I needed it :/

I asked for a specific dinosaur book but didn't get it. I think my family thinks I'm kidding every year I ask for something dinosaur related :( Bf didn't miss a beat though, and got me a big jug of cheap plastic dinos which is probably my favorite gift. I have them set up on the top shelf of my bookshelf. The pterosaurs are hanging from the top with dental floss and I wanna get some construction paper to make an awesome background. Awesome dino diorama. Dinorama!

Chris 2.1
5th January 2011, 02:39 PM
Do you keep your wallets in a wallet?

Hahaha this got a chuckle out of me. No, I dont keep them together :P